3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/23-7/29 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/7710-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-7-23-7-29-a.html)

Debelli 07-25-2001 09:53 PM

Evening:wave:

Getting ready to hit the hay and wanted to get in my last post of the evening!

FLY, it's okay, blame it on the summer heat that you didn't find page 2!:lol: Glad you aren't going nuts about losing, but instead are understanding your body and knowing that it goes through different fluctuations at different times. In the past, I didn't realize or acknowledge this and I would get soo discouraged and give up-when I started doing SB and reading the WWW more, I learned that this is to be expected, and I can see from my Weight Commander program that during those 2 times a month, I'm gonna see a gain. Sounds like you are going to have a fun and busy weekend, enjoy the time with your family.

RHOO, finally, you got a scale! Congrats! And congrats on being down near your low again-what an incentive! Size 6, you're smaller than me! And hubby seems to be doing well, maybe this can be a new business for you! LOL!!

CAT, CONGRATS on your loss. Seems so far it's you and SEF that were the lucky ones this week!

NANCE, glad I finally found you in-hope Nadia got her cabin fever out of her system. Will let you know if and when I finalize plans.

Hmmm, I see we are all slowly talking about how we met. Well, here's my story with Eli...I use to own a craft store in the same center where Eli worked at the pizzeria. I would order a pizza just about every day from him (along with going to the little store in the other area of the strip mall and buying 2 candy bars and a couple cokes each and every day!). There was no attraction AT ALL, I was still with #1 and he was dating some hussy (okay, I don't know her, but I don't like her either). Anyhow, I sold my business in Spring on 1992, a few months before Hurricane Andrew. Ordered pizza once in a while, but never got to see him, it really wasn't an issue at that point. THEN, when I started on the Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal and started to walk, I started to walk by the pizzeria and one day in June of 1993, I just stopped in to say hello. He couldn't believe how I had changed and how I had lost weight. We started to talk, and then we went out as friends. He had changed his looks a bit too, so we both were somewhat different by then. He left for a trip for 3 weeks to Lebanon in July with his kids and all I could think about the whole time was him. We had our first "date" in August, bought the pizzeria in November (he taught me all he knew-LOL!)and we've been together since then-8 years next month! We come from 2 different sides of the world, different religions and different backgrounds-but our respect for each other is undeniably solid. We really love to do the same things, despite our differences. We enjoy each other's company more than anyone elses and most of all, we're each other's best friend, something I never was with my husband. So, there's my little story:)

Will be MIA for most of the day tomorrow since Eli is off again, but will try to post in the morning after my walk while I cool down.

Nite everyone!

Debbie
194/129/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

SparkleScamp 07-25-2001 10:55 PM

Taking a minute to catch up or hit the highlights.

Deb
I HATE cooking fish too! It just frightens me. But I know that it’s good for me and am cutting down on beef, my former staple, and so I’m experimenting. That fresh ahi (tuna) salad I made yesterday was just awesome, even better the next day! Carob YUCK! ;) From the ingredients, I don’t think cocoa is so bad so long as I don’t start bingeing on it, then it’s history. Other than the caffeine and I have enough of that throughout the day that it doesn’t matter.

Good job on the movie without the popcorn. It’s amazing how much food we used to eat just because it’s expected or customary. That’s what I am mastering right now – eating the food I really love and not eating ANYTHING just because it’s there, or to please somebody else. It’s a long, hard road but I’m getting there.

Ann
Never heard of stevia having any ill effects. Seems to be the only “safe” sweetener that has less calories than sugar. I don’t like it, however. I bought a quite expensive canister of protein powder from the health food store and was excited to see that it contained “stevia extract” but it tasted JUST like laundry detergent! (Don’t ask how I know)

SolShine
YEAH YOU’RE BACK! I’m so happy!!!!!!!!

I’m glad the reunion was a blast, that getting groovy to 80s music sounds like a lot of fun! Actually we have “retro night” every Saturday at a club down the street (Rumors in the Ala Moana hotel) for when I really get the urge for cheesy 80s music. Can’t wait till Becca comes home cause she loves that stuff too.

