Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 06-16-2004, 05:54 PM   #46  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

MONET STARTED SWINGING THAT BAT AGAIN!!!! I GOT WIND BURN ALL THE WAY DOWN HERE!!!

Things are so so with me, but I swear, this low carb crap isn't for me. I think I'm one of those people they talk about in the book that can't do this way of eating! I feel as if I've gained more weight!

Looks as though everyone is doing well.

MELF....GATOR is in France for a month I think it is...she'll be back!

I'm off to make supper....I'll be back to check on y'all later!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:08 PM   #47  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Everyone

I ran the streets again today. I got my hair colored and cut, bought 2 pairs of shoes, and some stuff for my dad for Father's Day. I'm just trying to get all of my stuff done this week because I'll be going to work for my old boss next week while his secretary is on vacation. I'm going in tomorrow morning just to refresh myself with the new billing system. It's always fun to go back and see everyone - but I don't miss the job itself - just the peeps!

Well, I'll try to pop in later - see ya!

Missy
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 07:26 PM   #48  

Afternoon ladies....

Another beautiful day today.....that's two in a row!! Buddy and I walked this morning and then I have been outside working in the yard and garden all day. My back is aching so I decided to take a break. There aren't too many weeds in the garden, so I am just using the hoe. But I did have to get the shovel out and break ground and do some heavy weeding to make a new bed for some Blackberry bushes my brother dug up on the coast and brought to me. Don't know if they will survive or not but I sure hope so. The coastal regions get so much more precip than we do. But we have a year around creek that runs through our place so we have some shady, cool areas. I hope I got them in a good place!

Congrats to all you losers out there, and to the rest of you hang in there, it will happen. WIW was down 2 for me, but that is still up 2 from my low. I have been flucuating two to four pounds. Don't know if this menapausal thing has anything to do with it or not. I haven't had TOM for 6 weeks now. Not that I miss it, but I feel like I have alot of water retention. A real bloated feeling.

Eating has been good today.....I had to add back in my Fiber One cereal....can you guess why??? So I will have that in the mornings from now on.

B-- 1/2 c Fiber One, 1 BB Lite 85 yogurt.

L-- Small Taco Salad, no shell.

S-- Carbwise Lemon Yogurt Bar

D-- Grilled Pork Steak, Salad with V/O, greenbeans, and a SF Jell-o.

Jack-k-- Good luck on your treatment. Hope it all goes well. See you Friday.

Monet-- You are such a busy lady. Painting, cake decorating, archery, cooking class. Where do you find the time?? I don't work outside the home, and it seems like I barely get my basics done around here.

Rosalie-- Enjoy your swim, and your badminton. Those cookies can be killers......I put mine out in the deep freeze in the shop!!

Woods-- Congrats on the 3 pounds.....That is awesome, and yes, you definitely can make your goal of 200!! WTG.

Sef-- Good to see you. Just to let you know you are not the only one struggling. I have gone back to an Intervention phase of PP just to try and get my self straighened out. We can do this, just have to take one day at a time. Hang in there with me!!

Toni-- Next week for sure!! Need to get that breakfast in!! Cabbage lasagna sounds wonderful.....is the recipe posted??

Fillise-- Two desserts?? Oh no!! Been there, done that!! Having a diet buddy can be a blessing!!

Pancho-- Congrats on your weigh in. You skinny little thang!! It is nice for us to hear that all of our hard work has paid off. You certainly deserve those compliments!! If I get that recipe from Marge, of course I will share it with you.

Mef-- Nice to see you! Good luck with your surgery. Sounds like it is definitely time to have something done. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Country-- I am soooo jealous. I wish we had horses again. Riding is very good on your inner thighs!! Building fence is NOT fun, I don't envy you that.

BOB-- Stick around, we miss you. I don't mind the low carb woe, but SB has alot more choices. That is where I got myself into trouble. Need to straighten myself up!!

Fruit-- Shopping is always fun!! Wish I could afford to do it more often!! I know what you mean about missing the people. I wouldn't have our Tavern back for a million dollars, but I sure miss seeing our customers!!

Well, gotta go change my water!!

