Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 07:17 PM   #61  

Bob- Rachel and I both like uncle sam. She thinks it tastes like "sugar bear" (I think they're called golden crisps now, they used to be sugar crisps.)
Old 03-31-2006, 09:12 PM   #62  

We just finished dinner and chatting. My older daughter called and said they were five minutes from our house and coming for dinner! I hurried and fixed a beef and asparagus stir fry, brown basmati rice and some chicken ramen soup with veggies. We sat outside at my new patio table, and ate. It was lovely. Ruth and Erik just left and Tom has already laid down and is thinking of going to bed for the night. He is still whining about being sick.

I just ate a Larabar. They are the ones PANCHO likes. I love them...so good and no additives or anything. Just fruits and nuts and spices. They were demo-ing them at Costco today and I had a nice chat with the guy doing the demos. He was all enthusiastic that I actually knew about them and had eaten them before.

It is about time for me to get ready for bed, so I better go. Night all!

Old 04-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #63  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Larabars? Hmmm, I am going to Costco in about an hour!! Have to check them out.

Bob - I am in Northwest Indiana. I hadn't read about the state-wide time change - cool!!!

Ok, so here was Day 1
B: Instant Oatmeal w/ splenda (have since learned Instant is not legal )
S: Handful of Duluxe nuts
L: Large pouch of Tuna w/ light mayo and triscuits
S: Grapes & 2 strawberries
D: Grilled chicken breast & Black beans (Had dinner @ Chili's - that was tough!)
S: 1/2 WW Bagel w/ natural Peanut Butter

Today so far...
B: 3 eggs with some deli select Ham (is that OK - the ham?) cooked with Pam
1/2 WW bagel w/ butter
skim milk
L: Chili
Chicken Ceasar salad (no crustons or dressing) double chicken

I bought the book last night, so I am reading now, but PLEASE let me know if I am eating anything I shoudn't.

GatorGal - That's kinda what I'm hoping. That if I can get off the sugar and processed carbs, maybe I will lose my desire for all the crap. I'm not having too many withdrawl sysmptoms yet and hubby is willing to do whatever I need to do, so that's nice.

Catch ya Later!!
Old 04-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #64  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

Not much to report since last night, but just know that the movie: DERAILED???? GET IT!!! The first 10-15 minutes are a little slow, but it picks up and never slows down...EXCELLENT!!!!

Went to the grocery and stocked up...I have everything I need for next weeks lunches...I bought some BOAR'S HEAD CLASSIC GOLD CHICKEN BREAST.
If you have access to these products, don't miss this chicken. It has the best flavor that you will every put in your mouth!..I like to roll it up with some good KERRY GOLD SWISS CHEESE from Ireland and believe you me....YUM YUM YUM!!!

A friend of mine made homemade PA Dutch Chicken Noodle Soup and brought over a big container for Kate. NO COOKING TONIGHT FOR BOB!!!!

I've got laundry to do, so I'm going to get started on that...I'll check in later

HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON!!!

BOB
Old 04-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #65  

Rachel and I just got in from a baby shower. It was fun and they had a huge tray of veggies and one of fruit. I took chicken salad sandwiches, so they were Ok too. Of course, I had a small sliver of cake, but instead of punch I just drank my bottled water that I carried in. So hopefully not too bad! I now have pizza crust working in my bread machine and I have fresh mushrooms, bell peppers and onions to top with as well as turkey pepperoni. Hoping to do better this weekend that the past few!

Sandy! These girls are all great and helpful. I don't think I would be where I am without them! I would just check the sugar on your bagels and make sure they are not above 3gm, some people go with less than 5gm.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 04-01-2006, 05:29 PM   #66  

Hooray for me! I actually accomplished something today! I pruned about a third of my roses! This should have been done more than a week or two ago, about when the wedding was... In a bit, Laura and I are going to clean out the wet bar cabinets so we can store some of their wedding gifts in there. I am going to head over to the store for some luncheon meats in a little while. Tom wants Publix fried chicken for dinner, so he will go along and pick that up while I get my other stuff. Today, he went with a young guy from church to pick up some furniture for us to use for the coffee houses at church, so he is feeling a good bit better. I am very relieved, as he was really dragging and its been almost two weeks!

My menu has been terrible today, so I am not going to even go there. I just need to jump on the wagon and put it behind me! BOB! BOB! Bring the wagon, QUICK!

BOB: I love that chicken! It is yummy!

THIN: Way to go on staying legal at the shower! You did great!

JACOBSMOMMY: Your menu looks good to me! Do check the sugars on the ww bagel. Some brands are really high! I just got some from Kroger, and was disappointed at the fact they have high fructose corn syrup in them...even though the sugars was 2 grams. I had one for breakfast, but I might not eat anymore. With 60 grams of carbs for one bagel, it just seems too high!

