3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/23-7/29 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/7710-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-7-23-7-29-a.html)

karen3000 07-27-2001 11:59 PM

Gator - really sorry :( that we won't get to meet. We will be leaving Friday to return to Madison and my DS starts school on Monday. I'm sure you will have a great time and find lots to do. Make sure you have a brat while you are there (you might have to bring your own WW brat bun, though)!

Karen

Nancemeister 07-28-2001 01:25 AM

Good Evening!

Long time no post! Just trying to get caught up on reading all the posts. I have had an ICKY week at work. Stress with a capital "S". Our computers at work are down AGAIN after being repaired!!!!!

Dan the Man was SUPPOSED to be home tonight, but left a message that they won't be flying back til tomorrow, which means I won't see him til the evening! :( I'm lovesick and keep listening to Natalie Cole sing "There's a lull in my life" over and over......well to finish where I left off on the romance story for those of you who are interested......I believe I left off when we were picnicing up on the mountain. We had a perfect afternoon!
Then we came back down to the desert and went to the Marriott and had Margaritas. We walked around to the lakes where they have real flammingos and sat on a bench talking til sunset. We did a little shopping at the store, and I was going to get my way to this mans heart through his stomach and make lasagne.
We both wanted to get cleaned up, pour a glass of wine and I took a shower, then Dan the Man, who walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist. That's trouble with a capital "T". The next day (continuing with my theory of winning him through the stomach) I made him my famous german pancakes with sauteed cinnamon apples and sausages. He met my children, closest friends, and of course Mom and Dad. That night we went out to dinner at a place called Tommy Bahamas. We sat outside, where there is tons of Queen palm trees, white twinkle lights and lots of stars in the sky. There was a musician playing tropical jamican music and there was a single candle on our table. The whole evening he held my hands, and we didn't take our eyes off of each other. I KNEW people around us could tell we were in love!!
After dinner we took a walk in the park hand in hand. Day three was a blurr, and came to and end too fast. Before I knew it, we had to say goodbye to each other and both of us had a pit in our stomachs knowing we didn't want to be seperated. He was the LAST person to board the plane, and he later said he could see me out the window, although I couldn't see him. I had tears uncontrollably streaming down my face, wishing he would come bounding off the plane. He left feeling the same way, that we shouldn't be seperated from each other. After that weekend, we knew we were meant for each other. Dan would send me an e.mail each day with a love quote....let me give you an example...

Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age.-[i]John Dryden{/i} So, you can see when one receives romantic letters along with such beautiful words, one head is spinning! For the Perils of Pauline fans....wait til you hear of the ENAGEMENT!

Well, as far as the weight goes....I have been hardly eating anything, and then when I have it's been take out ie. chicken fingers and a diet coke. Horrible choices, but if you all knew what this week has been like for me, you would empathize. I am so happy it's the weekend. and will be so glad to see my husband.
Feels like eternity since he's been gone and I feel like a fish out of water.

I'm glad everyone is doing well. No major stuff going on except in BOB's mouth!

Grinch WElcome....is the name because you are a 1)Dr. Suess 2)Jim Carrey fan 3)PMS Woman or 4) All of the above???

Ldblond
Sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back...I'll talk to you this weekend!

Solshine
Glad to hear the romance of Sonya and Vince. Very special. Glad you had a great time at the reunion, but felt like an old lady when I hear it was the "10 year" reunion! Dan and I will be going to his "20th" next year! Love the music. Bought a "100% Funk" c.d. yesterday with "Brick House" "Get Down on It" "Boogie Oogie oogie" "Super Freak"....you get the picture. Just love it! LOL!

GatorGlad to see you posting again!!!! Loved the recent attachments!

[b]Debs[/s]
Fianally....PICTURES!!!!! Thank you! You and Ann look MAVALOUS DAHLINGS!

Sparkle Blonde, o.k, but $1,200 to see an "ex"boyfriend. I don't remember you getting clearance about this!?!!? What's the skinny? Are there sparks starting again?

To everyone else......I am thinking of you all too! I'm just soooo tired from my icky day at work, and am ready to go nite-nite. I will have plenty of time to post tomorrow with a monster mug o'coffee and get current with everyone! HUGS!!!

Debelli 07-28-2001 06:20 AM

Quick Good Morning:wave:

Woke up too early this morning, had a "nightmare" that my kids were late to school!:eek: Gawd forbid! Couldn't go back to bed, so decided to get on the computer for a few minutes before I head out to the garage sales. Not too many to hit today, hope there are at least a few good ones. Was THINKING about getting in an early morning walk and decided against it-I think my body deserves the day off.

RHROO, promise to get those pictures up for you this weekend! Oh gosh, body shapes, I PRAY you don't have a shape like mine-there's rolls of fat hanging from everywhere-trust me, I don't lie! Hope your other son has a good time at the camp. So far, Lauren's having a great time.

NANCE, sorry to hear about Dan not coming home on time-why the delay? I'm sorry this job is stressing you out so much, this is NOT what a job is suppose to make you feel like. I'm happy I can rescue you away from that for the week, though I'm sure you could use a week off before then. I can't wait to hear the next chapter of yours and Dan's love story-it's like a romance novel!!! I keep forgetting to ask you, how's Faris' arm???? I'll chat with you later, I hope :) Glad you go to see the pics-I'll be finishing my latest roll when BOB gets here, so will have more to post soon! You'll be my next victim that I "shoot"!

Okay, I did my duty for now, will go start to get ready and head on out. There's a garage sale that starts at 7am around the block, so will go hit that one first.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I'll check in with you all later today.

Debbie
194/12? (haven't weighed yet)/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

catlover 07-28-2001 09:33 AM

Morning everyone. Its been a busy week for me. My 2 nieces are cming down in August and I promised them I would have a dress made for each of them. So Ive been busy sewing, along with golf.

Gator - The game of golf can really fun. I have my days when I cant hit a thing, then there are days when Im "on". Have you played on your course yet or still just hitting the range? You really ought to try playing a round if you havent done so already, then you will see what your dh sees in playing the courses.
We manage to play on some expensive ones. My dh has a couple of sites where he can get coupons to play for less. You might want to check out a search engine for discount golf. I will email you some links if I find any good ones for your area.

Now on to my how we met. We were both taking a computer class at a local junior college back in the early 80's, and I thought he looked so cute in his tight blue jeans and long blond hair. I was talking to a friend of mine at work one day about him and she said that she was married to his brother. Unfortunately he was married also. Talking about being bummed out. Well I told my friend to tell him that if he ever got a divorce to look me up. Well years later another friend of mine called and told me that he wanted to call me. Good thing I had just broken up with another guy or I never would have agreed to meet him for drinks. Well 4 years after our 1st date we got married and we are still going strong. It will be 9 years in November.

Well thats it for now. Im off either to treadmill or lift weights.
Will try and check in later.

Frog Lover 07-28-2001 10:50 AM

Still Alive

Have been really busy this week. Had to go the the doc yesterday (gyno) and he gave me some medicine for a problem that I was having and it makes me sooo sleepy! I am having trouble staying awake this a.m. Need to get up and move around some to wake up.

Sorry to be so "absent" this week. Things happening beyond my control, and now I'm too groggy to try to read and respond to the posts. :(

I'll try again later.

PEACE,
FROG

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 07-28-2001 12:09 PM

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!!

BOB is STILL HURTING :( I just hope this is better by the time I go to the DETOX DUNGEON on Thursday!
I have a feeling that MY BUDDY ELI won't leave me locked up in there TOO LONG ;)
Looking forward to my visit with the two of them. We have such a good time when we're out lurking around. Eli is such a trooper, he really hangs in there...doesn't matter where we drag him off to. :s:

BOB's MOUTH is still all "SWOLLED" UP and the stitches haven't shown any signs of disolving yet....
I am trying to stick to straight ADVIL today though. I have to drive to the engagement party tonight, and I need to have all my senses about myself! (NO COMMENT NANCE :devil: )

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far....FROGGIE hope you feel better soon...it's **** being a woman down for the count isn't it?

Trying to get a little laundry done. Skeeter and I went to the bank a little while ago..he loves to go there, they always give him a doggie cookie :smug:

Hope I'm a little bit back to normal next week...I miss conversing with everyone..

BOB

Adams_rib 07-28-2001 12:43 PM

Morning

Good morning all,hope you all have some fun plans for the weekend.I get to go furniture shopping yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh:D My husband and I built our house about 3 years ago and couldnt get the furniture right away that we wanted cause he only likes to pay cash very smart but frustrating when you see a good deal:lol: We just finished our basement so now we get to move the upstairs furniture down there and the new stuff up here I am sooooo excited.
I am just loving your "how we met stories" it feels like an episode of when Harry met Sally around here:dizzy: ok heres the condesed version of mine
My husband is from Australia and he worked in the outback there so he came to Canada as a cowboy.He first moved to a small town called Cranbrook which funny enough is where I grew up and at the time was going to college there.BUT...:) ...we never met.we went to the same pub nights and everything but we didnt meet.I ended up moving to Vancouver and he off to some other little towns doing his cowboy thing until a bad horse accident nearly paralized him.So he had to figure out something else to do.He also then moved to Vancouver and started working at the Real canadian superstore which is like the super walmarts down there in the States.I too was working at the superstore and on my first day of training he happened to be stocking shelves and I noticed his cute butt :lol:but(no pun intended) we didnt meet..yet...about 1 and a half years later I was promoted to front end supervisior and Michael at that time was in charge of the whole leisure dept so now that we were both in managment we started hanging around the same circles.I asked him out 3 times lol before he accepted lucky he did that was his last chance I am sooo persisitent (too bad I dont do that with eating :lol: ) He told me later that he wanted to go out but he had dated someone in the store before and it had been bad so he swore he wouldnt date someone in the company again.But I wore him down lol.And the rest is history we have been together 9 years now married for 6 of them and still happy little bumps of course I did say I was married:lol: and belive it or not that is the short version :)
Anyhow you wonderful ladies I am off to shop ooh I am in my element now
Have a great weekend
Kymn

Melf 07-28-2001 02:57 PM

Good Saturday morning LADIES!

Had a better day at work yesterday. Managed to work the whole 12 hr shift with less pain to the jaw & teeth. Still having dizzy spells like my head is swimming, don't know what that's all about, but have faith that things will continue to improve.

I woke up at least 4 times during the night last night to the bathroom. I felt sure I was retaining fluid. Guess what? the scale says 147 again this morning, so I was right. But the other thing was that each time I woke up I found myself with my jaws in a clinch, really clamping down on my back teeth. Never noticed that before. So it may have something to do with this TMJ.

Anyway, on to other things.

Debbie Looking good girl!!! Loved the pictures you posted. WOW! to you & ANN!! Glad to hear that you're considering my idea of the picture page. Would a thread like the BIO page work for them?? Thanks for posting that site. Will have to look for the Ballastoos at the HFS next time I'm in Lafayette. Eli hid the cookies from you? :lol: Maybe he hid them in his belly since they were sooooo good. LOL Sure do plan to check out your recipe.

AMSERAPHIM, Where are you?? Hope all is ok. Loved the picture of you & Debbie!!!

Grinchy Hey, some days we're all ginches...Ask my family...LOL Have you tried any of the NO SUGAR ADDED ICE CREAMS? I love the Blue Bunny & the SUGAR BUSTERS! brands. They help with that sweet tooth. We have a small scoop almost every night as dessert. The headaches should subside soon from the sugar withdrawal.

ROSALIE, Way to go, Marie!! Being under that 200 mark is great. Hoping that you will continue to see a decline now that the needle is moving again. Keep up that great bike riding & it will. Yes, getting adjusted back to work does take a little time. I'm glad that my days are a little spread out for the first week or so. I'm off for the week end, then work Mon & off again till Fri before jumping into a long stretch. By then I am hoping to feel much better the way it's going now.

AmyG Welcome to the board!! To answer your question:
1. What type of milk product is best used in coffee (decaf, whatever)? Personally, I much perfer the Half & Half in my coffee. I don't use much, but it makes my coffee taste better & more enjoyable & it I can't enjoy my coffee, then why drink it? LOL

BUTTERFLY, You sound really excited about your sister's visit & really prepared too. Hope it turns out great for you. HUMMMMMM, will have to work on that "Thurman story" to post later.

Gatorgal Too bad you & Karen will miss each other during your visit to WIS. Your vaction there does sound great though. Hey, I guess you hear that AUTIN died Wednesday. So sad. They had quiet a bit about him & the funeral plans on local TV since he's from Lafayette area. Funeral is today I believe.

RHOO, Hey girl, 138 lbs to great! Keep it up. And yes, I think it's always easier for men to lose than us women cause our meabolism is different. Great that you are both doing so well on this WOE. My dh loves what I fix. I never have to fix anything different for him to eat. Oh course now, he does bring in his own snacks & hids them from me so that I won't get tempted. LOL Hope you have a good day at the beach.

Nance, What a beautiful love story of you & Dan the Man. Sorry to hear that you had such a stressful week. Hope your week end is better.

FROG, Sorry you're having such a gummpy Sat morning. Hope the week end gets better for you.

Bob Glad to see you're at least up to posting again. Have missed you. Hope the mouth continues to improve so you can feel up for your visit to the DETOX DUNGEON. I'm sure you will have a great time there. Maybe that's where Eli hid those cookies! :lol:

Adams_rib/KYMN Hey, enjoyed reading your "LOVE STORY". It's wonderful to hear such wonderful meetings & happy stories. Good luck with the furniture shopping today!

Well, dh is trying to get the front yard mowed before the rain starts up again. Sure looks like we're going to get it again from the Gulf. He said he needs a pirouge(sp?? cajun boat LOL) to get through the yard. :lol: He went to the barber shop earlier & came back with a bag of wonderful grapefruits. That's what I had for breakfast. He's such a wonderful husband. I kept telling him that last night when I came home from work at almost 8pm & found that he had grilled some steaks on the foreman grill, boiled some fresh okra from the garden & had some fresh acorn squash stir-fried, all plated up for me. So I better get in the kitchen & see what I can whip up for him before he comes in from the mowing. oops, too late :D ...see ya!

174/147/140

Grinchy 07-28-2001 03:31 PM

Help!!! I am going crazy!!!

Believe it or not, this insanity is not over the food I can't have, it's about dealing with my computer and this website. Half the time I just get a blank screen! I try to hit "Go to the last post" and I just get a blank screen. It's taken me two days to find the last thing I posted and what everyone else posted after that.

Sol - I hit your link from my email, but I got that old blank page!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!

On a lighter note (literally), I think I've lost
2 lbs. (210/208/130). I weighed for the 1st time last night. I went to BelindaWannabe's to check on her cats while she's out of town getting her mom for the "assisted living" move, and I got on her scale. I didn't weigh a few days ago when I actually started SB, but when I went to the doctor recently, I weighed 210, so we'll just go with that. Makes it a lot easier to figure how much I've got to lose to reach my goal.

Also, I found a gold mine today! (Frog, you've got to check this place out. Maybe you and BelindaW. and I can take a trip there one Sat. together.) Anyway, it's a Mennonite (is that how you spell it?) country store about 45 minutes from my house. They sell lots of good stuff at an incredibly low price (whole wheat pastas, couscous, brown rice, cheeses, sugar free and no sugar added stuff). It was a cornucopia of SB items. My husband and I were ecstatic! They also sell a huge selection of fresh spices for next to nothing! (You know how expensive those are in the grocery store.) Pretty cool. . . huh?

Deb - loved your pictures. . . you're beautiful!!
I tried to get to the bio-board, but I failed at that also. I hope this isn't an indication of my weight loss efforts!
:lol:

Nance - the reason I chose "Grinchy" is because I had a friend in college (about 1000 years ago) who called me that because she said I looked like The Grinch when I was mad. It's the only nickname I've ever had, so I figured. . . why not? :s:

Melf 07-28-2001 04:15 PM

Grinchy !!

What browser are you using to get this board?? I am having the same problem with Netsape, but absolutely NO problems when I use Internet Explorer or my MSN brower, so you may want to try different ones to solve your problem.

Grinchy 07-28-2001 07:03 PM

Thanks to everyone!

Hey, Melf! I AM using Netscape! I'll try your suggestion. Thanks! Also, a big thank you to all those who could sympathize with my sugar withdrawal headache. I'm feeling much better this evening. My husband put a London Broil in the crockpot with water and onion and minimal seasoning and cooked it for about 4 hours. It got all tender and fell apart and made its own gravy, and oh my God it was so good!!! I ate too much, but I hadn't really eaten lunch, so I won't feel too guilty about it. At least I didn't eat the six ice cream sandwiches that are in the freezer calling my name. I bought some peanuts with carob on them today. What the heck is carob anyway? Love to all!

Grinchy

AmyG 07-28-2001 07:48 PM

Quick Quispy Quinoa Question

Hey guys, just a quickie..

How does Quinoa stack up grain wise, in terms of SB legality?

GatorGal 07-28-2001 10:44 PM

Melf--Yes I knew that Eraste had died. It is just terrible. We all were very sad here in FL. Not for football, but for the loss of such a young and promising life. I pray for his parents, that they will find some solace.

Karen2000--I’m really sad we’ll miss each other. Do you know anything about a fish boil. Apparently that is something that is “native” where we are going--kind of like a clam bake in New England. Someone told us not to miss one, but I want to know if it is really worth it.

Nance--Gald you like the “Gator Art”!!

Is everyone sharing how they met their DH. I have some pretty interesting stories. Like the time my husband, when we were still dating, came up to NC to visit me one summer, and another guy, who I was also dating, showed up at our door as we were leaving to go to the airport to pick up my DH (then just one of my boyfriends). That was a ticklish spot. And to make matters worse, they knew each other.

Anyone see the very interesting article in USA Today on Thursday re. nutrition and a new food pyramid. The doctor, from Harvard, I believe, puts exercise on the bottom rung, followed by whole grains, followed by abundance of veggies. He also includes monounsaturated oils, such as olive oil, on this level. then Fruits, then fish, beans and nuts. Red meats he puts near the top with sugar, refined grains, white flour, butter, margerine, etc. at the very top. It was a must read for me that day.

Been fixing some yummy meals. Last night we had grilled tilapia with jalapeno, tequila and fresh lime juice marinade, along with roasted Vidalia onions sauteéd with brussels sprouts napped with a dijon mustard jus. Also french fried match stick sweet potatoes. And a salad of fresh orange slices paired with avocado. Probably too much fat, but it was gooooood.

Tonight we had company and I served crab cakes cooked with a recipe that I got off the “Great Chefs of the US” internet site on the Discovery Channel. I saw it made on TV and it looked great. Unfortunately, there was something really wrong with the recipe, and it was more shrimp mousse than crab cake, so I ended up putting it in the oven and we had crab frittata. Had the fried sweet potato again, along with sauteéd grated zucchini and spinach. Had fresh cherries and raspberries over a little vanilla ice cream for dessert. I tossed the crab cake recipe because it was not right. Sometimes I wonder if they make some of the proportions wrong on purpose so that you really can’t duplicate what they would serve in their restaurant.

Leaving for St. Augustine tomorrow for a couple of days. Y’all be good while I’m away!!

Debelli 07-29-2001 09:33 AM

Good Sunday Morning Everyone:wave:

Got in from my walk/jog-very brutally hot out there this morning, but managed to get in my walk with 17jogs in 54:13, no great times, but just the fact I was out there makes me feel good.

Scale is moving a bit back down again, makes me feel good about that as well. Will make me feel REALLY good if this downward trend continues!

Not much going on here, have the house to myself today, Eli has to work all day-had to open and has inventory tonight, so I guess I should tackle some housework before BOB comes to make inspection;)

The carob cookies are no more-I had Eli bring them out, unfortunately, he did it in front of me and I saw his hiding place, too bad, because it was a really good one, never thought to look there-anyhow, finished those last 3 cookies off-too yummy!!! Got a new book yesterday and will look through it today for some more interstesting dessert recipes-my downfall! Hey, at least if I make them, they're SB legal!

CAT, I envy those who can sew-not something I was given the gift to do-geez, not even the gift to cook-hmmm, what gift WAS I given?:?: I'll have to ponder that thought! Thanks for sharing your "how we met" story.

FROG, sorry your in a gyno rut-hope you are feeling better, and soon! Have a question for you...when you train in the cooler temperatures vst he sweltering heat, do you have better times? I just wonder if the heat really cuts into your running times much.

BOB, poor baby! Hope you feel back to "normal" by the time you arrive down here! Oh no, Eli won't let me leave you in the DETOX DUNGEON too long, after that I'll put you through EXERCISE EXHAUSTION!:eek: One thing you won't have to worry about is eating, you know how I feel about getting enough to eat, so at least you know you'll be well fed!:lol: I keep meaning to ask you-who's babysitting Skeeter while you're here-or does he get to go on his own vacation to the DOGGIE SPA?

AR, hope you found some nice furniture-I actually like a lot of the contemporary styles they have up in Canada. I take my time furnishing and doing in my house even though I've lived in it for 13 years. I didn't have dining room or living room furniture for years and took my time to get what I wanted. My house is STILL a work in progress, as I do things when I have a little extra money. I have 1 picture to buy for my living room so it will be completed-wonder if THAT will ever be! Thanks for sharing your "how we met" story!

MELF, glad to see the flood gates opened up for you! Is it possible you grind your teeth at night a don't realize it. My son Michael does that and just bought a mouth guard because he wakes up with jaw pain in the morning and he showed me where his tooth is grinding itself down. Just a thought. Yes, the picture board will be a nice addition, didn't remember who suggested it, so THANK YOU! I'll start it for this week. Eli liked the cookies, but didn't eat them, though I do wish he had, as I said above, I ate the last 3 in one sitting! They really aren't too bad, I figure the nutritional information on the high end and they are about 75 calories each. I'd def. make those again!

GRINCHY, wish I could help with the computer trouble you are having, but I'm computer illiterate and can't be much help. Hopefully, what MELF mentioned will help you! That place you went to sounds wonderful! I probably would go nuts in a place like that-you are lucky! Thanks for the nice comment about the pictures:) And congrats on that loss. I guess you'll be running over to BW on Wednesdays for WIW??? Just be careful that the carob covered peanuts don't have sugar-most do, it has to say unsweetened carob. I like carob a lot and have grown accustomed to the taste. Here'a nice link about carob:

http://www.gilead.net/health/Carob.htm

AMY, go ahead and enjoy your QUINOA-it's perfectly legal on SB, just remember, PORTION CONTROL, measure it like you would rice, 1/2 cup serving.

Okay gals, I'm gone for a while-will check in later sometime and tonight will get the boards ready for the new week. Please remember, TOMORROW IS MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY so if you have and words of wisdom or inspiration, please, try to post them tomorrow.

And on this note, I leave you with a picture of my son giving me a piggy back ride-something I never thought would happen!!!!

Toodles

Debbie
194/127.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Frog Lover 07-29-2001 09:47 AM

I'm alive now, but yesterday was a waste!

If y'all could've seen me yesterday you would've sworn that I was abou to die! I was sooooo unbelievably drugged ALL day! I NEVER woke up from that stupor. Was supposed to take that pill again last night :eek: but decided that I wanted to ask the doc and the pharamcist if the dosage was right. I was afraid to take another one. All I did yesterday was sleep. I could not keep my eyes open and it took all the concentration I could muster to type a post yesterday, couldn't place my fingers on the keys with any speed or rhythm. Needless to say I wasn't able to exercise, could barely walk around the house between naps. :mad:

Besides feeling like I had been knocked unconscious, the weather here has been the absolute PITS!!! Rainy and cloudy for days. I ran 3 miles Fri a.m. in the rain, couldn't take it anymore, had to move my bones. I am going to try again today to go for a 3-4 miler.

Well, the good news is that I weighed 146 at doc's Fri and the nurse told me that people always complain that the scales "weigh heavy." Not by my account!! :D The other good news is that this is the first doc in 10 years that has given me some hope regarding an ongoing problem that I have been plagued with. This is the first appointment I've had at this office and I was so impressed. First PAP in years that didn't hurt too! This man deserves a gold medal!! The other good news was that he told me that I was a "healthy woman"!!! :spin: How nice to hear that for a change. Usually the docs avoid the weight issue. Not my wonderful internist though, the one who told me about SB, and got me started on the road to becoming a "healthy woman." Anyhow, doc on Friday was not an unpleasant experience, have to go back in 6 weeks though. Unlike my previous gyno, a younish man, who told me at 33 and 34 years of age that if I was gonna have a family that I needed to hurry up, this doc told me that I was still "young." Thank heavens for confirming what I thought was true. Old gyno was making me feel ancient at 33! Enough about all of that!

DH and I are preparing to paint the living room, new furniture should arrive in about 2 weeks. I hope that my living room will feel new and improved.

So glad to have Grinchy on the board. She wasn't joking regarding her family. Her little boy looks like he could be ours! If I could have some that I knew would look like BW's (her daughter is a looker) and Grinchy's, I might get started! G's DH is way cool and fun to hang out with. I've enjoyed getting to know them over at BW's pool.

I am using this color to respond to the posts of others, because I need to see something blue, since it won't be the sky today!!

DEB - Enjoyed your story about you and Eli. Thanks for you sweet comments to Grinchy about me. You're a doll! Love the piggy-back pic. Heat and humidity can slow you down, it tires you out faster. Most races are in the cooler months because the heat and humidity are dangerous for even pro athletes.

ROSALIE - glad that you're enjoyong your bike. Congrats on your loss!

LAMAP - Down 4 pounds!! WOW, that's great!

RALY - Sorry about DH's work situation. I am curious about your exchange student. I have always wanted to host one but can't in my current home, too few bathrooms/bedrooms! How did you become involved?

GRINCHY - "I'm so glad you made it, so glas you made it!" You'll get the hang of the posts. Let me and BW know if we can help, no need to be frustrated with us close by. Now, about this Mennonite store, sounds great, where is it? May I also add that I found that an OCCASIONAL FF/SF frozen yogurt at TCBY or some NSA ice cream (love Eddy's "All About PB" available at Wal-Mart) to get me over those humps. I know some may discourage you from eating it, but I would rather see you have a treat of that than to go completely off-plan! Don't eat this stuff on an empty stomach, it will give you the Mexican Quick-Step if ya know what I mean! Congrats on the loss. Keep it up and you will see more. I think that you and BW should try to walk together if you can. That would be a great exercise for both, just get out there and sweat a little and get in some cardiovascular, fat burning walking!

AMY - WELCOME! Look forward to gettting to know you.

QUILTER - GIRRRRRLLLLLL! Don't make me have to come up there and shake some sense into you! You gotta get it together, get some self control and
STOP Sabotaging yourself!You know you can do this. Try to look deep inside and find out why you aren't. Hang in there. We are all pulling for your success!

FLY - I know what you mean about the carrots. I don't typically pick them out of salads, especially the shredded ones that come in fast food salads. One or two won't kill you. Weather on the east coast is awful this week isn't it?

RHROO - loved the Thelma and Louise story. I had a convertable a few years ago and always had fun in it. Kinda miss that fun, don't miss the car.

NANCE - Sorry that work has been yucky. Hope this week is a better one. Thanks for sharing your Dan story.

BOB - Sorry that your tooth is still aching. I'm envious of your trip to Deb's Detox Dungeon. I really want to meet more of the folks on the board. I hope that y'all can make the Orlando thing happen.

RIB - New furniture is very exciting. I wish ours would hurry up and get here, but then I am thankful for the extra days to get the LR painted. Enjoy!

MELF - love your new avatar. Cute! Happy to see that you are getting some releif from the pain. Hope that you continue to see improvements. Stay strong.

Well, I just saw a runner go by in the rain and decided that I should follow their lead. Hope that I don't fall down in my sedated state. :lol: Hope you are all having a beautiful Sunday.

Peace,
FROG