Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-25-2004, 06:07 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/25-10/31

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD.

Just log in whatever exercise you do and see all the good that sweating does!!!

Exercise every day and see yourself melt away!

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:08 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Hope to get on here later this morning to post, but until then, here's the
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
for you all to start the week with

THIS DAY

Today can be about the same as yesterday and the day before. Or, it can be a new, invigorating, exciting adventure.
You can try to drain as much value as you can from this day. Or, you can resolve to fill it with new value through your thoughts and your efforts.

You can complain that this day is just like all the rest, and struggle to get through it. Or, you can greet this day with enthusiasm and find positive, enriching possibilities that you've never seen before.

You can, on this day, be filled with resentment over the difficulties with which you're burdened. Or, you can choose to fill your heart with gratitude for the opportunity to move positively forward, no matter what may stand in your way.

This day can serve as an excuse to be miserable. Or, it can serve as an opportunity to fulfill the very best of your possibilities.

This day is yours right now. Choose to fill it with all the richness that life has to offer.

-- Ralph Marston

CHOOSE YOUR ATTITUDE

How much of your attitude is based on habit and how much is actually chosen? Is your response to any given situation based mostly on what you did a thousand times before?

Imagine for a moment that you could rise to a whole new level of living. Imagine that you could break free from your conditioned responses and live each moment as the unique opportunity that it is.

In your mind, step outside yourself and take a look at your thoughts from the perspective of an objective observer. Take note of all the times your attitude is nothing more than a habitual response.

Remind yourself that you do indeed have a choice. Your attitude is yours to determine.

When it's based on habit, your attitude can be easily manipulated by others, by those who do not have your best interest at heart. In contrast, when it's based on choice, your attitude can be a powerful force working in your favor.

In every situation, choose a positive, thoughtful response rather than a habitual reaction. It can quickly take your life to a whole new level.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 10-25-2004, 06:54 AM   #3  

Good Morning! I see Deb has been here! I slept well last night, and did not even take any pain meds until this morning! I feel like things are improving for me... My next big milestone is to be able to sleep in bed again! I sure miss it, since the recliner is just not as comfortable.

I have no idea what the weather is like...its still dark out. Its not raining, which is nice. I am planning on walking outside some more today.

Ok, its a new week, and time to turn over a new leaf! (its fall after all!) I am going to try and be very legal this week. Its not easy when others are bringing you food, but I am going to make the right choice whenever I can. Everyone, please help me, and encourage me. I really want to get the weight I gained off, as well as some more. I can't exercise for at least three weeks, so eating right is going to be really important! Please help me!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:50 AM   #4  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Wasn't able to get on here the last few days - days when ELI is off, plus weekends make it hard for me to get on and post. Come Mondays, I'm always far behind and it's hard for me to go back and catch up. Don't have but a few minutes before I have to leave the house and hit the road, have quite a few things to do this morning and no desire to do anything but go back to sleep - didn't sleep well and feeling the effects, even after some Starbucks!

TRANQUIL is coming for a visit!!!! She'll be here late Friday night, Nov. 5th and stay until Sunday night - short visit I'm sure we'll pack a lot in within those 2 days Hope I can get more done in the house before she arrives, not that she cares about how it looks. Told her I couldn't guarantee what MICHAEL'S room may look like, where she'll probably end up sleeping (there or the family room)

Cleaning was, for the most part, put on hold. BUT, do have to mention, if you have a BIG LOTS near you and you can find the 3M micro fiber cloth they have for $1.99 (mine is blue and says MARINE) this thing is AWESOME! I have recently dusted my TV, but just walked by it with the 3M in my hand and decided to clean it with this - OMG, the black that came off, it looked like soot! My cooktop stove, shining!!!! I love this thing and hope I can find more - looked at 3 other stores and they didn't have any

Will try to get back on here this evening. LAUREN has to be at the theater at 6pm and I think ELI is working late, so this will give me some time to try and catch up somewhat - hopefully

Hope you all have a wonderful day and a fabulous week!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 10-25-2004, 10:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It was simply beautiful here yesterday and expected to be that way today and tomorrow.

We did the breast cancer walk yesterday. It was fun mut not as nice as the first one. They interviewed me on TV but I forgot to watch it last nite to see if I was even on. Probably not, not a good TV interviewer.

Eating was good this weekend. I would say 95% legal. I really have no appetite. We ate chili at 3:00 yesterday after bf at 8:00 and I was not hungry the rest of the day. Really didn't have much chili either. Must be the meds. Not knocking it though.

