Old 02-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #76  
Member w/ messiest house

I'm glad doggie is on the mend, Wab. I mean, a dog loves to wear a lampshade for parties, but as an everyday thing, nah...

Mine is still wearing a bandage; I tried taking it off one day and it got worse, so she's stuck with it for a few more days.

I have this big project I volunteered for -- making signs for the high school jazz festival next month. It seems so gigantic I can't bring myself to begin. Slap me please. The entire state is coming to this shindig, some 80 bands or something. And they will all get lost if I don't get a move on.

Talked to my sweet dd last night. She's all busy and seems pretty happy. Opened her birthday presents already and quite likes them. I got her a small rug and a couple of cute tops. DH got her a bracelet at the local new-agey gift shop that was made by a girl in the high school who DD knows. This girl who made the jewelry has issues, serious mental health issues, and it's really cool to see her doing something productive that's getting positive attention.

Okay, I've probably procrastinated long enough. Should try to accomplish something.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #77  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Where Are You Cowlets?

Must I keep talking to myself?

I have dry hands

It's 7:30 and I haven't made dinner yet.

My daughter is turning 19 tomorrow and I won't be there. Perhaps I mentioned that already. I am conflicted. Part of me wants to drive down there tomorrow, and part of me wants to drive down there Saturday. All of me knows I am probably not driving down there at all.

Kiwi
Old 02-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #78  
loves kleenex box art

That's so unfair. It's YOUR baby. YOU were the one who did the most on the first birthday so it should be YOU who gets to have her way.

Remember all lcp's health problems? She just got out of the hospital in Florida (upon arriving home from Spain) with two ulcers. One in stomach. One in duodedum or however Kiwi spells it.

Here is my sad state of events. I joined an organzation so I could meet people but they only meetings they have locally are when I'm working except the monthly mail-the-newsletter one. So I haven't been to any. Now the national group is having a weekend thingie right here. I mean right where I work at the supermarket and I've arranged to have the weekend off and all I could think of was that I didn't want to be working and have people from that organization come in the store and be having fun and I was pushing their food down the line. What I'm saying is I SHOULD GO TO A MEETING buttttt probably won't. I need therapy obviously.

Speakiong of which, this woman at work told me stepdd is coming home maybe and she didn't tell anyone but me because she didn't want to face the disappointment if she didn't come. So I'm thinking I can trust this woman and one day I tell her, "Between you and me, I'm getting emails about jobs in the school district."

TWO HOURS LATER, I hear the cook tell the facility snitch that Ms. Kay said Ms. Peaches is quitting. I went directly to Ms. Kay and explained that if I got a job, I'd have to take time off work for an interview and would prefer people not know this so I wouldn't be given a hard time. She apologized and said, "I didn't realize you didn't want it told."

I can only trust cows.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:20 AM   #79  
Member w/ messiest house

Ms Kay is not too bright...or rawther 2-faced. And you are right, cows are the only ones you can trust. We pretend that we don't even know each other's names or where we live. We are the perfect friends.

Sad to hear that lcp is sick again. I hope it didn't ruin her time in Spain.

You have completely confused me about this meeting; I can't figure out whether you mean to go or not, but I totally don't blame you for not feeling like having them come through your line. Personally I would be going to the mailing meetings -- but I love to fold things.

Later gators.
Kiwi
Old 02-09-2007, 03:35 PM   #80  
Member w/ messiest house

Also we can chat any time day or night and nobody minds if you nod off while we're talking. And we can look like **** and none of us will ever mention it. Unless of course you post a picture of yourself looking like ****; that's fair game.

Clearly I am talking to myself again. Sad.

Which would you rather have:
  1. 100 inches of snow in your yard, or
  2. a high temperature of 10 degrees F that feels like 6 below zero?

Kiwi
Old 02-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #81  

Baggz... beautiful photo!

Greetings from Texas. Life is good here. My hand is cramped from addressing DS's wedding invitations. Have done about 200, only 50 to go. Working with ex and ex's wife is going way better than anticipated.

Getting svelt is not. My @#$%'d Arimidex which I re-started after the holidays is again making me ache, gain weight, sleep poorly, and feel hopeless. (Or maybe it's the aches, weight gain and lack of sleep that make me feel helpless.)

DH is a trouper. DD got promoted and is happy in Rhode Island. She also "came out" to her paternal grandmother... Which lets me know that a: she has courage and b: her current flame must be pretty significant.

