Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2001, 11:40 AM   #1  

Question

Hi, everyone
My husband and I are new and will have lots of questions. This looks like an excellent board!! already very helpful! Is there anyone else out there who lives in England or anywhere in the UK?? that would be useful as what we can buy is quite often different. I haven't been able to figure out if peanut butter (natural and sugar free) is ok. Is it?
Hope to hear soon!!
Snooks !
Old 05-27-2001, 01:19 PM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Welcome to the SB Boards! I hope you will join us on the regular SB WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARDS. When you want to reply to the board, hit NEW REPLY instead of NEW POST.

There is no one currently on our board from the UK, though ROSALIE will be headed your way next month to visit her family there!

We can try to help you figure out the difference in foods that we have here in the States as best we can-we love challenges!

As for PB, I make my own at home with unsalted Planters peanuts, dry roasted, just throw them into a food processor and wait til it's smooth - you can buy any natural PB, just make sure it doesn't have any sugars of any kind in it

Good luck!

Debbie
Old 05-28-2001, 11:08 AM   #3  

Default Thanks Debbie

Thanks, Debbie
I will challenge everyone to come up with solutions for their English cousins!!
Thanks for PB tip. I love PB!!
What other things do people "snack" on? Are almonds ok? other nuts?
Cheers from England
Snooks
Old 05-28-2001, 12:35 PM   #4  
sef

Default PB

For those who don't want the trouble of making their own. Peter Pan makes a SF low sodium PB. It doesn't taste very good by itself but on a brown rice cake on SFWW bread it is fine.

sef
Old 05-28-2001, 07:15 PM   #5  

SNOOKS, all nuts are SB legal, but the key is MODERATION, just remember, they are high in fats, good fats, but still fat!

Snacks, hmmm, I eat all day long, so I really don't have many snacks-though fruit is the best snack I like to have. Do you have FINN CRISPS in the UK? They are a flat bread cracker. Those with some cheese are good.

I'm sure we can help you figure some things out!

Please join us on the other board, you'll get lots more replies.

BTW, you have some great SB legal chocolates over there. I have a friend who lives a few hours outside Manchester and she brought me some great stuff!

Debbie
Old 05-29-2001, 07:57 AM   #6  

Default Thanks

Thanks, Debbie
I will join the other board - do you mean the Weekly Support thingy? The chocolate, yes! If you mean the high cocoa content chocolate we can get here, yes, that is good - a lot of European chocolate is very high cocoa content.

Bye for now
Snooks
Old 05-29-2001, 08:58 AM   #7  

Yes SNOOKS, the WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD is where you want to be
Closed Thread