Glad your cough is on the mend. Congrats on the weight going down and good luck with work, sounds like you are a busy bee as usual!

Kymn
Thanks for the answer to my email. It must have taken you a while to grow your hair in. I have very short hair, right now VERY short and I love it! I literally don’t have time in my schedule to fuss with my hair.

‘Fly
I’ll definitely have pictures when I get back. Yeah things definitely changed with my new way of eating. As I said, there are a lot of rewards, but a lot of sacrifices too, and not just food.

Oops gotta go!

Chris

164/150/139

Rosalie 07-25-2001 11:18 PM

Hi everyone

Well there was no loss for me this week but it looks like I am not alone. Congrats to all of you who did lose. I hope to join your ranks one of these days. I was just getting ready for a bike ride this morning when it started to rain so put the bike away and went downstairs and did 5.5 miles on the SB. It's amazing how much easier the SB is than the real bike.

Melf - Thanks for posting the pizza recipe. I hope to try it soon. Probably wait until next week when my ds returns from his holiday so I don't have to cook it for me alone. I've just been phoning around to some motels and found a vacancy for the weekend I wanted. Had to book up for two nights as they wouldn't book for one as it is a long weekend but that is O.K. We were hoping to avoid coming back on the holiday Monday but we'll just have to put up with the traffic or try to leave really early in am to avoid the congested roads. Hope you enjoyed your Mom's visit to-day.

Solshine - Glad to hear you had such a good time at the re-union. And WOOHOO on staying under 200 pounds. That must make you feel very happy after struggling so long to get there.

Fly - I loved reading your romantic story. WOO HOO for you sitting through a movie without eating popcorn.

Amseraphim - Thanks for posting those beautiful pictures. You look very pretty. Looking forward to seeing your latest pics. Hope you enjoyed having your two nieces with you.

Sef - Congrats on the five pound loss. Thank heavens you got rid of the dookie before WIW - although for me it never seems to make any difference. I've tried weighing before and after and it is always the same!

Ralynn - Sounds like you have enjoyed having the exchange student with you. Maybe some of her good eating habits will rub off on to your little sister.

BelindaW - Hope your Mom's move goes well. It's nice that she will be close to you.

Nance - Loved reading your story. Eagerly awaiting the next episode.

AR - Sorry to hear you have been in a depression. Don't worry about rambling, we are all here for you. I'm glad you both survived your son's first sleepover.

BOB - Ouch - that's quite a bit of surgery you had. Hope you are feeling better by the time you read this. Why does everyone think that Toronto is WAY UP NORTH. I think we are no further north than Boston or Syracuse and yes we do get lots of hot and HUMID weather although this summer had been cooler than usual until this past week.

Sparkle - Hope you enjoy your trip to NC.

Deb - Hope you get to Ole Ole tomorrow. Sounds like one of your favourite places. What are Balboostas?

Rhroo - Glad to hear things are going well for you and that you have a new scale. WOO HOO. You must be very pleased with hubby's progress.

All for now.

Marie :wave:

lamap 07-25-2001 11:40 PM

Hello
Well, WIW was good to me, and don't ask me why. Although I have been trying to stay on program and continue walking, when you go away for a few days, things get turned up side down. Anyway, I am down 4 pounds from last week and back to only two from my goal of my new wristwatch. I better hit that goal some, so I am gonna have to dust the watch off before I wear it.

I am finally trying some of the recipes. Question for Deb.. when I made the oatmeal cookies, they were very bland and moist, seemed like they may have needed some kind of sweetener. Any idea what I did wrong?

THis is gonna be short, getting last and I have to be at work at six in the morning. Have a great day everyone.
Laurie

Frog Lover 07-26-2001 06:34 AM

Here I am!!

I was busy yesterday and didn't have a chance to post. I got up at 5:30 to go for a run and it was pouting down rain. I may try to run here again in a few minutes or will have to do Yoga instead. Really, really need to run!!

WIW Report - I stayed the same, stuck now at 148.

