Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-28-2004, 01:35 PM   #61  

Afternoon! I have been reading and sleeping all day. What a bum I am!

I keep forgetting to mention that Erik and Ruth came by yesterday after his visit to the hand surgeon. The doctor was shocked that his finger is actually healing! They asked him if he had an army praying for him, for it was virtually unheard of for that kind of wound to heal so well. He is a happy boy!

Gonna get off here and get some walking in! Later!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:41 PM   #62  

Good afternoon...

I got home from the dentist appointment a while back. Half of my face is numb...lol. The cleaning went well and still have one more quandrant to go which will be a month away. That clinic is busy but I understand why.

Lunch is in the oven and should be done soon. I just want to get on here before lunch but won't be able to catch up until later. Well...hope everyone has a nice day!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:42 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. I feel kinda crappy today. Have a icky cold. Haven't even exercised today like I normally do. But I do teach exercise class this evening. I was 161 yesterday(up 2) and then I weighed this AM. Big mistake. It said 163! Yea, I'm a little puffy but this really ticked me off. Kinda set the mood for the rest of the day. Anyway, not much going on today. They still haven't made a decision about the house loan. They were waiting on 2 forms. I managed to get them there today, so hopefully I will hear something by Monday. We went and looked at a home yesterday. It was an older home that had been redone including the plumbing and wiring. They put in a new kitchen that was absolutely gorgeous. It had lots of custom built cabinets and all new stainless steel appliances. BUT I just found out today that it's not in the area of the county that is elgible for the loan...urgh! Oh, well, guess it wasn't meant to be. Well, I was just checking in..need to patty up some hamburger meat for tonight's supper. Hubby is suppossed to cook them on the grill while I'm at class tonight. My Mom is suppossed to pick the kids up and take them to Geoffrey's(toys r us) while I'm at class also. They are throwing a Magic Show for the kids at Boogie's speech therapy. They ought to have fun. Gotta go...
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:48 PM   #64  

Wink Work day almost complete!

Cannot wait till this work day is over. Going to get my little one. Boy, I sure miss him while I at work. Eating went well I ate a salad as planned and a meat patty with WATER!

Well I am off on Fridays so there will be no posts from me until Monday, so I havent fallen off the earth or better yet this plan if you dont hear from me. I have a busy weekend ahead, taking Lundon for his 6 month shots, b-day party on Saturday and SUnday. The one on Saturday is for my sister-in-law. My DH's family is really big on birthdays no matter how old you are. Besides all that I have some shopping to do also. I am a busy woman! Well prayers are needed, a little one...my DH is a youth pastor and we have been at the church for 4 years now. I really love living here, but my husband thinks its time for him to move on. He wants to be "stretched" more and he thinks he can no longer grow where he is at. (which is probably true, considering my DH is older than our pastor) Anywho, I was praying that we would not have to leave the state and there is even a chuch about 30 mins from here we would love to be at. So my DH called and just to let him know that he resigned from his position effective in December and we will be looking for a home church. Well the pastor (whom we know very well) called my DH to meet for lunch to discuss! We are not sure what they are discussing, but we are hoping (especially me) that this is an opportunity. My DH highly respects this pastor as he started a church younger than ours with 7 and now runs 3 services on the weekend. I think they have at least 1,000-1,500. So to get to the point, we are hoping for a position. You think we are jumping to conclusions? Anyways, I dont want to move my son just anywhere, so pray this is it. We have been looking so long.

Well gals i took up enough space. Chat later.
wanttheoldme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:51 PM   #65  

Just a fly by.. Things are hectic here right now. Hopefully we can get a stressfree week end in. We've been taking our little housedog to the vet and he has kidney failure. We've had him 13 years and it will be hard to lose him. Also the eye doctor found something in my DH eye exam that pointed to high blood pressure and possible blockage and wants him to see a doctor. So you can tell its a mess here. Haven't got to walk but one day this week. I'm sure things will get better....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:52 PM   #66  

Good afternoon:

Busy as usual, but wanted to check in and say hello.

It has been raining steadily all day. It's been nice and cool. If the weather clears up, we will be going to the zoo tomorrow.

I have been working on ribbons for a project for Britt's school. I have to glitter paint and put them all together by next week (50 of them), and it is not an easy project at all.

I put a roast in the slow cooker today with a packet of onion soup and a beer. I just finished shredding that a little while ago, so we will have sandwiches for dinner.

My Dh's birthday went well. Britt frosted and decorated his cake when she got home and wrapped his presents. He was happy and was in need of his gifts (work boots, tennis shoes & slippers).

I did not workout today, but will tomorrow and Saturday (that will be 5 days this week). It was cold and raining and I just wanted to stay in bed today. I weighed 120.5#s this morning, so I'm back on my way down (hopefully). I hope to get by Wal-mart on Sat. after my workout and get my Christmas layaway set up.

I wish I could post to everyone, but didn't take notes, and have to get the kids fed soon.

