Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 02:17 PM   #76  

Hey ya'll! No rain yet today, but still overcast. It's supposed to be partly sunny tomorrow. I will not know what to think!

I got the recipe off the box of barley. It was wonderful.

Chicken barley chili

14.5 oz can tomatoes, diced,undrained (may use seasoned tomatoes)
16oz can tomato sauce
14.5oz can fat free chicken broth
3 cups water
1cup barley
1tablespoon chili pwd.
1 teaspoon cumin
15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
15 oz can corn or corn with peppers (I may cut this down next time!)
3 cups chicken breats cooked and cut into bite size pieces
reduced or fat free sour cream or cheddar cheese optional

combine first seven ingredients and bring to a boil. cover and reduce heat to low. simmer for 20min, stirring occasionally. add beans, corn and chicken; increase heat until chili comes to a boil. cover and reduce heat to low. simmer for another 5 min. add more chicken broth or water until chili is desired consistancy. top with sour cream or cheese if desired. makes 11 1cup servings.
1 cup= 268 calories, 3.6 g fat, cholesterol 59.6 mg, sodium 698 mg.,
carbs 27g, fiber 4.7g, protein 32g
the consistancy was fine for us, we like it a little thick!

Well I'll go now and get some house work done. Oh Boy!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 02:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon ladies.

It has taken me all afternoon to get here. So far so good OP. The scale has gone done 12 pounds this week. Isn't that bizzare? I know it is water, but still it is strange that you can retain that much water.

I need some prayers. My DH is have some prostate problems and I am near panic stage. Can't get into the dr until the 14th. I'll be a basket case by then.

We have 2 graduation parties tomorrow. One which I don't want to attend at all. We will see. I will be legal though. I'm sure it will be the usual fare, ham/turkey/bbq. I'll eat lots of veggies and fruits. I do't have to worry about the cake. I don't mind passing on that. Plus I'm not in the mood to eat much anyway.

It is pouring rain here. There is chances of storms all weekend and next week. I want summer and sunshine.

Toni, you did a good job at lunch. Sometimes you just have to do the best you can and you can always just count the rye bread as your starchy carbs for the day. You are a good friend to go with your friend for her exam. Have a great weekend.

Monet, I threw away all the potatoe salad, pasta salad and baked beans. I hated to do it but did not want the temptation and didn't know when we would get around to eating it again.

Bob, I just heard last night that the hurricane season this year is supposed to be worse than last. Brother, how much can Florida take.

Thin, it's nice to run into a clerk that is so helpful and understanding. It will be hard for DS to make good choices when he is with friends. But once in the mode of eating right, he may make better ones.

Heart, good luck at the reunion, just keep thinking about gaining wt and really decide if what you eat is worth it. Do you have to take a dish? Make it something you can eat.

Crystal, good job staying away from all that good cooking you did. Sure hoep Tator doesn't have any trouble from the sting. Is he allergic? Hornets are nasty stings.

Kris, have a great time with the girls. Watch out for the rice krispie treats, they are my downfall too. Sorry about your bad headache and the bad kid.

Tmmgee, Sweettalkplus.com is another board. It's where I started but prefer this one 100% more.

Julia, how sweet about Jess cleaning her room. Hopefully she will develop good habits from all the praise. I have one like that and one not like that.

Have a great weekend. Talk to you all Monday.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #78  

Hi everyone.... Guess you're all gone for the day. I feel like I'm in an empty room... LOL Went grocery shopping today. I got some good looking king crab legs for dinner tonight. Yummy. There was also some young tender asparagus I bought. Break. protein bar Lunch- Ryan's. salad, chicken, broccli, cooked cabbage Dinner- King Crab Legs and I don't know what else. Have a good week end everyone.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:02 PM   #79  

I am back again...feel better since there is no rain today.

THIN : Thanks for the recipe, looks yummy. Isn't it nice or is it weird to not have rain today?? lol. Love it!

JACK : Sorry about your dh, hope it is nothing close to serious at all. Waiting for appointment is the hardest, I will certainly keep him in my prayers.

TONI : I am here!! I am here!! LOL. Isn't it strange how we feel about a message board...like it is a room where friends come together to chit-chat. I love message boards, they have helped me thru many loneliness and hard times. Menu looks great....yum!

Okay, got to go visit my "second" home..."Lowes"...lol. It seems like I have been going there so many times lately that I feel like it is my second home. The people there probably is sicked of me by now....lol.

Julia
Old 06-03-2005, 03:37 PM   #80  
Zanesgrammy

I Love V-8 too - and I think because there is so much salt in it! However, I would think its ok on SB.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:43 PM   #81  
Zanesgrammy

Default getting use to this board

I agree that this board takes "some getting use to" because it is one string/thread. You really have to dig to find a response to a topic. IE, the V-8 question - I answered it, but it was about 20 replies away from the original question.