TTFN

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-09-2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: had stuff to add
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #82  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i have both---many inches of snow and minus 17 celcius with a wind chill of -27--and i am sick to death of it!!!i think i am in the middle of the winter BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSS AND i sure am crabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbby!!!!! sorry to hear that you are missing your baby who is turning legal in canada!!!!my baby turns TWENTY ONE in two weeks so she will be legal in the USA!!!!! crazeeeeeeeeeeeee------- well,peachers,i think you should go to the party wherever it is held---YOU NEED TO PARTY HARDY TIL AT LEAST TWELVE BELLS!!!! now i must go watch frazier and then seinfeld and then go to sleep!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #83  
loves kleenex box art

I'd rather have the snow. The other sounds cold. With the snow, I can sit inside and drink hot cocoa and eat grilled cheeses. Everything would be lovely and white and fir trees would line the perimeter of my vision. An old barn would loom to the right side of my window and a cute man in high boots and flannelesque shirt would be walking toward my window .. no door .. whistling as he walked and carrying a bucket of maple syrup. I could see him. No 100 inches of snow would obscure this view. Maybe he would be on slilts. Who cares. Bread would be baking in the oven. I wonder who did that? He would open and close the door so adroitly that no heat would escape the house. Entering my Florida room, where I am watching this wonderland spectacle, he would call "Hi, Honey," and throw off his darling little stocking cap thing. As his comes nearer I feel the cold coming off his ruddy skin. HIs lips, full and childlike, demonstrate their muscularity as his kisses my waiting mouth. "Is it still snowing," I ask. "I don't think so," he shrugs, "Want to go for a walk?" "Sure," I answer. The snow melts before us as we stroll, arm in arm, down a country lane. Birds sing. Squirrels twitter. Holly sprigs spring up around us.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #84  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Woohoo, Peaches!

I think that fantasy is what prompted me to move to Maine. Are you writing a romance novel?

Hi Painty! Sounds like fun (and a lot of work) helping with DS' wedding. I'm sure it will be wonderful. I thought your DD was in Boston area, did she move recently? Or am I just not remembering as usual. I think it's great about her coming out to her grandmother. Must be so difficult. My dd's roommate is having coming out problems galore -- her parents, once the epitome of the east coast liberals, went absolutely ballistic when she told them she was gay.

My dog keeps turning off my Roomba.

Kiwi
Old 02-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #85  
fatter than U

Hi darlings!

So sorry I've been such a lazy cow lately. Well, lazy when it comes to posting. At home I've been working my rather large behind off and ze kitchen, she is finished! Just need to put all the STUFF back in and accesorize a bit. Will be asking advice on window treatments from interior designer cows.

Feel like I'm coming down with something. The nice cashier at the supermarket today looked deathly ill. She should have been at home in bed rather than handing out change. The whole town will probably be infected by Monday.

I promise I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow!
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:31 AM   #86  
Member w/ messiest house

Yep, money is the root of all illness. Or something.

Congrats on the kitchen!!! I went to see the floor and light fixture; I must return to peruse the latest. Must be totally wonderful to have all new kitchen stuff. I am turribly jealous.

Later darlings.

Kiwi
Old 02-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #87  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Bragging and complaining

First the complaints:

I've been on the puter for nearly an hour and was wearing my elbow cuff dealie-do with ice to ward off pain and I just took it off. Now my arm feels frozen and stiff. Lovely.

Some ******* sent me a spam today with a subject line about "the dead dads club" which is offensive enough, but I would have taken it more personally if I hadn't recognized the line as being from a recent episode of Grey's Anatomy. Some people are such complete I can hardly believe it.

Anyway, the brag:

DD couldn't come home for her birthday this weekend because of the big gala opening of the brand new music building on campus. She performed with the chorale last night at the fancy black-tie concert, but mostly she put in hours and hours of work at the box office, setting up for events, and yesterday morning she was helping people find the activities they came for (she is in the Gamelan ensemble, but she was needed for showing people around). And one of the people to whom she actually gave a personal tour of the whole facility was this guy who it turns out is quite the VIP. Good thing she was nice to him. He was the music dept. chairman when I was there at school, but I don't really remember him. Today she is working at the BSO chamber concert.

And that's my life lived vicariously through my child. Someday I will get my own life, but for now

Kiwi
Old 02-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #88  
loves kleenex box art

Ok. Vicarious lives through kids ... DS is in Tampa visiting lcp who is out of the hospital again. He tells me so little. He may have sung the lead in La Bohemme but I wouldn't know. He did apply for an RA job for the next year and he did .. when I pressed .. tell me that the interview took two days. First day, kids were put into groups presented with problems (not specified) and people with clipboards hovered around them observing them solving problems in groups. Next day was formal interview where he got to tell them why he should be hired.

I don't know how to get a life.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #89  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I don't know how to get a life.
Oh who needs a life, I'm sure it's overrated. Here's what I do when I can't details sufficient from DD -- I ask the bf! If I am still not satisfied with the answers, I annoy her with emails. It doesn't help, but it makes me think I've done something. Sometimes I resort to comparing notes with BF's parents. I've never known people who talked on the phone so much; I was over there a week or so ago and one of the boys called home twice while I was there. So the parents are right on top of everything.

Good luck to DS with the RA thing. DD's roommate is applying for that as well, leaving DD at loose ends, but I'm sure she will figure it out.

I haven't done anything about dinner and it's 7:20. I wonder if we will eat dinner tonight?

Kiwi

Oh, here's some news: my ex-bf got married last week for the 2nd time. Apparently he gave up waiting for me.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #90  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

my dd in denmark was celebrating last night by whacking on a barrel to make candy fly out of it----i think i will live vicariously through her too!!!!---i love peacher's story---it was so evocative i felt i was there---i think there was a cat sitting by the stove purring.here is what dd was doing ----http://www.danishmuseum.org/SpecialEvents/Fastelavns.html
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote