Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Typically, how many servings of veggies, excluding lettuce, do you eat each day?
SEE CHART IN POST ON FIRST PAGE FOR SERVING SIZES OF VEGGIES 0 0%
0 1 3.85%
1 1 3.85%
2 5 19.23%
3 7 26.92%
4 6 23.08%
5 4 15.38%
6 2 7.69%
7 0 0%
8 or more 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 09:20 PM   #76  

Default Wednesday Night

Hello Everybody!

Well, it's Wednesday evening and I'm watching Survivor, but wanted to touch base. Hubby is at a meeting, so me and Maddie have the house to ourselves. Our favorite girl thing . . . catching up on the board. Well, that's my favorite thing, her's is napping and treats. Is anybody watching Survivor? If so, what did you think about tonight? I'm glad the alliance between Shawna and Alex got split up. They were starting to gross me out. What's up with all those dirty fingernails? Can't they run them in the water or something???

JACKK-----WOMAN, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!! I AM SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED FOR YOU. SERIOUSLY!!!!! That's fantastic. You should be so happy and proud of yourself. 102 pounds that you kicked to the curb!!!!! Think how many sticks of butter that is or how many large bags of dog food that equals. Man, you are a shadow of your former self. Please, please, please post some pictures. A before and now would be GREAT!!! Thanks for the wonderful, indescribable example you set for the rest of us.

CHRIS----You are so right that staying at a certain weight should be looked upon as a victory. I am with you on that one. Each time the scale doesn't go up, I do a mini happy dance for myself. You do the same for yourself today, okay? Come on with us and get on that exercise board. Try to post on there at least once this week. There's still time, you know. It feels great to post on there. You will think I'm nuts, but I feel really special being part of that elite group.

FILLISE----Okay, you are holding out on us! LOL!!! I was so excited when I read your numbers tonight that I almost jumped up off the couch. Wow, terrific results since lent started. That's great. Keep it up, sister/friend. You are loving this woe eating, aren't you? Just between you and me, I'd far rather have crinkles under my chin that another chin!!! Hey, you inspired me to get out my old weight watchers pedometer. It's so old that the battery was way dead. So I have to get a new one before I can start measuring that.

DEB----Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling your peppy self. I hope you aren't coming down with something bad. You'd better watch out for those germs that might be trying to get you.

TEENSY----Awesome job on the scale!!!!! You keep that up and we're going to have to start calling you TeensyTinyTeenyBean!!!!! WTG, Girlfriend!!!!

COUNTRY----Congrats on your TWO POUND loss today. That's so great What's it like to be 154? Please tell me, because I haven't seen that number since the mid 1980's. Knowing that you have gotten there and worked so hard makes me want to work harder and see what it feels like myself. Thanks!!!! Keep up the hard work. You are SOOOOO close to your goal. You deserve a bunch of those milestone trophies!!!!

Okay, that's it for me. I hope you all have a great day tomorrow. Take care! Catch you later.
Kim
Old 03-19-2003, 10:41 PM   #77  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Well. weakling that I am I had to give in and take pain med. I did a lot of running errands, made copies at church, went to WD. CAme home did some wash, started bean soup cooking, made, franks and beans for supper (family not big on bean soup) and in between tried to work on pantry. My arm and shoulder hurt so much it was painful to drive and move. If I hadn't given in I wouldn't have been able to go to choir practice.

Came home and turned the TV on. Things are starting in Iraq. I pray for a swift outcome. Several families in our church have kids in the military. One lady, I think I told you, has 3 sons and a DIL. They are in Kuwait and Korea.

DEB: MAybe you need a spring tonic! Nosebleeds, tired, something is going on! I hope you feel better.

MONET: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIERTHDAY TO YOU...........

BETH: Maybe we ought to grease that track a little! We can lose!!!!!! We can lose!!!!! That's our mantra!

JACKK: Don't knock it until you've tried it! A poprtion of cottage cheese, a spoonful of SF jelly, and some cereal, Kashi, Cheerios, Grape nuts. You get crunch, sweetness, protein, the works. I happen to like it. Actually one morning the milk was sour and I wondered what I could do with my cereal.

Am going to watch the newsw and do my crosswords. Good night.

Take care all, Shirley
Old 03-19-2003, 10:43 PM   #78  
sef

An early FF......

What is the Iraqi air force motto?
__I came, I saw, Iran.

Have you heard about the new Iraqi air force exercise program?
__Each morning you raise your hands above your head and leave them there.

What's the five-day forecast for Baghdad?
Two days.

What do Miss Muffet and Saddam Hussein have in common?
__They both have Kurds in their way.

What is the best Iraqi job?
__Foreign ambassador.

Did you hear that it is twice as easy to train Iraqi fighter pilots?
__You only have to teach them to take off.

How do you play Iraqi bingo?
__B-2 .. F-16 ... B-52

What is Iraq's national bird?
__Duck.

What do Saddam Hussein and General Custer have in common?
__They both want to know where the **** those Tomahawks are coming from!

Why does the Iraqi navy have glass bottom boats?
__So they can see their air force.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:48 PM   #79  
sef

One more............

Once upon a time (allegedly) in a nice little forest, there lived an
orphaned bunny and an orphaned snake. By a surprising coincidence, both were blind from birth.

One day, the bunny was hopping through the forest and the snake was slithering through the forest. The bunny tripped over the snake and fell down. This knocked the snake about quite a bit.

"Oh, my," said the bunny, "I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I've been blind since birth, so, I can't see where I'm going. In fact, since I'm also an orphan, I don't even know what I am."

"It's quite OK," replied the snake. "Actually, my story is much the same as yours. I, too, have been blind since birth and also never knew my mother. Tell you what, maybe I could slither all over you and work out what you are, so at least you'll have that going for you."

"Oh, that would be wonderful," replied the bunny.

So the snake slithered all over the bunny, and said, "Well, you're
covered with soft fur, you have really long ears, your nose twitches and you have a soft cottony tail. I'd say that you must be a bunny rabbit."

"Oh, thank you! Thank you," cried the bunny, in obvious excitement. The bunny suggested to the snake, "Maybe I could feel you all over with my paw and help you the same way that you've helped me."

So the bunny felt the snake all over and remarked, "Well, you're smooth and slippery, have a forked tongue, no backbone and no balls. I'd say you must be French."
Old 03-19-2003, 10:55 PM   #80  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

Wasn't able to get near the computer and it's late and ELI hasn't even come home yet. Tomorrow he's off and his sister is leaving tomorrow evening so will be busy all day between her and getting the kids early from school due to early release day. Have to take her to the airport before 5pm and then we have a movie preview to go to at 7:30pm. Don't think I'll be able to get back on here until Friday to catch up with my posts. Hope you all understand. Will try to at least post a quickie here and there in between.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Debbie
Old 03-19-2003, 11:04 PM   #81  
sef

Okay I just found another...........

Weapons Inspectors

Have you noticed anything fishy about the inspection teams who have arrived in Iraq?
They're all men! How in the name of the United Nations does anyone expect men to find Saddam's stash?

We all know that men have a blind spot when it comes to finding things. For crying' out loud! Men can't find the dirty clothes hamper. Men can't find the jar of jelly until it falls out of the cupboard and splatters on the floor.... and these are the people we have sent into Iraq to search for hidden weapons of mass destruction?

I keep wondering why groups of mothers weren't sent in. Mothers can sniff out secrets quicker than a drug dog can find a gram of dope. Mothers can find gin bottles that dads have stashed in the attic beneath the rafters. They can sniff out a diary two rooms and one floor away. They can tell when the lid of a cookie jar has been disturbed and notice when a quarter inch slice has been shaved off a chocolate cake. A mother can smell alcohol on your breath before you get your key in the front door and can smell cigarette smoke from a block away. By examining laundry, a mother knows more about their kids than Sherlock Holmes. And if a mother wants an answer to a question, she can read an offender's eyes quicker than a homicide
detective.
So...considering the value a mother could bring to an inspection team, why are we sending a bunch of old men who will rely on electronic equipment to scout out hidden threats?

My mother would walk in with a wooden soup spoon in one hand, grab Saddam by the ear, give it a good twist and snap, "Young man, do you have any weapons of mass destruction?" And God help him if he tried to lie to her. She'd march him down the street to some secret bunker and shove his nose into a nuclear bomb and say, "Uh, huh, and what do you call this, mister?" Whap! Thump! Whap! Whap! Whap! And she'd lay some stripes across his bare bottom with that soup spoon, then march him home in front of the whole of Baghdad. He'd not only come clean and apologize for lying about it, he'd cut every lawn in Baghdad for free for the whole damn summer.

Inspectors my ***... You want the job done? Call my mother.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:30 AM   #82  

Hi all!!

Had a pretty good day today. Tried to keep my eating under control and drink plenty of water.

Quilter:I noticed the dirty fingernails right away. It's so gross to think that they are putting those in their mouths.

Jackie-----Over 100 pounds. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

Monet: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Idblond: Thanks for the support of my Mom. She too has had numerous biopsies done. It is just a scary thing for me I guess.

I hope that everyone has a great day tomorrow. I will probably be glued to the tv watching news. I do have an interview tomorrow. wish me luck.

Well, I really am tired, so...good night and God bless.

Sherry
Old 03-20-2003, 06:17 AM   #83  

Default It's birthday time!

Monet! Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:47 AM   #84  

MONET

Old 03-20-2003, 07:54 AM   #85  

Good Morning Everyone!

The day started out on a weird note. I can't eat until after I go for the blood letting, so I broke a SB rule and ate a bedtime snack. I don't feel good eating late- in fact it made me feel down right crummy! I made a beef stew yesterday for my small group, and unfortunately managed to burn my mouth, and esaphogus. This morning, the esaphogus is really hurting. I hope it is not going to take a long time to get better.

Tom gave me a birthday present this morning before he left for work. He wanted it to be a significant present, since this is the big five oh. (shudder) He got me a ruby solitaire in white gold. It is really beautiful, and I would love to wear it today, but it has to be sized. I hope I can have that done while I wait, after breakfast.

No big plans for the day. We go out for dinner on birthdays. The family is up to something, I am sure. Usually the birthday tyrant gets to decide on where, but they decided already and told me it is a surprise. There has been too much sneaking around lately, and unusual comraderie between the girls for me not to be suspicious....

I slipped up a bit last night, and ate a couple pieces of potato in the stew. I know tonight, I am going to have to eat a piece of the birthday cake Chef Erik, my SIL is making. It is going to be made with 70% chocolate, and probably little or no flour, but he told me it would not be sugar free! I also am expecting it to be decorated with pulled sugar flowers, so I can't wait to see it! Pulled sugar is VERY difficult, and he has been working on perfecting his technique for a while. I am tickled he is going to the trouble of making the cake, and I can't wait to see it! AND taste it! I know...I am bad!

Well, I need to get dressed and head out to pick up my friend, and ride up to the lab. We are then going out to breakfast. Not sure where, but it will be fun!

Have a great day everyone!

LIN: Thank you! I hope I do!

DEB: You were posting as I was! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Last edited by Ellen; 03-20-2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:34 AM   #86  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONET!!! Sounds like your crew has something special planned. That's great. You deserve it!!!!! I wish you health and happiness and good weigh ins. How's that for a perfect gift???

Kim
Old 03-20-2003, 08:36 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Thursday Morning,

Hope everyone is chipper and ready to have a great OP day.

I'm tired today. Didn't get home from Bunco until 12:15, so didn't get much sleep. I did win a prize, 2 little Easter hand towels. DD will probably want them. I could share with her I guess.

Heartmom, Thanks, I promise to posot pics soon.

Teensy, Yes it is so much more enjoyable walking outdoors right now. It reals so clean and fresh out there. It makes the walks more fun. Keep up the good work.

Kim, Hope you enjoyed your "girls Night" with Maddie. Haven't watched much of Surviror this time.

Sef, nothing wrong int aking some meds to relieve your pain. There is no reason to suffer like that. Drugs can be good. Feel better.

Deb, sounds like you are going to be busy today. Enjoy your time with Eli and SIL.

Sheann,Congrats on your good eating. Everyday gets easier. Good luck on your interview.

Monet, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AND THE BIG 5 0 TOO! Hope your day is as special as you are. Your ring sounds beautiful. What a sweet SIL to make a special cake for you. I bet your girls are up to something. But don't worry, just enjoy it. You deserve it.

Have a great day everyone. Be back later.

Jackie
257/155/145
10-10-01
Old 03-20-2003, 08:40 AM   #88  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Morning

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONET What a wonderful DH you have! A nice way to start your special day. I hope your esaphogus heals quickly. That sounds painful. Enjoy whatever surprise the family has planned; have a taste of your special cake and then I know you'll be right back on track. I think spring is here to stay. Rained all night and melted a lot of the snow. Our backyard will be a swamp.

What a wonderful bunch of losers we had yesterday!!!!! WAY TO GO ALL OF YOU!

JACKK--WOW! 102lbs gone! You are so amazing! I bet you'll make it to goal by DD's wedding!

FILLISE--You are doing great! At this rate you'll have lost a lot by Easter and you'll be on such a roll, you'll just keep on losing.

QUILTER-- 10.5lbs! You Go GIRL! All your hard work is paying off. Are you still talking to your friend early in the morning while on the TM?

LDBLOND--I am so NOT a meal planner. At 4 o'clock I'm trying to figure out what we'll have for dinner. During the rest of the day, I look thru the fridge for leftovers. I usually only have the evening "meal", otherwise I'm "grazing" thru-out the day. I like starchy carbs too. I had gotten back into the bad habit of eating chips/cheesies at night in front of the TV. I'm trying to break that habit again so lately I've been knitting to keep my hands busy.

-----
Yesterday I was just ravenous! I just wanted to keep eating. I probably had too many triscuits, but at least they're legal. And I just kept drinking water. It was like I hadn't had any in days! I'm sure I got in at least 64oz--probably double that. I've had some energy the past couple of days. Yesterday I even scrubbed the walls and ceiling of the bathrooms! Something's wrong with me. Must be the spring air!

Well, I better go for now. DS wants breakfast!

Last edited by Zanne; 03-20-2003 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:02 AM   #89  

This was posted by JECRITES and I wanted to get it on this board so all could respond:

For those of you who have lost lots on SB or any other plan, can you tell me something? I have had 3 babies, (the oldest one is 8, middle one is 6, and youngest one is 3), and you know how after you have a baby, you have that "flap" that just seems to hang there? Does it ever go away? If, no when I reach my goal, will I still have that? I'm just wondering because it really bugs me.
Also I don't fully understand the glycemic index thing, could someone please help me out with that one, and I'm not very good at understand all that scientific stuff, (that's why I had my hubby read it, but he didn't help me out any)
I think that I've gotten all the sugary things out of the house, at least all of them that I would eat, and I've replaced them with lots of fruits and veggies. Only thing is that I get really bored with eating the same stuff all the time, and I don't know what to do about it. If anyone out there can help me, I'm listening!!!!! I need all the help I can get.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:50 AM   #90  

Good Thursday Morning Everyone

Just got in from my walk and am very happy I went despite the heat and humidity that's out there (87 degrees when I went to take the kids to school so was hotter by the time I went) AND not going to bed til after midnight and then having this bad pain in what I think is my stomach. I got out there and persevered and did my 4.5 miles in 53:20, not too bad. But whoa, do I stink. The hotter it gets the more I seem to ferment quicker to the point even I don't want to be around myself! There's no point in my changing right away as I continue to sweat and will just stink up another piece of clothing and I can't take a shower right away because it takes me a good 15-20 minutes to cool down and stop sweating, so I put a thick towel on the chair and spend the cooling off period with posting on the board

ELI is off today but I'm unsure of what we are going to do as Nadine, his DS is still here and I believe she's going to leave tonight (she works for AA so she has to see what flight she can get on) and the kids get out of school at Noon today, we have to take Nadine to the airport late afternoon then get to the movie theater early enough to get seats because they always give out more tickets than there are seats for movie previews. I can't remember the name of it, but it's the new one with Gwenyth Paltrow as a stewardess.

Want to get in at least a few replies before I have to jump in the shower...

COUNTRY, I use to be on the scale at least 10 times a day so not being on the scale like this is very unusual for me, but definitely a step in the right direction. I say, have your daughter hide it after tomorrow's WIW and don't let her bring it out until next week. How 'bout it? CONGRATS on your loss this week.

BETH, better a phone call to get your arse back here than me coming up there with the TRAVELING DETOX DUNGEON! Well, I'm glad to see you back, we've missed you! You shouldn't be so easily discouraged after being back OP and not seeing a loss, remember, there are many reasons one may not see a loss. I keep telling myself this becaue it's exactly what I'm experiencing at this time, even though I'm eating right and exercising 5 days a week, the scale isn't moving in the right direction, it's not moving at all, but I'll stick it out because I know with patience, it will start to move eventually. With your bday coming up you should get back on track and give yourself the gift of better health. You've worked so hard to get where you are, you sure don't want to go back on the wrong track.

MONET, again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Girl, I won't weigh on any scale but my own. When I go to the Dr. I just tell them what I weigh, I dare not step on their scale, why torture myself. Am I mistaken, or didn't you have a great loss when you started with the different meds or amounts of them? Sure, it's frustrating when you don't see any positive results on the scale after a long period of time, it's easy to throw in the towel and just say "to heck with this crap" but we have to think what the alternative is. If we don't continue doing what we're doing we'll only start gaining weight again and be even more miserable, not to mention more unhealthy. I truly believe that you have to stick it out and the scale will move, that's what I keep telling myself. I've tried so many diets throughout my life and I find this one good for so many reasons. I'm not about to go try another one, after 3 years SB has me for good. Good luck with your blood work today, though I can't say it's a great way to spend your bday! Sounds like a lovely ring TOM gave you, wear it in good health! I hope they have some goodies planned for you, getting to the big 5 0 is a definite milestone. Enjoy the day, you deserve it!!! TAKE A PICTURE OF THE CAKE!!!!!!! AND YOU!!!

SEF, love all the jokes and have passed them along to others already. Hope you can get your crochet problem figured out, that must be driving you batty. We have little critters in our cabinets as well, hard not to down here.

FILLISE, I think you spoke to us all in the post to MONET!!!!! Good job with the steps and now that you're aware I'm sure we'll see you posting increases in those numbers daily. CONGRATS on a nice loss this week and since Lent. I propose LENT to be a 6 month event! Glad to hear the pants worked out well, you're lucky. ELI's sister ordered some stuff from Chadwicks and is returning all but one item, says it's crappy quality.

LOUISE, You did it right! There is no demands made of the members on this board, you come on when you can. We all know how busy life can be and not everyone is able to make it on the board every day. Do what you can and when you can Is SB big in Australia? I know the glycemic index is suppose to be more prevalent there than here. I heard they were suppose to put GI info on food labels. Have they done this yet? Don't be afraid to ask questions, we're all more than happy to help!!!! Again, WELCOME!

QUILTER, good job for breaking the 10lb mark! Look, you're already on your way to the 20lb mark!!

JACKK, so how did you celebrate your wonderful milestone yesterday? You must of felt wonderful. I'm so happy for you, you have no idea! How are you going to celebrate when you hit goal?????

CHRIS, I do believe holding is just as good as a loss, definitely better than a gain. Glad to hear you're doing so well. Keep up the great work. See what getting back on the board can do for a gal!

TEENSY, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm thrilled to hear you have finally seen the scale move down.

Gotta jump in the shower, I'll try to pick up where I've left off. Latest since I started this post is Nadine is now leaving tomorrow morning.

Toodles

Debbie
Closed Thread