BF was 1/2 ww english muffin with all fruit. Going to eat some strawberrier (5) in a minute just because.
Lunch will be an Atkins pizza as we have no bread or anything again in the house.
Dinner will be a meatloaf. Hope to be able to get in a walk after dinner. This is the last week for daylight savings. May have to get up and walk before work after this.

Monet, glad you are tapering off the pain meds and walking some. Light exercise should make you feel better.

Susan, glad the shirt sales were a success.

Deb, how exciting that Tranquil is coming for a vist. I know you all will have a greaet time.

Bob, I have a bone to pick with you. I saw you were pulling for Auburn to beat UK. Boy, if we aren't bad enough. I don't really think you had to pull for Auburn, that was a gimme.

Got to get busy here. Be back later.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:54 AM   #6  

Good Morning:

Gheez, I feel like I have been MIA for awhile.

I have been doing pretty good with eating...better with exercise.

I did get all five day of workouts in last week (M-F). I plan to do the same this week, as well as Saturday. I usually feel that 3-4 workouts in a week are sufficient, but with all the parties, celebrations, holidays, etc....I think a little more won't hurt.

Eating has been so-so. I bit my tongue while sleeping the other night; I don't know if I was having a bad dream or not......it's not really bad, but bad enough that it is really bothering me. I have been rinsing my mouth out w/ Hydrogen Peroxide so it doesn't get infected. Didn't you do this once, Monet? What's up with us? I ate chicken noodle soup last night, so I wouldn't have to chew anything.

I started today with a great BF (oatmeal w/ dab of smart balance, agave, flax meal, pecans, blueberries & cinnamon & small glass of skim milk). That should definately hold me over for a while.

Britt has 1/2 day on Thursday and off on Friday (parent/teacher conf); they are calling for rain. But, if the weather stays nice, I'd like to take the girls to the Zoo on Friday. I will have to keep on eye on that weather.

I don't know how much I'll be on over the next few weeks/months; it seems like this time of year is so packed with activities that I don't have as much time. For example...this week...today I will take Lane to the gym with me before we go get Britt. Tomorrow Britt has her PT session after school, Lane and I have a Halloween party on Wed. for my Mom's Club, Thursday Britt has half day and a PT session. Friday I hope to take the girls to the zoo. Saturday, we have a "hunt in the desert" which is a guided tour with hot chocolate, and trick-or-treat stations at a rec. facility near here. Sunday will be church in the morning, and trick-or-treating w/ my sister's kids in the evening. And, I have to try to find a time to get Britt in to her Homeo doctor. Not to mention the everyday things that I have to do....laundry, clean house, cook, shop/errands, etc...And then next week is November, and a whole lot of new stuff starts up. SO, I will check in whenever I can. I will continue to exercise, even though I don't always post, and I will do my best to eat as good as possible.

Monet: I am here supporting you all the way!!! You can do this. Once you get all healed up and can exercise again, I know you will be hitting Curves with a vengeance. You know more than anyone else how to eat, you just have to make that commitment to do it!!!! If you werent' always cooking for everyone in town and making so darn many cakes, it would be so easy for you. Temptations are high when you are constantly surrounded by all that good stuff. Hang in there....I know you can do it. We are all here to support you!

Deb: Good to see you! Enjoy your time with Tranquil; I am sure you two will have a lot of fun.

Well, Lane has been wanting me to color with her, play Cooties with her and blow bubbles with her for the last ten minutes, so I better go give her some much-needed attention.

Have a great OP day!
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:15 AM   #7  

Good Monday morning...

I am popped this morning again....lol. Dh and I talked until late last night. We watched Kate and Leopold together (yes, I know, I have watched it before...lol) and I was actually surprised that he sat right thru it....lol. After the movie, something came to his mind about time travel (yep, from the movie) and he asked if I have the ability to go back in time...any time and era, can I imagine myself doing it and what era, time would I want to travel back to? So, the conversation took off from there. I am a sucker for heart-to-heart talk about anything and it is not an everyday thing to be able to talk to dh about things like that since he always seem to have "goals" in his mind. We chatted until after 2am...lol. Anyway, it was worth it though...lol.

Today is dh's off day so we will most likely be going out a bit. I plan to visit a store (Aldi) to get their down comforter which is their this week's special for $45.00 for king sized) Then, visit Office Depot to get some filing boxes/stuff to organize our documents etc. The piles of papers in my house in horrendous and just looking at them, I feel suffocated. I am going to get those darn papers in its place!!! We might even take dd to the park in the evening. That's about what we have in mind today. Menu for today is not clear but so far, breakfast was 1 ww toast with 1 chicken patti and milik. Snack will be fruits or none. Lunch is still unsure but hoping to fix something simple and easy.

DEB : Good morning!! Thanks for starting the board and the info on 3M micro fiber cloth. I could use something like that my house needs a lot of dusting

MONET : Today's weather will be warm and sunny, about 79 degrees according to the weatherman. The next few days will be warm too. I am going to take the advantage to walk more before the cool weather rolls back. Monet, I am not sure how to encourage you except maybe think about "why" you want to eat better besides the factor of losing weight? My biggest motivation is the responsiblility I feel towards my body. Whenever I feed my body not-so-good food (especially in an amount more than I allow myself to have), a conscience kicks in. It is like I am feeling so guilty that I am not taking care of my body and that I am poisoning it. I keep in mind that my body is entrust to me by God and I need to take good care of it. In order for my body to function the way it is supposed to, I need to fuel it right. Eversince my pregnancy, I came to a realization that my body has a separate mind of its own and is incredibly designed to behave that way. It has its own self-protection/self-defense system from me (my not-so-good decisions). I was thinking, maybe it is because God knows that "I" or human is unrealiable and weak. We don't always do the right thing and we are selfish in many ways. Instead of thinking of our body, we think of ourselves. We will starve ourselves so we will look good, or we will eat not-so-healthy stuff (or even do drugs etc) just to feel good at that moment without caring about what we are doing to our body and yet, we expect our body to keep us healthy.

The more right choices I make, the more positive impact I will have in my self-esteem and self-love. I feel less guilty when I talk with God because I know I am taking care of my body which he entrust me and that is pleasing to him. It also goes to show that I am grateful for his blessing.

Okay Monet, after all the above is said, I am no where near what I described above but it keeps me motivated and I am trying hard every day. Whenever I treat myself good, I know and feel the joy of doing the right thing but it is not always easy. I think God already know that about me (my weakness). I find that if I only think about losing weight as a reason why I need to eat well, that reason doesn't stay with me for too long. I need more reasons to keep me focus. I don't know it what i said makes sense to you...lol but I am wording it the best I can. Sorry if I confuse you or anyone, my mind is strange sometimes as things keep popping up as I type so I just kept putting my thoughts down. I promised that I didn't know what to say when I first attempt to type some words of encouragement to you...lol. I hope these thoughts can help you one way or another. And yes, yes, you can do it!!! Pray for strength, pray for your ability to hear him when He speaks...just pray whenever... This is also a reminder to yours truly!! lol.

Alright, dd needs attention, so I better go. Have a good day!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:52 AM   #8  

Julia - what a profound way to think about your health and your body!! Reading your post just knocks me out! I have been overweight since the age of six, and am so .... DRUNK with thoughts about 1) how big is my butt 2) what does the scale say this morning 3) what size clothes do I wear 4) how much weight can I lose and so on and so on.... Yet what you say about taking the best care of something that God has given me is just like swimming in a cold, clear lake - wow! what an awakening!! It is something that I have thought of before, but never really put into words. Many, many thanks for giving me something to focus on instead of all the superficial stuff.
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #9  

Greetings everyone! My friend came over and we chatted a few hours. She just left. While she was here, we went downstairs and out into the backyard and walked around the pool some. She thought it hilariously funny that I was walking outside in my night gown. Now honestly, I would LOVE to walk in the neighborhood, but until the swelling goes down in the belly, the backyard in my night gown is going to be as good as it gets! One good thing...I called the doctor and she ok-ed my using my diuretic to get rid of some of the swelling in my belly and ankles. Hooray! I took one this morning and I am beginning to see a difference already. I weighed just after taking it, and again an hour and a half later...I was already down one pound!

Here is the menu so far today:
B- oat bran muffin (its legal, btw), 3 dried apricots, 3 prunes, 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, coffee with cream
S- cranberry juice (100% juice...this is to keep from getting a uti...often a problem after this kind of surgery)
L- 1 slice ww bread, ham, cranberry juice

Not sure what dinner will be. I think chicken casserole, and broccoli, but will let you all know.

KENG: Very well put! I love your perspective on taking care of our bodies. They are afterall, the temple of the Holy Spirit. Thanks for taking the time to share. I think concentrating on that perspective will be very helpful.

PANCHO: I have bitten the inside of my mouth, and my tongue. I can't remember if I ever did it in my sleep, though. You may find Zilactin helps. It stings when you put it on, but then numbs the area, and leaves a protective film on it, to keep it protected for a while. Feeling that pain, does it make you wonder why these crazy young folks want to pierce their tongues?

