Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #91  

I just pruned a few roses. Tom will be so happy when he comes home and sees what I did. He told me if I did it, it would be like giving him the gift of an extra day! Silly man. The weather looks nice, but is dreadfully windy. It is not too pleasant to be out in the wind.

SEBRAY: They recommend Smooth Move or Get Regular. I found the Get Regular and got it! Its ok...you can use straight senna tea, but on the forum I read, some people were complaining of stomach cramps from it, as it is strong. If you can find organic lemons, get them. You will need a lot. I have some really big ones and it takes three a day to make 8 drinks. The small ones take about one per serving. You can use limes too. I mixed them, and it tasted really good! Also, plan carefully for when you go OFF the diet. You have to ease back into eating solid food, or you can make yourself sick.

TECH: Another pound! Hooray! Do you think vitamin C is helping?
Old 04-02-2005, 01:38 PM   #92  
Going to Meet My Goal!

well i managed my 30 mins on the gazelle for today....prob go back later for a bit more....after 20 mins i started to sweat and acctually feel it in my legs....im taking it slow on it for now...just getting used to the machine...after ive been on it regularly ill start going more intense with it

also i just realized that in my last post i was forgetting today was saturday....so i still have 2 days till my exams
Old 04-02-2005, 04:32 PM   #93  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

It's a beautiful day here on the WEST COAST OF FLA!!! No humidity, temp is in the 70's and a brisk breeze is blowing in off the GULF!! Who could ask for more?????

Feeling a lot better today..cough is more loose and I'm able to get some gunk up which that alone makes me feel better. Still have another week of antibiotics to take, but at least I will be able to go back to work on Monday.

THE MOVIES....

THE CLOSER....Julia Roberts....SUCKED!!!

FINDING NEVERLAND....EXCELLENT!!!!

BRIDGETT JONE....CUTE...predictable

Took these back and picked up three more...

VERA DRAKE

THE HI-LINE

LEO

I'll let y'all know how these are...

MONET..how much weight have you lost? I admire you for sticking to this...it's something that I can tell you in advance...I COULDN'T DO IT!!!

SEBRAY...you're really not that far from ARCAYNE...you should go over and see her sometime...and while you're there...you could always do some shopping at the outlet malls!!!!

ARCAYNE....GOOD FOR YOU GIRLFRIEND!!!! CONGRATS!!! You won't need the wagon after all.. KEEP IT UP!!

TECH....WAY TO GO!!!! A pound is awsome!

CINDY...sounds like y'all are busy up there...don't get too tuckered out!

I'm off to start supper...I'm thinking hamburgers!!!

The BASKETBALL GAMES start at 6p.m. and Kate is already gearing up!

BOB
Old 04-02-2005, 06:33 PM   #94  

Afternoon! I went to Costco and Petsmart. Got olive oil and dates, and other picky stuff. I spent half what I usually do though, which was great! I should have skipped the dates, but they are included in a lot of the recipes I want to be using after this detox. So, I will be prepared! And the first recipe I intend to make is the Charoset that is served at the Seder. Its chopped apples, walnuts, dates, cinnamon and a bit of wine. Delicious stuff!

BOB: How is Kate doing? I am glad you seem to be doing better! This morning the scale said eleven pounds. I know what you mean about not being able to do something like this. I did not think I could either, but if you tell me I can't, I am determined to show you I can! I am not sure if I will go ten days, but this is day four and so far, so good. The longest I ever fasted before was three days. I don't know if I will lose more or not. I can tell by being cold that my metabolism is slowing down a bit. I would go for a walk, but the wind is so strong, it might even blow a hefty woman like me away! I tried working outside, pruning, but I only got four roses done before I had enough wind!
Old 04-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #95  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Wind is heavy down this way too. Really blowing in off the Gulf.
Kate is doing better (thank GAWD)... I'm still hacking and will need another bottle of cough medicine called in for next week, but I really feel a lot better.
I commend you again for doing this...wonder though...when you start eating again, won't the water weight come back really fast?
I'm off to climb up in the four poster and watch movies...

