Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 7-24 to 7-30

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • MORNING BUDDYS!!

I must have jumped for joy about my DEAL too soon!!! I discovered my HBO wasn't working on Thursday night as it should have been, but all the other channels were (ie: Lifetime Movie Channel, ENCORE, WE, etc) I watched THE NOTEBOOK for the hundreth time and went to bed with a mental note to call COMCAST in the A.M. to resolve the HBO problem.

Called COMCAST and by the graces, got the same Woman as the previous day. She once again comfirmed my having all the channels plus the HBO (12 channels) but had to let me talk to Customer Service. Another really nice Lady helped me by saying she sent a message to my box and when I got home from work, everything would be in working order!

NOT!!!! Had to call again and the Gentleman whom I spoke with told me that all the channels I was getting wasn't included in the deal. Only the HBO, ONDEMAND plus the channels I had already been paying for. OH MY GAWD DID I LOSE IT!!! I explained to him what the letter said with the offer but he wouldn't budge.
    GIRLS....I PACKED THAT BOX UP AND THEIR REMOTE (kept the batteries) AND OFF TO COMCAST I WENT!

WHEN VERIZON GETS TO MY NEIGHBORHOOD WITH THEIR CABLE...I AM SO GONE FROM COMCAST!!!! They are the only ticket in town and have been for years. They don't care about their customers because of this. YES....BOB IS ON A MISSION NOW AGAINST COMCAST!!!

I'm so anxious to hear from TALITHA...I know everything went OK, I still want to know!!!

I'm off to PENNEY'S to buy new sneakers. They have my REBOK's for $29.99 for the tax free shopping weekend before school starts. I'm also on a mission for some new rugs for the bathroom and for the front door.

I'll check in later.

BOB
  • Howdy everyone; Just getting in a little typeing before I have to go work somemore. We're getting ready for our company Monday. DH is cleaning the carpet in the livingroom and I'm cleaning the bathroom and doing laundry. Had two pieces of ww bread with peanut butter for breakfast. This evening I'm making stir fry. It rained here last night a bit.

Bob I'm so silly I didn't realize I had picked Jackie's avatar. So I changed it real quick. Its so easy to do and they have lots of fun ones.

This is going to be a quiet day here. Everyone is going someplace. Better get back to work....
  • Weekends Here... YAY!!!
    Howdy everyone! Went to Curves this morning with my MIL and came home and scrubbed the bathroom and mopped the floors. Yesterday I cleaned out my whole dresser and night stand. DH said it was worth the $ for Curves just to give me the energy to clean the house! Smartypants!

Toni - That's what I did. I lost a lot of weight rather quickly and then got the "big head" and decided to eat what I wanted, and once I started that I couldn't stop and gained all of it PLUS an extra 10 pounds for my troubles. Now I'm starting back and doing well, but realizing that it will come back if I LET IT!!

BOB - I LOVE Curves!! I went last Saturday with my MIL because she had a membership and I wasn't in the door 15 minutes and I signed up. I've been every day. It really IS only 30 minutes. It's a circle of machines and mats, and you walk in place on the mats and do the machines, switching when the music says "Change stations now." Two rounds and you're done, then you stretch for 3 minutes to a chart on the wall. I just loved the positive atmosphere, a lot of self esteem boosters everywhere and women of ALL SIZES in their workout clothes with no self-consciousness and all of us just talking while we go around about whatever we want. (today it was boob jobs.. LOL) Anyway.. not trying to be a commercial, but I really love it there. I felt welcome and comfortable... and this from a chick who still changes clothes in the bathroom so my husband can't see me after 10 years married... so that's saying a LOT!
    PS - Mediacom has the market locked here, and the second someone else moves in... I"M SWITCHING! They're jerks, like you said, they don't give a crap 'cause they're the only show in town. GRRRRRRRRR

Monet - Any news about Talitha?? Still praying mom and baby are wonderful and fine!

