Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 11:34 PM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 11/7 - 11/13

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68121

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 11-06-2005, 11:43 PM   #2  

CREATE YOUR OWN CHALLENGE WEEK:

Create your own challenge for the week, based on some area you need to get on track in. Post it so the rest of us can hold you accountable! Two are better than one, and three are even stronger!

Old 11-07-2005, 04:00 AM   #3  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default Good Gawd Look At The Time!!!

GOOD REALLY EARLY TO ALL MY BUSTIN BUDDYS!!!

I go back to work this morning and just couldn't sleep!! Why stay in the bed and get an achy back??? So I'm up!!!

GATOR... I was right there with y'all..I've been saying for YEARS that VANDY is going to step out on the field one of these years and THE SEC isn't gonna know what hit them! I'm afraid, that's really near!!!
I don't look for THE VOLS to win any more games!
I know that's not being a good FAN, but most of us have given up on them this year! Now that DANDY RANDY has stepped down (should have happend before now!) , they proved with THE POPES BOYS that NO ONE knows how to call the OFFENSE!!
MEMPHIS STATE will absolutely CREAM THEM!!
I need to email JACKIE and let her know that I'm not wasting airfare to come to LEXINGTON!!

As far as the BIG SHOT FANS MEETING WITH THE AD: Wouldn't doubt that a pound! It's happened before. When Bill Battle was coach, he had a year like this and after the ALABAMA GAME that year, he went out on Sunday morning to get his paper and found a MOVING VAN IN HIS FRONT YARD!!

We'll just have to wait and see...I know if PHAT PHIL doesn't pull out VANDY and KENTUCKY, he might as well make plans to to buy a JOHN DEER and work that farm he's got!!

MISSY,

WHEN THE VOLS rolled into the stadium area at LSU this year, the fans litterally ROCKED THE TEAM BUS!!

CINDY...You'll love your couches, but be sure to buy the protectant oil for the leather. My Niece and her Husband bought couches from LAZY BOY and
they insisted, in their case, because of the dogs! ENJOY THEM...I know y'all will!

HEY LAURIE....GOOD TO SEE YA!! Let me know about that bread. I need one with considerable fiber in it and less calories as well!
I hear ya on TURKEY DAY...It's always been my HOG WILD DAY AND ANYTHING GOES!!! I've got to watch myself ...

OH THIN...POOR RACHEL!! Glad you got to the bottom of the problem, but I sure do hope it doesn't knock her balance off during her performance!! Let us know how she does!

COLLEEN...I'm so sorry that Jo's problems are closing in. I'm here for ya Girlfirend {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

THIN...I didn't read far enough down. GLAD TO HEAR the RACHEL had a WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE!!! How's her ear????

MUCNH..Good going on getting MOM on PLAN...get her on here and get her talking to us...we'll get her in the mood!

MONET...You're really knitting up a storm! How's school going? I know you're enjoying it..

Well, I'm outta here until this afternoon! Keep all fingers crossed that I stay awake all day!

I'm trying to wait a while before fixing my breakfast.

This morning, (since I have time), I'm going to fix a good one...

UNCLE SAM'S CEREAL

1 scrambled egg
2 strips of bacon
Toast

COFFEE!!!

Later

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 11-07-2005 at 04:03 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:36 AM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay...it's been a busy weekend. And not the least bit of which was on plan. I know I've said it a hundred times, but I started this diet on my birthday last year and stuck with it all the way to Christmas. Except for that brief interlude with my Thanksgiving stuffing . So, here I am again. I've had quite enough Halloween candy to make me not even want any for a long, long time. Let's see if I can get down ten pounds by Christmas!!

I'm motivated...I'm pumped...I'm doing it!!

I had a great birthday. I got tons of gifts from hubby...Star Wars III, a cool coffee cup, a candle, some cozy fleece pants, a purse, a watch, a couple sweaters and the all important new fleet of underwear I purposely didn't buy any pants because I really want to wait till I'm in a size 10 to buy anything new there. I was thinking of getting an excercise machine to specifically exercise my mid-section. That's where I have all of the weight I want to loose. Any suggestions?

Okay...not much time for replies except to say thanks for all the birthday wishes...loved that cake, BOB!! I have to go take a shower and get Kyle ready for school. Talk to you bustin buddies later on!!

Kris
Old 11-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #5  

Morning! I slept about as good as BOB did... I kept waking up and it was rather annoying. I am yawning to split my face, but got up because I could not sleep. I am sure it was the pizza I ate last night. I deserved to be miserable, right?

My challenge this week will be to have at least five totally on plan days. That will mean no snacks, or eating after dinner in addition to avoiding wheat and sticking to SB. Also, I will get in at least four exercise sessions, either walking or weights.

BOB: Yep, I am loving school. Its going well. This week, I set up a still life according to my plans....I can't wait to see how they do on it.

TECH: I am glad you had a good birthday. Your hubby sounds very generous! Mine is 'gift challenged' and often ends up giving me $$! Once in a while, he really has a flash of inspiration...like my ruby ring he gave me for my 50th birthday. I get lots of comments on it...it is absolutely gorgeous..and a simple design. Those flashes make up for all the times he has none!

