Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 3/27 - 4/2

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79979

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 03-27-2006, 07:44 AM   #2  

Smile Challenges!

Get at least three days of exercise in...figure out how much you are burning and strive for 1500 calories burned this week.

Try a new recipe this week...no reason to get bored with all the good foods allowed!

The next dieting challenge coming up is Easter. What is your plan to stay on plan? Post it!

Old 03-27-2006, 07:47 AM   #3  

Good morning! Its MMM, and its a good one for me! I am down four pounds this week!!! Of course, I am sure it is all due to being sick, but I will take it! I am now down to where I was when I checked into the hospital for my surgery a year and a half ago. I was up 16 from my all time low due to a thyroid decline at that point, but I am feeling encourgaed.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Old 03-27-2006, 08:14 AM   #4  

Not good MMM for me. I'm up three pounds, but TOM will be visiting either today or tomorrow, so I'm not too upset! Plus I had some encounters with illegal foods this weekend but back OP today!

I have to spend my evening in and out of the dance school getting new costumes for this year's performances. I think it's going to be a hotdog/ soup/leftover night for us as I will be busy from around 5pm till 8pm.

Hope everyone has a great day and MMM moves in the right direction!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happ Monday Ladies

I hope everyone that was feeling poorly over the weekend is better today and the MM is moving in the right direction.

Don't know if anyone decided to join my for the challenge, but I did make it through the weekend all legal. I counted calories for every food I put in my mouth and weighed and measured everything I ate. I made oven fried chicken last night I was weight my bones to deduct

It paid off, I am down 11 since last MM and held Friday's weight through today. That is a plus. So this week I can work on getting new wt off instead of taking off the same old wt. We did get a 3 mile walk in yesterday.

It is finally warming up here so that is some motivation too.

In addition to the great article Gator posted about leptin, I read something that has really stuck with me. There are 2 kinds of hunger. Stomach hunger when you are really needing food and you have those growlings. Then there is MOUTH hunger. Where you just want to put something in your mouth. Maybe a smell or sight of food triggers you to want to eat. I have really been thinking about it when I am tempted to eat.

Monet, great going on the 4 lbs. Keep it going in the right direction now. Hope you are feeling better.

Thin, sorry MMM was not good for you. TOM has a way of doing that to us. Hoping you see a loss next week. This is a hard time for Rachel. Things must be confusing for her.

Bob, we have found some little Mexican place that just opened Fiesta Mexicana I think. The meat is spicy. Ernestos is so bland. Hope you are feeling better by now.

Gator, walking in your hiking boots should be extra wt and make you burn mor calories. Congrats to your Gators. They are playing great. It would be awesome to have 2 SEC teams in the final game. Thanks for the article. Sure glad you read and interpreted the book. It would habe been way over my head. The 5 tips seems right on and sensible, but then you hear to eat 6 small meals a day. Who knows which is right. I can usually go w/o eating between meals but I eat bf at 7 and don't eat lunch until 1:00 so I get hungry in between.

bf: protein smoothie with strawberries
Lunch: salad, lettuce, carrots, mushrooms, red cabbage, cheese, turkey, Gator's dressing. Apple
Dinner: hamburger patty (no bun) sweet potatoe french fries (yummy) and spinach.
Snack if needed: grapes

Got to run post all my foods for the weekend in my computer program.
Have a great OP day.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:13 AM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

MMM isn't so fabulous for me. Up a couple. BUT...it's getting warmer outside. It's in the 30's but the sun is shining to beat the band. I'm about to saddle up Junior and take him for a nice walk before I get Kyle from school.

Don't know if I told you, but Derek, in an attempt to hijack my iPod Shuffle, dediced to get me an iPod video. I actually like my shuffle better than the video. I haven't watched music videos since Rap started in the 80's. And this is a little bigger and more complicated to work and scroll through. BUT, Derek showed me a site where I can download audio books! So...I think I might get a few and walk junior while listening to a book. I DO love listening to music, too, but a book might be interesting, too.

So, I'm off to go do that now. I really do love my black bean soup recipe. I took Debelli's advice from the recipe Monet forwarded and added a dollop of sour cream on top. DEE-lish!

Okay...I'll check back in after my walk.

Kris
Old 03-27-2006, 12:07 PM   #7  

Well good morning. I should have known my half-commitment at joining Solly in keeping OP over the weekend wouldn't work. I was way too busy and not truly committed. So, let's jsut say I blew it with allot of things, but protions weren't bad..

I'm feeling really good. I did my water aerobics and have been tot hechiropractor this morning already. Now I want a nap!! Jake is down so I may put in a veggietales for Selah so I can rest for a few.

On top of the fat that the water classes are seemign harder, I went and took a belt with 2 blocks instead of 3 to hold me up. IT really made me work harder. I feel good but I'm starting t wonder how long I'm goign to go before I give up and sit on the couch all morning. Losing motivation to exercise.... I have 15 weeks left. I HAVE to keep going! Beeing 25 weeks and not one lb gained. I feel great!!! I don't want to lose my energy.

BF- Protein smothie with yogurt, banana, grapefruit juice and rice milk. It was pretty good.

S- grilled chicken sand from wendys, no bread extra lettuce.

Now I'm too full to thimk abotu lunch. I'm just going to go take a nap if I can

Replies later
Old 03-27-2006, 12:46 PM   #8  

The scale presently surprised me and I'm down 4 pounds this week. It's most likely because I was sick at the end of last week, but I'll take it. Every little bit helps, right? I'm at a total of 15 lost, and I have 85 to go. That just seems so discouraging. I know I should be proud of the 15 and I am, it's just that I don't see any difference in the way I look or in how my clothes fit.

I'd better quit whining and get back to work.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #9  

Nicolee- I am right there with ya! I have lost a few pounds too, but it just seems to take soooo long. I haven't gone down any sizes yet, but some of my clothes are fitting better now. Maybe I should have been up one size and now I am actually in the "right" size. I have been trying to get my attitude adjusted to the fact that time is going to continue on no matter which route I take. I have "X" amount of weeks till summer. I can chose to eat healthier and exercise and maybe lose a few pounds, or I can take just as many weeks and eat horribly and be right where I am now (or worse!) Summer is coming either way. It seems to take some of the pressure off for me and force me to really think hard about my choices. Hope this helps!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:06 PM   #10  

Somebody come knock some sense into the pregnant girl PLEASE! I tooka 1 hour nap, then I jsut woke up and shoved 2 brownies down my throat. I feel so gross from the sugar!!! What is wrong with me? That pan of brownies has sat there since friday and I didn't touch it. I'am weak, weak weak.....
Old 03-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #11  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Had a pretty good day at work today. One of the NEW GUYS that is working with us is an EXCELLENT COOK...today, he brought a crock pot full of Italian Meatball Soup! MONET...YOU WOULD LOVE THIS!!! I'll have to get the recipe for y'all to try! He sent some home for Kate to have for supper, so I didn't have to cook tonight!

I'm learning how to shop in HONG KONG...There are the most interesting shows on the TRAVEL NETWORK..I've never understood all the hype on TEA, but this guy has one tea that is $155 per lb...he's also go one that is $47,000 per pound or...$100 a cup...for that kind of money, that cup of tea better take me in the bathroom and wipe my arse!

JACKIE...I'm feeling so much better, thanks for asking. After I FINALLY threw up, it was almost immediate...I still just laid around all day except for my laundry...I don't know why it took me so long to get it up and outta there, but I'm glad it's gone!

MONET...HOW ARE YOU FEELING??? BETTER????

GATOR...Who do y'all play next??? I think it would be a hoot if it came down to y'all and LSU for the whole banana!!!

TALITHA....

THIN!!!

KRIS!!!

AMANDA!!!

Hope everyone has a great evening!

BOB
Old 03-27-2006, 06:40 PM   #12  
Sonya

Hi all,

I am down another lb so I'm very happy about that. Had a great weekend bought a new lawn mower and mowed my whole yard in under 40 minutes without stopping. Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!

starting weight-275
weight right now-244
goal weight-180
31 lbs gone and 64 to go!!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #13  

Evening everyone. I have quiches in the oven for dinner and broccoli simmering on the stove. Doesn't matter if I am sick...I am still supposed to cook for everyone.

After crawling back to bed this morning, I took another nap after lunch, and another nap late this afternoon. I am feeling better, but still not up to snuff. Hot tang has been wonderful for my throat. My mom used to serve us that as kids when we were sick. I still love it when my throat is sore. The tartness helps the congestion, the heat helps, and its full of vitamin C.

Tom came home from work two hours early today. His boss told him to work from home tomorrow if he liked, so he brought his laptop home. He said he was wiped out being there. This way he can rest up some if he gets tired. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a wireless card in it, or he could sit in bed and work.

BOB: By all means, get the recipe! I love any good crockpot recipes. How nice that he sent some home for Kate and now you don't have to cook. Very thoughtful.

THUNDER: Congrats on the pound lost!

NICOLEE: Just remember the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady wins the race. You will be there at goal before you know it! Just work on getting into good healthy habits now.

TALITHA: Just keep telling yourself how yucky you felt eating those sugary brownies. In fact, next time, don't even make them! No one needs them at your house....and if you can't stay out of them, they really should not be around.

THIN: I hope the scale behaves for you next week. I always gained five pounds around my period...it was disheartening at times.

TECH: Why didn't Derek just buy himself his own Ipod? I just don't understand men sometimes!

Gotta go check on dinner!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:44 AM   #14  

Hello Everyone!!

We are back......and had a fabulous time. I sure wish we could have stayed longer......and I stuck to my plan the whole time except for birthday cake and 1 small scoop of ice cream on Vicky's birthday. I had already planned for that so I am tickled pink!! We left on Tuesday morning, I walked for one hour on Wednesday.....traveled on Thursday, walked for 1 hour Friday, Saturday I did 25 minutes on Vicky's Gazelle, and also did 3 circuits at Curves. Took Sunday off, (my calf muscles were sooooo sore, had to have been the Gazelle......I have never had muscles hurt so bad). And then just sitting in the truck for all those traveling hours didn't help........ they would just tighten up so I couldn't get another workout in til Wednesday when I could walk again.....so got to Curves on Wednesday and Thursday. Friday was our trip home!! Soooo, my question is for anyone who has a Gazelle........did it have this effect on you also?? I have never had my muscle hurt like this.....I am used to walking alot, and up hill and down......but this just kicked my butt. After sitting for a bit in the truck, when I got up to walk it took me a good 10 minutes to be able to walk properly!!

We were a bit nervous about staying with someone that we had only met once, but we felt completely at home, and I truly wish that they lived closer to us. I really enjoyed the time that Vicky and I spent together. We went to Curves together, and had manicures, and went shopping. It was really a great time. We pulled a good one on our husbands.....we had been talking about getting new tatoo's, but my dh really didn't want me to get another one and neither did hers, so each time that we left the house to go somewhere, when we got back they would ask us if we got our tatoo's yet. We found a party place that sold the henna ones, and bought the gauze and tape. Went to her youngest son's place and used his bathroom to put on these fake ones, complete with bandages.......you should have seen the look on their faces when they thought that we had really done it.......priceless!!

I didn't weigh in today, as I am waiting until the 6th. I will be weighed and measured at Curves on that date. I am starting to go 5 days a week now that I am back. I need to get a good start on this to kick start myself. I really enjoy the workout, and love the ladies that I have met there.

Monet-- I now know why you like Whole Foods so well......I am jealous, and I WANT ONE!! That has got to be the most fabulous store I have ever been in. I was so enthrawled that I had to go back and get Ted to see it. And he was in just as much awe as I was. They apparently have 2 stores in Seattle, but none yet here. Oh, I want one.......

Well ladies, I am tired. Still trying to get caught up on everything......Dh had another Dr. appointment this morning. He definitely has alot of nerve damage. And unfortunately, some of it is not repairable. We won't find out what his Dr wants to do now, until the middle of May. He does have another appointment with another Dr to see what he thinks of the work that was done on his last back surgery......that is where some of the unrepairable nerve damage is at!!
So, I will say goodnight for now, and see you all tomorrow......sweet dreams!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 175/168/145

Height: 5"6'

Ok So I am new to This and I just wanted to say that I had a baby a year ago. I weighed in at 182 the day the baby was born. I never really thought about trying to lose the weight only sub conconsiouly. any ways so about October I realize that by nursing and just eating good I was still losing weight but it came to kind of a stand still for awhile. well I was at 165 in November and really thinking I needed to get down to at least what my weight was before the pregnancy. but why just go that far, Why not go a little farther and lose that excess weight that I have always been wanting to but never had the drive to do. I want to tell all those women out there who are wanting to lose the baby weight and just don't seem to be getting in off. Nurse your kids. I am telling you it is a little slower than dieting but you can eat more and if your kid is a real nurser like mine. you will really lose the weight. Well any ways I am down now to 152 and I want to get down to 135. another thing that has been helping me is quite funny but I love to watch Celebrity Fit Club. It makes me realize that famous people have the same weight problems that we do and besides that who doesnt want to see a Celebrity get yelled at by Harvy.
So any ways I am down below my prepregnancy weight YOUHOO!
I am struggling right now though. I can't seem to stop craving those Sweets. I have a bag of Milk Chocolate Carmel in front of me and they seem like they are calling my name. I have eaten several already tonight and am feeling a bit lousy. Last night I ate a whole box of Junior carmels and a baggy of Jerky. I don't know what has gotten in to me but I need some serious help. Any body else know what I am talking about. I am fine all day, I work, and come home and fix a healthy meal and put my son to bed and then I lay in bed for an hour can't sleep so I find my self raiding any sweets that I have in the house. usually my husband has polished every thing off and I don't get any thing, but not the last few days. I am really starting to lose my self control and I hate that. Sorry I am prattling on and making a miserable fool of my self but at least I can write a long post and know that somewhere out there some one is going to read this and maybe not feel so bad that they had a little cheat today. any ways good news I have been feeling good enough and skinny enough to go and start tanning. I think this is a great motivator as if you tan you want to show it off by wearing a bikini and if I don't work on this weight I will never be showing off my Tan. Well Have a great and wonderful evening. Please if you can relate to any of my prattling please feel free to email me chat with me any thing. I need a friend on here.

Last edited by Dsquared; 03-28-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Closed Thread