Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #31  

I just got in from school. I am amazed there is only Thin's post after the one I did this morning. Gosh, we are a dead group lately! Makes me worry...

School was unbelievably stressful. The kids are so ready to be out for summer and getting uppity and rude at times. I felt like I was going to have to bean a few of them today. As it worked out, I did have to put a few names up, but it did not help much. I found out today one of the biggest trouble makers will not be back next year. I have mixed emotions about it. Where he is going to go next year will probably not give him the love he needs. (he is borderline neglected) But, at the same time, he is such a handful, I am sure it will be best for the rest of the children.

My blood glucose levels were not that great today. I don't have time to go walk today either. I have a meeting here tonight and the house is a wreck. I am SO tired....I just want to lay down and rest, but don't have the time. Oh well...gotta quit whining...

I will hopefully be back before bed tonight!

Old 05-03-2006, 05:08 PM   #32  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYBUDDY!!

I wrote a big long post last evening to let y'all know about my experience with the METER and it went poof! I was so mad that I turned off the computer....then when I got home from work today, there was an email from OUR FEARLESS LEADER with her inquiring mind! SO...here I go again!!

As I said on Friday...I took the script to the drugstore and the lady told me that my insurance would not cover the METER, but would cover the STRIPS.
She said she would call them because I have a look-a-like HMO and everthing like this needs either a referral or an authorization. She then said she would call me. Monday came and went and no phone call, but then on Tuesday morning, she called...the will COVER the METER at the drugstore at 75% and I would be responsible for either the copay or the remainder..which ever is larger...BUT...they WOULD NOT COVER THE STRIPS at the drugstore and the I would have to mail in a script and then it takes them anywhere from 10 to 15 days to get your stuff to you in the mail. SO..to do this, I will have to go back to the DRS office and get ANOTHER script because he put both the METER and the STRIPS on one script. THEN mail it across the state and then wait for them to process and send the strips to me. I WAS LIVID!! A jar of the strips was over $100 and they had nothing less. It's a DANG good thing that I don't have FULL BLOWN DIABETES...I'd be dead by now!

MONET...I looked on Ebay but didn't see any strips..where did you find yours? I thought I might check at WALMART and see how much theirs are. I'm now down to the nitty gritty with my money and will have to wait until next Thrursday to day anything.

I have to share this with you...it struck my so funny that when I read it I laughed so hard that I almost wet my pants! (at work)

PLEASE-----

TELL ME THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO US.

CALLING 911

An elderly Floridian called 911 on her cell phone to report that her car has been broken into. She is hysterical as she explains her situation to the dispatcher: "They've stolen the stereo, the steering wheel,the brake pedal and even the accelerator!" she cried. The dispatcher said, "! Stay calm. An officer is on the way." A few minutes later, the officer radios in. "Disregard." He says. "She got in the back-seat by mistake"

Well...Now it's time for the POST POSITION DRAW for the DERBY on Saturday...I'll be back in just a little while! I'll look for JACKIE...don't know if she was going downtown for this or not, but I'll let y'all know if I see her!

Old 05-03-2006, 06:23 PM   #33  

BOB: That is ridiculous! My doctor's office GAVE me the meter. And the strips do come in boxes of 50. (the vials hold 25...so two in a box of 50, and four in a box of 100.) If you go ahead and buy the One Touch Ultra 2, with the rebate it is free. There is a guy who sells almost expired strips on ebay for about $10 for 100. I have gotten 200 from him so I can test as often as I like without running out. It has come in handy! I know now that I can not tolerate sweet potatoes, or whole wheat pasta! It puts my bg levels through the roof! If you get the Ultra 2, which has the alternate test sites, I could probably mail you a vial of strips. Just do a search on ebay for one touch ultra. You will get about six pages of listings!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #34  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay...time for me to chime in here...

I've been eating so-so today. I went to breakfast with some girlfriends of mine while Kyle was at preschool and had two poached eggs on rye toast and about half an orange. For lunch i had some pepperoni and cheese (snack at preschool) and an apple when I got home. For dinner I had a grilled cheese and an apple. I know, I should have more veggies, but when Derek's not home, I just don't feel like cooking. The kids had grilled cheese with tomato soup, so at least I skipped on THAT...HFCS is, like the second ingredient!!

Anyhow....just putting in my two cents to Monet doesn't feel lonely ( Hi Monet!!)

Talk to you guys later on!!

Kris
Old 05-03-2006, 08:10 PM   #35  

Yeah. I made it twice so far this week. Its beautiful here today . Almost reached 80. I got to mow the back yard then off to the gym for my step class , so I got in some extra exercise. You know Ive been thinking and except for this past week - week in a half when I was messing up Ive always tried hard to lose and it is SO hard so the beginning of this week I just gave it over to God. I said to myself " If he cant do it then nobody can" So we will see what happens. But I feel a great weight lifted from my shoulders. Ive done awesome staying on plan this week so far!
Not much else going on here but normal work day and home days.
I did get out this evening to plant some radish seeds. Every year the past few years Ive grown a different vege ( in pots) and this year I choose to try radishes. Last year I did red peppers and they were great to grow . I had a ton of them. Ive done tomatos, hot peppers, and hmmm cant remember the first one ! I just hate those tomato worms... even got them with the red pepper plants... ewwwwyyy yuck ! They give me shivers.

Munch- This is a brand new church we are going to. It started last fall. Its very exciting and growing fast. I was without a church home for a few years because when I moved here from Ca I tried a few different churches and they just were not right. I kinda gave up though because DH was not really interested and I got busy and just put it on the back burner. Im so happy to be back and DH goes with me now as of last month. I was going with my dd or ds before dh was going. The womens ministry is brand new too so its all very exciting for all of us involved. Were doing a book right now called "Captivating... unveiling the mystery of a woman's soul.." And so far its been life changing for me.

Monet- Im trying to stick to the program. It sounds like you are doing well too !
Quote:
Yay Monet! I'm sure your persistance will pay off for your health!
I agree !!

Tech- Ill pray about your writing. How exciting. I understand about needing your full concentration so your plan sounds like a good one !

Talitha- Sounds like you had a nice relaxing vacation. Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound.

Gator- Thats a great idea taking a pad while walking ! Ill have to remember that.

Well, off to read for a bit then to hit the hay ! See you guys later
Old 05-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #36  
Little Engine That Could

Default Weird, Have they removed the quick reply at the bottom of the page?

Maybe I can't find it because I'm using Firefox, a new browser, instead of my usual Safari browser.

Eating was so-so. Everything was A-OK until I had a dish of icecream at the restaurant tonight.
Breakfast--Shredded wheat '[n bran with fresh berries
L-- Some roasted chicken, about a thigh's worth, and some fruit conserve, and iced tea.
D--Fresh lettuce salad with nuts and pear, big bowl of mussels, scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I was "stuffed" which also was a big no-no. I'm really trying to eat only until satisfied. I ate all the mussels and part of the salad and about 1/2 the ice cream with my Dh eating the rest.

Got about 8000 steps in today. Walked my 2 miles this morning, but didn't get enough steps the rest of the day.

Well, I have a ton of laundry to fold, so better sign off.

PS, now that I posted this, I now see the quick reply. Probably something to do with being on my new browser.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #37  

The meeting went well. We had six of us out of about eight...and got a good amount accomplished. Only two and a half weeks...whew!

I had roast beef, brown rice, and salad for dinner and my bg was actually pretty good. I was pleased, since I was afraid the rice might be a problem. And, since I did not get a chance to walk today....

I am beat! I need to get ready for bed, and climb in. See you all in the morning! Sweet dreams!

GATOR: I use Firefox...I love it!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #38  

How's this for the quickest post known to man.......

I am tired. Goodnite!!!

