Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 03:32 PM   #16  

Hi all. Ive just got a few minutes before I have to get ready for the gym.
I weighed this morning and am up 4 pounds! I have NO idea what is going on. I was better this weekend than most.
I will join the 10 pounds by Christmas. Thats for sure.
Ok got to run. Ill try and post replies tonight.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Ok did a Christmas ticker for the challenge. Hope it worked.

Susan, Well, I'm still sore about the beating your guys gave us. Well deserved though. At least you were thinking about us last week. Ok I'm thinking about my plan for TG first. It is pretty easy. Christmas is the hard one. That will take much more thought.

Munch, I bet I have you beat this year on decorations. Love your tracker. I need to do mine now.

Teensy, WOW, I think you will get the prize for the most interesting weekends. That has to be a shocker. I'm glad your DH is happy about all this and it all worked out for the best.

Cindy, hang in there, maybe it's hormones or water. Try again tomorrow.

Have a nice roast and carrots and potatoes (for the rest of the fam) in the crock pot. Then headed to the gym.

Have a great evening.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:11 PM   #18  

Hi ~ New kid here...I posted on another board, but noticed there wasn't any action there...so I decided to post here. I need someone to kick me in the pants with SB, and I'm hoping this is the place!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:57 PM   #19  

Brandi! We are glad you joined us! I am sorry if you posted someplace and felt all lonely and ignored! We all tend to come into this forum and post, so this is the active place!

I need to head off to the kitchen and get some dinner going! I got my hair cut, went to the church office and got a check, went to the bank, went to the store twice...and spent some time trying to plan a craft for my art classes. I am NOT happy about that, but we won't go there right now.

Notice my ticker...count me IN for the Christmas challenge!

I will be back!

TEENSY: Wow...what a weekend you had! It actually totally cool for your hubby!

Old 11-07-2005, 06:22 PM   #20  

Ok, I'm really reluctant to do this, but I'll join you all in your challenge! (I'm afraid I'll be ashamed if I fail! )
I guess any loss is better than none!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:32 PM   #21  

OOPS! Let me try that again!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #22  

AAAAHHHH! I'll figure it out in a minute!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #23  

I think I've got it now!!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #24  

Thanks for the welcome! I've been so consumed with trying to conceive and fertility drugs. I'm taking a break for now and would like now dedicate my time to something else....losing 50 pounds!! The sad thing is I had already lost 35 pounds and then I fell off the wagon when I started on all the hormones. Now I have to lose the same weight all over again....crazy!!
Old 11-07-2005, 07:39 PM   #25  

Ok, Im back from the gym. I got in 1hr 45 min...woo wee! I am going to get on the scale in the morning and see if it was a mistake! If I can lose 10 lbs by Christmas Ill send each of you a thank you card filled with lots of appreciation !

blueeyedbrandi- WELCOME Good to meet you and look forward to hearing all about you ! Stick with it...you CAN do it !!

Bob- We already got the leather cleaner and protectant ! Just need the couches here and were all set

Kris- Sounds like you had a wonderful Bday !

Catlover- all I can suggest is find sf subsitutes for the sugared things you love. That really helped me get over craving the real stuff.

Munch- congrats on the loss. Love your ornament aviator

Solly- looking forward to the great recipe you found. Im always looking for good ones !

Susan- great idea. Im gonna to write things down during the week.

Colleen- wow that is a exciting weekend. How wonderful for both of them to have found each other.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:15 PM   #26  

Height: 5'7"

Hey there folks! Okay, I'm going to post my menu and see if you can give me feedback. I've read the book but somehow putting it in practice, or actually putting myself out there in front of people who are thoroughly familiar with this WOE, is what I need to do.

B: scrambled egg cooked in butter, skim milk
L: baked sweet potato
D: rotisserie chicken, salad with lettuce, tomato, carrots, red onion and italian dressing, milk

Snacks if needed: 6 triscuits and swiss cheese, 1 T. Simply Jif PB, carrots, and natural (unsweetened) applesauce

Advice?
Old 11-07-2005, 09:17 PM   #27  

Height: 5'7"

Forgot to say ... I'm a WW Core person (usually) and I need to shake things up a bit just to stay interested. This is so close to Core but includes a few new things that might do the trick.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:47 PM   #28  

Evening! Dinner was Mavarik sirloin steak, baked sweet potato and roasted asparagus, plus a glass of red wine. I slathered the sweet potato in smart balance.

Someone asked for my recipe for beef jerky. It is really simple:

1 pound flank steak, cut with the grain into 1/4 inch thick slices about six inches long. Trim off all visible fat.
1 T fajita seasoning (the kind with salt, pepper and garlic in it)

Mix 1 T seasoning with 1 pound of meat...so if your piece of flank steak was 1.5 pounds, you would use 1.5 T of the seasoning. If you can't find the seasoning, you can use 1T salt, 1 t ground pepper, and 1/2 t granulated garlic. Mix well, trying to coat the meat evenly. Lay meat strips out in a single layer on a rack over a pan with sides. Spray the rack and pan for easy clean up. Put in a slow oven (175 degrees to 200 degrees) and cook for eight hours or over night. Remove from oven, drain on paper towels, then store in an airtight container, or as I do - in a zip lock bag in the fridge. Resist the temptation to nibble on it. Its VERY addicting.

KATPO: In looking over your menu, I would suggest you add some protein to the lunch. A baked sweet potato doesn't sound like much of a lunch, and being just starch, it will cause a rise in insulin which will then drop and you will feel hungrier than if you balanced it with some protein. More veggies, and even some fruit would be good for balance. Just remember to avoid bananas, watermelon, raisins, pineapple... low GI fruits include peaches, apples, and berries.

CINDY: What color leather are the sofas? I would love leather sofas! Enjoy them!

Old 11-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #29  

THIN: There is no shame in trying. I will be pleasantly surprised if I can lose ten by Christmas, but I am not going to beat myself up if I fail..you shouldn't either! Just give it an honest try!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #30  
Little Engine That Could

Hello all,
the board looks pretty active today. Great start for the week. And welcome to Kathy and Brandi. Brandi, this is a great board. Everyone gets along very well and there is no grousing like you sometimes see on other boards. Also, everyone gives good advice if you ask for it.
Catlover--welcome back. We missed you.

I am still toying with the Christmas challenge idea. We are leaving for Charleston this Thursday and will be up there eating in the yummy Charleston low country restaurants, that are anything but dietetic. And then the weekend of Thanksgiving we are going up to Gainesville with friends for a long weekend. So, I see difficulties in reaching a loss of 10 pounds. Hmmm. Not sure what to do. Now if it were July, or February, or some other month. Hmmm.

BOB--Just be glad that your happiness doesn't have to depend on what a bunch of 19 year olds do on any particular Saturday. Can you believe that game we had against Vandy? Probably 20000 people left the stadium with 5 minutes to go in the game. They figured that being ahead by 14 points put the game in the bag. Vandy ran over us like a rug. Their QB is great. Glad he is a sr.

Fillise--Go Tigers!!!! Hope y'all get a W this coming Saturday.

I am not working out this week. Normally I work out Tues. and Fri. but I have to take my car in for a minor repair tomorrow and will be in Charleston on Friday.

Have a great evening everyone.
Closed Thread