BOB
Old 04-02-2005, 08:33 PM   #96  

BOB: Depends on how long I go. I am sure a good bit is water, but interestingly, my ankles are still a bit swollen, so I am NOT dehydrated! If I keep it up for 40 days, there will probably be some fat loss instead of just water. I feel sure there is more now than just water. The point though is NOT weight loss, though it has been a pleasant side effect. The main point is to detoxify the system and clean out the digestive system. Supposedly, mucoid plaque forms in the intestines and colon that can cause problems and disease. This regiment is supposed to clean that out and improve the digestion and over all health. By not eating, you body takes the energy normally spent in digestion and turns it to healing and rebuilding. I have felt health benefits. My joints are much better, and I do feel more alert and focused. The best benefits supposedly come after six or seven days, so I want to stick it out and see if its true!
Old 04-03-2005, 12:28 PM   #97  

Hello-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo!

Gosh, there is an echo in here! Where is everybody???

The sun is shining, and the sky is blue! Yay! And the wind is gone! A friend of mine from Virginia is down visiting a friend of hers, so she is going to come by today to see us. I need to go clean a bit!

Later!
Old 04-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #98  
Going to Meet My Goal!

Im here!!!!!! but only for a min....gotta study hehe....and beat the kids gah i hate waking up to kids with attitude.....is there a tea to make their attitude go away? hehe

hopefully ill be back later
Old 04-03-2005, 04:42 PM   #99  

Well, my friend came and left. I was a bit disappointed that she only alloted a couple hours to see me. She is down for four days, and originally was going to come over and spend the day, and go to church with us tonight. She called me last night and said she would be over at one. They got here at 1:30 and left before 4.

Its day 5 here in Detox land, and I am feeling pretty good. I have not really been hungry much at all. Once you have NO choices, it really is easy! (hmm, should I have this extra serving of ww pasta? No problem! The answer is NO! ) I need to go buy some lemons so I can continue tomorrow. So far, I have noticed two very big improvements. One, I slept like the dead last night. I have not had such a good nights sleep in ages! I crawled in bed at 12 and did not wake up again until 6:30. It felt great! The second is I notice a marked improvement in my joints. I was having some significant pain especially when going up and down stairs, but its much improved, and I caught myself running up the stairs earlier today. Yeah!

I guess I will go read or nap before church.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #100  

Good Sunday evening to all.
The weekends sure fly by. It was sunny and 60's today but very windy which made it feel much colder out. We got the kitchen floor done and just have to replace moulding and kicker board, but that can wait until next weekend.
At least my kitchen is back to normal.
My eating really did not go well on Saturday. We went out with someothers and had Chinese buffet ( A place I really dont like and so dreaded going to)
but I did my best. They were in the process of switching over from lunch to dinner and I was kinda mad because there are "better" choices on the dinner buffet which werent out when I was up getting food.

Saturdays menu
b- protein shake
s- 2 strawberries
l- 2 oz turkey breast , 1 slice of swiss, 1/2 tbl LF mayo, handful of almonds
s- na
d-Crab legs, stir fried chicken, 2 sm pieces of chicken with a coating, 2 crab ragoons, 1/2 bowl of hot n sour soup, chinese green beans ( those are so good) and I started to have a salad and..ewwwy.. I found a hair in it..so that was the end of dinner for me.
des- 1/2 cup lc icecream

Sundays menu
b- protein shake, 3 bacon
s- 4 grape tomatos
l- 2 oz turkey breast , I slice of colby/jack, 2 strawberries
s- 1 triscuit
d-3 Lamb ribs broiled, 2 creamcheese stuffed jalapeno poppers, romanine/spinach salad with red peppers and brocilli and ranch dressing
s-1/2 oz almonds
Old 04-03-2005, 10:22 PM   #101  

Good evening everyone! We got in from church a little while ago. I fixed a frozen ww pizza for the 'boys' and drank my lemonade. Right now, I am drinking my tea and getting ready for bed. Tonight at church something happened that was really weird. We had communion, and the wine and the bread are set out before church. We were sitting about half way back, which is about 15 feet from the front, and I could smell the bread! I was amazed! I am sure its the fasting that does it, but it was amazing to me.

They had a string quartet tonight for the music. It was lovely. I love stringed intruments. I wish I had learned to play one. My girls played cello and violin but both have quit now. It was fun when they would play pieces together for me.

Its been a quiet weekend here on the board. I hope everyone is doing ok. I am missing some folks. Like Teensy, Pancho, and Gator. I was hoping SEF would come back, and Fruit...

Guess I will chat with you all in the morning! Sweet dreams everyone!

Old 04-04-2005, 02:02 AM   #102  
Going to Meet My Goal!

well im off to bed now....finally lol....ill be scarce for the next few days because of school but know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers

night
Closed Thread