OH... I almost forgot... I weighed at Curves today (Since I started on a Saturday) and I'm down 3 pounds this week!! Yahoo!!!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
  • Woopie Beth Way To Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 lbs. is GREAT!
  • EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

Well...got screwed at PENNEY'S too! Asked for the REBOK on sale for the doorbuster and was told they don't carry that shoe. I said "It's in the sale paper" and he replied..."yes, and it says that Maternity clothes are on sale too..we don't carry them either!"....SO...I motored down to SEARS and got a REBOK DMX for 23.99 that's less than the Penney's shoe and I didn't pay any tax because it's TAX FREE DAYS!!!

I did buy some new PANTIES though...My JOCKEY'S were on sale and I got 6 pair...that will put me at pretty much a month and a half till I need to wash!!!

Picked up the rugs at 70% off but got the wrong color for the bathroom and Kate is making me take it back...so I'll have to go back into that madhouse tomorrow!!

I got a new PRESSURE COOKER 5qt for 60% off $19.99

Picked up a dress at 70% off $12.99 and a pair of REBOK flip flops $3.99 had been $35

That was my day....how was yours????

BOB
  • How was my day, Bob asks? Don't ask! I got to the church at 10, and got home at 7:30. I am beat! AND I don't get paid my coordinator fee for this one. The next one will be easier when I am looking forward to a paycheck!

I just got off the phone with TALITHA. She and baby Lucas are doing well. He was 8 pounds even and 20 1/2 inches long. She said he has dark hair and eyes and looks just like his daddy. They are doing well. She is going to have a friend email me some pictures and I will post them as soon as I get them!

Tom and I are planning on heading out for some dinner, so I better go. Later, my friends!
  • Southernness
    Y'all Enjoy!

Southernness

Only a Southerner knows the difference between a hissie fit and a conniption fit, and that you don't "HAVE" them, you "PITCH" them.
    _____

Only a Southerner knows how many fish, collard greens, turnip greens, peas, beans, etc., make up "a mess."
    _____

Only a Southerner can show or point out to you the general direction of "yonder."
    _____

Only a Southerner knows exactly how long "directly" is, ... as in: "Going to town, be back directly."
    _____

Even Southern babies know that "Gimme some sugar" is not a request for the white, granular sweet substance that sits in a pretty little bowl in the middle of the table.
    _____

All Southerners know exactly when "by and by" is. They might not use the term, but they know the concept well.
    _____

Only a Southerner knows instinctively that the best gesture of solace for a neighbor who's got trouble is a plate of hot fried chicken and a big bowl of cold potato salad. If the neighbor's trouble is a real crisis, they also know to add a large banana puddin!
    _____

Only Southerners grow up knowing the difference between "right near" and "a right far piece." They also know that "just down the road" can be 1 mile or 20.
    _____

Only a Southerner, both knows and understands, the difference between a redneck, a good ol' boy, and po' white trash.
    _____

No true Southerner would ever assume that the car with the flashing turn signal is actually going to make a turn.
    _____

A Southerner knows that "fixin" can be used as a noun, a verb, or an adverb.
    _____

Only Southerners make friends while standing in lines, ... and when we're "in line," .... we talk to everybody!
    _____

Put 100 Southerners in a room and half of them will discover they're related, even if only by marriage.
    _____

In the South, y'all is singular, .... all y'all is plural.
    _____

Southerners know grits come from corn and how to eat them.
    _____

Every Southerner knows tomatoes with eggs, bacon, grits, and coffee are perfectly wonderful; that red eye gravy is also a breakfast food; and that fried green tomatoes are not a breakfast food.
    _____

When you hear someone say, "Well, I caught myself lookin'," you know you are in the presence of a genuine Southerner!
    _____

Only true Southerners say "sweet tea" and "sweet milk." Sweet tea indicates the need for sugar and lots of it -- we do not like our tea unsweetened. "Sweet milk" means you don't want buttermilk.
    _____

And a true Southerner knows you don't scream obscenities at little old ladies who drive 30 MPH on the freeway. You just say,"Bless her heart" ... and go your own way.
    _____

To those of you who are still a little embarrassed by your Southerness: Take two tent revivals and a dose of sausage gravy and call me in the morning. Bless your heart!
    _____
    And to those of you who are still having a hard time understanding all this Southern stuff, . bless your hearts, I hear they are fixin' to have classes on Southernness as a second language!
    _____

And for those that are not from the South but have lived here for a long time, all y'all need a sign to hang on y'alls front porch that reads "I ain't from the South, but I got here as fast as I could."
    ____

SOUTHERN WOMEN

Southern women appreciate their natural assets:
    Clean skin.
    A winning smile.
    That unforgettable Southern drawl.

Southern women know their manners:
    "Yes, ma'am."
    "Yes, sir."
    "Why, no, Billy!"

Southern women have a distinct way with fond expressions :
    "Y'all come back!"
    "Well, bless your heart."
    "Drop by when you can."
    "How's your Momma?"

Southern women know their summer weather report:
    Humidity
    Humidity
    Humidity

Southern women know their vacation spots:
    The beach
    The beach
    The beach

Southern women know the joys of June, July, and August:
    Colorful hi-heel sandals
    Strapless sun dresses
    Iced sweet tea with mint

Southern women know everybody's first name:
    Honey
    Darlin'
    Shugah

Southern women know the movies that speak to their hearts:
    Fried Green Tomatoes
    Driving Miss Daisy
    Steel Magnolias
    Gone With The Wind

Southern women know their religions:
    Baptist
    Methodist
    Football

Southern women know their country breakfasts:
    Red-eye gravy
    Grits
    Eggs
    ! Country ham
    Mouth-watering homemade biscuits with momma's homemade jelly

Southern women know their cities dripping with Southern charm:
    Charleston (Chawl'stn)
    Savannah (S'vanah)
    Fort Worth (Foat Wuth)
    New Orleans (N'awlins)
    Atlanta (Addlanna)

Southern women know their elegant gentlemen:
    Men in uniform.
    Men in tuxedos
    Rhett Butler, of course!

Southern girls know their prime real estate:
    The Mall
    The Country Club
    The Beauty Salon

Southern girls know the four deadly sins:
    Having bad hair and nails
    Having bad manners
    Cooking bad food
    Wearing too much makeup in the summer

Southern girls know men may come and go, but friends are fahevah !

Now...... Shugah, send this to some girls who were raised in the South or wish they had been!

If you're a Northern transplant, Bless your little heart, fake it.
    We know you got here as fast as you could.....!!!

BOB
  • WAAAAA I want Bob's new pressure cooker.... What a deal........ Just popping in to say howdy and all is fine here.

Woopie for Talitha!!!!

Rest Bob...
  • opps I meant Monet....
  • AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY~!

I'm back from the Mall....Exchanged my rug, but found one I like better and had to pay more $$ but that's ok..this one is a better texture for the bathroom.

Sprayed something on my hand and OH MY GAWD it STICKS!!! I've washed, spit, rubbed it on my butt...NOTHING GETS THE SMELL OFF MY HAND!!!

TONI...Don't you have a PENNEY'S close to you? I would say every store has this bargan..Call them and ask if they have the PHILIPPE RICHARD pressure cooker on sale for $19.99 and if they do, ask them to hold it for you. I'm going to cook green beans this afternoon in mine. I had Kate check it out and it passed her test. She said it's good and heavy on the bottom and that's a good thing. CALL THEM!!!

MONET...I sure do hope you get some rest. You don't want to run yourself down since you were just really sick...LISTEN TO ME!!!

I'm off...got to get some chicken out of the freeZer and then start my laundry.

HAVE A GOOD AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

BOB
  • Baby Lucas!
    Here you go folks...the picture of baby Lucas! Isn't he sweet looking?

Congratulations, Talitha!