Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 09:10 AM   #16  

well, tomorrow is our first school nurse meeting to get back in the swing of things and then we will be released to "open" our clinics. I have a few new posters to put up, make sure I have a good supply of forms to start with, etc. Our meeting is entitled "The school nurses role in a flu pandemic" sounds fun huh? Thursday will be taken up with open houses. I am the school nurse in an elementary school, Rachel is in middle school 7th grade, and Sean will be in 9th, first year of high school. So three open houses to go to.

Monet- I heard you mention some time ago that you will be teaching off a cart this year. The art and music teachers at my school will also be doing that, but it is because it is such an old small school and the governor dropped the class sizes to where we really do not have room for it all. They're building a replacement school that will open next year, so we will have no expanding or anything. Just make it work for this year. I had to move the clinic from a great room with shelves all down one side, which is now the art/music storage room. I am in a tiny dinky room on one end of the stage with no heating or air. It should be interesting. I have a small tower fan to take with me for now, but I'm not sure what I will do come winter!

Tech- I share a lot of your opinions about church. We do not currently go, though we feel that we should for the kids. My mom keeps giving me a hard time about it, but I just have a hard time with all the hippocrites atevery church I've ever been to. So, I don't know.

Toni- Keep up the good work!

Where is Talitha, Bob and others? We haven't heard form Cindy in a while either!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:34 AM   #17  

I did not make it out to walk, and my friend will be here soon, so I will try a different time...maybe after dinner.

Breakfast was a two egg frittata with onions and a few leftover small boiled red potatoes. (no, they are NOT legal...)

I am so sleepy, I am seriously considering climbing back in bed until my friend gets here!

TECH: When it is all said and done, they are YOUR children and YOUR responsibility to raise. If indeed your parents want to have you put them through confirmation, JUST to tell their friends the grandkids are all confirmed, that is the worst possible reason to do it! Religion should be from the heart, not for keeping up appearances.

SOLLY: Way to go on getting to the gym! Yes, I think my clothes are a bit looser. I am wearing my capris that I had to stop wearing right after my hyst, as they did not fit anymore. With all the exercise, I kind of expected more though! I am NOT complaining, mind you!

THIN: I am going to try and make the best of the situation (teaching off a cart)...I don't have my contract yet though, and if they have cut my hours too, well, I may not be working. I can understand how you feel about hippocrites in the church, but keep in mind, we are ALL sinners, and God is still good. I am sure there are folks who look at me and think I am a hippocrite...I just hope they don't stay away from church because of me.
I think I will send BOB an email...and perhaps try calling Talitha.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #18  
Addicted to potato salad!

Monet and Thin: I'm with you both and, Monet, you hit it right on the head...religion/church should come from the heart, not because you want to be seen doing it. For instance, when I was teaching Sunday school, I was working six days a week and spent the seventh teaching Sunday school...simply because I felt blessed by the good things in my life and wanted to toss a bit back to God by spreading the Word to God's good children. Know what I'm saying? This, also, was when I belonged to a big, giant church and I could come and go as I pleased and nobody seemed to notice or care. Nowadays, in my dinky little town, people practically gossip about it if I don't show up one week and I suppose I could see it as 'concern', but they really are just gossipy old people that are sticking their noses into my business, imho. And you should see the people that talked behind my back when they didn't like something that went on at Monday school! One day, the pastor couldn't make it to school. He said, "So, someone is goign to have to pick up hte kids from school." It was his job...so HE should have lined somone up to pick up the kids. HE's the pastor and knows EVERYONE...I was new in town and didn't know ANYONE. I had Kyle in a stroller and didn't really want to take him out in the snow and the weather was really crappy. So, I called the school to see if anyone was there and they said no, so I packed up Kyle (I was always at the church early to set up snack and the craft of the day...that was MY job) and pushed his stroller through the snow and met the kids walking down the sidewalk with a mom at the end of the line. I waved to her that I had the front of the line and when I got back, the mom and her kid were gone. She pulled her kid out of the class because "THAT WOMAN in charge didn't meet the kids at school and I'm not having my kid walk to church by himself!" I was SO MAD...it was the PASTOR's job to pick up the kids and, like I said, if he couldn't do it, HE should have lined up someone to pick them up. So, I got the rap for his failure. I decided that day that I would never, ever volunteer for the church again. The stress of it is through the roof!!

Okay...enough ranting...I don't want to talk about it anymore and I'm sure you guys are sick of reading my sob stories...

Thin: Did you see that I may be a school worker, too? I have an interview on Friday morning for LUNCH LADY!! This is JUST the position I've been hoping would open up during the summer of 2006, just as I'm getting ready to put Kyle into Kindergarten. This will keep me free when the kids are off school and give me plenty of time after Kyle goes to school and comes home to start a roast for dinner and/or get my walk in while nobody's home. And maybe work on my BOOK!!

Monet: If you went to my church, that would be a GREAT reason for me to go to church!! If church was packed with a bunch of Monet clones, I'd be there every single week!! And any ohter days you need me there!! AND...my gosh...you are doing truly great with your meds and weight loss!! Good for you!! You've worked hard for it!!

Okay...Im just waiting for shelley to get out of the shower to go to Walmart...it could be a while!!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:25 AM   #19  

OMG!! Derek had me pay some bills this morning before I go out (I'm still waiting for Shelley to get ready...she's only 12, for crying out loud!!). Derek usually pays the bills because he doesn't like the way I do it. So, anyhow...I just paid $117 for high speed internet and cable!! WHAT is up with THAT? I have a good mind to get rid of cable, all together once the kids are in school. I'd be happy with just the local channels and PBS. And dial-up internet...it's slow, but I spend too much time at the 'puter anyway. What a huge expense!! And totally unecessary (sp) , imho!!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #20  

Tech- I really hope you get the job! It is the perfect thing for me. I work 8am-2pm during the school year and for the most part I don't even have to work on teacher work days at all. I have this meeting tomorrow and then the open house, but that is all until we officially start next Tuesday. Who do you know who has all these extra weeks off, plus two and a half weeks at Christmas and the whole months of June and July?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:11 PM   #21  

Howdy everyone.. My day is going along just fine. I just got off the treadmill. I'm so happy I'm walking on it. I'm having to train my little Boston terrier Jackson to stay off of it while I'm walking. It makes me nervous that he'll cause me to wreck. But I think he's getting the idea. I think my sis is bringing the new treadmill to me Wed. night but I'm not positive. If so it probably won't be put together till the week end. I've got to start getting ready for my company coming Monday. We'll go grocery shopping Thursday evening. I'm wanting to do some stir fry for my DH and I. I'm not very good at it but I'm going to try anyway. Breakfast this morning was a bowl of shredded wheat and bran. I'm out of fruit so had nothing to put in it.

Thunderwoman- Hang in there and you'll have those 7 lbs. off in no time. You're catching it now so it doesn't go any further..

Techwife- Hey send some fruit this way when you grocery shop.... I'd like some blueberries for my cereal. Sounds like you all are having a great summer with a little sun and fun... Good luck on the job interview...

Monet- Yippee for the two lbs. Gal you're really going to town with the weight loss.

Solly- Good going on getting to the gym!

Thin- My gosh you have to get ready for school early when does it start?
Old 07-25-2006, 02:32 PM   #22  

Toni_ Our county went to a modified calendar a couple of years ago and I love it. It was very controversial the first year, but I think it is catching on now. We start back on August 1st, which is very early to some. Then, we have a fall break for a week in September, we have the whole week off for Thanksgiving, two and a half weeks for Christmas, a week for winter break in February, Spring break in April and we are out for summer by Memorial day. We have all of June and July for summer. I would not mind going into mid June and then starting back in mid August, but it is the same numer of days, so I can't be picky. A lot of families, including mine, have found that you can go to Disneyworld or the beach in September after Labor Day and it is a lot cheaper and still plenty warm enough. Winter break can be spent in the mountains or skiing. Some go on a cruise. I like it because it gives dh more opportunity to be on vacation when we are off.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:27 PM   #23  

No baby yet. Just waiting and miserable. They're trying to push for a c-section, but I refused saying I would agree to it on August 4th. If there is any indication that the baby or I am in danger, we can talk. They're just so used to women begging to get it overwith. Everyone wants an induction or a c-section, so they don't knwo what to think of me. ANd they don't even know that I'm cheating on them for a homebirth!

I bought a 5lb box of blueberries yesterday for $5!! I'm so excited! I'm about to go wash and freeze most of them for smoothies and cereal. I ahd a big handful in my Uncle Sam's Cereal this morning. ANy suggestons on what I should make with them? I've never been into blueberries until this year, and my mom never used them.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:52 PM   #24  

Talitha: my girlfriend in Rochester makes strawberry jam with boxes of strawberries with something she gets at the grocery store. I imagine you could make some blueberry jam with the same stuff? I'm so sorry for you that you've still got the baby in the oven. I'm with you...I don't like all the drugs or unnatural things. Of course, for emergencies, but I'm all for letting nature take its course with these things.

