Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 02-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #31  

Forgot my menu for the day: B- peanut butter ww bagels L-chili and a salad S-dried apricots, yogurt D- leftover roast and a salad

Jack-K- Yea for the 2 lbs......
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #32  
Addicted to potato salad!

Is it WIW already? I hadn't noticed because the SCALE REMAINS THE SAME!!! Not much time for replies, the dd is back to school today after a trip to the doctor yesterday...no strep throat, so I gave her a half a dose of DayQuill and sent her on her way. The ds is back on track, too, he ate an entire ww belgian waffle for breakfast and is unmedicated and comfortable. He had a temp at the doctor's yesterday. So, now the dh is home...not sick, but doing paperwork, so I must go sit with him and get to know him all over again since he's been gone so much lately.

Bye guys!!

Kris
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:32 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

The board is really slow...I said I wasn't going to weigh until Friday, couldn't resist(unfortunately). I'm around 165.5, the thing never would settle on 165 or 166. That's up 4.5 from last week. Don't know if I can take all that off by Sunday or not. I'm sure going to try. I got up this morning and took Robby to work and Ashley to school, came home and did a workout and then got ready and took Boogie to Speech. Met Robby while in town and he found him a truck finally. I'm sick of having to take him to work and come back. We'll have the truck Friday, so I only have to endure a couple more days. Robby went ahead and got my Valentine's since I won't be here. It's a cute diamond and gold necklace. Almost choker style with the round chain so that my hair won't get caught in it. At first when I saw it, I was like, my neck is too fat and short for that. The saleslady laughed and said I had to be kidding. I put it on and realized that I no longer have a short fat neck,lol. Today I am wearing my fat jeans. I know there isn't any sense in trying to wear my regular jeans with my stomach looking this way. Definetly fat gain this time. Hold on..Boogie is hollering for me to wipe his butt!!...Alright, JACK-K..we're going to Philly because of a research study that we entered Boogie in when he was a newborn. It's a study to see if bypass has affected his brain, etc..they are comparing 4 year olds. It will be a day of testing his IQ, speech, concentration, hearing, etc..nothing invasive. They are paying for hotel, airfare, and suppossedly meals. We leave Sunday and will be back Tuesday.

Menu for the day:

BF- was 2 scrambled eggs
Snack- protein bar
Also had a couple small slices of sausage
Lunch- 2 bowls of leftover chicken soup(with a good bit of legal pasta in it)
Supper- will be spaghetti(no noodles) and salad made with veggies and probably cheese, Ranch dressing.

I've eaten more today. I just feel "munchy." I know it's my blood sugars trying to level out and that I will stick it out and hopefully by Friday feel back to normal. I've also had too many diet cokes and the caffeine has probably made me hungrier as well. I need to check out the weather for Philly...check back tomorrow.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:18 PM   #34  

Afternoon, everyone! I just got in from a few errands. I went to Curves to hear a presentation by a Naturopathic doctor on natural progesterine. I bought a tube of it to try. Many of my symptoms, like my uterine fibroids, are signs of estrogen dominance, and one big one is weight gain and inability to lose. We shall see. I will give it a couple months and if it helps, great. If it doesn't, I will be out some money, but not too much.

After I left Curves, I was driving by the shopping center that has Linens and Things and decided to stop. I bought a Joyce Chen 14" flat bottomed wok, with a bonus 8" stir fry pan. While I was there, I stopped in Pier One and got two more of my cobalt glasses and found some chopsticks and rests on sale, and got them. Now if I just had a nice cobalt blue table cloth....I should have looked at Linens and Things and did not think about it. All my dishes are cobalt and white, so they would look nice on cobalt. I guess white would be ok too.

I feel like such a slob today. I did not even make my bed! Please don't tell Flylady on me! I am about to go down and unload the dishwasher so I can clean the kitchen. I made almond cookies today, and the first batch I used fructose in. BIG mistake. It browns easily and the cookies all burned. I made a second batch with granulated sugar and they turned out beautiful.

Be back in a bit!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:39 PM   #35  

Couldn't ge the car inspected today, so managed to walk for 40 mins on the TM and then do 50 crunches on the ab lounger. Bowling is later tonight. Have a great evening everyone!

Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #36  

Well, dang. I just managed to burn my Cantonese Roast pork by forgetting it in a 400 degree oven! I suppose if it is dry, I can chop it up and use it for roast pork buns. I feel like such a ditz!

I was feeling terribly sick, then realized the reason! I had forgotten to eat any lunch! Definitely NOT like me! haha! I ate some leftover roast beef, and now I feel better.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #37  

Well I weighed yesterday and was down 1 1/2 pounds and then I had to get on the scale today to see if I was on a roll and was up 1/2 a pound from the 1 1/2 loss lol . I try only to weigh once a week if even that .

congrats Monet on your loss !!
Jack-k you too !!

todays menu:
breakfast- 2 eggs, 3 bacon, 1 slice of ww lc toast
s- 1cup grapes
lunch- turkey roll ups with swiss, 2 triscuits
s- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon
s- 1 oz pumpkin seeds
dinner- hamburger patty on 1 slice ww lc bread, mustard and LF mayo, romaine salad with red pepper slices and LF ranch
s- plain yogurt with 1/4 cup blueberries
s- a couple almonds
Cindylcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:21 AM   #38  

Congrats everyone on their losses! I know you're not supposed to, but I weigh every day, that way I can see if I need to hold off on something for that day, i.e. starches, etc. So I'm down a pound from yesterday according to my scales. I have to take my 4 month old to the doc today for her checkup and 4 shots! Then she will be clingy and cranky all day long, so I doubt there will be much excersise for me today. Unless its walking around with a little one!!! Good luck and an OP day to all!!
angelnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:48 AM   #39  

Good Morning! I am still stuffy and achy this morning. I think I am better though. I have so much to do now, since I was not up to snuff the last few days, that I am starting to feel panicked.

