Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 04:17 PM   #91  

Hmmmmm lots of missing ladies today. Hope everyone is okay. All is fine here. I'm having a little trouble with being hungry. I've eaten well today, just guess it will take a week or so to get rid of the cravings.

techwife- I'm in envy over you having your grocery shopping done. Thats my day tomorrow. And I hate to put everything away.

Thin- Yum early turkey!!!

Bob- I'm so sorry you're sick. You have such a rough time with your health. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Talitha- Woopie for you.. A new little one. Congrads.....

Off to wash my hair....
Old 11-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #92  

I had lunch out with my neighbor. Her treat. She got her contract for teaching at the school today. The lucky thing...they are paying her more per hour than me, I guess since she is teaching a core course instead of an enrichment class?! We went to a really good restaurant called Mambo Italiano. I got a Calzone. It was made with white flour...but thin crusted and absolutely delicious! I also had a Caesar salad. I kind of doubt I will be very hungry for dinner, but I am planning on fixing salmon filets, and a green vegetable.

I have gotten some knitting done..but not much. I am maybe half way now.

I had a nice long talk with my daughter....the one with the cats. She is very upset, and doesn't know what she is going to do. She knows which neighbor called the animal control, as it was an issue before, but for really stupid reasons. The woman claims she is allergic to the cats and if they walk across her yard, it bothers her - BUT, her kids will call them over to play with them, which is why they go into her yard. While my daughter was talking with the animal control officer, four or five loose dogs were running around - and there is a leash law for dogs- and he did nothing.

I better go knit some more. Its chilly here, so I may make myself a cup of hot tea, sit by the fish tank and knit some. I COULD do some cleaning...but why?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #93  

Hello ladies......

I feell like I am nothing but a taxi service this week. Remember I told you my ds got a DUI last winter. Well, he is just now getting it taken care of. Because of his job, they just kept postponing it. We spent 2 days in court, and with the guilty verdict comes all the other crap!! I have been running all week. He had to be picked up at the bus depot on Saturday afternoon because they had to do some on loading of the ship last week, then had to be taken to jail on Monday, then picked up on Wednesday. Today was his alcohol evaluation. On Saturday he has to be taken back to the bus depot for another week of on loading. Then I will have to pick him back up when he get done........ There is another trip back before the Judge, then a DUI victims panel.......it seems the list goes on and on.

Today was Rosauer's wine and cheese sale and while I was deciding on a couple of bottles I started laughing out loud......Bill picked right up on it and started laughing too. Here we were picking up all this wine when he had just finished his eval........"No sir, there is not a problem with drinking in our family......." These wines will last me along time, but I am hinting for a wine rack for Xmas!! If I already have all the wine.....maybe they will get the hint.

Eating has been very good for me.......I am patting myself on the back here. I did miss Tuesdays exercise, but hit it really hard yesterday and today. My pants are starting to feel loser, so am hoping I am on my way again.

Monet-- Not getting a lot of sleep here either. I hate it when I don't drift right off to sleep. Hope you are feeling better this afternoon.

Muncher-- Ditto......hope you are feeling much better too.

Toni-- Sounds like your lady is missing you alot the last couple of weeks.........cleaning the bathroom is the worst job!! And even worse when you live in a house with all men.......

Talitha-- Congrats, I hope the morning sickness passes quickly!

BOB-- Hope that you too, will be feeling better. What is going around on that side of the US??

Tech-- Thank you, I am really excited over this, I always wanted a daughter. Now I have one, and don't have to do all the work. What more could I ask for??

Last edited by Teensybean; 11-10-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #94  

Talitha- Congratulations!! How exciting !
Old 11-11-2005, 08:24 AM   #95  

Good morning! I just have a minute to say hi! I need to go hop in the shower and get ready to leave to go meet Talitha.

I really ought to make a list, and I will no doubt forget something, but I am running late here!

Breakfast was scrambled eggs and bacon with coffee.

I got another five inches knitted...so I am definitely half way now. Maybe a bit more than that.

Later!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:10 AM   #96  

Good morning....

Just getting ready to go in and get my exercise done. Planning on lots of housework this morning since I don't have too much running around to do. I do have to go in for a one day sale, they have bacon on really cheap, so I am going to see if they will sell a case of it.

Monet-- Have a great day with Talitha, give her hugs from all of us. I just love it when we are able to meet our sb friends. I was lucky enough to live close to Carrie. We are planning another meet this spring when she gets moved back up here. When she is not in school she is only about 20 miles away.

Well, I am going to go get it done......see you all later.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #97  

Good morning SB Superstars!

I am feeling LOTS better this morning. I am thinking that it may have been stress-related stomach stuff yesterday. I do tend to get that from time to time, although its been quite a long time since I have. We have a lot of financial issues right now. We are not behind in anything, but we are scraping by, and then our van broke down the other day and we had to pile another 600 bucks on the credit card because we had no other place to get it from!!! That combined with the fact that we live in the city and our schools here are lousy, so I'm sending my kids to a private Christian school. I LOVE that school. Hannah is thriving there and Leah starts next year. I am just flipping that if I can't afford to send them there, they will have to go to the city schools. We are taking every bit of our $ and putting it toward their education- we even have a bathroom that is falling apart, but that is on hold for the kids. Anyhow- I think maybe with all that, I was just really stressed, and it showed up in my stomach.

I need to go shopping sometime soon-I have very little veggies in the house. I want to try and go later and at least get some salad.

TALITHA- I know it is a shock, but I'm sure that after you let it all sink in and talk it through with those closest to you, it will soon be alright. I will say congratulations- even though that is probably not what you want to hear right now!

CINDY- Wow! Lots of step classes! Thats awesome. I taught step for 2 years- I really miss it. It is an excellent all-around workout!!!

MONET- what brand whey protein do you use? I need to pick some up. I have tons of strawberries from the summer frozen in my freezer for just such a smoothie!! I am inspired by you to get back to my crocheting. I haven't picked it up in like 2 months- keeps my hands busy so I don't use them for eating!!! What happened with your daughter's cat situation- that lady sounds like a fruit! You cannot get a reaction from cats walking across your lawn OUTDOORS!!! I am allergic to cats too. She's probably more allergic to the pollen and stuff outdoors than those cats! Give me a break!!! Maybe she should stay inside- not the cats???

BOB- The "BUG" was my greatest fear when I started feeling sick yesterday. I'm sorry you had it. Thats the worst!! Hope you are feeling much better for the weekend!!!

TECH- I think you asked me awhile back about the school I went to- yup Arcadia. Sorry it took so long to reply- I simply forgot!!! If you read my post about my new "birthfamily" - they are the ones who live in Massena(SP?). How far is that from where you live?

TONI- I had one of those "hungry" days the other day too. I kept wandering aimlessly into the kitchen looking for something to pick on. Thankfully I only had dried apricots and triscuits!!

TEENSI- How funny about the wine! I too would love a larger wine rack- I jus have one of those small ones that hold like 7 bottles. I guess that is fine- but I just LOVE the look of those ones that are essentially a piece of furniture!!!

OK_ well hats it for now. My girls are home and I have a dentist appt later on, so off to do some stuff. Catch ya'll later- have a great day

HUGS, MUNCH
Old 11-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #98  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HELLO EVERY BUDDY!!!

I went to work this morning and thought I felt fine, but about 10:45 a.m. it hit again! We've got 4 people out with this! I plan to just take it easy and dive into the CHICKEN SOUP!!

COLLEEN...Heaven knows what this is, but it's got it's toes dug into me! Let's put it this way....a year ago in October, I came back from vacation and it was all down hill from there. I was kinda hoping that when October rolled around again that it would be over, but NADA!!!! Keep your ears crossed that I can get this out of my system over the weekend and be done with it!

TALITHA...Did I read right???? There's a MUNCHKIN IN THE OVEN???? I know it's a bad time for y'all, but when the little critter gets here, you won't even think about that! CONGRATS!!!!

{{{{{{{{{HUGS TO ALL OUR NEW BUSTIN BUDDYS!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}} It's good to have you here with us. The weekends are a little slow except for us SEC FOOTBALL QUEENS, but other than that, we're usually booming! WELCOME!!!

MUNCH...I hope you don't get this...it's a killer!!! Retching comes from your toes and doesn't stop! Have a good weekend!

CINDY...did you get those couches yet???? IF SO...do you like them???

MONET...you out of school today????

TONI...STAY INSIDE UNTIL THAT NOGGIN GETS DRY!!! You don't want this bug!!!!

KRIS...Your kids out of school today? Enjoy your weekend!!!

THIN.... Have a good weekend!!!

I'm off to recline!!!

BOB
Old 11-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #99  

I have been on the phone this afternoon with one of our student's mom because the daughter is sick. Well, in our conversation I mentioned trying to go to Harry's tomorrow (in Marietta). She said "Oh let me tell you something you need to try...Agave!!" She and her daughters have been using it in hot tea, etc. and love it! Well, I guess I'm going to have to pick up some to try. Does anyone know if you can cook or bake with it?
She also recommended a store called Life Groceries?? It apparently is a organic coop type of place, with great produce and a cafe' where you can get all kinds of vegetarian dishes, smoothies, etc. Now, I'm no vegetarian, but if they have cheaper organic produce than the grocery stores, it's worth a look don't ya think?!?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #100  

Just a fly by. Got my grocery shopping done and everything put away. Now I'm pooped. Yippee I found the wheat thins that are legal. Got lots of good fruit and vegetables. Everyone have a good week end.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:25 PM   #101  

I just got in a little while ago from the market. Talitha looked good, Selah was her usual sunny, though active self. She got away from us a few times, but thankfully not for long! Jake was a bit touchy, and cried when he was left with me for a potty run...then was upset because Selah ate his corn on the cob...he finally fell asleep in the baby sling, and when they were pulling out of the parking spot, he was all smiles. Kids! We ate lunch there...their food is fabulous. I tried a spinach, broccoli and cauliflower casserole, a tahini and bean patty, and a samosa. Yum! I spent way too much...but got some GREAT deals! I am cooking beef stew for 50 on Monday, and got a 50# bag of red potatoes for $8, and a 25# bag of onions for $8! For $6 I got 8# of peeled baby carrots...so all I need now is the stew meat!

MUNCH: I use Designer Whey. You can get it at health food stores. GNC carries it. Its not the cheapest, but the quality is really good, and it is highly rated by sports nutrition groups.

THIN: I use agave for everything. Did you miss that? I bake with it, use it in tea, etc. I have been telling you to try it, I know. I am glad someone else has finally gotten you interested! BUT, do NOT buy the cheaper Mahadava (or whatever) brand. Get the Sweet Cactus Farms brand. It is made from the Blue Weber Agave, which is lower on the GI list than the other wild agave that the madhava brand uses. Trust me on this. You can also order online from SCF and its about the same price, even with shipping, as Harry's/Whole Foods. While you are there, check and see if they have an Indian grocery section. If they do, look for Chana Dal...it looks like yellow split peas. Its actually a type of garbanzo bean, yet smaller and cracked. It has a GI of an astoundingly low 8 or something close to that. Its very tasty and can be mixed into hummos, or spiced up as a side dish. I love it!

Ok, gotta go do a few things...will be back in a bit!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:19 PM   #102  

Bob- They said couches will be in in 10days( thats from last Saturday) I hope its sooner
Old 11-11-2005, 09:39 PM   #103  

I have been knitting up a storm. I got about six inches done this evening, and maybe another six this morning. I went and bought three new tetras, and a cory catfish for my fish tank. The tetras are red with black fins. Very nice looking. Dinner was fried chicken, and salad. Tom was trying to encourage me to get the knitting done, which I thought was sweet of him. I have a cat sitting on me, and it is hard to type, so I better go!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:01 PM   #104  

Yes, I know I can be abit hard headed sometimes! I've heard all the praises about Harry's and agave, just haven't found or made the time to go. We are going down toward Town Center Mall to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow and thought it would be the most convenient time to go. My life with two middle schoolers just doesn't leave much "ME" time anymore! We were at basketballgames tonight from 4:30-9:30pm while Sean played in the pepband. It was great, but I'm exhausted . In the next few weeks we have Christmas band and chorus concerts, two more dance performances and a couple more basketball games! I try to remember that in a few years they will be grown and gone and I will be beside myself with what to do with my time!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:57 AM   #105  

THIN: I agree...enjoy the kids while you can. Mine are 27, 24, and 19...and I miss those days! When I am teaching the middle schoolers at school, I am always amazed to think that I taught my son and his friends in middle school, and its been FIFTEEN years! Talk about feeling old! Enjoy Harry's...they have frozen ww pie crusts, and loads of other legal goodies! Look for the Lundberg rice chips. I just tried them yesterday, and wow! They are made with brown rice, and seem to be legal, and if not, are just barely not. Your kids might like them with salsa, or dip. I got the sea salt ones.

I am doing well on the knitting...just taking a break. Another four or 8 rows (its a four row pattern repeat) and I COULD bind it off, so I will do what I can before I have to leave for the shower! I guess I am like the moms who would shop for birthday party presents on the way to the party...with wrapping paper, scissors and tape in the trunk! ( I plan to use a gift bag with a baby theme...someone gave me a handful of them that she got and did not need!)
Closed Thread