Old 01-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #31  
Member w/ messiest house

Did anyone notice that Cowpeach has 1 lb. left to her goal? Of course she has a 5 lb. goal. I could vary 5 lbs in a single weekend.

I don't think you want to know where the cowsies went, Peachie. Jamaica would be a good place for them, though. They could get smoked.

We have a strange buzz in our house. It doesn't even go away when we turn off all the power -- I mean pull the main circuit! Perhaps we are going to blow up.

I'm hungry. Whatcha got?

I'm still waiting to hear about date pudding or whatever it was.

I can't run people off even if I wanted to. I could bore them to death. That could be what happened to Lush.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #32  

El Schatzarina is still in da herd. No fear..Just been busy with this land crap and school crap. Tomorrow we go to identify the Perc Site... with the developer and our tentative Architect. If it doesn't perc for a conventional system- its a deal breaker...so says DH who as I type is engrossed in " everything you want to know about septic and wells" or er somedim like dat dare. Whilst I do the important stuff like check magazines and websites for the most beautiful Kitchen and Bath designs.
I am up to me eyeballs in school work.. Solving for A,B,C X etc... but the good thing about it is I can craft a decent project plan with schedules and costs and do all kinds of fancy schmancy calculations on variances and stuff..
We've got about 6 months to create the plan, know the budget, get bids blah blah blah.... Am I boring you yet?
I live in a neighborhood of odd women. I think they are all wackjobs. Dear Landlordess turned out to be very deranged. Had taken Landlord/her daughter and refused to return her or let her speak to LL. I wanted to be Switzerland (the land of chocolate... and fence sitting). I ended up being "dragged" into an "emergency custody hearing"... all seemed to go well for LL... I hope he remembers this when the lease is up
Other wingnutty neighbor calls me only when she is in a crisis. She now has a stalker for which I am to be on alert for... and to call the cops post haste should I see suspicious activity. There is marital discord... I wish not to know about.. she talks over me. I hate that. and I have NO interest in her libido nor his preferences. I said this... I think I finally got rude enough that she won't "share" anymore. Did I drone on? U can wake up now I'm done.

This post was all about ME. how rude is that?
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #33  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

here is the recipe for the sticky date pudding from the D'Alvay Inn on PEI----apparently the Gourmet Magazine people requested it!!!---i quote:specialties of the house include:

Our famous Sticky Date Pudding with Toffee Sauce
so good Gourmet asked for the Recipe and you can too!
E-mail us at [email protected] and we will send it to you
We can also design Special Cakes for any ocasion

Please call in advance (48 hrs) to arrange for your special cake in the dining room or any special requests to make your visit memorable

Photo Credit: Barrett & MacKay

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...ws/views/15100
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #34  
Member w/ messiest house

Bagzie, you're so accommodating; I'll get right on that.

Wow, it's so cold here today my hands were freezing right through my mittens. I threw the ball for Jet about 4 times and came right in. She didn't seem to mind

Schatzi, I was wondering where you'd got to. Sounds very busy in Schatziland. Ick, hate that whole septic subject. Brown jobs are for men, eh?

I'm with you on those people who talk right over you -- I have one friend who does that all the time. Frankly I dislike talking to her. The only way to avoid the frustration is to just shut up and listen to everything she says. Nice friendship, huh? I'm also getting a little peeved at some of my married friends who used to be able to carry on a group conversation and recently have gotten to where they apparently can't be bothered to listen to anything their spouse says so they try to carry on a side conversation with you while you're attempting to hear the other one. I feel like saying "Excuse me, I actually wanted to be in that conversation" People have no patience, it seems. Maybe I should just lean over to DH and ask him to take notes for me...

Oy. Let's all get together and annoy each other!

My sweet DD is going to Montreal today! The college chorale is going to McGill University to rehearse Elijah! with a director there and to sing at some church as well. The funny thing is that she only just joined the chorale this semester and they've had only one class/rehearsal! Most of the kids apparently were in it last semester. But she has no problem with sightreading the music, and she's happy as can be to be singing. Wish I could join them on the road...

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 01-27-2007 at 11:36 PM. Reason: just dumb, that's all
Old 01-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #35  
loves kleenex box art

Elijah Rock Shout Shout
Elijah Rock Comin' Up Lord

That one?

I was asked how old I was today. I'M NOT TELLING YOU, was my answer. The nerve.Then she guessed ages younger. Still ... the nerve. As I explalined to her, this is not something I care to think about.

I sent ds a consseouiur (spell it yourself) Wine Country Gift Basket and he said it's a work of art. Awwww. No wine included. Crackers and salmon and cheese thingies and such.

Now, I will go bore the cats.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #36  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Elijah Rock Shout Shout
Umm, I don't think so. It's an oratorio by Mendelssohn. Probably they can sing Elijah Rock without going to Montreal, right?

Talked to DD last night. She was sitting in a bar. Those Canadians are such a bad influence. Although she claims she wasn't drinking. The bad girl in me felt like asking her "why on earth not?" but I restrained myself. They will be rehearsing all day today until 3PM and then they will probably be set loose on the city. Watch out, Montreal.

I need to go to the big city and buy an office chair. I was really not planning to spend my Christmas $$ on an office chair, but I think I'd better if my elbow is ever going to stop hurting.

Bagz'DD is the cutest thing to hit Scandinavia since my great-grandparents left.

Jet chewed off her bandage while I was watching TV last night. I had to give her a new rawhide to keep her busy today. She is really tired of being bandaged up apparently. It's healing quite well, but not entirely closed up so I hate to let it go unprotected. She's being awfully good considering...

Kiwi
Old 01-27-2007, 05:15 PM   #37  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

KIWONK!!-- the drinking age in alberta,quebec and pei is EIGHTEEN!!! i think the rest of us provinces use 19 years as the legal age----i still think in this day and age,21 is archaic----19 is good.The dumb part is =----most kids start drinking in highschool so waiting another five years to be legal is sort of useless.Montreal is lovely but my favourite is Old Quebec City---they are having their winter carnival now---beautiful snow sculptures!!and an ice hotel!! www.carnaval.qc.ca ------peachie---that was sweet of ds to be all thrilled with his basket of goodies!!! if he was in montreal you could have included the wine!!haha!!---i made the sticky date pudding----like alot of the commentors on the epicurious website,i would agree that it needs at least another fifteen to twenty minutes in the oven,but it was DELISH and the caramel sauce was decadent!!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #38  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
KIWONK!!-- the drinking age in alberta,quebec and pei is EIGHTEEN!!!
Well, exactly -- that's why I was thinking "why not?" Of course here in the high school, most of the kids drink too, but the powers that be have been making such a fuss about it the past few years that we have had to prevail on the kids to follow the letter of the law. All the athletic and music students signed contracts that are really strict; they're not even supposed to be in the presence of underage drinking or smoking. So a lot of the smarter kids actually stuck by it because they didn't want to mess up their college plans, including DD and many of her friends. They particularly didn't want to be in the situation that the class before them found themselves in -- they all got arrested a few days before graduation because they had one of their parties just outside the county line and got caught by police from another town who were only too happy to make an example of them.

My view would coincide with yours, Bagz, that it's archaic to call them adults and still expect them to wait 3 more years before they can legally drink, but unfortunately the tide turned about 10 or 15 years ago in the US. When I was in college the drinking age was 18, then it went back up in the 80s or 90s I guess. Bunch of moralistic fusspots got into power.

Can you imagine if they re-institute the draft and then expect conscripted soldiers to abstain from drinking? What a joke.

I wish I could go to winter carnival -- I've never been to Quebec City. DD went with her French club a few years ago, but they went in the spring.

I talked to DD a few minutes ago and she was in a jazz club. Sounds like she's having a great time.