Love, MUNCH
Old 05-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #39  
Sonya

Bob,
This is Curtis, Sonya's Husband, I am a diabetic. I have a One Touch Ultra machine, I will send it to you if your doctor won't give it to you for free. I get all of my machines from my doctor. I have 6 or 7 extra. Also, you need to find an Endocronologist for you diabetes. A family doctor or General Practice doctor isn't the right one. Let me know.

Sincerely
Curtis & Sonya
Old 05-04-2006, 05:14 AM   #40  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD TOOOOO EARLY MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!

I've been up since 3:20 a.m. puttering around, drinking coffee and watching TV..In other words, I've not done a DANG thing! But, who would want too at this UNGODLY hour??

SONYA & CURTIS...I sent you an email. Thanks Curtis I appreciate the offer.
I'm going to call the Drugstore this morning and cancel my Meter through them.

I'm off to get ready for work. I think I'll go in at 6 a.m. and then scoot on home at 2:30 p.m.

BOB
Old 05-04-2006, 07:47 AM   #41  

BOB: If Curtis sends you a free One touch ultra, I can send you a vial of 25 test strips - Happy Birthday or something.... Let me know..

THUNDER: Thanks for having your hubby help BOB out! I was thinking of giving her my Ultra, since I got the Ultra 2, but selfishly wanted one for the pocketbook, in case I needed it. Does your hubby have any tips for good bg control for someone newly diagnosed? Any words of wisdom? I have an endo, but I am not too keen on his nurse.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:54 AM   #42  

Default I need to come back...

Hi everyone,
I was here awhile ago and it helped me so much. Then I strayed and so many things have happened since then, and I need to get back on the wagon and I need this board too.
Since I left we put our house on the market, my Mom's cancer finally caught up with her and she passed away the beginning of Feb, our house sold and closed, we bought another house and moved. And now that the memorials and housewarming have all passed, I don't have an excuse to not get my exercise, and I need to get away from the stress eating and the comfort food.
I got back in the gym yesterday and that felt pretty good. I drank lots of water and although my eating wasn't perfect, it was better.
I was reading a little bit on the postings and I saw some old names and some new names. I hope that you don't mind if I come back. You guys are all so great!
The weather is just too nice today, I'm going to get out and do some field work. Hopefully I'll get to write more soon.
Thanks!
Barbara
Old 05-04-2006, 11:01 AM   #43  

Hi all on a rainy Thursday in Wichita!
This is my weekend to work so I won't be on much. But I haven't disappeared. I can't believe next weekend is Mothers day!
I have requested a family trip to the garden center to buy many flats of flowers and have a family planting day. I think they were relieved they didn't have to come up with a gift. Also I get a traditional mothers day cleaning of the garage. I'll be happy.
May 12th is my oldest ds's last day of high school. snif, snif. I'll be helping out at the senior breakfast held on that day.
Drinking a diet pepsi and feeling guilty it isn't water. Oh well will take some to work.
We went last night to senior honors reception. Sheigh received an honor cord to wear at graduation for National Forensics League. Also recognition for being on the honor roll. I'm proud.

Have a good weekend if I don't talk to you.
KayeC
Old 05-04-2006, 11:21 AM   #44  

I got my 1.5 mile walk in and was rewarded with a normal glucose level. Yay!

WOOD: Oh, Welcome back! Of course we remember you. I am happy to see you, since you just disappeared. I am so sorry about your mom. I know that is hard...and with a move and all, well, sounds like your life has been stressful and busy. Hop on the wagon...we love the company -and especially old friends! There is always room for one more. (its a magic wagon..but BOB is a scary driver so hang on tight!)

KAY: Congrats to you and your son! Its hard when they start graduating. Well, it was for me...made me feel old!

Old 05-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Thursday ladies

This is going to be a quickie. Just wanted to keep Monet happy.

We had a good time at the track yesterday. I won about $40, most of the other girls won too so it was a fun day. Now I have a little to bet the rest of the weekend.

Big party tonight and off tomorrow so I will talk to you on Monday.

Just one reply, Woodfrog, welcome back. We have missed you. Sorry about your mom. Keep remembering she is in a better place. Jackie
Closed Thread