Toni: I can see me 'walking the dog' on the treadmill...while I sit in a chair and watch TV!! I can relate to you feeling unstable on it with him around. I've never been able to run on a treadmill...I get all discombobulated and feel like I'm going to wreck. Goodluck with the new one!!

Thin: My niece just got a job in NC as a teacher and she starts in early Aug, too. She explained the longer times off during the year, but no big huge summer vacation. I'd have to be torked off if they did that to us here. Summer's the only time we get to go outside without suffering from hypothermia!!

Well, I got my groceries and sat down to have a snack...a strawberry blue bunny carb freedom yogurt with a handful of walnuts tossed in. YUMMY!! Now I'm going to round up Kyle and Junior and take them for a walk to the post office and to the park if a Tstorm doesn't pop up on is. They're popping up all over, but not here...yet. I dont' stray too far from home, so even if one does pop up, we can be home in ten minutes flat...and I'm a big sky watcher so I'll not let anything sneakup on me!!

PS...notice...I didn't talk about church!!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:19 PM   #25  

TALITHA: DON'T WASH THOSE BLUEBERRIES! You are not supposed to wash them, just put them in ziplock bags and freeze them. Wash them when you take them out to use them. Trust me...I have blueberry bushes in the yard, and have gone picking for years. They freeze well unwashed. If you wash them, the moisture makes them stick together and ruins them!

TECH: That is a LOT for internet! We had DSL for about $50 a month and I thought that was too high!

THIN: I got my contract in the mail today...not sure what I will do. I am unhappy with the compensation and conditions.

TONI: Way to go on the treadmill!

I am about to head out shopping with my son! Later!
Old 07-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #26  

just testing to see if my ticker works
Old 07-25-2006, 05:36 PM   #27  

Darn I can't get my ticker to work can someone explain to me how to get it on after you go to edit signature?
Old 07-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #28  

testing
Old 07-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #29  

Monet- I was sooo just about to wash them all! Thanks!!

Be back later
Old 07-25-2006, 09:55 PM   #30  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation Yikes!!

Guess who's still alive!!!

Whew.. it's been ages since I've been online. And even longer since I've posted!

Quickie intro for all you wonderful people who have joined since I've been AWOL, I'm Beth.. mom of 2 boys 14 & 9. Wife to a fabulous guy. Work as a clerk for the local Sheriff's Department. Love to read. Type 2 diabetes, and eating crappy food anyway. Okay, I think that's it in a nutshell.

Now, the latest updates!

6 weeks ago I had a complete hysterectomy for pre-cancerous test results and while there I opted for a "sling" procedure for a little bladder leak I had when doing strenuous stuff. My OBGYN suggested it as a "simple" little procedure and said I'd be glad I did it. Well... 6 weeks later I'm still trying to pee like a normal person again and still showing blood in my urinalysis with no bacteria growth in my cultures. OK... I've also used the 6 depressing weeks of emotional and physical pain and stress as a reason to eat like a BEAST! I've managed to gain 25 pounds in this last 6 weeks, not to mention the fact that I've been horribly off plan for the last several (okay like 15) months or so!! I feel horrible and I'm at the highest weight now since the birth of my youngest child! (My high weight is at 9 months preggers with him!!!)

Anyway. Saturday I woke up and decided it was time to quit feeling sorry for myself and thinking that just sitting around and eating out of depression and boredom so.... I joined CURVES! I love it there. I feel very comfortable and supported there. Not to mention my MIL is a member who lapsed in October and so I've been getting her to go with me and it's good for her too!!

So... with this new state of mind.. I'm exercising for the first time in about 12 YEARS!! And I am really ready to re-devote myself to the SB WOE. It's time to get healthy, for ME, for my KIDS and the grandkids I want to be healthy enough to be around for and for my Wonderful Husband who deserves someone healthy to be around for him for many years to come.

Didn't someone say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? Well I've come to my senses! I need this exercise, I need this WOE, and I need all of you there to support me even when I know I'll have some small setbacks/slips along the way.

Okay.. thanks for listening and for being here!!

PS - to find the silver lining of the whole surgery issue... I drink nothing but water, water, water all day long and haven't had caffeine in almost 7 weeks!! WOOHOO

((My ticker shows the CW as what I weighed in Saturday at Curves (I almost puked) and I'm only gonna do my weigh/measure once a month there.))
Closed Thread