RUBY: I get all those thoughts too....Its amazing isn't it?

JACK: How cool to be interviewed for TV! But I would not like it, as I would feel very self concious about how I looked!

DEB: Have fun with Tranquil!

Guess I will take a nap now. I want to sleep in the bed on my side SO badly.... but I guess its the recliner for me.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:41 PM   #10  

Good afternoon. Just finished lunch and now I'm doing some laundry. I hope to get some house things done today. Its a mess from the week end. We went to Lowe's yesterday and got our roof coating. DH will get the roof cleaned off some time this week. Then probably next week end coat it. Yippee. I also got a new bunn coffee maker. Oh I love having a new one. I'm disappointed with my eating over the week end after I'd worked so hard all week being right OP. But I'll just have to keep trying.

Monet- We can do this. Now is such a good time when the seasons are changeing so can we. Today is such a big step in the right direction. You're slowly gaining strength, I can tell by your posts. Hope you can sleep in your bed soon.

Julia- Your post was wonderful. It really was such an inspiration. Have a great day today.

Rubyslippers- Howdy to you.

Debilli- Have a good day and a really nice visit with Tranquil.

Pancho- Ouch that hurts so bad to bite your tounge.... EEEEEkkkk

Jack-K-Good for you on eating. Hate you missed the interview on t.v. You might be a celebratey......

Well off I go.... Have a good day....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 03:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Nat, jump on when you can. THe neaxt couple months will be busy for everyone. Hope your mouth gets better. The tongue is the quickest part to heal.

Ken, how inspiring.

Ment, have you tried putting a pillow in the bed to keep you from laying on your side? I did that and leaned on it and moved my hips to the side, but was never actually laying on my side. Give it a try. I bet it will work. Plus the bed may not be as bad as you think it will. I have to cuddle up next to DH. I could never sleep in the recliner that long.

Toni, don't let your weekend eating get you down. Just pick up and go on. I'm sure it wasn't that bad. Today is a new day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:44 PM   #12  
Goddess

Hey!

I'm sitting in a coffe shop on a wireless conection so this will be short. I've been running all day and had to stop to email some newspaper ads that are due before 5 pm today.

Eating for me stinks. I haven't been able to cook anything and all I am eating is junk. I know it will get better once the eelection is over, but I'd really like to stop the bleeding now. Tonight won't be any better as I think I have two meetings.

Have you ever done something you've loved and hated at the same time? I love what I do, but I'm about ready for this election cycle to be over.

Have a great day everyone!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:58 PM   #13  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

First day back to work and man, am I pooped!! It will take me a few days to get back into the swing of things, but I've got to do it, the SNOW BIRDS are ALREADY showing up!!! That means.....MORE WORK!!!!

JACKIE....TAKE THAT BONE BACK!!!!! Here's a copy of the email I sent to Susan Saturday.....

You going to your game? No sweat there....but as usual, I'll pull for the CATS!!!
My game will be something to watch...read in the K'ville paper that they are going to try and serve Phat Phil the supeona this weekend...The Bama fans will be armed for bear (no pun) and this should prove to be a good one...remember last year??? 5 OT's before we beat them...it was a nail biter!
N

BAD .....BAD....JACKIE!!!! How long did it take you to complete the walk? Hope the weather was nice enough to not be uncomfortable!

Ya Know...GATOR might not be in as bad a mood as I thought.....ZOOK GOT THE HOOK today! They'll be looking for new coach......

I'll be back in a few....got to fix some supper!!!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 07:08 PM   #14  

Just snuck in here - ELI got home at 5pm, was really surprised since I thought he was going back to the store and would be home late, thus, giving me the opportunity to post. He's home, so I'm going to go spend some time with him. Hopefully, I'll be able to post tomorrow morning. At this time I have nothing pending.

Toodles

Deb
Old 10-25-2004, 07:23 PM   #15  

Evening! Not much going on here. I walked around the pool some more this afternoon, to the delight of Snidely the cat... I had worn my pedometer for a bit this morning while I was walking up and down the hallway...I got 500 steps this morning, so my total for the day was probably 1500 so far. Not bad for a sickie.

We are about to eat dinner. We are having chicken casserole and broccoli. For a snack this afternoon, I had a handful of peanuts and cashews, and a bowl of plain yogurt with agave. I also had a big glass of 100% cranberry juice. So, except for the topping on the casserole, its going to be a pretty much legal day! Yay!

Hope everyone else is doing well! I feel encouraged. I weighed again late this afternoon, and I had dropped three pounds of water! I love progress.