Don't have time to respond, gotta get my day started!

Check back later!

Peace,
FROG

Debelli 07-26-2001 06:35 AM

Good Early Morning Everyone!:wave:

Have a few minutes to post a quick one before I hit the road with Michael and then my feet.

Got our reservations to Vegas last night!!!! We will spend a few days in Vegas and then head over to meet NANCE, DAN THE MAN and the kids-AND an extra bonus, I get to meet LDBLOND as well!!! Can't wait! We'll leave August 19th (on an ungawdly 5:30am flight) and return on another early flight on August 26th. Already requested a fruit plate on the meal up-watch them give me a banana:eek:

SPARKLE, carob is actually pretty darned good-tastes just like chocolate to me. I put a teaspoon in my "milkshakes" I like the fact it has fiber as well. I bet there in HI you have a great selection of fish, not only do I not like cooking it, it's pretty expensive down here as well-and you wonder why, since we are surrounded by water, like you;)

ROSALIE, good for you! Instead of the rain putting a damper on your bike riding and you not going, you found an indoor alternative! Yes, Ole Ole is def. one of my fav. places to eat-nothing exciting, I get the same thing every time, a Cobb Salad (I know, at a Mexican place?). One day, I'll shock everyone-I'll take my WW tortillas and get fajitas!
Ballastoos (spelled it wrong before) are a little "snack" I found at the HFS, thought they were a snack chip, but in actuality they are a ceral. They are made with Spelt and only sweetened with apple juice. I think the sugar grams were only 1 gram for an ounce serving-they're really good. Here's the link to see them:

http://www.seitenbacher.com/CEREALS/Ballastoos.htm

LAMAP, CONGRATS on a great loss! You'll be wearing that watch before you know it! I'm not sure which oatmeal cookie recipe is on the board, will have to look when I get the chance, but the one I made last week is NOT posted on there YET. Going to try to get that on tonight along with some notes since I haven't made them since the first time and wanted to play around with it. Let me know which recipe you used (which board it was on).

Okay, gotta get dressed, will still try to check in when I cool down from my walk. Will post some recipes later tonight:)

Have a wonderful day!!

Debbie
194/129/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

SparkleScamp 07-26-2001 06:47 AM

Q: what happens when you paid $1200 for a plane ticket to visit your ex boyfriend???

A: You are up after midnight on a "school" night dyeing your hair blonde AND scrubbing the shower at the same time.

Okay, so maybe that's just me. The room is clean the laundry is done ALL hair has received some sort of tinkering AND I AM PACKED!!!!!! Leaving at 6 pm. it's 1 am. ZZZZZZZ

Nightie,

Chris

ralynne99 07-26-2001 08:13 AM

GOOD MORNING ALL :wave:

How is everyone? Haven't been able to read the posts lately. I'm finally busy at work and home life is always busy and can't ever seem to get people out of my house. It's driving me crazy and I'm ready for fall for my peace and quiet.

Well my mom took Marie to Sam's Club and bought food for the party. Marie was suprised to see how cheap Calvin Klein jeans were. She said in France $80 and shirts aren't cheap either. Took her to Bath & Body Works and bought lots of stuff. I love that store, you can't go in there without buying some lotion and body spray. It'll be real nice saturday for the party, just need to do all my yardwork and clean my house.

My hubby goes back to work monday and he found out they are putting him on 2nd shift and that they were bought out. They laid off 30 people too. He's not very happy and has an interview on friday somewhere else. That's just a long story there, but I hope he gets out because of all the bullsh*t that he puts up with by his manager. He gets too stressed out there and comes home grumpy everyday. Too stressful for me.

My son lost his 1st tooth finally. He's 8 years old and finally lost a tooth. He was sooooo excited about it. Tooth Fairy will be visiting him now.

WIW I have no idea. i haven't been on the scale in a couple of weeks and have been in a mood, so I thought best to stay away from the scale. I notice lots of us are having problems with weight right now and is it the stars or what? I do much better in the winter anyway. I always lose weight then, rather than the summer and I think it's because I'm so damn busy in teh summer and all the damn cookouts.

