Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Typically, how many servings of veggies, excluding lettuce, do you eat each day?
SEE CHART IN POST ON FIRST PAGE FOR SERVING SIZES OF VEGGIES 0 0%
0 1 3.85%
1 1 3.85%
2 5 19.23%
3 7 26.92%
4 6 23.08%
5 4 15.38%
6 2 7.69%
7 0 0%
8 or more 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 07:28 PM   #151  

Angry Just Checking in

Hello Ladies,
I have had a pretty good day today. How's everybody? I took apart my puter today to add some memory. I can't tell if things improved or not. I have been watching a little of what's happening in the war. My heart is sadden by some of the things happening over there. All I can say is we have do what we have to do and it is a must to stop that idiot Suddam.

Sef ~~~ Thank you for being concerning about my sister. She is doing a lot better today. I will take her in the morning to have it removed. It was so bad that she was crying.

Teensy~~~ Thanks for asking. Yes she does have to have surgery tomorrow. They told her when it softens and open up, to show up. It has and she'll be careful not to eat after 12 tonite. I couldn't ask for anything better than a prayer. Thank you so much.

Monet ~~~ How do you know if you're insulin resistant? How does glucophage work? I have had the glucose tolerance test and my doctor told me that I don't handle sugar well. I go to see him in a few weeks.

Grin+ShareIt ~~~ WELCOME to SB. 1. Stay connected to this board, the people here are wonderful. 2. Write down everything you eat, especially the first few months, until you get the hang of it. 3. Drink the water, lots of water. You will do good.

Well I have to go now. I have a few more things to do before going to bed. Have a good nite everybody!

LJunel
(slim and healthy)
Old 03-23-2003, 09:09 PM   #152  

You all are not going to believe this! My silly daughter LOST her license somewhere today. She was at the Waffle House with a bunch of friends after church this morning, and remembers having it on the table. After that, she does not know what happened to it. The DOT place is not open until Tuesday, so she can't get a replacement until then. I can't believe she was such a ditz! She isn't even blonde!

AGAPE: The only sure way to tell if you are insulin resistant is to have a blood test for insulin levels. People with insulin problems do tend to be apple shaped, and crave carbs. I noticed what I would call inappropriate hunger pains too. A difficulty in losing weight is a sign too. Other signs of too much insulin include high blood pressure, and triglycerides, and cholesterol. I hope if that is your problem, your doctor knows how to treat it. Glucophage helps lower your insulin levels, and for most people it helps with weight loss. My doctor tells me one of his patients just started dropping weight she she started on it. Why could that be me?
Old 03-23-2003, 10:28 PM   #153  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

It's after 10pm and we just got home about 15 minutes ago-pooped isn't even a word to describe how I tired feel, plus being constipated!

Just wanted to skim the board briefly and welcome our newest newbie, GRIN Glad to have you on board You asked for three best tips, here's mine, plus a few extra for good measure:

DON'T CHEAT-give it 100%
BE PATIENT-patience is a definite key to being successful
ASK QUESTIONS-this is a learning experience
HAVE GOOD SUPPORT-family, friends and definitely this board
MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING ENOUGH-just as bad as if you eat too much

What I recommend is a bit different than tips:

JOURNAL, at least in the beginning, to get an idea
DON'T EAT CHOCOLATE-the book is very vague on this, as well as other things
DON'T BE A SLAVE TO THE SCALE-I speak from experience

There's more, just too tired to think at this time, but give me a little time and I'll keep adding to the lists.

Gals, I'll be on the board in a few hours to start the new weekly board and a new week!!!

{{{HUGS}}}}

Debbie
Old 03-24-2003, 01:02 AM   #154  
Goddess

Hey! It's late Sunday night, so I don't know if anyone will see this. I'm packed and we are leaving tomorrow morning for the Tampa St. pete area. I'm armed with BOB's phone number and am looking forward to getting together! I'll hop back on when I get back! Have a great week everyone!

Susan
Closed Thread