3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/23-7/29 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/7710-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-7-23-7-29-a.html)

VAbutterfly 07-26-2001 02:32 PM

Sol-funny. I saw your image and I don't feel bummed anymore!!
What a nice story. You are so wise to type into Word first then copy and paste. Maybe I'll do that too. Mall walking sounds wonderful. The kitten story was funny too. Sounds like the gm was very wise.

Melf 07-26-2001 07:52 PM

Had a pretty good day today. It was rough getting back into the routine after being away all this month. But I hung in there & feel better about being back to work. I think I can survive. LOL

ROSALIE, Great! You've persisted & found some accomadations. I so excited for you. I'm sure the family will enjoy spending the time with you as well. Don't feel too bad about not losing any weight this week. I'm still up too. Just can't seem to get that scale to buge, but I did handle the 8 hr shift today & stayed busy, so I'm hoping to see a change tomorrow. I also drank more water today.

LAMAP, 4 lbs! that's great!! Don't question it, just take it. LOL You'll probably be putting that watch on by next WIW at that rate. So glad for you.

Grinchy Welcome to the board! Sorry I had not noticed your thread, or I would have responded sooner. Glad Belinda talked you into joining us. This WOE is absolutely the best & this group is too. Just fire away with your questions & you're sure to get your answers. We are all in the same boat, or according to BOB, same WAGON...:) Debbie is our champion walker. I like walking but have stread away from it lately. I am planning to get back to it soon though. Exercise really does make a difference in the losing, but also in all around health. Makes me feel great when I walk. Good luck to ya, whatever exercise you decide on. Just read your second post & am in awe with the positive outlook you have on life. @--->--- That is my version of a rose. I send it to you with admiration.

Ralynne, Hope all works out with dh's interview for new job. Sounds like he may need a change. Sounds like Marie is having a great time. How long will she be with you?

Debbie sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned. Enjoy. Thanks for sharing your & Eli's love story. It's really neat to get to know more about each person on the board thru our romances & life struggles. I feel so blest to be part of this board.

Solshine, Good to see you posting again. I always love your stories. Enjoyed hearing how you & Vince got together. Thurman & I met at a church get-together also.

BUTTERFLY, Sorry your beach outing got rained out. It has poured raining here all day today & doesn't look like it wants to stop. The grass is already so high that I'm afraid we'll need to tractor to get it cut once it dries enough to cut it. LOL

AMSERAPHIM, Where are you? Missed your post today. Hope all is ok.

Adams_rib/KYMN If those boys hear you with that tought, they may just try. Better hide the razors just incase. :lol:

Got to go. Doing stir-fried butternut squash, (from the garden), fresh cukes from the garden, & grilled chicken patties made locally. Good & spicy, cajun style. Then early to bed so I can handle tomorrow's shift. See ya! :wave:

Debelli 07-26-2001 08:04 PM

Evening All:wave:

Have a few minutes to post before a show that I want to see comes on. Had a nice day with Eli, nothing special, just time with him is enough.

Came home and made a new recipe for CAROB WALNUT COOKIES-definintely a keeper! I will post the recipe later. Unfortunately, I ate 6 already and finally had to give them to Eli to hide. He liked them a lot, Michael said they were okay, my neighbor liked them a lot as well.

I got the pictures back and will work on getting some of them posted tomorrow. Someone (sorry, I forgot who it was) suggested that we have a thread just for pictures here on our site-any thoughts on this idea??

RALY, I think my daughter should own stock in B&B, she has soo many flavors! She comes out smelling like a fruitcake! Goof luck to hubby and his interview. Hope the toothfairy has good flying weather!

GRINCHY, glad to see you made it on the right board:) Welcome again! Are you friends with FROG as well as BELINDA? Encouragment you want, you will find it right here for sure! I couldn't of done what I have without the encouragement of the gals on this board-they are all truly angels!:angel: I have to say, walking WOULD be the best. When I weighed 284lbs 17 years ago, it was a lot for me to get a few hundred feet, but each day I went out and walked a little further, as I lost weight, I was able to go further and faster-and here I am, still walking and still loving it! Once you are out there, you just feel so GOOD! Thanks for sharing a little about yourself with us. When you get the time, please do post your BIO on the BIO BOARD:)

BELINDA, trust me, you are NOT the first person to lose their post! I hit a key and things seem to vanish! Unfortunately, we all do it, and it will happen to us all again, sucks big time, doesn't it!;) Like I told GRINCHY, whenever you have the chance, please do post your BIO on the BIO BOARD:)

SOL, thanks for sharing your story with Vince-somehow though, that thought of BIBLE STUDY and an erotic message just doesn't go hand-in-hand in thought;) LOL! I see you posted that darn picture of Eli again!!!!! LOL!!!

FLY, you are too funny, workout and clean the toilets-what a great workout you must of had! You can come workout at my house anytime!!! I do hope one day you and the rest of the board will get to meet Eil-BOB can tell you, he's a character!!! Just think of the picture SOL put at the end of her post-THAT'S HIM!!!! LOL!!!

Gotta run, be back later or tomorrow morning-until then, here's a picture you can take a gander at!

Debbie
194/129/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Debelli 07-26-2001 08:07 PM

Here's ME & Ann (AMSER)

Grinchy 07-26-2001 11:04 PM

2 Whole Days!

I'm here at the end of day #2 with a splitting headache. My body is saying, "Where's my hot fudge sundae and sweet tea?!!!" I could live without bread or anything akin to it the rest of my life if I could just have my ice cream every day. I am so addicted to it. I had sugar free pudding, but it was kind of funky. I'm not much of a pudding person anyway, so bad pudding is the pits.

Debelli - Belinda is my dear, dear friend. Several years ago we were merely acquaintances at church. Then, I had this dream that we would become best friends. I told her about it just for fun, but had no idea that it would or could actually happen. Now here we are. . . she's the closest thing to a sister I've ever known. I have recently gotten to know Frog through Belinda. Frog's a cool, cute gal. . . I hope to spend more time with her in the future.

Melf - thanks for thinking my outlook is positive. Those who live with me may not always agree with you! :lol: I really appreciate the rose. Everyone here is so nice. Thanks! :)

VAbutterfly - yep. . . those weight watchers folks can get a little too "up in themselves" for my taste. (Not that they're bad people, but I could have unleashed a lot of pent up anger on some of them with now regrets!! :s:

Rosalie 07-26-2001 11:53 PM

Hi everyone

Well, the scale was good to me this morning. :D I'm almost afraid to say it in case it doesn't stay but I weighed in at 198 pounds. I thought I would never see the needle go below 200. It must be the time of year. It was last August when I started to lose again after having stalled for about 7 months. Let's hope this is the beginning of a losing spell.

I had quite an active day. Did four miles on the SB this morning then went out for a ride on my bike for about 15 minutes then went for a swim. Swam about twenty lengths of the pool. Went to see a movie this evening. Saw 'Legally Blond'. Thought it was rather crappy. I actually sat through it without eating anything, just took a diet sprite with me. I had been thinking about taking some Shredded Wheat and Bran for munching but decided to do without. I'm trying to cut out evening snacks. I'll have to try and go to bed at a resonable hour so I am less likely to need to snack.

Lamap - Congrats on the four pound loss. You'll be wearing that new wristwatch very soon.

Frog - Hope you got in your run this morning.

Deb - Thanks for posting the link to the Ballastoos site. I've never seen them in the store but I will keep my eyes open for them. It sounds like they would be a good snack. I picked up some Finn Crisp Whole Rye Crispbread to-day. They are very good. Have you tried those? Glad to hear you have booked your trip to Vegas. I am sure you will have a wonderful time visiting with Nance and Ldblond. Is anyone else going to Vegas at this time? I loved the pictures.

Ralynne - Hope things go well for your dh at his interview tomorrow. Have fun being the tooth fairy.

Grinchy - Welcome to the board. I think you would do well to start your exercise program with walking. It's easy to do and doesn't require any equipment as well as being a good exercise. If you are interested in doing any other exercises there are many video tapes available for exercising at home. That's what I started off with last year although I haven't used them lately as I have been getting other exercise like swimming, bike riding and badminton. They're good to have for the bad weather or rainy days when you don't want to be outside.

Belinda - We have all lost posts at one time or another and it is very, very frustrating. I always type mine in Wordpad and copy and paste them into the Reply page. Much less chance of losing them this way. Just make sure to save it periodically if it is a long post just in case the power goes out or something happens before you finish typing. That way you can always retrieve what's been saved.

Solshine - That was a cute story about the kitty getting his whiskers cut off. Funny how kids always like to cut things. I can remember waking up one morning when my dd was about three years old. She was standing by the bed and touching my head. There I was thinking what a sweet little thing when I felt something cold on my head. She had a pair of scissors in her hand and was just about to cut my hair. I woke up in the nick of time (no pun intended).

Fly - Sorry you couldn't get out to your mini vacation to-day. But cleaning toilets instead - yuck. I'd love to see some pictures of your romantic weekend. I hope your knee survived the rollerblading.

Melf - Glad to see you are back at work. It always takes a couple of days to get back into the swing of things. Hope your mouth and back pains are getting better. I too have been drinking lots more water the last couple of days. Maybe that has helped to get things moving again (weight I mean not dookie!). Some days I just forget about drinking lots of water, other days I do fine. I find it much easier when I am at home though. It's much harder to drink a lot when I am working.

Must get off to bed as I have to get up at 6 a.m. for work.

Bye :yawn:

Marie.

AmyG 07-27-2001 01:33 AM

Newbie questions

Hi all.. I'm brand new to Sugar Busters, fresh off an unsuccessful stint on atkins (though it was defnately effective on sugar withdrawal)..

I have a couple of questions that i hope someone can help me with.. I read the book, but a few things are still unclear.

1. What type of milk product is best used in coffee (decaf, whatever)? I've heard conflicting viewpoints.

2. know the book says "whole grain only not "whole meal" breads"
From what does the prohibition on whole meal come?

Example. The Mestemacher whole rye with museli, is made from
Whole Kernel Rye, water, wholemeal rye, wholemeal wheat, oat flakes, non-sulphurated sultanas
whole hazelnuts, sunflower seed, linseed, sesame, yeast and salt.

it has 0 sugars and 6 grams of fiber.
Why would this not work? What does the "wholemeal" element take away ? (or does it?)

Obvioulsy this wouldn't be something i'd eat a "lot" of but i'm a little confused anyway.

Thanks! and its great to meet you all :)
Amy

The Quilter 07-27-2001 07:33 AM

Hello Everyone!

So sorry I have been AWOL. But my internet connection has been down. Wow! What an exercise in frustration!!! It's amazing how we get so easily accustomed to something and then whoops, what do I do now??? Last night I read for the entire evening because I couldn't get online. It was really quite nice. But I'm glad to be back with you all and getting caught up on what's going on.

Not much excitement happening around here. We will be gone ALL day tomorrow for a family reunion. It's about 4 hours away, so we will leave around 7:30 tomorrow morning. Ugh! That's going to be tough. We wanted to stay the entire weekend but had no one to watch Miss Maddie. The neighbor will watch her throughout the day tomorrow. So that is good.

My eating habits continue to be ******. On program/off program. I think I need velcro affixed to my bottom so I can stay on that wagon. But everyday I get up and begin again. That's all I can do at this point. It seems like after I've been doing something for a few months, I get really tired of it and then lose everything I know to do. It's the same with WW. Got tired of losing points and bagged everything I learned. I really admire you all who have been on this for over a year. Your commitment to yourselves and a healthy lifestyle of so admirable. How do you do it? I try to keep focused on the "prize" (a slim, trim healthy body), but something is missing.

Oh well, as long as I keep trying. I guess that's one step in the right direction. Haven't been able to read, but will get caught up hopefully today. Welcome to all the newbies.