Well gotta go. Everyone take care

VAbutterfly 07-26-2001 09:18 AM

Happy Thursday a.m. Sat down to try to catch up and just like the phone the boys won't leave me alone. I guess I'll have to move the PC into the bathroom to get some privacy! :lol: :lol:

Anyway, have a good day. Deb-do some walking for me! I'll just take 1 mile ok? You can have the rest. Thanks for that romantic "how we met" story. As some of the ladies can see. It's not necessarily dead after the initial first meet. Although, for some, one meeting is enough. Anybody watch "Blind Date"?

Anyway, gotta go referee the boys again.

Love, 'Fly
Chris-will be praying for a safe journey for you today. Hope that jet lag isn't too bad.
sb since 6/29/01
185/173/150

Grinchy 07-26-2001 11:04 AM

I'm a little confused!

I've been wandering around here trying to get a handle on how all this works. I see I've already made my first "faux pas" by starting a "New Thread" when I should have hit "New Reply." OOPS!!! Sorry. Anyway, I made it through my first day without screwing up! I guess it's just one day at a time. I don't have a scale, so I need to use the one at the home of my dear friend, Belinda Wannabe. I was there last night, but forgot. I have a pretty good idea what my weight is, but I need to make sure before I go posting it for the world to see!

I am looking forward to getting to know many of you and hope this will FINALLY work for me. I need all the encouragement I can get. This is so much better than going to Weight Watchers!!! I always wanted to slap somebody after going there (not that I did a lot of going there anyway).

I need some advice on the best way to exercise. I'm in terrible shape and do very little. I feel like for now it might be best to just get started trying to walk before I dive into too much at the beginning and get stressed out and overwhelmed over some tedious program. I'd appreciate advice in this area. Thanks so much!

Grinchy

BelindaWannabe 07-26-2001 11:19 AM

I'm such a goofball...just wrote a durn BOOK and then somehow hit some key wrong and lost it....I don't have time to do it again...am packing and leaving the afternoon for my mom's and moving her here on Monday....Bye!

Grinchy 07-26-2001 11:24 AM

Still Bumbling!

O.K. I guess I should try to introduce myself a little better. I am 37 years old. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful (and brilliant) 6 year old son (aren't they all). My son is a fraternal twin, but his twin brother died of a heart defect when they were 1 day old. When one life ends, another often begins, and it was my life that really began after the loss of my child. I have been much more "in touch" I think since then.

I worked at the I.R.S. (boo! hiss!) for about 7 years. . . stayed home 3 years with my son. . . spent a couple of years in odd jobs. . .now I teach 1st grade. I just finished my 1st year of teaching and I really did enjoy it. It's a challenge, but a great blessing also. Kids can be such a hoot! Never a dull moment!

My good buddy (Belinda Wannabe) has been the catalyst for my husband and me to get into the SB thing. We are both becoming slugs. I don't want to wake up 40 and realize I'm bigger than ever. I'm counting on you guys to see me through this. Love and thanks!

Grinchy

Adams_rib 07-26-2001 11:46 AM

Morning

well girls I am still consistantly working out I dont know how that happened cause of me being so down but looks like it has finallly become a habit for me :) yeah.

Grinchy...welcome welcome welcome thanks for the intro about yourself I am glad belinda convinced you to come aboard you will get great support advice and recipies here:) no ?'s is a silly one which I have learned quickly:lol: so ask away

Sparkle...I didnt grow my hair out girl I just had extentions put in my short hair:cool: yeah thats me toooooo cool :D

Sol...so glad you are back and had so much fun I am so proud of you staying under 200 on my holidays oh man......wasnt good my mouth was permantly open:lol:

well gotta cut this short watching 2 other little boys today and cant leave them alone tooo long who knows what they are up to maybe shaving the dog:lol:
have a great day all
Kymn

SolShine 07-26-2001 01:46 PM

I am going to post an “off the top of my head” version of the French Onion Soup as I’ve made it so many times – but will double-check when I get home to make sure I didn’t leave anything out.

Telling love stories, are we? Vince-meister moved back to Orlando and started attending the Bible study group I was in. I thought he was new to the organization so I went out of my way to make him feel welcome (turned out he had been in longer than I had, just in a different city). Then our friends started trying to hook us up together and pairing us up when we did things in groups. He thought I had too much growing up to do (Ha!!) and I thought he was too stuffy and stiff (double Ha!!) His posture is so good, y’all, I thought he had had that surgery where they put a metal rod around your spine and you can’t move or bend. :lol: Well, after they quit trying to put us together we started hanging out more as friends and I tried to set him up with several of my girlfriends….. One night I know my girlfriend felt like the fifth wheel because of all the cutting up Vince and I were doing. Another night my roomie was having a “make-up” party where everyone gets a facial and a makeover. Well, I’m not into that at all so I called Vince and begged him to save me and meet me for dinner. Told my friend he was upset about his job and I was going to dinner with him to comfort him. Thought he was going to kiss me that night, but he never did….Then, one day soon after that he called my phone mail at work and left the most erotic message I’ve ever heard – I decided maybe he wasn’t all that “stuffy” after all and did know how to have fun. I think he still has me in the immature category sometimes. :D

FLY – Do you have a mall there? We have a mall walking program and you can get in before the shops actually open to walk – I’ve used it before when the weather was really bad. They don’t charge anything here when you do that.

CATLOVER – Good to hear from you! Glad things are going well. That heat and humidity stinks, don’t it?

BOB – Sending lots of good thoughts your way!!

NANCEMEISTER – Anxiously awaiting the next installment of your story!!

MELF – Hoping for a speedy recovery and good non-dizzying pain pills for you!!

RHONDA – So glad Hubby is doing so well! Sounds like he’s gotten a good dose of self-esteem and can now rejoice with you. Let us know if he gets as neurotic about the scales as we do. :lol:

MARIE – I weigh before and after sometimes too and it doesn’t make a difference for me either. :lol: It’s great that you have the SB to fall back on when the weather doesn’t cooperate.

SPARKLE – Enjoy your trip!! Can’t wait to see those pictures!! You and FROG are going to be meeting too, aren’t you? Sounds like Martin misses your undivided attention. Maybe y’all can build some other “traditional” times together to replace the pizza eating one. Just a thought… ‘Twill be interesting to see what develops when you two aren’t living together and have to make an effort to see each other, won’t it?

BELINDAW – Hope everything goes smoothly with your mom’s move. I type my post into Word and then copy and paste it into the reply box when I’m through – otherwise I forget someone or the computer farts and I lose everything – a couple of times of that and I want to pull my hair out.

GRINCHY – WELCOME!! You’ll get the hang of it. I started walking and I just went for 15-20 minutes at a time – once I got that down I concentrated on upping my speed for the same amt. of time and then started adding 5 or 10 minutes every so often. Now I can walk for about 2 miles in 40-45 minutes. I had gotten faster at it, but I’ve been sick and haven’t done anything for a couple of weeks. I also joined a gym in March where you get personal training sessions with the intro fee. It was great to have the motivation and someone helping me set a personal do-able weight training program according to my goals, ability, health and weight. Get a good walk-man for those walks and pick out some groovy uplifting music or good books on tape that you can’t listen to unless you’re walking. Those are a couple of things I’ve done that worked also. There’s lots of variety in the work-outs here. I’m sure something will jive with your style and personality – keep trying things to find what you like and what works for you.

KYMN – Your story of shaving the dogs reminds me of a story about Vince’s little sister. She cut the whiskers off their kitten one time and denied it. Later at lunch his grandmother turned around and asked her if it hurt the kitty when she cut her whiskers and his sister shook her head that it didn’t and almost immediately realized that she’d blown her cover. Kids are funny, aren’t they?

