Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 05:51 PM   #76  

SARAH: I am on day 3. I started Wednesday. If you decide to do it, read up on it, and follow the directions carefully. The most important thing to follow is coming off the fast. You need to do it slowly. My neighbor loaned me her book by Peter Glickman called the Lemonade Diet. Its based on Stanley Burroughs Master Cleanse. She had it as well, but said it had glaring inaccuracies in it, and did not recommend it. (I would not recommend spending money on Glickman's book either..its a lot of fluff and not much information!) The cleanse itself is good, and does work. You can read more on www.therawfoodsite.com. There is a forum on there, but take what some of them say with a grain of salt! Also, don't do this diet for weight loss. Its for detoxing the system, and the weight loss is a side effect. I have a lot to lose which is why I have dropped so much. Others don't lose nearly as much. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #77  
Going to Meet My Goal!

just wanted to let everyone know that I happened to come across the lemonade diet a few months ago and downloaded it to my computer...it is in MS Works format and is 27 pages but if anyone would like it just send me a PM and i will be happy to email it to you so you can read it for yourself.....im acctually thinking of starting this myself soon
Old 04-01-2005, 07:40 PM   #78  
Going to Meet My Goal!

well i tried to upload the file but its too big...even zipped...so ill just email it to anyone that wants it...and i managed to convert a copy of it to MS Word for those of you who need it that way
Old 04-01-2005, 07:55 PM   #79  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Sebray,
I emailed you..but, it was from my work email address. Please send me a copy to my home address...you will see it in your email...Thanks thanks thanks!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 07:57 PM   #80  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Okay, well..I just got my email back.. Looks like I will have to email you from my home address..the darned firewalls here wouldn't allow me to email you from my work.

Sorry..and thanks again for putting it out there.

-Sarah

Last edited by SarahLL1031; 04-02-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:20 PM   #81  

Evening everyone! Whew glad this day/week is over. Now I can relax. Spent tonight helping dh put in a new dishwasher and tomorrow and Sunday we are hopefully getting our kitchen floor finished! Tomorrow morning I go to get my hair cut and hopefully a new style and then color done next week. Hope it works the way I have pictured !

Sebray- I have that problem too with my feet. Did you get a exercise video with yours? The one I got the lady doing it shows how to "rock" on your feet. It helps a little. I just have to keep adjusting them. I notice my feet want to move forward quite a bit.

Drumflower- wtg on the 15lb loss. Your doing great !

Monet- 9 pounds ! Wow. I bet that is exciting specially in just a few days time ! And Im jumping for joy that it is Friday !!

Sarah- I usually open two windows and read the posts on one and type my replies in the other. Makes it lots easier.
LOL I just read Kengjw post and she already suggested the 2 windows.. it works !

Fridays menu
b- blueberrie smoothie, 4bacon
s- 1 cup cantaloupe
l- leftover pork -2 oz
s- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
d- romaine salad with ranch, 6 oz steak, steamed brocilli, 1 slice ww bread and butter
s- 1 oz almonds
Old 04-01-2005, 10:42 PM   #82  
Going to Meet My Goal!

Sarah: ok i emailed it to you...let me know if you have any problems

Cindy: no i got the first gazelle (the cheap one ) so i didnt get a video with it...ive looked all over for his videos but so far ive only found them online my feet like to slide too hehe...i managed 30 mins today with no tingling so maybe its just the way i put my feet....also i think it might have something to do with when i use it...yesterday i did it at night after id been on my feet all day and today i did it almost first thing in the morning....ill keep trying it out and see if time of day has anything to do with it.

well i went to the store and bought a powered juicer to prepare myself for the cleanse...(if i decide to do it...if not, the thing makes awesome lemonade hehe) but i didnt make it to the health food store before they closed ... so ill have to wait till next week to start it

im gonna hop on my gazelle and glide for awhile....i drank too much tea today and need to work off some calories so Diet Power doesnt start screaming at me lol
Old 04-01-2005, 11:52 PM   #83  

We watched Spanglish tonight. Cute...but did not end as I expected. Good for them! I hate when its really predictable.

SARAH: Once you get that email from Sebray, you need to edit your post and take your email out so spambots don't get it. It is always safer to send a private message with your email in it.