Take care.
Kim

VAbutterfly 07-27-2001 09:27 AM

Happy Friday all! Just a quickie to check in. Have my water handy. 8oz so far. But it is 9 a.m. Just finished my coffee and oatmeal. I love Fridays because the elementary kids don't go to school on Fridays. I have a much bigger break. Scale still stuck but I'm optimistic. Especially with Rosalies and others losses. If they can be patient...so can I. Everythings cleaned. Just waiting for the rental place to open and go get a rollaway bed. I love that! $10 and I get a plastic covered bed and don't have to boot anyone out of their bed. I just wipe it down with bleach water and let it air dry. Put a mattress pad and sheets on & we're ready to go. It took me too long to discover that was available. Anyway, now trying to think if I missed anything. I'm really looking forward to the visit. My sister called yesterday and she's coming in a day early. I'm so glad. Just praying for sunshine and warmth for BBQ on Saturday. Will be making plenty of sb legal food. After July 4th I am confident I can get through that just fine. I can tell you one thing though. I was cutting up carrots for Peters fried rice last night and without thinking stuck two pieces of carrots in my mouth. I forgave myself. It's funny the habits I have. I waited a while but my insulin level didn't rise as far as I could feel. Have a great Friday and Saturday all. I'm going out to a seafood tonight. Looking forward to great fresh broiled fish and a nice salad.

Melf-So glad to hear from you. I bet getting back into work will be just what the "doctor" ordered. Glad you're not overdoing it. I'm interested to hear more of the "Thurman" story.

Deb-The picture thread sounds good to me. Loved the pic of you and Amser! I always pictured Eli singing Italian songs and flinging dough into the air. Now you say he hangs out in skirts??? LOL. I can't even imagine you at 284. Glad to see you still aren't there.

Sol-What a wonderful foundation for a relationship to grow from. Bet you were studing the Songs of Solomon ;) .

Grinchy-Hang in there. The first two weeks were the worst and you'll be out of it before you know it. I'm almost through week 4 and finally got my energy back. I love the "even keel" feeling. I can't put it any other way. I haven't touched much legal sweets except fruit and hardly any breads. With me if I touch it is likely to get out of control. Lots of water to wash out the sugar toxins and may help with the headache too. I just want all to know and I'm sure you agree that Weight Watchers are a great institution and has helped many people in the past and will still help others. It just wasn't for me.

Rosalie-198!!!! I'm doing a happy dance for you! Today I looked at my starting point on the scale and was glad at how far I'd come. Sorry you didn't like Legally Blonde. Yes, it was stupid. But I found it funny too. The faux fur was too cute. Plus the bend and snap! You are going to be a Bi-Athlete soon with the biking and swimming! I'm so glad you woke up in time before you got your haircut. I have a picture when I was five when my brother decided the morning of the pictures to give me a haircut. I wasn't so lucky.

AmyG.-Welcome!!! You'll love it here. Some of the regulars are gone because this seems to be relative weekend. You'll find lots of support here with the regulars who are here. I am relatively new (6/29) but these great people got me started on the right track. They were sooooo patient with the tons of questions I asked. I'm no expert but I will tell you I use 2% milk in my coffee. That seems to be legal. As to breads I avoid them now. I know I can't stop at two slices so I just don't eat it at all. Fill up on oatmeal, salads and meat & fruit. Now that I've been on it a while my control has increased and I haven't had much craving. It's just the first couple of weeks that are the toughest.

Quilter-Sorry you had such a problem getting on the internet. Have fun at your reunion. Hope to hear lots of stories.

Well, already been on too long.
Love Fly
sb since 6/29/01
185/173/150

Debelli 07-27-2001 09:37 AM

Good Friday Morning!:wave:

Woke up with a light headache today but managed to get my butt out and do my 4.5 minutes in 52:08 with 19 jogs-and now I sit here, sweating bulltets!:eek:

Scale is the same today-3 days in a row now. Will be interesting to see which way it moves WHEN if does move!

I'VE POSTED THE WALNUT CAROB COOKIE RECIPE on the recipe board this morning-thank goodness I can't find where Eli hid them, I really liked them a lot, too much, I should say! I'll try to get some time and get the OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPE done sometime today.

If you didn't get to see the TWO PICTURES I POSTED last night, please take a gander at them. Will be posting a few more later :)

GRINCHY, try to stay away from the SF pudding, chocolates and other sweets at the beginning. Give your body time to detox from sweets and the taste for them. You'll be surprised how you won't be craving that ice cream if you do this-I was eating a half-gallon of ice cream just about every other day before I started SB!:eek: I think trying to find sweets that you can eat at the beginning and not letting your body get rid of the desire for them gets too many people into trouble, but that's just my opinion and you know what they say about those;) Thanks for sharing about you and BW, I'm sure if she likes FROG and the fact that we LOVE FROG, you two/too will love her just the same! I sure know, she does have a sense of humor and a good heart-what's not to like!!!

ROSALIE! CONGRATS a thousand times over! I am so THRILLED for you to finally have a loss and go under the 200 mark! WOO HOO!!! Your patience pays off again! Seems like all the exercise is helping. We saw LEGALLY BLOND as well, def. a teenage chick flick. Would like to go see PLANET OF THE APES, my son is seeing it today. I LOVE the FINN CRISPS, just make sure you eat them with something low GI on them, they are really high on the GI scale-90 something I believe-cheese or pb is good on them:) No one but Eli and I will be in Vegas, then we'll drive over to Nance's-can't wait!

AMY, WELCOME TO THE BOARD! Glad to see you are taking a healthier approach to losing the weight compared to the other way you were trying;) To answer your questions about milk, any type of milk is fine, but of course, skim, or one of the lower fat milks would be best. There are some no fat, no sugar creamers on the market-maybe one of the other gals can tell you what they use-I'm not a coffee drinker (even though my OH manages a Starbucks!). As for the bread, I don't know if that particular Mestemacher bread is fine or not-I have bought 1 or 2 in the past (still in my freezer after eating 1 slice). It MAY be okay, though I don't agree with sultanas being okay-to me, they are like raisins, which are a no-no:nono: As for the whole meal issue, I think that's because it's ground so fine possibly, but I'm really not sure. I don't remember reading that in the SB BOOK, but it's been so long since I read it, maybe I need to refresh my memory. BUT, the more refined a product is, the higher it's GI. (ANOTHER) BUT, with that bread having so much fiber, that may be a plus-what I would say, have a piece once in a while and see if you notice any effects-then go accordingly. One thing nice about this WOE, you do have a little play with some foods, you just have to find out what works for you-BEACHFAN ate bananas while doing this WOE and reached goal months ago, whereas, if maybe I tried to eat them, I'd gain-so if you really like that brand of bread, see how your body reacts to it. Also, do remember, you MAY see a gain at the beginning of doing SB since your body isn't use to having those carbs, be patient, that's my best advice.

QUILTER, we've missed you! ANOTHER family reunion-you sure do have lots of kin folk there! LOL! KIM, we need to get you back into the groove again-just tell yourself, make a commitment to stay OP for 1 week, 1 week, not long, right?!? THEN you'll be well on your way once you begin to feel better and start losing again. For me, 3 days it the magic number, I know I'm fine after that time. The commitment to NOT cheat is hard, but it can be done-I know you can do it, you just have to believe that now!!! Tell Paul hello!!!!

FLY, don't worry about the carrots-actually, they are fine, as long as they are raw. It's cooking that makes the GI increase-another thing the SB book doesn't tell you! Another tip, you CAN eat berries with meals, they don't have to be eaten seperately like other fruits:) Dinner plans sound yummy-love fish, as long as I'm not making it! Funny thing about Eli...he's Lebanese, I'm Jewish and we owned a pizzeria! No Italian blood was in that place. Eli in a skirt, no, that picture SOL posted was Eli in a SPEEDO!!!! LOL!!!!

Okay, time for me to get something to eat, cant believe it's already 9:45am, been typing for an hour now! I'll check in with you all later. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Debbie
194/129/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

VAbutterfly 07-27-2001 09:47 AM

gosh, I'm :o . Came back to tell Grinch that I survived the first weeks of Sb by making my smoothies. And discovered the skirt vs speedo error. I knew when I wrote that I might not be remembering well. I'm still laughing. Maybe you should try a skirt on Eli. I must've confused the speedo with the hula image of this past week.

Anyway Grinch. My first week I made smoothies of plain no fat yogurt, fresh fruit (usually chose blueberries and strawberries), and if I wanted extra protein Wheat Germ (which tasted sweet to my surprise). Whip it up with some ice and it's close to the sweet and cold feeling of ice cream.

What do you think Deb? Think that will help Grinch?

Bye, Fly!

GatorGal 07-27-2001 10:42 AM

Karen3000--We will be getting into Kohler on Sunday, Aug. 26. My DH will be playing golf that afternoon and then all day monday. Going home on tuesday. I heard from a friendly lurker :) that Kohler is a great little town and that the place where we will be staying is a top notch venue.
I'm really sad:( that we will just miss each other. I would have LOVED to meet you!!!

SolShine 07-27-2001 06:14 PM

Just a quickie

HAPPY DANCE FOR MARIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!! I'm sooooo happy for you!!!!!!

I know how it feels - hopefully, both our bodies will cooperate and we'll just keep shrinking from here!

Had to laugh at y'all talking about "Legally Blonde". Last night at fellowship one of our single mothers and her teenage daughter were teaching us the bend and snap move. :lol: They were very comical and highly recommended the movie.

QUILTER -- Super extra strength velcro on the way to your house. You've come too far and been too successful to slow down now!! You're on a roll, Baby! Hang in there!!

DEBBIE - What if we just added a picture thread to our weekly, exercise and recipes threads? Would that work? I'm very jealous that you are going to get to meet NANCEMEISTER in person!! Are you meeting LDBLOND too? My mother is supposed to be sending me scanned photos from the reunion. Hopefully some will be good enough to share with you gals. Maybe one of Meister if I can find one he won't kill me for posting for the world to see.

Funny thing about that erotic message - I wanted someone who would go to church with me, but that wasn't "overly religious" or a "Jesus Freak" (my terms, no offense to anyone) - someone I could still have a couple of beers and lots of laughs with. That message proved to me that he would be well balanced in that category (he also has the sexiest voice I've ever heard on the phone :s: ) We "dated" for 2 weeks and decided we wanted to get married and our engagement was almost a year long. Since we were "just friends" before that my parents were taken aback because they had no warning this was coming. You shoulda seen my dad giving him the evil eye and third degree when they first met him. Now I think my grandmother would choose him over me if we ever split! :o

GATOR - Been sick as a dog for 2 weeks and out of town for the reunion. Haven't stepped foot in the gym since camping out at the hospital with Meister. Tomorrow we're going to go rollerblading, though. Hopefully I'll last more than 1 mile. :^:

AMYG - Funny, I had a friend we called "Amy G" and now she's married so we can't call her that cause her last name has changed and "Amy B" just doesn't sound the same. Welcome to the board! You'll get lots of support and even some friendships here. I use whole cream for my coffee since I only have one cup in the mornings and I eat a pretty low fat diet. I use skim milk or 100% natural Westbrae Soymilk on my cereal when I have that. That's about the only milk I have - we don't even really cook anything that uses milk. Westbrae is just soy beans and water so it's very low fat (and not as tasty as "WhiteWave Soy Milk" - my favorite). Don't know about the bread. We eat Ezekiel bread and I may have 2 slices a week of that.

I know I didn't get to everyone, but my time is up. :( I must needs be going along. Have a great week-end if I don't get back on line.

:wave:

Debelli 07-27-2001 06:41 PM

WOW! Where is everyone today??? Hey, it's not the weekend YET! Board sure is slow!!!

Ran around with my Mom today-sounded like a better idea than cleaning the house. Postposed the garage sale til the 13th, didn't have enough time to prepare and next week BOB will be coming in, so will do it the following week.

Yes, BOB is coming to the Detox Dungeon Thursday night and will leave sugar and me behind on Monday morning:) Looking forward to her coming down:)

Okay, Eli hid those cookies TOO good! I've looked for them, having withdrawls, want cookie!!!!! Can't find them!!!:eek:

FLY, yes, your smoothies would be fine! They sounds great too! I love the shakes I make and they're VERY filling, and nutritious as well. Eli in a skirt, please, don't give the man ANY ideas! LOL!

SOL, I think we'll go ahead and do the picture board in starting August-it would be nice! Yep, if all goes as planned, I'll meet Lara aka LDBLOND as well. Don't be jealous-if I come up to Orlando in Jan, I hope to get to meet you!!! This week, I get BOB!! Oh my, that's funny about your story and how you got engaged. #1, I met him on the phone, we had our first date in August, told my Mom I was going to marry him, had a ring in Oct. got married the following April-and my grandparents too would of chose him over me! They still like him-not that he's a bad guy, he's a wonderful father, but I wanted something more, that he wasn't able to give me-lots of love. I think it had a lot to do with the way he was raised by his Mother and Grandmother and the death of his Dad when he was 9. Anyhow, that' water under the bridge, and I know I have found my true soulmate with Eli!:love:

Okay gals, I'm outta here for now, will try to check in later, otherwise, tomorrow after garage sales!!!

Toodles!

Debbie
194/129/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Rhroo 07-27-2001 11:55 PM

Hey everyone.!!!! :) Just a quick "hi" and checking in to let you know i am alive and sugarfree (ha! i wish!) but trying! Thanks for all the woo hoos on the hubbys weight. He really is making me look bad but like i have said i think this will be good for me -actually its been alot better he is happier and less emotional about this weight stuff!!
This week i got in about 5 days of excersise -3 where better than the other 2 lol!! one was a lame walk while my little one rode her bike (2 miles) then lifted some weights for 10 mins. On wendsday we walked around a farm for a few hours in 90 degree weather hmmmmm are you getting a whif?? lol Eating wise i was o.k i think i hate having a scale!! i have stayed right at 138 all week soooo i am patting myself on the back. Tonight i messed up!! My freind got a new car (convertable) so we had to go buy Thelma and Louise kercheifs and cruse with a stop for nachos and strawberry magaritas ---bad me! now of course i am suffering with a tummy ache which i deserve! i need to drink alot of water!! Does this help anyone else??
Tomorrow we have to go pick up my son at camp and dump off the oldest woooo hoooooooo but this means another day at the beach!!!

Deb- I love the pictures your so cute. I don't think your smaller than me i think we have differnt body shapes!! Like i said its only a number!!! and i like that 6 i can't imagine me in a 4 or 5. I think at 130 i might be if i keep working out which my Dr. informed me i have to so i will be healthy!!!! lol Have fun with Bob!

Sol-Hiiiiii missed ya!! what have u been up to??

VA- good job on the water!!! thats hard for me too but its real important. Have a nice visit and cook out with your family!! I guess raw carrots are not as bad as cooked, but when your used to not eating them it freaks u out! today i cut up a banana for my daughter and almost gagged! Its been so long since i smelled that!

Quilter- HIIIIII!!! hope you have fun at the reunion!! we missd you! Hope your feeling better about the wagon! LOL You are sooo right -as long as you try its better than saying the he** with it right? We all know how to do it we just have to want it sooooo bad and get our butts in gear and do it everyday. We are all human and not perfect! Are u still excersising??? we are here for you girl!

Rosalie-woooo hooo on the 2lbs!!! you go girl!!

Amy-welcome!!! hope you find alot of support here we are a crazy bunch and some of us post less than others but there is always someone with help for those who need it!!! You will help us too i am sure!!!

Grinch- hope the head is better -I remember those days! LOL Once your over the hump you will fell soooooo much better. Have u taken body measurments???? watch how nice your skin looks after a few weeks! Don't give up its just like a alchol detox! As for ice cream i buy the Edys sugar free it has 3 g of sugar not bad if you can control your serving size. I would have someone else scoop for me!!! good luck!!

I didn't hit everyone but i tryed Bob, Nance, Melf, amser!!! hi i know sparkle is on vacation if your lurking hi!!!!!!!!! gotta go to bed!!!!! talk to ya soon

Rhonda

201.2/138/135-30????hmmmm

s