Last edited by Teensybean; 06-16-2004 at 07:52 PM.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:13 PM   #49  
Bustin' Buddy

TEENSY: Sounds like you have been a busy bee! We don't weed anything anymore - Terry just "weedeats!" I didn't plant anything this year so all of my beds just grow weeds and he wacks them all when he does the yard! HA! WTG on the 2 pound loss!

I was up 3 from last WIW - I've really been trying to be better but I haven't been 100% so that's probably why I'm up!

Well, see y'all tomorrow - or maybe even later tonight!

Missy
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:08 PM   #50  

Evening All

Checking in with an update on my menu for to-day:

B - Shreddies with 6 oz 1% milk and coffee with 5% cream.

L - Turkey kabobs stir fried with mixed veggies and bean vermicelli. 12 Almonds.

D - Two eggs scrambled on ww toast. Second piece of toast with fruit spread.

Sn. Few mini carrots. 1 oz cheddar cheese. Coffee with cream.

Had a busy day. This morning I swept the driveway and the patio, washed my outside doors and screen doors. Then went for a swim. Swam almost 1/2 mile. After lunch I zonked out in the armchair while watching tv. Slept for more than an hour. Felt like a zombie when I woke up but went out this evening for badminton and felt better afterwards. Who knows what time I will be able to sleep tonight.

Teansy - That was considerate of your sil to make the applesauce cake for you. It is hard to refuse when someone goes out of their way to make something special for you. Maybe get the recipe for later on when you are back on carbs again. WTG on being down two pounds this week. I think it is normal for our weight to fluctuate - I know mine can be up or down a pound or two even when I am eating op. I guess some days we retain more fluid.

Jack-K - Hope the treatment goes well for you tomorrow.

Monet - How was the cooking class?

Woodfrogs - WTG on being down three pounds this week. Will keep my fingers crossed that you will make it to 200 before your vacation. How long until your vacation?

Sef - Good to see you back in the fold. Sorry to hear you are still having pain in the shoulder. Hope you see some improvement soon. I know it is so easy to reach for the food when bored. Hope you can get back on track now that you are resuming more of your outside activities. Enjoy your new computer. I am sure you are quite capable of learning new tricks. I see we still have a SB chatroom - I just checked it out - although I have not heard of anyone using it lately.

Melf - You'll soon be back to your pre-vacation weight. At least now you are losing and not gaining. Good luck with your surgery on Friday.

Pancho - I don't think those two little buritos will cause you any problems. Sounds like the rest of the day you did fine. You must feel real good getting those compliments from the other moms. It's always nice when our efforts are noticed.

Fillise - Hope you enjoyed those two desserts. Obviously they didn't do you any harm if you were down a pound this morning.

Marie.
Rosalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:47 PM   #51  

Hi Everyone! Cooking class was fun. We had a few disasters, like when Erik's cast iron skillet broke as he was taking it out of the oven with steaks he had been broiling. Thankfully, it did not burn the floor, or we would have been in trouble! He showed us how to roast a chicken, and it was good. But the absolute best item he cooked tonight was pork chops! Oh man, they were wonderful!

TEENSY: See, there is where you and I are different! I don't DO the basics! Its amazing all the things you can do if you don't waste time on cleaning and laundry and stuff...

MELF: Thank you for the kind words. The board is not the same with out Deb, but then, its not the same without YOU, or Jack, or Fillise, or Bob, or Woodfrogs, or SEF, or Vmoore, or Pancho, or Rosalie or Fruit, or Country, or Heartmom, or Gator, or Teensy..... Deb has not posted with any regularity for over two months now. I am loathe to let the board die because one person is not here. I guess we all need to take some initiative if we want the group to stay available for support.

FILLISE: Am I gonna have to come to Auburn and do some hiney kicking? Don't make me come over there.... Repeat after me, Sugar is evil, Sugar is evil...

FRUIT: Its good to see you. Enjoy the temp job! And stay OP!

COUNTRY: I hope you are planning on posting some more pictures of the horsies...hurry back! We miss you!

ROSALIE: I hate waking up from naps feeling like a zombie! I do that some too, and I have woken up totally disoriented, not knowing the day or time. Its a weird feeling. Makes me crabby. How about you?

BOB: Don't you wander off again, now. You hear? Sarasota is not that far from me, and you don't want me to come down there!

I am tired, my friends. Time for me to hit the pillows! Good night and sweet dreams!

Last edited by Ellen; 06-17-2004 at 07:32 AM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:51 PM   #52  

Silly me...I forgot to post my menu!

B- two blueberry oat bran muffins, hot tea, banana, nectarine
L- salad with ginger dressings, two scrambled eggs
S- two blueberry oat bran muffins
S2- avocado, bread samples, ww pita
D- some roasted chicken, pork chop, rib eye steak, a bit of risotto
S- yogurt with oat squares

Too many starches, but all in all, not too bad. Nothing glaringly illegal...

Water: 96oz
Old 06-16-2004, 11:57 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. Gotta make this quick, I'm getting sleepy now(finally). Well, I made it thru the weekend....BUT...blew it BIG TIME on Monday. Let's just say I ate enough bad junk to go into hibernation. Why do I do this to myself Anyway...I just knew WIW was going to be horrible. But actually it was a bit surprising...I'm at 166. Still up 3 above my low, but not the whole 5 that I was up. I've been a good girl since Monday, though. I see we're posting menus. Let me see if I can remember mine...BF was 1/2 a small mango(found out I'm not too fond of them ) and a carb control yogurt. Snack was a boiled egg. Lunch was a pretty big salad made with lettuce, onion, cucumbers, a can of tuna, some cheese and Carb Well Ranch dressing. Had a sf popsicle for snack. I was really hungry at supper. Had 1 fully-dressed cheeseburger(wheat n' fiber bun), side salad, AND another hamburger patty(no bread, just meat this time). Sooo, not exactly the greatest, but not too bad, either. I've got to buckle down if I ever plan on getting the rest of this weight off, which of course, is every bit of my intentions. Out of the 3 years I've been doing this, this year is the absolute hardest for me. And just when I'm 20 #'s or so from goal. I WILL get there. It's long past time for me to get my act together. I'm expecting to be back at my low by next WIW. Can't type anymore...too sleepy. Talk tomorrow.
Oh, I did want to say a big CONGRATS to WOODS on breaking that plateau.. doesn't it feel great? How I lost all my weight before, was always in "spurts"...I would stay around a certain weight for 4-6 weeks, then all of a sudden lose 5 #'s or more..weird, but I guess that's just how my body works.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:21 AM   #54  
Goddess

Evening all!

Well I didn't even get supper tonight. My stomach got a little testy late this afternoon and I didn't feel like eating. I did have about an ounce of cheese a little while ago because I'm now STARVING, but don't want to eat anything heavy this late at night!

Monet--Um, if you came down here to kick my butt can you bring some flour???????? Your cooking class sounds like a lot of fun. What did he do to the prok chops to make them so delish? And how in the world do you break a cast iron skillet?

Heartmom--Time to get serious about those last 20--eh? I know those are the absolute hardest!

Marie--I keep telling myself that if I get off track and get right back on there won't be any permanent damage done. Since I've been OP today, we'll see if the two desserts show up tomorrow or if I minimized the damage.

Fruit--sounds like a productive day shopping! I hope you have fun in NO this weekend!

Teensy--I hope the blackberry bushes survive and thrive! I do like having the diet buddy, but otherwise the intern is taking some getting used to. I'm so used to working alone that it is driving me nuts having someone else in my house all day every day! I had to come up with a morning's worth of errands for him tomorrow so I can have some quiet time to think!

BOB--Glad to see you back! Got to stay with us! I can't do the no carb thingy--must have some carbs--those good ole whole grains!

Melf--I'll be thinking about you with your surgery--hope it helps! I suspect you won't feel like eating much for a while!

Country--Those horses are keeping you busy! I imagine they will keep you active too!

Pancho--You did much better with your banquet than I did! LOL!

I'm getting sleepy and the sooner I go to bed, the sooner I can get up and eat breakfast! I told y'all I'm STARVING!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 07:30 AM   #55  

Good Morning!

Not much happening here yet. The biggest news is that for the first time in almost a week, the sky is blue and the sun is shining! While it looks nice, it probably is a sign that it will be an oven outside today.

I am going to the DeKalb Farmer's market with daughter #1 today. I want to get some grapeseed oil. Its supposed to be comparable to olive and it has a very light taste. Erik recommends it for cooking. I want to be conservative in what I buy, but I love this place, and don't get there often.

FILLISE: A cast iron skillet will break if you drop it when it is hot. The handle just sheared off it. It was not the best quality. I am going to have to keep an eye on mine now! It was Tom's grandmother's, and a really really good pan. Erik has commented on how nice it is several times....

HEART: Its good to see you. I am sorry you are bouncing back and forth with the last 20#. It really is a struggle isn't it? And once lost, we have to be diligent to keep it off. How I wish I had been born naturally thin.

BOB: I hear you about the low carb stuff. It works really well for some, but not for me! SB works well for me, if I would just work well for it!

I am going to toddle off and find some breakfast... later!
Old 06-17-2004, 08:21 AM   #56  

Default Good Thursday morning

Hi everyone. Managed to go bowling last night, 3 games w/ both DS's, DS's girlfriend, my sister and niece. It was hot in the bowling alley, and crowded too, especially for a Wed night.
I seem to have an allergy, or a really wierd cold. I wake up in the morning exhausted, with all sorts of yucky stuff in my eyes, and feeling stuffy with a tickle in my throat. Hopefully once the ailanthus stop blooming it'll go away.
Slight deviation from my menu yesterday, but I think overall, not too bad, even if it wasn't all OP.
Today:
b- egg, bacon and cheese on WW toast(one slice)
l and s- carb control yogurt, blueberries, sf applesauce, 5 ww crackers
dinner- chicken and salad(although I may skip the chicken and just eat the salad)

We have one of my nieces staying over tonight, she's 5. I hope I can get the kids to go in the pool with her later today.
Have a great one,

Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:26 AM   #57  

Good late morning everyone. Congrads to the losers yesterday. I hope that will be me next Wednesday. I made some nice healthy muffins yesterday evening and messed up the whole batch. I put baking powder where baking soda belongs. I can't believe I did that. So I ended up throwing away a double batch. Knock me over the head. I ended up pretty good yesterday after not having breakfast Lunch: salad with turkey on it. S-yogurt D- Was cabbage lasagna. So far today I've had B- Special K cereal. I'll have some yogurt in a bit. Need to go boil some eggs for my salad at lunch. I posted my lasagna recipe. I must tell you my cabbage was a little tough. But I'm enjoying it. Well better go start the laundry. Everyone have a great day...
B- Special K
L-Green salad with turkey and boiled eggs.
S- Yogurt, Fruit
D-Cabbage lasagna, sauteed radishes(trying these)

Last edited by Toni48; 06-17-2004 at 01:37 PM.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:28 AM   #58  

Good Thursday Morning:

I hope eveyone is having a good day so far. The kids slept in until about 6:45 a.m., so I stayed in bed until they got up. It felt so nice, after only getting 4 hours of sleep the night before. I went to bed around 9:30 and fell right to sleep.

I weighed 119.5# this morning, so the burritos didn't affect me at all. I will be good today. We will be home all day, so I hope to do that 20-minute Pilates tape again when Lane naps, as well as my Thin Thighs video. I didn't feel like I was doing much when I did the tape on Tuesday, but yesterday my abs were sore (the upper portion), so I guess it worked. I will only be able to get to the gym one day next week (Wed), so I will try to work out at home a few days. I want to do good up until we leave next Friday. I don't plan on using vacation as an excuse to go crazy either. I may have a few indulgences that I normally wouldn't, but it's just food and not worth it!!! Remind me of saying that when I return .

Monet: Your cooking class sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy your trip to the market with DD today.

Melf: Congrats on the 1#. You'll get to the pre-vacation weight before you know it. Good luck with your surgery on Friday.

Country: Always good to hear from you. Enjoy this exciting venture in your life right now. Glad you didn't see the numbers on the scale go up.

BOB: Did I miss something??? Are you doing Atkins or PP or something like that for medical reasons? I don't see SB as being low-carb. Sorry if I missed something.

Fruit: Sounds like a fun day out. Enjoy the peeps at your old place of employment.

Teensy: Sounds like you had a productive day. I'm glad your weather is improving. Congrats on the 2#'s; you'll get below your all-time low soon!!

Rosalie: Your menu is looking good. Sounds like you had a busy day.

Fillise: So how early were you up for breakfast?

Wood: Hope those allergies clear up soon!!

To anyone I forgot, sorry, but I gotta run....the kids are calling.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 04:41 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, all. Not much going on today. Robby is at home sick, again. Not for sure if he got heat exhaustion yesterday or not. He seems to be okay until he gets in the heat, then he goes to sweating and throwing up. WOODS- I've been having trouble with my allergies the past couple of weeks. Today, my eyes are burning and watery, nose has a bit of a sniffle. I take Zyrtec, but it doesn't seem to help. I hopped on the scale this AM, and was surprised to see it down to 164. I weighed like 10 times to make sure,lol. SO only 1 more pound to I'm back at my low. I can do this. I'm ready to say adios to these 160's...I've been in them long enough! Menu for today...BF was 2 eggs and 1 slice toast(wheat n' fiber) with PB spread on it. I ate some leftover tuna fish salad for a "snack." A little worried about the salt content of it, oh, well. Lunch was a hamburger patty topped with cheddar cheese, mustard, legal ketchup(low carb), and a side salad with Ranch. I just ate a tsp of PB for my snack. For supper, I have Great Northern beans w/jalapeno sausage in the crockpot. Smelling divine,too! I won't weigh tomorrow since I'm eating carbs for my dinner. It should balance out by Saturday,lol. I never list my drinks, but I get a minimum of 128 oz of water a day. I usually drink 2-3 diet Dr.Peppers a day(can). Yea, I know...but at least I switched to the caffeine free. And I usually drink a cup of milk(2 % Carb Countdown) with my breakfast. Here's the simplified version of my beans...soak your dry beans overnight. Use your fave smoked sausage( I prefer Hillshire Farm), 16 oz. Toss in a couple of bay leaves, some garlic, chopped onion, salsa, green peppers, Tony's cajun seasoning, pepper. Combine all of this and cook in your crockpot. It's a tasty and inexpensive meal for a family. I also cook a pan of cornbread for the rest of the family. Well, my eating's been on track, but my exercise is slacking. Normally I would have worked out Mon, then got in 2 workouts Tues, then 1 on Wed, then 2 on Thurs, and 1 more between Fri and Sat. This week I've only worked out once on Tuesday and once yesterday. I have class tonight, but I'm still slacking big. I need to get my exercise and eating in sync with one another so that I can finally see these pounds start budging. Alright, that's enough of my babble. Need to find Boogie a wetsuit online for the beach next month. Without it, he turns blue and starts shivering after about 20 minutes in the water. Catch you all later..
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 05:40 PM   #60  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy ya'll!

I agree Monet I'd hate to see the board fall away. You guys are awesome and I love hearing from ya'll so count me in as one who is here to stay. How scary with the skillet. One time we got one too hot and cooled it too fast and it split right down the middle. Broke my heart. Of course I'll post some pictures of the horses....I'd love to show them off...they are like children around here..spoiled rotten.

Heart...woo hoo wtg on the good reading this morning. Those last pounds are a pain in the katookie..I know...agh...LOL Your beans sound wonderful. I LOVE beans. I'm thinking of making lentil soup next week.

Teensy....yes, riding is super but I don't ride...LOL Big chicken! I can only ride one of the mares out there. Hopefully it will dry up soon and we can at least get them lunged. They are getting lazy. Last time I helped Britt lunge that flat wore me out so I figure it must be pretty good exercise also.

Poncho...I hope you have a BLAST on your vacation.

Tranquil..I forgot to thank you for starting the board for us this week...thank you very much.

Toni...how did you like the radishes? I love them boiled. They lose all their heat and are kinda sweet.

Barbara....you don't eat very much do you? I feel like a snorker compared to you. *smile*

((Susan)) hope you start feeling better soon.

Rosalie...a swim sounds nice. I haven't been swimming in ages. Talk about funny...I don't swim well but I don't drown. I still hold my nose to dive in the water.

Hey Missy....those pounds will be back off before you know it. Just blame it on this humidity. I know it makes me swell.

Bob...I missed something...are you eating more Adkins like?

Jack-K...thinking and praying for you today.

Well time to check some email.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote