3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/23-7/29 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/7710-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-7-23-7-29-a.html)

VAbutterfly 07-29-2001 11:08 AM

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the good wishes. My sister just left and that was the last of the clan to go. This is "blue" time for me. I'm feeling really grateful for the chance to see them. The weather was coolish but still could swim in the pool. The rain held off til this a.m. and I am really grateful. My neice has gone from dressy to grunge. She is still beautiful. It was a real change. Wish I could've seen my face when I saw her. It was a shock. Spent the time relaxed and calm which is a real change from the "Martha syndrome". I'm pleased that happened. Caught up with my father and brothers. Went out to a wonderful seafood place and had cup of she crab soup. I have a feeling that wasn't legal because it tasted too good. And then broiled Mahi (just caught two hours before). It was blackened and awesome! Had a glass of Merlot that wasn't really great. Then dad brought Beef brisket that had a Mesquite flavor and that was awesome. Had broccoli and fruit salad too. I made the pecan cheesecake pancakes for breakfast this a.m. with the regular flap jacks and all enjoyed. Peter took some pics on the digital camera and I will share them later. Though I looked hideous. I never was very photogenic. Although it may've been the angle. My deck has a rise to it and Peter was down by the pool. The only down side to the day was Peter saying he was going to "make me" eat sb illegal food. :mad:

The fruit salad was awesome with fresh cantalope, blueberries, strawberries, nectarines and 1 tsp of agave nectar.

Now....about my weight. Maybe I'm not as patient as I think. I'm feeling a bit frustrated at the "stick" to the scale. Can anyone tell me this is normal to get so stuck after the big initial drop? I know I should be grateful there is no increase but it's still tough when I know I haven't been cheating and putting up with all the non-support around me at times. Thanks to all of you who have been here for me.

Sol--Your dh must be something if he could turn your gm around! My mom gave mine the evil eye and it was 5 year before she started liking him.
Deb-Loved the "piggy" back ride. So you finally got Bob to the dungeons and found the cookies. Somehow I don't think it'll be all that dungeony. Tell Eli he can hide those cookies at my house next time. Rhoo-Thelma & Louise sounded fun. I was there in spirit. Of course minus the nachos. Oh....ok....and the margaritas! Nancy-how can life be so cruel? Aaaaarrrrrrgh! Hope Dan is home now. The lake with the flamingos was awesome. As well as the rest of the story. I love the way you continue the story. Hang in there and I hope next week is especially great. Catlover-Golf sure is habit forming. When you hit the ball just right....there is almost nothing better. The story of your love was great. I especially appreciate guys in tight jeans. You must've made some impression on him too. Frog-glad you are better. Hope the meds get worked out soon. BOB-How awful to still be in pain. Maybe you're doing your pre-detox detox. Hang in there. Maybe you'll get a weight loss bonus out of all this suffering. AR-dh sounds like a wise guy. Hope you had fun furniture shopping and found the perfect pieces. Thanks for sharing your cowboy story. Certainly sounds like you were meant to meet. Melf-loved the angel. Congratulations on 147! I am happy for you. What a dh to have dinner waiting. The boat story had me grinning! Grinch-what an awesome find! I'll have to check my Mennonite store locally too. Hang in there with the computer. Gator-I bet you handled that "ticklish" spot just fine. Tell us more.....

Well gonna go run off some of this "blues". I don't even care about the knee.

Love fly
sb since 6/29/01
185/173:( /150

karen3000 07-29-2001 11:55 AM

Gator - I've never had fish boil - there's only one restaurant in our city that I know does it. This is more of a northeast Wisconsin tradition. However, my husband said it is fish boiled with red potatoes and corn (would be a SB no-no) and the fish would be very similar to a "poor man's lobster", if you have that where you are from. Sure is interesting how certain foods or dishes are so regional.

Got to go and see my mom who lives in the Alzheimer's facility. She seems to be in a downward turn as far as losing more of her short term memory and is becoming even more quiet. These visits are not easy, but I feel SO guilty when I don't go. She has always been my best friend....

Have a great day everyone---

Karen

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 07-29-2001 12:51 PM

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!! :D

Hope everyone is having a great weekend....ME?? I'm still in a drugged stupper..

The engagement party was very nice. We met a lot of the family that we had not met before.

This will be a short one, since I can relate with FROG about not being able to hit the right keys... :?:

DEB Didn't I tell you???? SKEETER IS COMING WITH ME!! :lol:

Sorry I can't get to everyone...I promise after this mouth thing is over, we'll all sit down and have a talk!! ;)

The GODFATHER is on again today, so at least if I go to sleep I won't miss any of it.....I KNOW IT BY HEART!! :smug:

BOB

Debelli 07-29-2001 01:56 PM

Hey Y'all!:wave:

Just taking a break from cleaning-nothing BOB would notice, or Eli for that fact, been in the family room (aka the old garage) working in the closet tiddying up a bit. My friend Mayra is due over soon, she asked me to keep a look out for a walker at garages sales and I found her one for $4 yesterday, so she's on her way over to pick it up.

FROG, what the heck did they give you to knock you out the whole day? Sounds potent! Congrats on seeing the scale move downwards-that's always exciting news to see posted! Thanks for the input about the jogging and the heat! Hope you feel good enough to get some miles in, just be careful you don't over due it!

FLY, looked on the web for SHE CRAB SOUP, I think it was probably okay, just the flour or thickener they used may be what may not be legal in it. You've had a large loss in a very short period of time, be patient, it WILL pay off with a loss-there's so many factors that play into how we lose, but from expereince, just be patient and make sure you are eating enough!!!! Yes, BOB will be arriving at the DETOX DUNGEON on Thursday evening:)

KAREN, hope you have a good visit with your Mom. My heart goes out to you-I can't imagine what that may be like-I know it would be very hard on me as my Mom and I are close as well.

BOB, Skeeter told me he wants a vacation of his own, he was thinking a weekend in Cancun, or the Bahamas-he barked that Miami isn't on his top 10 list!!!! LOL!!

Time to get back to my cleaning!! Oh, here's a picture of Michael and Lauren:)

Debbie
194/127.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

AmyG 07-29-2001 02:34 PM

Sunday afternoon

Hi all.. thanks for the advice.

First of all.. . thanks Melf! for your browser advice, I was just cursing my computer for the blanks screen reason just before reading your answer!
I arrived at SB from 6 unsuccessful weeks on Atkins, which followd 6 unsuccessful weeks on low cal. I"m a little frustrated that I can't seem to make the scale move, but I feel really good eating this way so i'm just going to run with it..

Its a BEAUTIFUL afternoon here in new york, so I"m going to run out and play :)

Later all!

VAbutterfly 07-29-2001 04:17 PM

:D Hi all. Tried to post pics but had forgot about the 40K rule. Mine were 200! So, will shrink asap and retry. Still feeling a bit blue though better than before. Had a fun run. Real easy and loose. Frog knows what that is like. Those are really fun. Even stomped a few puddles. I just saw on TV a 70 year old woman finish the Ironman Triathalon. We have no excuses! Well, those of us without health concerns anyway. Love the pictures of the children Debbie. Don't tell Lauren but she looks a lot like you. Well, bye for now.

'Fly
sb since 6/29/01
185/173:( /150

VAbutterfly 07-29-2001 06:44 PM

Ok, here it goes

I'm hoping you'll see a picture of Peter and I.

VAbutterfly 07-29-2001 06:47 PM

It worked!!!

Yeah! Happy dance. Now here's a picture of my two brothers, sister and Father.

VAbutterfly 07-29-2001 06:48 PM

don't look like I run.....do I?

Debelli 07-29-2001 09:39 PM

Quick post before I hit the hay!

FLY, thanks for posting the pictures, it's sooo nice to put a face with a name now-you're so cute, and you DEFINITELY don't look your age!!!! Make sure you post your pic on our new PHOTO ALBUM BOARD I just put up!:) You may also want to post the picture tomorrow, for those who may not get to see it-I think everyone should see your smiling face:D

I'll be on bright and early to start the NEW WEEKLY BOARD tomorrow.

NITE!

Debbie
194/127.5/129
Sb since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Debelli 07-30-2001 06:16 AM

Time for the new weekly board to begin, the link is below, just click on it:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...8639#post88639

SEE YOU ALL ON THE NEW BOARD!!!!