I know I didn’t get to everyone, but time is passing too quickly. If I can get back on tonight I will. Have a great day everyone!! :wave:

VAbutterfly 07-26-2001 02:21 PM

I'm baaack! A little bummed cuz I planned a mini vacation at the beach and it's looking like we're going to get some real powerful storms here. Bummer! Guess I'll go workout and then clean the toilets. I'm going to rollerblade and test the knee out. I hope these pretty intense winds don't blow me away. (Like there's a chance at 173 ha,ha) If you guys are interested I will post some of the pics from that 1st romantic weekend and you can see how silly I looked. Sorry, went to do the oatmeal bars for receipe day and I don't have yogurt. That's 2 bad things today. For all you superstitious people out there I had my third bad experience on the bus. Got stuck on a narrow lane with ditches on both sides between 4 Mack trucks! But, wonderful driver I am, I got out of that great! I find myself thinking about weight stall and then I push the thought away. Hopefully, next week I'll see another loss and it won't be so bad.

I watched a show last night about the Roman Empire on PBS. Not exactly chick flick but I learned a lot. Evidently I was sleeping in class when that was covered before. If Nero were alive today he'd be marked "At risk". Seems he used to catch flies and stick pins in them. Ugh. Future serial killer in the making. He only did the killing on a grand scale since it was his big idea to feed the Christians to the lions. Gotta keep the brain going cuz this a.m. I read a Prevention article that pointed out high sugar intake kills brain cells. At least our WOE keeps our brains intact.

Bob-hope your pain is less intense! Hang in there. I thought of a more modern theme song for the wagon but I have to find out the name before I post it here.

Rhonda-Congrats on 138!!!! Maybe you'll be scaling new lows now!!! And congrats to dh too! It's a real shame they have to lose that fast and we don't. Some guys even develop attitudes like "this isn't so hard". "I don't understand why you can't". Hopefully, he isn't one of them. I love the beach too. My heart always feels lighter when I begin smelling the salt air of home. As long as I'm not passing the Perdue plant on the Eastern Shore. :lol:

Deb-aren't you glad you weren't doing SB when you met Eli? That would've been a story that wasn't was knowing your resolve. Respect is such a vital element of a happy marriage I think. Can't wait to meet him in person. We already know a lot about him.

Marie-I know about the sb vs real bike. That SB comes in handy on very windy days! Real bike is so much better for the view, the smells, and working those stabilizing muscles! Glad you could find a motel, maybe that second day will be a blessing in disguise!

Laurie-nothing worse that getting your mouth all ready and not have the cookies be good. I hope you have better luck next time.

Frog-hope the run was awesome and you're feeling better.

Rlynn-Sounds like extra stress around the house. It's stressful to make changes even when the bonuses are there. Hope he finds a job he's happy with for his and your sake. My philosophy has become If you hate work---get out!!!! I worked for a utility company for 18 years. I was unhappy the last 5 and finally quit. It was a veeerrryy difficult decision to make with lots of factors I won't go into now. I'm so glad I did. I'm happier, less stressed, and my family has benefitted. As it is, with the changes in the market, my office was closed down 2 years later. Congrats on the tooth fairy visit too.

Grinch-Just keep typing til you get the hang of it! Don't worry-you can't take my spot "Queen of Mistakes" is firmly mine! :D I have to know why you wanted to slap at Weight Watchers. Was it my reason? The super smug looks and the superior attitude of the losers there? Look, I was happy for them. But I wanted to slap them too. Thank goodness I don't act on all my impulses. I definitly know about the "Oh my gosh I'm going to be 40 syndrome". Went through that myself. I'm happier now than in my late 20's early 30's. As to your exercise. Baby steps. Walk would be my recommendation. Then let your body tell you when it wants more. You'll be surprised. Also, try variety. It really keeps it from becoming a rut. That includes taking the kids to the park and running around. If you haven't done that--it's pretty intense!!

AR-way to go on the workout! It is habit forming isn't it! That's a good habit to have. P.S. Is the dog bald?

BW-thinking of you. Hope there's not glitches.

Well, only have 20 oz of h20 so far. Gotta get more in. glug, glug, glug.

Off to the rollerblades.

Fly
sb since 6/29/01
185/173/150