Old 11-07-2005, 08:16 AM   #6  
Golfing Gal

good Monday morning all. My goal for this week is to go to Curves at least 3 times this week. I have been pretty bad about not going for the last 3 weeks.

I am having a hard time sticking to this woe. Halloween was a disaster. I ate the candy, and yes I shouldve known better, but I am weak where Choc. candy concerned. I hope to get thru Thanksgiving without a problem, then if I can only make it thru Christmas without the egg nog, candy, cakes,etc. I just need some ideas for getting thru the sugar phase.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:50 AM   #7  

Had a great weekend, but wish I had one more day to rest up! Rachel did fine with her performances and has just finished up her antibiotic this morning. So we'll hope any remaining fluid can continue to drain out .

My challenge for myself is to just simply get out and exercise a couple of times! I have not been out on a walk or anything in I don't know how long. I'm going to shoot for two sessions of something! walking biking whatever !
Old 11-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #8  

Good morning all. Ok- challenge for the week. No unplanned snacking. No picking, etc. That has always been my weakness. I know I can increase my weight loss if I stick to that. Well, the "official" MMM weigh in shows I'm down half a pound. I "unofficially" weighed in yesterday, and the MM showed I was down 1.5. And guess what- I snacked a bit too much last night, so I'm sure I'm paying for the "water weight" this morning. But I'll record the half pound as the official one. It still is a loss, and I'm very happy about that after doing Weight Watchers for a loooong time and either gaining or no losses.

Ok- will post more later- I have to give my attention to my 4 year old. No preschool on Mondays, so we have lots of cuddle time.

MUNCH
Old 11-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #9  

Checking in after breakfast: strawberry smoothie made with water, protein powder and frozen strawberries with a squirt of agave. Coffee with half and half and several pieces of homemade beef jerky- fresh out of the oven. (it is SO hard to resist!)

I have a ton of things to do, so I may leave my pokey son to fend for himself in getting to work. Not sure if I feel mean enough this morning to do that! (waking his sister for a ride can be painful...literally! She wakes up not in the best of moods..)

Later!

CAT: If you want ideas for getting over sugar, I am sure you will get a lot from everyone. (welcome back, by the way!) Having legal snacks available always helps, and sometimes chewing gum keeps you from mindlessly putting things in your mouth. (I don't do well with gum myself..I tend to swallow it! )

MUNCH: Hey, we take any loss around here! Its movement in the right direction, so yay!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:39 AM   #10  

THIN: Didn't mean to leave you out! I think the two sessions of exercise is a great start! You know you are going to feel so good getting them in! I hope Rachel is all better...I tend to get ear infections a lot and they are NO fun!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies.

We had a busy weekend and we were on the go all the time. Made it to the gym yesterday only.

My goal this week is to get to the gym 4 times and at least 5 op days.

Gator, Wow what a close ballgame. Glad you pulled out the "W".

Bob, what can I say? You can't beat heaven. They really lost it there at the end. I think Vandy will beat TN but I still think TN will beat KY. Have a good day back to work.

Heart, I know what you mean about the exercise. You let it go for just a short while and it is so hard to get back into it and your endurance drops so quickly. You can get it back. It is hard when you work. Hope you can get back here more often too.

Tech, OK girl, I'm holding you to that 10 lb loss by Chrismas. That is 6 weeks. You can do it. I think I will jump right in there with you and we will have our little challenge together. I will need to make a ticker. How about it? Anyone else what to join in?? Glad you had a great birthday.

Monet, You go girl. 5 OP days is a great goal and I know you can do it.

Catlover. Getting to Curves 3 times this week is a great goal too. I hope to get to the gym at least 3 times too. You have to detox from the sugar and stay away from it. Once you cheat with it, it is too easy to slip back. How about some SF baking?

Thank, glad Rachel is feeling better and her performance went well. Good luck on getting out there with your exercise.

Munch, congrats on the .5 lb loss.Snacking is hard. Good luck with that this week.

I found a great recipe for the holidays. I will post it later.

Got to run. Have a great OP day!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #12  
Goddess

Default Morning all!

Ok, OK I know I was AWOL last week, but I was thinking about you!

It occurs to me that now is the time to starting psyching ourselves up to withstand all the holiday temptations--so here is what I propose. Let's all write and share our game plans for coping with the holidays. Let's not be overly idealistic either. Let's think long and hard about the temptations, and how we will handle the "sugar pushers" and when and under what circumstances we will eat off plan (um, because we likely will). I don't what to see anyone's plan posted today. . . why. . . because i want us to really take the time to think through our strengths and weaknesses and come up with a realistic plan that will work! So let's post our plans on Friday--How about it?

Solly--can't wait to see that recipe!

Monet--How do you make your jerky?

Muncher--Welcome! That sounds like a great plan for the week!

Thin--I'm with you on the getting out to walk! It is so easy to spend the entire day sitting in front of the computer!

Cat--good to hear from you again!

Kris--I know it's late but ahpeey birthday!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your day, but now it is time to get back OP!

BOB---My, my, my. It's been pretty sad, but I must say that you seem to be coping well.

Is Missy back with us--Bout D**m time girlfriend!!!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 11-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #13  

OK- real quick again. TECH- I'm with ya on that ten pounds by Christmas!!! Speakin' of Christmas- its my favorite holiday and I apologize in advance for the fact that I HAD to use a Christmas avatar and weight tracker. My hubby laughs at me because I always have to be the first one to get my decorations up in the neighborhood. Last year my neighbor beat me by 1 day!!! (but I'm always behind in Christmas shopping, whats up with that??)

Talk later

MUNCH
Old 11-07-2005, 12:23 PM   #14  
Addicted to potato salad!

OKAY, then, do we have a challenge to lose ten pounds by Christmas? Let's all put special tickers in our signatures for the extra challenge if you're interested. There is a special list of holiday-inspired tickers in the 3FC group, you have to click on a link on the upper left-hand corner of the ticker page. We'll know who's in the challenge by who has a 10-pound Christmas ticker. We'll all be watching!!

Menu for today:

Breakfast: Skipped it and had coffee
Lunch: Vanilla protien shake with strawberries added
Snack: Triscuits and cheese with some sugar free pink lemonade
Dinner: Chili with a big glass of milk and a salad

Kris

Oh...and I broke my blender today chopping up my frozen strawberries. Oh, well...at least it wasn't expensive and this gives me a reason to get a new one
Old 11-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #15  

Good Morning gals......

Boy, what a weekend.......you guys are not going to believe what happened. This is so cool, it all started on Friday when I went to the mail box and got our mail. There was a priority mail letter for dh. I asked him who Vicky Co........was? He said, He** if I know. Well he opened it and read it, then asked if I wanted to read it?? I asked him what it was.....he said it was from some woman claiming to be his daughter! And he was mad....... I read the letter, which included a certified copy of her birth certificate with my husband listed as the father, and I asked if it was possible and he replied not hardly. But that yes, he had known the womans mother.The woman stated that, as a child she had been told who her biological father was, and that she was free to contact him if she wished, but growing up she hadn't wanted to cause any bad feeling with her Mom and stepdad, both of which were now deceased. I asked if he knew her mother intimately, and he said yes, but I was in the service, stationed in Germany in March of 1957. I then proceeded to inform him that if she was born in March, the conception would have been in June of 1956. I said that there was a big resemblance and he said "oh Bullsh*t". Finally I went and got his service record papers........it seems that he enlisted in July of 1956, not June as he thought.

The letter said that she would be visiting her aunt in this area Nov 5 thru the 8th, and that she wanted nothing from him but some time. She lives in Colorado with her husband of 31 years, and has two sons. Ted was very uncertain about this and I told him that a phone call would cost him nothing and that I thought he owed her at least that courtesy. If indeed he was her father, it was not her fault that he was never informed about her.

He placed the call, and agreed to meet with her on Saturday. He drove up north and met with her, and it turns out that she IS his daughter. Neither have any idea why the mother never informed Ted of her birth, but Ted showed her his service papers, and explained that he had absolutely no idea that he had fathered a child.

He stayed in a motel up there Saturday night, and then drove her down here and we all went to brunch on Sunday. She is a very beautiful woman, and there is definitely a family resemblance. My heart was just busting with happiness for them both. Just imagine..........finding out at age 71, that you have a daughter that is 48 years old.

My husband has another daughter that has refused to see him for many years now.....due to some disagreement over some money that she wanted from him. She told him she wanted to buy a car......he sent her the money she asked for, then she wanted more......Ted asked her to come over here, and that he would help her get the car, but she refused saying that she just wanted the money.........and that if he didn't give it to her, she never wanted to see him again..........
We have been together for almost 16 years, and I have never met her. I asked him once to try and find her and resolve their differences before it got to be too late......he said he had no idea where to even look. Last he had heard, she had divorced her husband, giving him custody of their children and she was running wild.........

I honestly think that this may be just what Ted needs right now. He has been feeling really melancholy lately, due to the fact that he tried to return to work full time, and his back couldn't take it.......he worked 9 hours one day, and was laid up for a full week afterward. Working for his friend up north is okay, because he works at his own pace,and can rest as he needs. But the job he wanted was running a big backhoe on a freeway job in town. I guess he feels like he's no good for anything anymore. Poor guy, has had 3 surgery's in the last 5 years. He loved to work before he retired, had been a superintendent for a construction company for 32 years!!

So, Vicky has to leave tomorrow, but Ted is spending every minute that he can with her before she leaves. He went up north again this morning. And she is going to be by in the morning before heading to the airport.

Well, what do you think of my weekend?? Pretty shocking huh?? I hope that they can continue a close relationship. My family has always been very close, and I am amazed at people that don't see each other for ages, when they live in the same town as each other.

I had to take Bill into town very early this morning, was so worried about having time to get my workout in, that I forgot to weigh myself. I am anxious to see how I have done these last two weeks.......hope I am truly on my way down. Will get on first thing in the morning.........I plan in getting back here today to get in some replies.....have to get some things done now.........

Last edited by Teensybean; 11-07-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Closed Thread