Well, I got my new chair. Now I need a new desk... At least I can sit up straight, that's nice. Mousing still needs work. Elbow still hurty hurty hurty.

Kiwi
Old 01-28-2007, 05:34 AM   #39  
loves kleenex box art

Kissy kissy elbow.

4:30 in morning. Kiwi woke me up. No matter. Gives opportunity to eat Golden Oreos.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:28 AM   #40  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

HOW DID KIWI AWAKEN YOU??? IS THERE A BUZZER THAT GOES OFF WHEN SHE POSTS!!HAHA----KIWONKERS,NOW That i have the laptop,i don't use the mouse---would the finger pad be as annoying for you??? do you guys use a laptop at all??? i thought i would hate it but it turns out i love the freedom of wandering around with the computer all over the house--i had it in bed with me when dd went to france---i was on the air canada website all night checking the flight status---making sure it landed!!!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #41  
loves kleenex box art

When ds uses is laptop here, he has to plug it into a phone hole-in-the-wall. You have that phone-line-in-the-air thing? So while you're following Flyperson as she directs you from room to room, you have the laptop in the basket of laundry just in case you want to check the weather? My house is small and it's not that far to the puter. I know yours is not small but I can't see lugging it around. What does it weigh?

Kiwi just posts loud. I have to go to work now.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #42  

I have fly in the air wireless laptop... No other way to surf n fly I say! I use the fingerpad thingie...but must admit when I first began to use it me leetle fingerpads got sore ... now I guess they're toughened up I take my laptop all around the house but find it most in my kitchen/office... Dhs is in the living room always... and his work lappy is in the office hooked up to a docking station or somethin like that.
I flung poop on my head today.

I was walking the terrors. I carry a plastic bag with other littlier plastic bags and bounty to pick up the poop. I hang the bag from my wrist,then using my sweatshirt sleeves I anchor it so it is up after my elbow and away from me so I cant smell it. Darby and Casey saw somethin..rabbit bird and took off getting me all in a tangle with their leashes... I then did some "Twister" moves to untangle myself, one of which was to twist turn and maneuver the poop beholden arm up over my head. This all happened quite quickly-and paper plastic wrapped poop fly on head and all over the road.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:39 PM   #43  
loves kleenex box art

Shotsy .... my friend has a cat named Darby. It stays indoors and does not chase rabbit birds. You sound quite disgusted with the event but what's a little poop on head between friends. You can always wash your hair. Rabbit birds are so tempting.

Who knows a lot about puters other than Kiwi who is not answering me? Even DS is no help. Ignoring me.

Worked all day. Going to rest. Bye.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #44  
Member w/ messiest house

mmm sorry peachie. Had to go to the inlaws for dinner which turned into an all afternoon snore fest. Well, for me anyway. Probably should have gone ahead and taken a snooze, but I was trying not to be too rude in my boredom. Everyone else (DH, his parents and sister) were poring over ancient family photographs identifying the people in them so he can scan and organize them. Let me tell you, other people's photos can only hold your attention for so long before you really have to....let's see...Walk the dog!....Go to the bathroom!....Put that food away!....Make some more coffee!.....Call my daughter!.....Read the newspaper!....... snore................ I can't believe DH didn't tell me what he had up his sleeve for the afternoon's entertainment; I could have brought a book. (No puters at the parents-in-law)

And then I had to go listen to the lovely chorale voices singing at the Montreal church service this morning; it was online. Pretty pretty pretty. No time for computer problems... Oh yeah, sorry. I'm here. Not to worry about removing and re-installing drivers, but just make sure that you have the drivers to reinstall before you do it!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:16 PM   #45  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, it's Monday! Where is everybody? Did you all have such a hoopdedoo weekend, you're unable to speak? Are you all so busy doing or at the library poring over or in the kitchen or perhaps on the phone to your real life friends that you don't have time to entertain MEEEEEEE?
Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo

Kiwi