Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #61  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HAPPY KENTUCKY DERBY DAY!!

Has everyone picked their horse for the BIG RACE??? I drew KEYED ENTRY in the office pool. He is owned by a local couple (Sarasota) but not much hope for the BIG RACE WIN!

Can't wait to hear if Jackie had the winning horse at THE OAKS yesterday! I've never in my life seen such a race! Biggest UPSET in the HISTORY of THE OAKS!! $2 ticket payed $96.20... what I wouldn't have given to have had about a $10 to win on that horse!

Today is SUSAN'S big DERBY PARTY!!! Hope she has a good turnout!

Hope everyone has a GREAT SATURDAY!!!! AND...Hope that EVERYONE'S HORSE IS A WINNER!!

BOB
Old 05-06-2006, 01:04 PM   #62  

I just got in from the Asian market. We got there before it was TOO crowded...I guess Chinese and Korean Saturday schools were not out yet. I was dismayed to find the salad size shrimp they sell had doubled in price, but I got it anyway. Its peeled, deveined and ready to go at $5.49 a pound, which is not too bad.

Lunch today was a grilled muenster and ham sandwich, with most of the crusts pulled off to make it less bread. I also had some fresh strawberries. I am waiting two hours to check my glucose levels and see how they are. They were pretty good...almost normal ...before lunch.

I gotta go to Publix, so will check in and see if I am talking to myself this afternoon later on!

Old 05-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #63  
Little Engine That Could

Nope, Monet, I'll talk with you.

Went to a bridal shower this morning for a young woman who was the church secretary for a couple of years. She moved back to Oklahoma and met the love of her life. Her sister that lives here threw a shower for her. So the woman and her mother and grandmother flew back here for the shower. For what they paid for plane tickets she could have bought everything she got 5 times over! The wedding is going to be in OK and they will live there. I took kitchen towels and some pastry brushes. Easier to take back on the plane. That's all I'm saying.

I am paintiing some small tiles to go in our shower. They will be scattered among the regular stone looking ones that will form a decorative border in there. I just wanted to have some tiny arty tiles that would jazz up a regular looking shower. Will probably draw the designs today and paint them on Monday. The tiles are 2 1/2" square.

Not much other news. I have a small bit of pound cake at the shower this morning, but nothing else. It is hard to eat with these braces and when I do, food gets stuck in them. So I'm pretty careful. They had all sorts of cake, even with frosting, and marshmallow dip for fruit and sausage rolls--the kind you make with biscuick--but I passed on everything except for the cake nibble. Easier to eat at home.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #64  

Hi GATOR! Glad I am not the only one in here this weekend!

I have been checking on line for water aerobic equipment. I just got a book on water workouts, and for the deep end stuff, they recommend a buoyancy belt. Dang, they are expensive! The cheapest I have seen is about $50! I really would like to do this though, since I have a pool it would be wonderfully convenient when it is too hot to walk around the neighborhood and I need to bring my glucose levels down. I am going to have to think about it first though. Maybe I will check at a sporting goods store and LOOK at the stuff first.

That said, I think I will put on the bathing suit and join my family in the pool. It is COLD out there today. But at least it is sunny!

Old 05-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #65  

Happy Saturday. I have a big turkey in the oven for dinner. Yum. I am really struggling with cravings today- all I want is salt, salt, salt. I have to run to the store today and pick up some veggies- I am pretty much cleaned out of them. It is rainy and 50 degrees here and all I want to do (besides eat salt ) is lay around, which is NOT good since my house is a MESS!!!!

Hey- has anyone watched "Honey we're Killing the Kids?" Its on TLC and is really good- and motivating. For anyone who hasn't heard of it, its a show about healthy lifestyles and they pick a new family each week (that eats awfully) to evaluate and change their eating and lifestyle habits. They do a computer model of what each child in the family will look like at age 40 if they keep eating the way the parents are feeding them, and its scary. The family last night pretty much ate a steady diet of sugar, and when they changed their menu, the kids turned into totally different kids!!! (Mind you, these kids needed some heavy doses of discipline too!!!!) It's a pretty good show- my girls like watching it oo, and it helps them with understanding what healthy foods are and what not eating right can do to you!!!

Well, not much else going on here- I do need to see if I can motivate myself into doing some more cleaning- ugh!

HUGS, Munch
Old 05-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #66  

Hey...what am I CHOPPED LIVER??? I was in here before either of you!
My feelings are hurt because neither of you address me!!

Three hours till RACE TIME!!

BOB
Old 05-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #67  

Forgot to give you your movie picks for the weekend:

SONGCATCHER...DON'T MISS THIS ONE..IT'S AN OLDIE, BUT UNBELIEVABLE!

LIFE ON LIBERTY STREET

THE FAMILY STONE

THE INVISABLE CIRCUS

DUANE HOPWOOD

BOB
Old 05-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #68  

BOB, don't be hurt. My first post was general, I was replying to Gator in the second. You know I love you to pieces.

MUNCH: I am with you...the house is a mess but I have no desire to clean!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #69  

Monet- Would they have anything you could use at a second hand sports store like Play it again sports?

I've gone out and done a little yard work and thie morning dh andI cleaned our bedroom, dusted and sprayed it for dust mites. The kids both seem to have done better since we did their rooms back in February. So sinceI started my shots last week, we did ours too. I plan to buy us a mattress cover soon too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 05-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #70  
Addicted to potato salad!

Monet: I love water aerobics...for the deep end, try empty milk jugs (the the caps on)...hold them out to your side, arms strecthed, so you make a floating, vertical T. Then, bend your legs at the hips, legs straight, and point your toes out of the water ahead of you...trying to get your legs out of the water as far as possible. THen, bending your legs, bring them out of the water BEHIND you...all the while, keeping your arms straight out to the side. Then, you go back to the front position, but working with the water resistance to make it a workout, going as fast as you can from behind to front. This is the single most greatest, funnest abdomonal exercise I know of. Next, you can try log rolls where you keep your arms straight out to the side and draw a big circle around you with your toes...legs stay as straight as possible. Front, then swing to the left side, then to the back, then the right side and then to the front again...then after a few times around, go the other way. This is fun, too.

Okay...gotta run...will do replies, probably on MOnday...weekends are family time. Have a great Sunday and rest of Saturday!!

Kris

Last edited by techwife; 05-06-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #71  

Happy Sunday everyone. Its a rainy one here. I am not sure how I am going to get my exercise in. My morning bg was not very good, so I NEED to walk somewhere. I may head over to Wally World or the big outlet mall in a bit. I need to get the espresso maker up...he is snoozing still. Poor man dug ALL day in the garden. He was beat when we crawled in bed last night and fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. It did not take me long either, and I slept until 6, when I had to go potty, then slept until 9!

Ok, I hear stirrings...gotta go.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #72  

Quick morning hello. I woke up at 6 feeling nauseaus- not sure why. But fell back asleep and woke up at 9ish with the same, but after a cup of coffee and a bit of breakfast, I feel fine. Weird, but I'm not complaining. I HATE being nauseaus. And NO- I am not preggo!! (There has been some neutering in the "tomcat" of the family ) Soooo, I am gonna take my girls outside in a bit and throw around the baseball. My oldest is signed up to play on her first league this summer!!

I hope all have been doing great this weekend. Even tho my eating has been fairly great, I am showing a gain- strange!!! I think my hormones are whacked this month- I got my "friend" a mere 12 days after last months. ICK!!! Well, off I go to take a shower- I am stinky!!!

HUGS, MUNCH
Closed Thread