Ok, I am off...but only slightly and you all have known that for years!

Old 04-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #67  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default S.o.s.

Went to the grocery store today!

Ok, so what's with Whole wheat bread?? Can I have it as long as the sugars are less than 3 gms??? What if it has sugar in the ingredients but has less than 3 on the label?? What brand are you guys eating? I was at the grocery store and didn't find much? My bagels have 9 grms of sugar

Also, what about Pasta sauce? There wasn't anything that didn't have sugar on the label? What do you use???

And finally, the book says I can have chocolate as long as it has more than 60% cocoa. Where does that come in???
Old 04-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #68  

Sandi- I can't answer you bread question, because I make our bread with ww flour and agave nectar in my bread machine. We hardly ever buy it anymore. On the spagetti sauce, I use Ragu organic which only has a few sugars in it and you haveto remember that tomatoes and other veggies contain natural sugars which are allowed. Just read the ingredients list to see if it has added sugars. Chocolate(I love chocolate!) I buy Ghardelli (sp?) twilight chocolate at Wal-mart. It is 72% dark chocolate, but I limit myself to only one small square a few times a week. it is very rich, so one square is enough!
Old 04-01-2006, 08:52 PM   #69  

SANDI: I use Nature's Own whole wheat bread. There is going to be some kind of sugar in bread, to feed the yeast. If it has less than three grams of sugar and is 100% whole wheat, its ok. Obviously, the bagels at nine grams of sugar are not ok. Its hard to find bagels that are ok. The Kroger brand is about as good as you can get. It has two grams of sugar per serving. For Pasta sauce, I use Classico four cheese. It is about the best I have found. There is no added sugar, and the grams are low, like five or six. These grams of sugar probably are from the tomatoes so its ok. It all seems very confusing right now, but once you figure out what you can use, its easy as can be! As for the chocolate: I use 70% chocolate. I get Lindt, or Valrhona if I can find it. I just keep it in my desk drawer, and if I need a bit as a reward to myself, I will have one square. I would wait a week on that though. Once you are no longer craving sweets, it might be easier to handle.

Dinner tonight was fried chicken- I had a bit of breast, and a thigh, and salad. I had some sweetened tea too. Now I feel kind of yucky. I think it was the chicken. Perhaps it is because I am so dog gone tired too. I think this is the first day I did not get in a decent nap since I first got sick.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:15 PM   #70  
Little Engine That Could

YESSSSSSSSssssssss! Go Gators! On to the finals of the NCAA tourney!! George Mason was Cinderella Man-handled!
Wouldn't it be neat to have LSU win tonight so it would be an all SEC final.

Sandi--I buy Pepperidge Farm 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread. It has blue on the wrapper.

The high percent chocolate is lower in sugar than, say, Hershey's, and in fact low enough so that it doesn't spike the insulin. That's why it is allowed. Just don't eat a lot. I buy Scharffenbarger chocolate. I can buy it in little 1 oz. bars that are sectioned into 4 pieces, so just have 1/4 oz. at a time. That's enough for a nice chocolate treat.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #71  

The weather has gotten almost too warm today. Tom went for a walk at the park along the Chattahoochee river. I tried to nap, but it was just too hot and sticky on the bed, so I got up and sat outside in the shade for a bit. Laura and a friend put on bikinis and laid out by the pool...which is not open, but covered for winter. I think by Easter weekend, we will be ready to open the pool if this weather continues!

I made whole wheat scones with blueberries this morning. They were pretty good. I did use some brown sugar in them, but less than 1/4 a cup for eight good sized scones.

The time change, as always, takes some getting used to. I can't believe it is almost four already! Time is just flying today!

Not much else going on around here...hope all is well with you all.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #72  

Hi all. I know this is late on Sunday and I might miss most. Ive been doing well. Lost some inches but the pounds still seem stuck. But Im not stressing on that. Right now Im so totally happy because my Dh has accepted Jesus in to his life and is truly a changed person. I have had some hard struggles with him and me being so different and having different beliefs and it has been a rough 9 years together. This happened so suddenly I am kind of still in shock. I would try to get him to go to church with me but he wouldnt and a week ago Sunday he finally ( out of the blue) said he wanted to go and that one service changed his life. He is becoming the wonderful man I knew he really was inside. Im am really very happy and feel very blessed.
I am back to working OT for a while at work so things have not settled down there. I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and starting this friday night am starting with a womens group at church , plus still quilting . So I feel like I dont have much time to myself but I think that helps not getting bored and snacking on the wrong things.
I hope all is well with everyone.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #73  

CINDY: That is awesome news! Sometimes, those who seem the farthest away, are the closest. Please don't stay gone so long! We miss you!
Closed Thread