Gail
Old 06-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #82  

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA today. I went to Walmart early this morning for 100% whole wheat buns, got a few other things for the party tomorrow, then went straight to the church office to do the worship guides. Got home, and Laura was in a talkative mood. She wanted to vent about a few things that have been going on, and I needed to listen. When she was done, we started painting the bathroom with Kilz2 to cover the dark yellow and ready the walls for the minty green. Then, realizing we did not have a paint roller or tray, I had had to run out to Home Depot and get some. What irks me is that I walked by them in Walmart this morning and thought about getting one, but did not.

Not much else is going on...

Menu: 2 eggs, four bacon, water for breakfast, lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich with radish sprouts, and a diet coke. Dinner tonight will be sole filets, probably pan fried, and some veggies...maybe asparagus.

I have beans soaking to make baked beans in the pressure cooker. It only takes about 6 minutes, so why not? I plan to serve them tomorrow. I am SO far behind on stuff to do, I will probably be up all night.

I will check in later...
Old 06-03-2005, 04:37 PM   #83  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

FRIDAY FUNNY

Toward the end of the service, the Minister asked, "How many of you have forgiven your enemies?"

80% held up their hands.

The Minister then repeated his question. All responded this time, except one small elderly lady .

"Mrs. Jones? Are you not willing to forgive your enemies? "

"I don't have any." She replied, smiling sweetly.

"Mrs. Jones, that is very unusual. How old are you?"

"Ninety-eight." she replied.

"Oh, Mrs. Jones, would you please come down in front & tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years and not have an enemy in the world?"

The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle, faced the congregation, and said:

"I outlived the *****es."

Old 06-03-2005, 04:40 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengjw
Btw, what is the hardest thing for you to get used to...as far as the format on this board? Maybe we can help you simplify it if we know of a way. You can access Sweetalk plus from www.sugarbusters.com. Best wishes

Julia
It's having to read 5+ pages to feel like i'm 'up to date' There's no way I have time to read that much in one sitting. Plus I like to pick and choose what I read and not HAVE to read all of it to be sure i'm not missing an answer to a question i found interesting 15 posts prior, know what I mean? My attention span is not good enough (prolly due to sugar addiction!) to follow 10 conversations at the same time. There's a reason I never liked to get my mailing list emails in digest format! LOL!

Last edited by tmmgeekette; 06-03-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:02 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. Whew, I'm finally home and unwinding. Man, it's been a day. First, the good news is that the scale was down 2 from yesterday, 165. Still 6 more to be back at my low of 159. I ate a late bf so I made it hearty to make it thru my day. I took wayyy too long in town today. I had so many temptations to battle today and it didn't help that Boogie kept grabbing at cookies, cakes, etc...but I didn't give in! But lunch was skipped, so I was ravenous by this evening. Boogie and I went to Lapinata and I had chicken fajitas without the tortillas(also passed on the chips), side beans with cheese, guacomole, and sour cream. I was soooo stuffed afterwards. I still feel guilty eating that although "legal." I literally ate every bite and so did Boogie. Afterwards, I wanted something sweet, but just the taste. So I had 4 sf lifesavers which did the trick. Unfortuntely, I now have gas from them,lol. For some reason, I've been swelling the past couple of hours. I will be upset if the scale reads above 165 tomorrow. Yes, I know it will only be fluid retention, but it still will be disheartening. Alright, I'm getting tired...

Menu:

Late bf(10:30)- 2 eggs, 2 sl bacon, 1 sl buttered toast and 1 cup skim milk
Supper- chicken fajitas with beans and cheese plus all toppings(no tortillas)
Dessert- 4 sf lifesavers

Oh yea, I had wayyy too many diet cokes, which may have something to do with my swelling?

Jack-k- Wow, 12 pounds. It sucks being the lucky one to retain fluid. I've taken off 7 myself since Tues AM. I know that at least 4 of that was strictly fluid.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:04 PM   #86  

Evening everyone! Dinner was some of the baked beans, pan fried sole filet, and brussel sprouts cooked in the pressure cooker. Tom likes them really well done and they were perfect!

Tonight, the wall board went up over the holes in the wall in the hall bathroom. If Tom can get it spackled tonight and then primed, he will be able to re-seat the toilet before the party at 1pm tomorrow! The house is a wreck because I have been busy with other things, so I am going to be one busy girl tomorrow. I am praying for sunshine! That way, everyone can be outside! I need to get off here and get busy, so I will check in tomorrow night if I get a chance...if not, it will be Sunday before I can get back! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-04-2005, 10:31 AM   #87  

Just to let you know... This will be my last post before we leave for the beach tomorrow morning. I will not be back till next weekend and Mom and Dad do not have a working computer, so I'll probably have some withdrawal!!! Hope all of you have a great week!

Sandra
Old 06-05-2005, 02:40 PM   #88  

Just popping in to say howdy. We're having a nice week end. Its really warm here today. So I'm staying tucked inside with the air cond. I hope next week end we get busy on some projects around here. B- breakfast bar L- LC soup and grilled swiss cheese sand. D- grilled pork chop, salad and asparagus. Better go get me some water to drink. I'm really lax on it today.
Closed Thread