Teensy: Prayers and hugs coming your way. I hope they got all the cancer with the tumor they removed!!! Please keep us updated.

Toni: Congrats on the loss; you deserve it...you've been working hard on it.

Monet: Glad you are losing some of that water weight; I hope it stays off for you and you continue to lose. Everyday you will get stronger and before you know it, you will be back to sleeping in your bed and making those trips to Curves again.

Deb: So glad you were able to vote; it is so important. I have my ballet sitting here on the desk and have to get to it this weekend. It is a mail-in ballot, but I will have to drop it at a polling place on Tues. since I haven't completed it yet.

Well, I gotta run!!

Have a great evening.
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:22 PM   #67  

Just got in from dinner. Tom took me out to celebrate my two week post op anniversary. The bill came from the hospital today...$12,750! That is before insurance, so it will be interesting to see how much is knocked off. The drug bills were in the thousands, and the surgical area bill was over $6k!

Dinner was tortilla soup and a taco at our favorite restaurant. I just could not see me eating my usual legal poblano chili rellenos, so I got the soup. It was just right for a rainy cool night.

Now I am exhausted! I am about to go crawl in the recliner and relax!
Old 10-28-2004, 08:36 PM   #68  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I'm getting a late start here so I will be back tomorrow for replies....

Have a great evening

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:59 AM   #69  

Height: 5' 7"

Default A quick howdy...

It's almost 1 in the a.m. just sitting here reading how everyone did today. Colleen, I am so sorry about your pup.

Heart...hope you feel better in the morning.

Jack-K...We went last week and did our early voting. Sure beats waiting in the long lines. We are in the country so no long lines here for early voting. Plus I had to vote to cancel out my sisters vote...LOL She said she is going to cancel out mine...Let's see if she makes it to the polls...haha

Bob...how are you feeling? Better I hope.

Monet...Sounds like you are doing wonderful. Don't over do.

Deb....glad you got the chance to vote.

Poncho...hey skinny. ((hugzz)) I knew it wouldn't take you long to start going back down. The scales were kind to me this morning also. Let's hope it sticks.

Toni...praying for you and your hubby.

Wanttheoldme...praying you get a new position close to home.

Julia....((hugzz))

Ruby....shake it off. I wish I felt bad when I fall off the wagon. The only thing that happens to me is I want more.

I'm sitting here trying to doze off so I'd better get up and get moving.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:55 AM   #70  

Good morning! I slept like a log last night, but woke up with a cramp in my calf that will not relax. I actually spent about half an hour in bed last night on my side. I was not very comfortable though, and could not fall asleep. It was better than the last time I tried, so I felt encouraged. I got up and got into the recliner, and slept there. I will probably try again tonight to fall asleep in the bed.

A lady in our small group is supposed to come over this morning to help me with whatever needs doing. Its so sweet of her! I am going to have her change the sheets on my bed, and do a load or two of laundry. Not sure what else, maybe start something for dinner.

COUNTRY: Good to see you! How is homeschooling going? I miss those days...

BOB: Hope you are feeling better...

KENG: Is your face back to normal? I hate that numb feeling!

PANCHO: That ribbon project sounds fun! What are you putting on them with the glitter stuff?

TONI: I am sorry about your dog. I hope things check out ok at the doctor for your husband.

HEART: How was exercise class?

DEB: Good to see you posting some...

WANT: See ya on Monday!

Anyone hear from Gator? Its been weeks since she posted....I sure miss her.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:17 AM   #71  

Default Good morning!

Hi everyone! I've been catching up on reading posts. Although I haven't had much time to post myself. Work has been super busy, and then at home the hubby likes to monopolize the computer room(and it's really tight with 2 people in there at the same time).
Didn't weigh-in this week, didn't feel like it. My clothes still feel good, so I'll just go from there. My kids are coming home for the weekend from college and I have a big meal planned for tonight. My sister and niece are coming over tonight too, so it'll be a full house. I'm hoping to give platelets this afternoon too. I actually went home early from work yesterday and took a much needed nap. Hubby is home today claiming the beginnings of a sore throat. And I need to clean out part of the garage this weekend, I hate when it gets messy! Was also talking to a couple of people about the possibility of doing a couple of craft fairs next year. I'm hoping to try a couple of crocheted items in the next few weeks and price them out to see if it's feasible. I need to list some of my extra stuff on ebay too this weekend. I hope that I can get it all done!
Take care and have a good weekend everyone!

Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:27 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning.

Hope everyone is well and ready to head into a great weekend.

It's been busy here so not much time to chat. No big plans for the weekend. DH has to work tomorrow and I have to get my nails done. Can't wait as I am having lots of trouble with them from the treatments. Some are turning black, one is green and one is falling off completely. Nasty stuff.
We are going tonight to hear David Bailey,he is a brain tumor survivor. I friend invited us and tickets are free to cancer survivors. I think he plays the guitar too. Not something I would normally do on my own, but I fgire it has to be inspirational and maybe it's fate.

Ken, glad the dentist wasn't too bad. Theya re never fun.

Monet, glad you enjoy your dinner out. I just read in a "tip" book that if you get a leg cramp to lay a spoon on it. Let me know if it works.

Heart, don't let that silly scale ruin your day. Keeping fingers crossed for the loan.

Tonya, praying that DH gets the position.

Toni, hope DH's eye is ok.

Nat, have a great weekend. I hate to even think about Christmas shopping now.

Country, hope you got some sleep last night. Have a good weekend.

Wood, sounds like you are one busy woman. Drop in when you can.

Probably won't get back on. If not, have a great weekend and stay out of the Halloween candy!!!!!!!
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:56 AM   #73  

STAY OUT OF THE HALLOWEEN CANDY.....STAY OUT OF THE HALLOWEEN CANDY.....STAY OUT OF THE HALLOWEEN CANDY.....STAY OUT OF THE HALLOWEEN CANDY.

That is a subliminal for me, and anyone else who wants to use it. I only bought starburst & skittles and smarties....that stuff is not tempting to me. It is the "stuff" the girls will bring home...anything with caramel or chocolate or nuts...watch out!!

I am waiting to call the Zoo and see if they are too muddy from all the rain we had yesterday. If we don't go to the zoo, I will take the girls to the outlet mall to look around; Britt is off school today.

I was back at 121.5# this morning, but am not going to sweat it. I made Pumpkin Kamut pancakes this morning and the girls gobbled them up; they did turn out pretty good. I ate two medium sized ones with Smart Balance, agave syrup & cinnamon.

Monet: EEEEEK; what a bill. I hope insurance covers a lot of that for you. Had you met your deductible or any of your co-insurance prior to the surgery? I hope you enjoyed your post-op meal; it sounds yummy! I am dying for a full-fledge Mexican meal, and may have one here in the next few months. The ribbons are for a "5 Senses" picnic the 1st graders will be having. The ribbons will have blue "scrunched" up material backing with a white card stock facing that says, "5 Senses Picnic...1st grade....2004." I am gold letter glittering the full circle, the 2004 and a little squiggly design. I will them hot glue them to the blue ribbon backing and hang red, white & blue ribbons from the bottom. It is going to take me to the deadline to get all 50 done.

Country: Hope that scale continues to be good to you. Try to be good for Halloween and the weekend. I'll give it my best shot too.

Wood: Enjoy having the kiddos home. I hope DH's sore throat doesn't turn into anything too serious.

Jack-K: What are you having done with your nails? Do you get them sculptured? Maybe you should take a break from that if you are having problems. I used to get mine sculptured and started getting fungus type stuff growing under mine from the moisture, not to mention....they were getting really weak, and peeling and ugly. I stopped having them done about 9-10 years ago, and now have really healthy pretty nails. They are strong and look pretty good. I don't let them grow too long, just because of my lifestyle, but they work for me. Christmas always sneaks up on me so fast with all the activities going on. It's also nice to get in on the popular toys before they are gone. I want to get Britt an Easy Bake Oven this year; I hope Wal-Mart carries it...or off to Toys R Us, I go. Have a great weekend!

I will, hopefully, check in later.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:53 PM   #74  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning.

I am tired before I even get started this morning. Got to bed around the normal time but everyone was up moving kinda early this morning.

Monet..For the most part the kids are doing well in school. Some mornings I think they live to drive me batty. LOL I'm glad you could spend a little time in your bed. Pretty soon you will be resting comfortably all night.

Barbara...Clothes are a good indicator. I wouldn't worry about not getting to the scales.

Poncho...the kids don't trick or treat so I don't have to worry about the candy..yeah. Hope ya'll are able to make it to the zoo.

Jack-K...I hope your night out blesses you. And that all goes well with your nails.

The house is calling my name. I guess I should get and get some cleaning done.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:33 PM   #75  

I am not having a very good day. As some of you know, I was a pottery major in college. I have a straight studio degree, and yet I have not worked much lately. Many years ago, I won second place at a local art fair for a piece I made that was a round jar. I was rather proud of it and had it on the mantel. One of James' kittens jumped up on the mantel today, after being squirted earlier for it, and knocked the jar off the mantel onto the stone hearth below. It broke into a lot of pieces. Laura felt so bad for her sobbing mother that she spent 30 minutes piecing it together and taping it so she can glue it once she gets some super glue. It doesn't look too bad, but you can tell it has been broken. She gathered up the kittens and locked them in her brother's room to keep them out of mischief.

I feel tired and sore today, and its about time for a nap.

I wanted to let everyone know I emailed Gator and got a reply. She is doing well, busy, and planning a vacation to Paris with her husband in a few weeks! She said they are going to the GA/FL game this weekend, and thought the Dawgs would win. Who knows? Its been a crazy year for college football!

Ok, time for me to nap! Later all!