I slept like a log last night. Tom told me I have never snored louder! He went and slept in the office to get away from the noise! I may crawl back into bed for a while now, since I am sure I need the rest. Tom slept all day and all night Monday and was better on Tuesday.

ANGEL: I say count carrying the baby around as weight lifting! Seriously, that is the most important thing to do...they grow up so fast. Seems like just yesterday mine were small, and now they are 26, 23 and 18. I would love to have them small again, and wanting to be held by me!

CINDY: Don't you hate it when the scale does that? I will get all excited about a loss, then weigh again to enjoy it, and find its gone! I guess that is why everyone recommends weighing only once a week!

I know I should do more replies, but I am going to take advantage of the time I have and go lay down and try and rest a bit..... will be back later!

Old 02-10-2005, 09:17 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Thursday morning ladies.

It is snowing here. I don't think they are calling for any accumulation and it is supposed to be in the 50's Sat. Which is good b/c we are going to Lexington to the UK/GA game.

Got in good exercise last night. 20 minutes of TM and 25 min of wt training for legs. My thighs and but are my biggest parts. I know you can't spot reduce but I really try to do some firming in those areas.

They are moving my aunt to a nursing home today for rehab. Don't know if this will be a permanent thing or not. GUess it will depend. At least the NH is only 5 minutes from my house and my niece works there too so she can see her every day.

Tech, don't worry too much about that scale, it is so fickle. Glad the kids are better.

Heartmom, that sounds like an interesting trip for Boogie. I'm sure you are anxious to get the results. Your valentine sounds pretty.

Monet, sorry about the cookies and the roast. i had one in the crock pot and left it too ong and it was very dry. Sounds like you got some bargains. Feeling better?

Barbara, I don't think I'll ever catch up to your 40 min on the treadmill. I'm envious.

Cindy, congrats on your loss. Weighing once a week or less is a good thing.

Angelnic, I ususally weigh every day too. I know you shouldn't and it depresses me daily, but I do. I like to plan my food around it too.

Got to get busy. Be back later.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #41  

Hello everyone. Just popping in to see how you all are doing. All is fine here. Did my Treadmill this morning and even used my hand weights to try and get in some more exercise. My friend started a gym in her basement. Shes got quite a few nice machines down there. Being in a small rural town we don't have a gym here so this is great. Hope I can get into a routine of going there two or three times a week. B- 1/2 ww bagel with peanut butter, apple juice L- chili and a salad D- spraggetti and a salad.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:53 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Only 3 pages! I don't have much to report. I woke up and got on the scale and was absolutely horrified!! I'm up ANOTHER 5 pounds from yesterday! What the crap is going on?!! I'm calling it payback for all my cheating and stuff over the past months. Sucks. And my clothes don't fit. I have 1 pair of "fat" jeans and that's it. I leave for Philly on Sunday. Not cool. I have got to shed some pounds between now and Sunday morning so I can wear my clothes. I'm avoiding starches for today and tomorrow. Drinking lots of water and cutting back(again) to 2 diet drinks a day. Something has to give. I feel like the good year blimp. Even my underwear is tight! Alright, here's my menu for the day.

Pre-bf...lc yogurt
BF- was 3 scrambled eggs
Snack- handful of lightly salted nuts
Lunch- a big salad made with chicken, veggies, a little cheese, Ranch dressing- 1 Diet Dr.P
Supper- spaghetti(no noodles) and salad with Ranch dressing. Cf diet coke

I actually feel a tad hungry, but I don't care I simply can't afford to eat anything that's not already on my menu. Grin and bear it. Well, I need to get off the computer and start supper before I leave for church exercise this evening. Where is everyone??
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #43  

Hi all.. its almost Friday !!! Yea!!
Just a quick post here ..heading off to exercise before I find out how tired I am , LOL !

Thrusday menu:

breakfast- 1 scrambled egg and 1 sausage roll up
s- 4 triscuits with creamcheese
lunch- romaine salad/diced raw brocilli, with 3 oz sliced turkey breast and LF ranch
s- apple
dinner- baked fish, twice baked califlower
s- 1 oz almonds
s- plain yogurt with 1/4 cup blueberries
Cindylcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:26 PM   #44  

Laurie - don't starve yourself! That only makes it worse. It's probably water anyway. I've had 3 pounds come and go like the wind. Good luck in Philly!
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #45  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

Debbie's Grandfather died this morning. She did get to see and talk to him yesterday, so she feels good about that. The funeral is Sunday. I wanted to let y'all know. Please send her an email [email protected] and let her know that you're thinking about her. She and her Grandfather were very close, and this is a big loss for her. Keep her and her family in your prayers.

Not much to report on this end. It's SEASON here on the GULF COAST and believe me...EVERYONE FROM THE NORTH IS HERE, and WHAT "AIN'T" HERE MUST BE THINKING ABOUT IT!!! We are as busy as ONE ARMED PAPER HANGERS!!!

Sorry I can't hang...but do know I"m thinking about all of you!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote