Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: In what type of dwelling(s) do you reside? (check all that apply)
Apartment 1 3.33%
Condo 1 3.33%
Cabin or Cottage 0 0%
Trailer 2 6.67%
Townhome 0 0%
Duplex or Triplex 1 3.33%
One story single family home 13 43.33%
Two story single family home 6 20.00%
Three story single family home 2 6.67%
Other (like YELLOWROSE'S tree house) 1 3.33%
I rent 0 0%
I own, but have a mortgage 9 30.00%
I own, free and clear 8 26.67%
I have more than 1 residence (i.e. winter & summer home) 2 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 08:10 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Yes, I'm back on the computer again. I'd rather get on the computer than watch TV, which is what DH is doing.

BOB- yes, they didn't have surgery to lose weight, but nothing was said about plastic surgery afterwards.

Teensy- Hot weather makes me swell also-and Boogie. When you're outdoors, you should increase your water intake. Oh, and the peppers are suppossed to be wrapped in bacon. So now I hope I can find some good lookin' peppers. I got all excited about finding some recipes that seems easy and don't require me to buy a whole lot of ingredients. Hubby told me to hush, he was tired of hearing about food.

I ate the fried cabbage with my spaghetti. It was a pretty good substitute. I'll be eating it again(I fried mine in butter).
Old 09-04-2003, 08:25 PM   #122  

Jackie - honey, you deserve a big freaking round of applause for managing to avoid 20 DOZEN Krispy Creme donuts! I don't even really care for donuts, but being IN the shop and handling 20 DOZEN... well, I would've been seriously tempted! That's just amazing!

BOB - still watching Big Brother? Honestly, that's where I've been spending all my free time... being a voyeur to those sick, twisted little hamster-humans!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:48 PM   #123  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Computer just became free but I'm off to bed tonight - early. Just wanted to give a holler and tell you I won't be around tomorrow morning to post, probably won't be back until late afternoon, going to help my GF and Aunt with the estate sale tomorrow.

Oh, ANGE, I'll post the name of the company with the PB FLOUR, it was the cheapest I could find.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 09-04-2003, 10:02 PM   #124  
Little Engine That Could

Pancho--50 pounds! That's a lot of carnitine.

Toni--I've been taking the carnitine tartrate for about 3 weeks total, maybe a day or 2 less. Anyway, I started at 1000 mg. and then after about 1.5 weeks added another 500 mgs. Then about 3 days ago I added another 500 mgs. so now I'm up to 2000 per day. I've just started noticing a difference in the weight, which has been impossible to come off, even though I usually am a "saint."

BOB---That was PERFECTTT! How correct that was about football. There actually is a pig shaped BBQ grill on the way to the stadium as we walk. It is huge and the "exhaust" is the curly pig's tail. And I hope that the Gators "get that sum--- and break his legs" when we play scUM. LOL!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:21 PM   #125  

Quick report on my evening....

We went to a seafood restaurant called The Red Snapper. It was pretty good. The waiter was not so good, but the food was delicious. We both got snapper, mine was in ginger sauce, Tom got it almondine. Both were excellent. We also got a appetizer called Oysters Sara. It was two fried oysters on a bed of creamed spinach. Made me wish I had ordered fried oysters, cause the one I got was fab! I did eat the bread they put on the table. It was homemade french bread, and very light and good. It was NOT legal, but that is the only non-legal thing I ate. I told them to hold the rice and potatoes, even! Came home and had decaf coffee and spent some time with my dear hubby of 27 years. Now we are getting ready to hit the pillows... I am exhausted ! I slept very poorly last night and did not get a nap this afternoon.

GATOR: Do you recommend the Carnitine yet? I am waiting to see what you think before I try it.

BOB: Have a good trip home! Where are you stopping in Georgia to get maters? Too bad you can't stop and say hi. I am only about five miles off 285.

LAW: Good to see you back! We missed you!

Ok, the yawns are getting to me! Sweet dreams all!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:34 PM   #126  
Bustin' Buddy

Hello friends

Just popping in to let y'all know that I did make it off of Bourbon Street this weekend. I've just been celebrating my birthday all week. It is today - turned the big 33! I'll be celebrating through tomorrow and then I'll be back on plan. I'll let you know how much I gain back - I know - I'm so sad! Isn't it someone elses birthday today? ZANNE - I thought it was you?! I forget! I just remember that it was one of you lovely ladies that celebrated with me! Well, I'll be back on board next week with horrible numbers I'm sure! Sorry about the stumble off the wagon....BOB - back it on up to my door!!

Love ya
missy
Old 09-04-2003, 11:42 PM   #127  

ok ladies I need a little help. I am at the no lose zone, and seem to be craving bread and peanut butter. I probably do not drink enough water after reading some of the treads on here. Is it best too cut meats to maybe every other day. Have more veggies and fruit. I was told it was better to eat bread with olive oil or butter on it than by its's self. My darn refrig calls me about 6 to 8 times at night and so far i only answer about two, for some sugar free jello, or celery with peanutbutter on it.
Jack k ...toni48...debelli...pancho...sef..thank you for the kind notes, I am beginning to like being a minority on here.

You all have a Super weekend , darn seems like we were just their yesterday.

Keep a pretty smile on your face and it will become catchy, beauty is only skin deep, real beauty comes from within and lets all get with the program and see if we can each lose two pounds by next thursday or more.

I knowIi like this board and hope to get to know each and every one of you, you have kind and tender hearts.

SUPERDAVE
Old 09-05-2003, 12:47 AM   #128  

Good evening everyone--

Here is my list of fiber foods today-- seems like a lot of food, but my total calories only came to 1309 today. Maybe not enough!!

Fiber One-14
Cantaloupe-1
Peanuts-2
Apple-4
WW Bread-2
Cucumber-1
Tomato-1
Nectarine-2
Squash-3
Broccoli-5

Total-35g fiber!

**Question** *I know that tomatoes are really a fruit, but should I limit my eating of them?? Or is it alright to eat a couple a day? They are coming like crazy in the garden still.

Fruit-- Sounds like you had a super duper time. Glad you are back. Hope the damage is minimal.

Monet-- Glad you had a great dinner. Sounds like it was delish.....

Pancho-- Atleast you are done for a year now. I just had mine done too, now the dreaded bills are arriving!! Thank God for health insurance!!

Heart-- I am drinking atleast 96 oz of water a day, most days more. I surely thought that was enough. You will love the grilled peppers if you like hot......the first ones I did were fabulous. The next batch dh got to eat because they were to spicey for me!! Would like to see your skillet pizza recipe, after you try it.

Superdave-- Why not have a piece of WW bread with some peanut butter, (nsa of course) and get rid of that craving?? Wouldn't that be better than finally caving and going overboard. It is perfectly legal. I personally think you need your lean meats everyday. You certainly need a certain amount of protein daily. That is what feeds your muscle. I wouldn't cut it out, just eat the leanest cuts. JMHO.

Sweet dreams everyone. Check in tomorrow!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:28 AM   #129  

Superdave - I regularly indulge with ONE slice of stone ground whole wheat bread and I slather it up with a good helping of sugar free peanut butter (trick, when you buy the "natural," no sugar added peanut butter, stir it up good to mix the oil back into it and then keep it in the refrigerator so it won't separate) and a thin layer of sugar free or whole-fruit (no sugar added) jelly. Obviously, I fold it over for a half a sandwich. It's a satisfying meal/snack that I usually have for breakfast while I'm commuting to work. The protein in the peanuts and the sgww bread together keep the glycemic load down and it does keep me full for a while. Plus it's quite a treat. If you're early on in this diet (I've been away a while) you would certainly not want to do this at every meal, but if you're craving it and you can keep it in check, substituting it for a meal with a salad and a lot of water could certainly be okay.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:40 AM   #130  

Good morning all- I'm getting ready to go camping this week-end. I hope to just have SB legal food with us so I won't be tempted to eat something else. Theres also a nice walking path where we're going so I'll be able to walk. I've got to do grocery shopping this morning and get so much stuff ready. Will go pack clothes in just a minute. Got my walk in on the treadmill this morning. Also a load of wash is going. We grilled pork chops and had ranch beans and a big green salad for dinner last night.

Heartmom- That was good on Oprah yesterday. I can't wait to see the 2 hour special with Katy Couric and Dr. Phil on weight. Wonder when thats coming on. I want to be sure and watch it. Hows Boogie today? I swell in the heat to no matter how much I drink.

Teensybean- Its good to hear your GM surgery is over and shes going to get to go home. I hope she heals fast. Wow you really caught the fish and I'm so jealous. Yummy grilled fresh trout! I guess it doesn't get much better than that. My DH is doing what yours is with his eating. I want to nag him but don't cause it won't help he'll just have to learn. But I'm sure not cooking two different meals anymore, LOL he's stuck with SB type meals.

Bob- Sorry you're going to miss your beans. It sounds like you're having a rough time health wise. Hope you get home and rest well. I love candles too. Those good ones that hold there smell....

Pancho- Hope you're feeling better today after your pap smear. I have that trouble to with the cramping and bleeding. It shoots the rest of my day down when I get one.

Amhlawyer- Are those your children under your name. They're just beautiful... OOOO I watch Big Brother too, I'm so hooked on it..

Debelli- Have a good day helping out with the Estate SAle. I sure hope it all goes good.

GatorGal- I think I'll check the price out of carnitine tartrate when I'm in town grocery shopping . If its not to expensive I might try it. Each pound off me is like pulling teeth....

Monet- Your dinner out sounds wonderful. And you did so good. What a nice anniversery. And WOW 27 years is a long time. Hope you get a good nights sleep...

fruitloupe- Happy Birthday and its great you're having such a good time. See ya next week!

SuperDave-I believe the water should be 64 oz. a day. And it takes a couple of weeks to get rid of the cravings. I wouldn't cut the meat to every other day. Maybe you could post what you're eating (your menu) for the day and we could help you. Are you eating more than two starchy carbs a day? Hang in there you can do this!!!!!! Too much caffine can also make you hungry to.

Well better go pack for the camping trip.... Have a great week-end everyone......
Old 09-05-2003, 09:32 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Had a chance to get on here so thought I had better take it.

I had cooked a pork roast wed for dinner and then Dh had the tooth cut out so every night he only wants soup or potatoes. So I am hoping the roast will hold over until Monday. SO dinner has been yucky for the last couple nights. Last night was 2 hotdogs and tomato soup. Night before was taco bell salad (no shell). They had KFC. No telling what tonight will bring. After happy hour we usually eat out. I made taco chips last night in case we go Mexican.

No walking this week. But I did get me wt training and added floor exercises. Hopefully next week we will get back to walking.

We have a pool party (gonna be too cold to get in though) and Sunday my great nieces' birthday. They are grilling burgers at the party and will have green beans so I will be fine there. I have to take an appetizer. Anyone have any good ideas? I'm tired of a veggie tray. I am taking caream cheese with this hot jelly over it. I won't partake, but it's something different. Still want to take something I can eat. Sunday shouldn't be a problem, My sister does SB too so she will have stuff for me to eat. I am drinking tea again at happy hour tonite. Worked last week. If I drink anything at all Sat at the party , it will be wine and I may not even do that.

I tried to go back and read the posts that I missed the last 2 days. Probably didn't do a good job with it. I get reading and forget to make notes.

Deb, you will be proud of me. I actually made my own taco chips last nite. Taking them tonight in case we eat Mexican or tomorrow to the party. They weren't too bad. Glad you founhd a walking buddy. It's makes it go quicker.

Amhlawyer, glad to see you back with us. One pound gain is great. Hey I gained 12 just in one week of vacation. Hope you hang around awhile.

Fruit, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I see you are celebrating it well. Next week you can buckle down.

Dave, if you are craving pb and bread, have some. WW bread with peanut butter is fine. Don't know about the olive oil. I have meat every day. Get that water down, it is important. Sometimes you body needs time to adjust. Hang in there. You will lose inches and sometimes not numbers.

Toni, have fun camping. Sounds like you are prepared. Gosh you even got on the TM with all you had to do. Good for you.

Angehaley, We moved in with my dad while our house was being built. It was nice of him, but very cramped with 4 more people. He liked the company though. Hope yous ell your house quickly.

Teensy, that 3 lb gain could be harmones or anything else. I wouldn't worry about it. Just do like you normally do and it will disapear soon.

Bob, have a safe trip home. Loved the prayer.

Jecrites, congrats on getting off the choloestrol meds. that is great.

Zanne, wtg on passing up the chips. You are doing great.

Ali G, Welcome to our group. This is a great board and you will gets lots of support. Please share some recipes.

I sure hope I get to check back later. Have a great OP day and weekend too!

Jackie
Old 09-05-2003, 09:58 AM   #132  

Just popping in to say & sorry I have been MIA these last 2 weeks. Looks like the board has been busy & there is no way I can even attempt to read thru 130 posts, so I'll just post this quick note then I'm out the door.

I worked an extra 12 hr shift this week for OT. It's just too much. I'm completely worn out. Even though the work is easy, 4 straight 12 hr shifts is just too much.

I did get a relief for almost 2 hrs on Wed so that I coul;d go meet my DD at the dr's office. They did an ultrasound to check on the baby's size. The doc keeps telling her that it's a BIG boy. Well, BOY it definietly is! We got a bird's eye view of that equipment Anyway, it looks like he's about 7# 10 oz already. She has gained 14 #. He checked her & she is 50% effaced with a soft cervix, so he said it could happen as early as next week, but she's still carrying high. I'm on my way to see her this morning. She will be moving back home with us on the 15th of this month & we should be getting her trailer before the end of the month.

I'm trying to get in some exercise & the eating is not too bad, but the weight is still up so I'm not doing too good in that dept.

Will try to get back to the board later today or tommorrow hopefully.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SUSAN & MISSY !!

Last edited by Melf; 09-05-2003 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:45 AM   #133  

Good Friday morning!

I thought I'd jump on while I could, as the rest of the day is going to be busy, and I probably won't be able to get on much for the next few days, but will find time to at least read some posts.

When I take DD to school, I am going to try to go to the gym with youngest DD; hopefully she will let me work out. When oldest DD gets out of school, we are going to meet a few of her friends from her old preschool for a few hours, and then home to make dinner. I am going to not work out tomorrow morning, and go to the pep rally instead that they are having at the gym from 12-2. I then have to get home and get ready so we can drop the kids off at friend's house by 5p.m., and head out to our dinner. It will be a busy few days, but I prefer it that way. Not sure what is in store for Sunday yet.

Well, I had an order of McDonald's FF yesterday. I shared it with my daughter, but I had most of it. I also had pasta last night (although legal), probably too much. I was up to 124 this morning, so not too worried anymore. If I get too low in the weight department, I'll just eat a little more (ha)!

I have some brand new costumes to advertise on e-bay but am not sure when would be the best time (maybe last week of Sept./first week of October). I haven't even thought much about costumes yet. When do you think would be a good time to list them?

Well, on to some posts:

Gator: You'll get there! The carnitine can only help. I felt like I had so much energy when I was taking it. I just cut back to one 500mg every third day, but may increase it again for vacations or holidays.

Monet: You did awesome; who can pass up on warm fresh baked french bread? I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your night out.

Fruit: Hope you enjoyed your birthday week...time to get serious now!

Dave: No reason why you can't have bread and peanut butter from time to time, as long as you use the natural peanut butter and whole grain bread. You can get preserves that are only sweetened with fruit as well. As was stated already, this is not a good choice everyday, but shouldn't be avoided every once in a while if the craving hits. Turn the volume off on the fridge so it will leave you alone at night. I have found that a satisfying snack, esp. when I crave something at night, has been frozen blueberries or blackberries. I buy them frozen in the bag, and then take a small bowl of them and munch on them. It is sweet, cold and satisfying, and good for you too. I couldn't eat just olive oil or butter on bread - yuck!

Toni: Have fun camping. The best way to stay op is to only bring op stuff, and it sounds as if you are doing that. Great job planning ahead!

Jack: Have a great weekend. You are such a planner, and that is why you are so successful. Happy hour would be tough. I usually just get a Miller Lite or glass of chardonnay when I am out, and slowly sip it. However, I am going to splurge tomorrow evening; I'll be curious to see how I do for WIW next week. Heck, I think I'll weigh in on Monday, that way I'll stay in line on Sunday.

Melf: thanks for checking in even though you are really busy! You must be getting excited to meet your grandson. I am sure you will let us all know when he makes his big debut.

ANYONE UP FOR ANOTHER WEIGH IN MONDAY????? AFTER MY DINNER OUT SATURDAY, I AM GOING TO HAVE TO BE REALLY GOOD ON SUNDAY!!

Well, have a great weekend, and I hope to pop in sometime later on.

Take care!
Old 09-05-2003, 12:13 PM   #134  

I forgot to mention that I received my Perfect Food Super Green Formula yesterday. I wanted to list some of the information on the bottle. A serving size is 5 tablets, but that is for people who don't eat enough greens. I think I will take 2 a day in addition to eating my other veggies.

It says: Suggested Use: Take 5 caplets with 8 oz juice or water with our without food. Children may take 1/4 to 1/2 adult serving. Safe for all ages. Non-toxic at any amount.

*Over 45 Nutrient Dense Superfoods
*Nutritional Equivalent of 5-10 servings of veggies
*100% Pre-Digested
*Contains enzyme rich Live Foods
*90+ Amitoxidant Complexes
*100+ Minerals & Vitamins A,B,C,E and K
*Omega 3,6 and 9 fatty acids
*Contains no Lecithin, Apple Fiber, Non Foods or Fillers

Says a lot more, but don't want to bore you or become a sales rep. I'm just excited that I found something that I can take to up my veggie intake. You can't get too much!

WARNING though....when you open the bottle, it smells like you are sitting in the middle of a freshly cut alfalfa field. I think I need to invest in some nose plugs for when I take them . They are pretty "fresh."

Anyone know anything about Myoplex? I'm thinking of making some of their shakes every once in awhile now that they are using sucralose instead of aspartame. It could help me tone up, I think.

Well, better run, just wanted to share!
Old 09-05-2003, 12:58 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Well, today I'm down 1, so only up a pound from my low. But TOM has my pants tight. Oh, well- I'm still going to wear them. Not much going on right now. I skipped my exercise today. TOM has me feeling BLAH. I did some situps and a couple of floor exercises- but not much to really account for anything. Boogie definetly has a cold, already. He went all summer without going to the doc, other than the allergic reaction to ant bites and his cardiology checkups. It's only September, not a good sign. He seems to be feeling better today, though. Playing on the floor with his hotwheels- just snot-nosed and coughing. He has to suffer through it without being able to take anything to ease the symptoms. Later on, I have to do my "Friday" thing. Go pay bills, grocery store, etc. Plus, my cousin who lives about 25 minutes away needs to go to the grocery store. She doesn't drive. She's a "nervous" type person who is a diagnosed schizophrenic and bipolar. Sounds bad, but she's okay as long as she's on her meds. I don't see how she can stay couped up in the house so long. Her hubby works out of town, sometimes 3 weeks at a time. And it's just her and her daughter. What if she had an emergency- she lives out in the county. Anyway, I AM going to stay Legal this weekend and not have the first cheat!! You guys hold me to this,lol. Everyone have a good weekend and remember- keep it LEGAL!
Closed Thread