Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 8-7 to 8-13

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...97#post1361397

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 08-07-2006, 07:08 AM   #2  

Good morning! It is MMM...metal monster Monday...or weigh in day. I was hoping to break into a new decade, but the metal monster is toying with me. I am the same. I DID lose midweek and claimed it, and it seems to be holding- so I am actually down one for the week, it is just not a new one I can claim.

I slept so so. I actually woke up at 4 - exactly. I was able to fall back asleep fairly soon though. Tom woke me up when he left at 6:30.

I think I will get dressed and head out for a walk. It is bound to be cool this early! Later!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:40 AM   #3  

MMM was horrible for me this week! But, dh and I went out for a walk last night and I have plans for a good walk this evening as well. Then tomorrow evening is my dance class. I am excited and humiliated all at the same time. I had such high hopes for taking off more weight over the summer, not putting some back on!! I also have my breakfast and lunch with me today, so maybe I can have a better day today and the rest of the week.

Craig has joined a pipe band, (he's scottish) and he actually suggested the walk last night. He says he has been getting out of breath just playing the bagpipes and will surely be suffering when they start marching too! Maybe we can come up with some times to walk together even if it's just a couple of times over the weekend.

Rachel and Sean are back to afterschool dance classes and band practice, so I'm hoping things will even out and I can come up with a workable exercise/walking plan. I need to adopt the slogan "Just do it!"
Old 08-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, from my overall low, I guess I'm up a good five pounds...but that low I was only at for about one day, but I'm leaving it as something to aim for. The way I've been eating this summer, I'm happy that I've been able to maintain status quo, for the most part, all summer. As long as I remain under 160, I'm happy for now. Once the kids go back to school, I'm going to be a walking maniac. My only excuse was lack of enthusiasm with the kids going with me, but my DOG will walk to the ends of the Earth with me...so once everyone is out of the house, I'm going to ditch these last 20-25 pounds for good! Actually, I've been thinking....if I don't get a job with the school by fall, I'm going to start a routine of walking the dog with Kyle to school, then continue my walk for an hour, come home, shower and start writing. I'm actually starting to look forward to it. Which means, I'll probably get a job at the school. Murphy's Law always works like a charm for me.

Anyhow...we had a nice weekend in the boat. Well, Saturday, anyway. It was a PERFECT day, except Derek got sunburned. He always jumps in the water before I can get the sunblock on him, then comes in and says, "Can you put some on for me?" But once your skin is wet, it all gets diluted and doesn't work...so he slept on the couch the last few nights and wanted to stay in yesterday, so I took the kids to the movies. I get such a rash with the kids in the house all day on weekends. So, with no boat...and not wanting to go to my mom's on the weekend (too many people on the beach), we went to see Barnyard. It was okay....kind of Lion King only in a farm setting. I always hate when kids movies have to be set around tragedy. But, there were some funny parts the kids liked.

My aunt and uncle bought a place a couple miles from my house right on the river and we went there for dinner on Saturday night. They caught a bunch of fish, but didn't know how to cook it, so I found olive oil, bread crumbs, milk and eggs and said, "Step aside....I'll take care of this." So, I made the fish and it was GOOD. Nothing like fresh caught fish!!

Okay....so for breakfast I had two scrambled eggs and a little each of cantaloupe, strawberries and bananas. Off to a good start. Let's hope I can hold out for the day!

Thin: I bet once you get used to the routine of fall, you're MMMs will be fine again. It's always hard to adjust to routine again.

Monet: I'M SURE you will be well into the next set of ten next week. You are doing AWESOME with the new meds.

Happy Monday to everyone else!! Talk to you guys later on!! There's wash to be done and clutter around to be picked up. I hate my house on Mondays...
Old 08-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #5  

Ahhh... It's good to be home. Travis suprised em and came home early yesterday. I wasn't expecting him until tonight. So we came home from my in-laws house. It's nice to be back. I had scrambled eggs with spinach for breakfast. I'm going to eat as OP as I can for breakfasts and lunches, but we have people bringing us meals, so I'm happy to eat whatever for dinner, if it means I don't have to cook . They actually have meals scheduled for us till the 31st!!! I'm amazed. EVeryone knows that Jacob can't have wheat or dairy, so I'm assuming things will be pretty healthy anyway.
So let's hope that I get some good loss in the next few weeks from baby weight. I have an appt at 2pm today to check my stitches, but I doubt they will weigh me. I'll get some batteries in my home scale and start watching myself.

I'm thinking the Dr may way that I can start walking a little bit. If so, I'll take the kdis to the Y and start walking slowly around the track a few times, every day. I'm feeling so motivated to get in shape. It's only been 10 days and I can't beleive how much my belly has already gone down. Seems more than with the others.

Thin- Isn't it nice when there's someone else motivated to get things going? I have such a ahrd time getting Travis to exercise with me.

Tech- The fish sounds great!!

Ok, of to get some laundry going. I've got to get caught up so I can get my cloth diapering going again.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #6  

Happy Monday,
Monday is my laundry day too and I have only a couple more loads to go.
Next Sunday we take older DS to college. It is really hard to believe it is here!

Tonight is going to be a taco salad and cantaloup.
This morning we bought new shoes for school and paid school fees. Ouch!
Just a fly by need to pay bills.

KayeC
Old 08-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #7  

I just got in from a run to Costco where I got frozen strawberries for Tom's smoothies, and a few other things. I found some Mrs. Mays Strawberry Nut Crunch and picked up a bag. It is pretty good stuff. The sugar grams were 8 per serving, but since it has strawberries in it, and the cane juice was about the last ingredient, I thought it might not be too bad. It is very yummy. I got a box of Larabars too. Pancho had told us about them a while ago. They are fruit and nuts, and no added anything. They are organic and raw so the raw foodies can eat them. I have had them before and they are all pretty tasty.

I am tired. I may take a nap.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 309/309/220

Height: 5'2"

If I want to make some bread and don't have any agave (and don't know where to get it), can I use sweet n low, splenda or something like that? Is honey allowed?
Old 08-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #9  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Didn't take a luch today so I'm home early. I know it's only been TWO GOOD MONTHS since school let out, but this morning these MOM'S AND DAD'S taking their kids to the HIGH SCHOOL were working my last nerve! I sat at my corner for a good ten minutes because not one person would move! I'm going to start going in at 7:30 a.m. and home at 4p.m. That will help the situation some.

KRIS...I HATE FRESH FISH!! I must have had a bad experience as a child that I can't remember, because I don't want any part of fish from the Lake or the River...now I'll eat the bottom out of the ocean for all the fish in there. All my family thinks I'm just crazy because they are huge catfish eaters...I always have to have something else..

MONET...I didn't sleep soundly again last night...Had I known you were up, we could have conversed!

MANDI..GOOD TO SEE YA...WELCOME BACK!!!

KAYE...I bought melon yesterday at the grocery, but have no fixings for the TACO SALAD...I fixed a big pork tenderloin yesterday so I imagine we will have leftovers tonight. I'll probably make Kate some mashed tators and do a hot pork sandwich for her.

TALITHA...Glad to hear you and the MUNCHKINS are home. I know you're glad to be there. There's no place like your own bed at night! LUCKY YOU with having meals brought in. My Niece's neighborhood in Louisville did that for all the new Mommys for a month after the births. I don't know if her new neighborhood in NC will do that or not. Be careful and don't do too much too soon...I know you feel good, but you sure don't want to get down and out with a new MUNCHKIN in the house! MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU START THE WALKING!!!

THIN...How cool that CRAIG is doing the BAGPIPES...I just love to hear them.

ALRIGHT...WHERE'S JACKIE????

Had some on the way home from work, but I see that the is already back out. I know it's probably really steamy out there, I'll wait until the sun goes down to take out the trash to them to pick up in the morning!

I'm off to see what I can get in to...

BOB
Old 08-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #10  

MANDI: The sugar or honey or agave is just to feed the yeast. Use sugar. It only takes like 2 Tablespoons for a whole recipe and that is not going to be much. Honey would be ok too, if you prefer. Splenda or sweet and low will not feed the yeast and will NOT work.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Guess I got caught. I got on here early and no one was here so I thought I would wait and the day got away from me.

MMM has me down, but the scale at WW is different than mine so I have adjusted mine to be the same, but last week's wt is by the old scale, ........ So I think I am down 1 or 2. I was down 1.5 at WW on Sat.

Busy night tonight, Have to run by the funeral home on my way home, mother of 2 ladies in my bunco club died. Then I have to get to the gym, get dinner, get to GNC as it is the last day for the discount card, the girls play VB at 8;00. I really need to go to the grocery, but don't think I can fit it in tonight. Maybe tomorrow night.

Weekend eating was pretty good. Not 100% but close.

Bob, I'm here, just late. I was saying today that I dread next week when some of the schools are back. Traffic is always so much worse. I'm with you on thecatfish. Can't even stand to look at them.

Mandi, welcome back. Yes I believe you can use the splenda in lieu of agave.

KayeC, I'm not complaining that I don't have school fees any more. They were always a punch in the pocketbook. Time flies so quickly once the get in college and high school.

Talitha, There's no place like home. Glad you are back. Take your time and don't rush too much exercise. It will come. I had so many dinners brought to me when I was doing chemo. You just eat what they bring and enjoy.

Monet, sorry you didn't see another loss, maybe it will come in the middle of the week like last week.

Thin, it's nice to have your DH walk with you. Makes it much more fun. That band sounds interesting. Once school starts, all the activities and running all the time starts again too. Enjoy your ballet class and don't worry about your weight.

Tech, now we are going to hold you too all that exercise and walking you have planned. I'm with BOB on the fish. I wouldn't even handle it.

Almost time to go home. I was wanting to eat something, but got on here instead. Hope the desire stays away for another 25 minutes.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #12  
Little Engine That Could

Hi everyone,
MMM has me down one pound. 174. Not my lowest, but on the way down. I have not had any sugar of any kind in over a week. I have also been reading some literature from OA which has been very helpful. I can see why I get the "crazies" every once in a while.

The contractor is still here but everything in the house will be done in a couple of weeks. We are having a big party on the 19th and he knows he has a deadline. We have decided to let him work on getting our garage so it is not always a mess. He is happy about that. Men just love garages!!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:50 PM   #13  

GATOR: Welcome back! You were missed!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #14  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GATOR....NO TRIP NEWS?????

BOB
Old 08-07-2006, 08:09 PM   #15  

Lunch was a bean burrito, WW tortilla. DInner was SOme kinda Curry dish with chicken and cashews. It was in a coconut milk base. DELICIOUS!!! I loved it and only ate a tiny bit of the white rice with it. So far so good.

My DR appt was good. Everything looking great. I'm allowed to drive, but he almost knocked me on the head when I asked if I coudl walk. He very nicely reminded me that walking 3 miles a day, 3 weeks after my first c-section caused 2 holes in my incision. I guess I had forgotten.... so no walking for now, but I can do light housework and even that feels great.

Ok, gotta get the kids in bed early. Short naps today has turned them into little monsters...
Closed Thread