SEBRAY: Don't forget to get grade B maple syrup! I have been using half maple syrup and half agave, and it seems to be working fine. What kind of juicer did you get? I got a Black and Decker 1500 on Amazon for only $25! It works great! Don't juice the peel, it makes the lemonade too acidic!
Old 04-02-2005, 01:18 AM   #84  

Hey there everyone I did go back to water aerobics last night, renewed my membership at the communty center and, as usual, felt great once I was in the pool. But I had a nice surprise walking in. Losing just this twelve lbs has made a big difference for me, I didn't get out of breath, didn't have to stop for a second, didn't feel my back start hurting. All of which had been happening before. I definately go on Tues and Thurs night, and if I can get up, Sat mornings
Old 04-02-2005, 04:12 AM   #85  
Going to Meet My Goal!

Monet: hmmm the one i got was from wal-mart (calm down it was me that went, not you :P ) its a Presto machine....and i love it...made some lemonade this evening when i got home to try it.....mmmMMMmmm...it was so yummy .... grade b syrup....can i get that at the grocery store? and what kind of laxative tea do you recommend?? and do you think i can get that at the grocery store or GNC?? my health food store has the weirdest hours and with my school hours i wont be able to get out there until next thursday

Arcayne: wonderful news about not hurting!!! isnt that what keeps us from exercising though....that is when we do have the motivation for for it hehe

well its 4am and i have been completely unproductive all day....so im going to finish watching the witches of eastwick and then head to bed...night all
Old 04-02-2005, 04:14 AM   #86  
Going to Meet My Goal!

Arcayne: just a ps...i noticed ur in TN...ME TOO!!!! i happen to live in greeneville...is that close to you?

ok NOW im really going hehe
Old 04-02-2005, 07:04 AM   #87  

MONET: Dang it, now I want a juicer so I can make fresh lemonade too! it's one of my favourite drinks! And a blender for smoothies. I'll have to make a visit to Big Lots this week and see what can be found.

SEBRAY: I'm up near Gatlinburg, about an hour outside of Knoxville, TN. You know, near Dollywood and an entrance to the Great Smokies. And realizing that I was walking down a corridor, or into the community center, and out to my car without pain or real shortness of breath made me feel stronger and happier. I want to be a strong bodied person, who can run down a beach or climb all over Dollywood when my munchkins visit. ****, I want to be able to walk stairs and hills without feeling eighty years old.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:53 AM   #88  

Good Morning from Detoxland! Day 4 has started off pleasantly. Well, except for the quart of salt water I had to choke down. Not pleasant stuff at all! The scale however, was encouraging. Eleven pounds since Wednesday morning! I feel pretty good today too. I slept better than I have in weeks. Is it a coincidence, or could it be the detox diet? I believe it is not a coincidence. I think the detox is having good benefits.

The sun is shining, and the sky is blue this morning. It is VERY windy though. The weather forecast says sunny today and tomorrow then back to clouds and increased chance of rain.

SEBRAY: You want to use Grade B organic maple syrup. The B grade is not as processed as GradeA, and organic does not use formadehyde in the processing. Since you are trying to detox, you don't want to put more chemicals in! Check at your grocery store, and see what they have. In a pinch, Grade B not organic will be better than nothing. Do you have any agave? I am using half agave and half maple syrup and it seems to be working fine. I got my maple syrup at Harry's Whole Foods. If you can't find it, or don't want to use the non-organic, let me know. I could be persuaded to send you some from here. You will need two bottles to do ten days. The one I got was 32 oz and $15.

ARCAYNE: I am loving my juicer! I intend to use it for fresh veggie juices too. I have tried carrots, and I have celery to try as soon as I am ready to break this fast/detoxing. Apples are great in it too! I downloaded as many juicing recipes as I could find, and I think it is going to be a very healthy addition to my diet. You can pack a whallop of nutrition in a glass with juicing. I considered a juicing fast to detox, but the lemonade one was simpler to figure out. This one is going so well, I am sure I will repeat the experience soon! Way to go on the water aerobics! I am so glad you are seeing benefits already to the weight loss! Just think how great you will feel in another 12!

Old 04-02-2005, 10:08 AM   #89  
Addicted to potato salad!

Down A Pound!! Check Out My Ticker!!
Old 04-02-2005, 12:34 PM   #90  
Going to Meet My Goal!

ok got on the scale this morning and i was down another pound!!!!! so now i HAVE to change my ticker hehe

Monet: I think i have time to check out my healthfood store on monday...i have about an hour or so between classes and the store is by the school so i should have time....what laxative tea are u using?

Arcayne: I know what you mean about wanting to be able to do things without feeling so old...I want to be able to clean my house without having to stop and rest .... to be able to play outside with my boys more then 5 mins....

well ive put off my studying for too long and now one of my exams is tomorrow so i REALLY have to go now......wish me luck
Closed Thread