Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Typically, how many servings of veggies, excluding lettuce, do you eat each day?
SEE CHART IN POST ON FIRST PAGE FOR SERVING SIZES OF VEGGIES 0 0%
0 1 3.85%
1 1 3.85%
2 5 19.23%
3 7 26.92%
4 6 23.08%
5 4 15.38%
6 2 7.69%
7 0 0%
8 or more 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 10:27 AM   #61  
Goddess

Thumbs down WIW

Got up this morning and the scale said 266--so 2.5 down from last week and 7.5 from Ash Wednesday two weeks ago. I know this is the "first flush" so to speak, but I looked in the mirror yesterday and some of the puffiness in my face was gone (and, yes, the crinkles are comming back under my chin).

The pedometer revealed that I took 4,557 steps yesterday. 10,000 is supposed to be the magic number for fitness and weight loss, so if this holds for the next couple of days, I've got a good ways to go (Tomorrow I have to drive to Birmingham for an all-day meeting, so I'm thinking that there will be a lot fewer steps tomorrow, but that's ok, I need to know since I frequently have days like that.

Jackie--WOOOOHOOO!!!!! What a feeling! What an accomplishment--and in keeping with my post from last night--we get excited about what the scale says, but this is SOOOOOO much more important than that! Think of what you have learned about yourself over this process--what you've found out you can do. That you actually care enough about yourself to suffer all the ups and downs in order to make yourself healthier. You are leading the way for us!

Monet--Glad you got a chuckle! If I'm reading your last post right-your Dr. scale shows a total of 11 lbs lost over the last two months and your scale shows a total of 8. So you ARE LOSING! As slow as it is the evil one-eyed monster is at least moving in the right direction. BTW--it's a great upper body workout. I know, I really worked up a sweat!

Heartmom--Hang in there and just take it one day at the time!

Deb--I got my slacks from Lands End and they fit just fine! They ask you to measure your waist, hips, and something they call a rise (from the back of your waist line, through your legs, to the front of your waist line--what is otherwise known as your belly!). That last measurement seems to be the one that really helps determine the fit of the slacks. They will hem them for you too. They ask you to measure the inseams of a pair of slacks that is the correct length--I did that and the hem is just fine. Get this, if your measurements that are out of whack, for a little more $ they will make a pair of custom slacks or jeans for you. And everything is returnable. I will definelty be buying all my chinos from them from now on!

Cloudy and icky here AGAIN today. We are supposed to have some nasty storms this afternoon. Today is tax day for me--got to get it all together and get it over to the accountant. When you are self-employed--it can get very complicated!

Have a good day everyone--and remember we are more than whatever the scale tells us today!

Susan
300/266/150
Old 03-19-2003, 10:53 AM   #62  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

JACKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2003, 10:56 AM   #63  

WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY TO CELEBRATE TOMORROW!!!!

IT'S MONET'S BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!!

Old 03-19-2003, 11:01 AM   #64  

Morning All

Just have a minute for a quickie...didn't walk, went back to sleep, still tired, I mean, really tired, could crawl back in bed! Have to run some much-needed errands before getting the kids and schleping them here and there this afternoon. Will try to catch up later today if the computer is free.

Toodles

Debbie
Old 03-19-2003, 01:02 PM   #65  

Good, Good Morning to all--- I can't believe it..... I am down 4 pounds this morning. YEAH!! Thank you so very much Monet, and DEB!! And of course all of the rest of you for all the support. This is a big moment for me. I have been stalled since September of 2002. I didn't even get a chance to walk yesterday, due to unexpected company from out of town. But I am on my way out the door now!! Thanks again all of you, will be back to respond to everyone later.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:18 PM   #66  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Arrow Howdy

Well... I figured I'd better get my buns on here EVERY day and post, so I can remember WHY I'm not eating JUNK!!!

I skimmed thru this weeks board before I posted and noticed y'all are doing some sort of Challenges now... I read about 64 oz of water a day... and I am PROUD to report, that I ONLY took WATER to work last night and I drank 65 oz!!!!! GO ME!!!

The scale is a depressing thing today... TOM is just now leaving from his visit... so maybe next week will be ok! I hate to even look at the scale knowing at one point it said 175... and now it's over 185!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEB - you were right... it's MUCH WORSE to know you're losing the crap for the SECOND TIME. Dangit... where is that motivation I had????

Thanks for the big Welcome Back's everyone... I need them, along with the Kicks!!

Jack-K - girl I should've known it was YOU putting out the APB for me.... THANKS for remembering that I needed my BUTT HERE!!!

SEF - I'll be Happy to join you and Monet in the land of 'get your butt back on track'

OK... I'm off to do some typing for JOB 2 and drink some WATER!

Today is my son's 11th birthday (I got him a new bike and he's outside riding his heart out..lol) so I'm staying AWAY from the birthday cake!

Bye Ya'll!!
Old 03-19-2003, 02:05 PM   #67  

Height: 5' 7"

Default WIW

Good morning! The scales were kind to me this morning. Down 2 pounds this week. 154

Jack-K.....102!!!! That is just too cool woman. You should be so proud of the committment and work you have put into that loss. Very happy for you.

Teensy.....super breaking your stall.

Beth.....hang in there. You lost em once and you can lose em again.

Susan....first flush or not...if is so good to get the pounds off. WTG

Chrisb....yes staying the same is good too. WTG

Kim...wtg on hitting the ten pound mark. Each of these mile stones are like trophies on the way to victory. Good health and feeling better.

Howdy Louise...not sure if I've said hi before. It's perfectly okay if you don't have a ton of extra time. I hope the time you get to visit lifts you up and encourages you to stay on track.

Well ya'll, I'm outta here. Congrats to everyone for working on being the best you that you can be. Remember to be nice to yourself...you deserve it.

Love,
Crystle

235/154/140-135
Old 03-19-2003, 02:08 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I'm very disappointed in WIW results- it's up 2 pounds to 202. I even exercised yesterday and drank 2 gallons of water to no avail. I feel like I will never get to the 190's. I know I will, that it will just take time, but darn I wish it would hurry up.

HW(May 2000)- 270
SBSW-236
CW-202(ugh!)
Old 03-19-2003, 02:11 PM   #69  

FILLISE: According to the doctor's scale, I have lost 11 pounds in the last 2.5 months. Only one was in the last six weeks. On my scale, I have lost eight in the last six weeks. I can't remember what it was before...something like five for the month before that, but I reset my scale to be the same as the doctors. Its weird...I know. I would not be discouraged if all I were doing was SB. I am on so many drugs tho for the metabolic stuff, that I should have seen more progress. Way to go on the 7.5 gone!

JACK: WOO HOO! Congrats! Four in a week is fabulous! And the total...why its fantastic! I hope the last few come off easy!

TEENSY: That is fabulous news! Congrats on the loss! I hope it keeps up for you!

DEB: I am with you...I went back to bed this morning. I would crawl in bed now, but I have to run to Publix and get stuff to fix for dinner for my small group tonight. Hope you get to feeling more energetic!
Old 03-19-2003, 03:35 PM   #70  

WIW - Up 3.5 lbs

This morning as I made a concious choice to have a maple scone from StarBucks realized the only way for me to stay 100% on plan is to go back to eating with a menu already planned each and every day. I did this in February when I truly restarted SB and lost the initial 6 lbs. Now I'm back up and although I can blame it on TOM, I really can't use the excuse as I have been anything but 100% for almost a week now. It's not about even trying sometimes and although I beat myself up, I allow it to happen again and again? I know my goal is only 11.5 lbs and this seems so little to many people, but the overall picture for me is that I need to lose this weight and 5 more lbs on top of it to be back in my cushion where I'm comfortable and more importantly
healthier.

Rereading this I sure talk a good talk, now if I can get my feet (better yet my mouth) to walk a good walk.

Sheanne: Sorry to hear about your Mom. If it's ok to put my 2 cents in, my Mom has had 3 breast biopsy turned surgery to remove lumps, all were non-cancerous. I hope the same is for your mom.

Deb: Your challenge sounds great. In fact I put the scale away a couple of days ago. Only got on it this morning to see where I was at for WIW.

Beth: We seem to be in the same boat. Let's both jump off the eat 'til you drop cruise and jump back in the SB wagon. I know we both can overcome the challenge of being unmotivated. If you like I can email you the link to a highly motivational website I have found, called Diet Coach?

SEF: Thanks for the patriotic messages/stories

Zanne: Funny, the water thing is the easiest for me. It's staying away from carbs that seems to be my BIGGEST challenge lately. It was so easy 2 years ago to loose 30lbs on SB, carbs weren't a problem, I'm just not trying hard enough to develop good habits again. (read my general post) Deb's challenges are exactly what I need, in combination with some strict meal planning for awhile. I'm not good at it (meal planning), no actually, I don't like meal planning. For me, this is how the pounds came off before, even during all the dental problems I was having, when I at off plan, I was able to get right back on. It's just about reestablishing the good habits and out with the bad ones and for awhile I guess no exeptions.

Jack-K: You are a WONDERFUL inspiration, congratulations!

Fillise: Your reply to Monet was something we all need to remember. Thank you.

It's taken forever it seems to get this typed for you all, but here it is. Have a good day.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:48 PM   #71  

Default What a great WIW for the board

Quick reply --
Jackie--You are doing so great. 4 pounds in one week is great, especially when you are so close to goal. I know you are not eating after dinner for Lent--did you used to eat late? Or do you attribute your big loss to something else? That is so great to have lost 100 pounds--I would love to see some before and after pictures. I am so happy for you.

Monet-WIW was good to you too. That is great that you had a loss! There is something fishy with that dr's scale. Don't give up and the weight will come off, maybe slow, but at least you will be healthier. I wouldn't even call your "binge" a binge. I'm very impressed that you stopped at 1 cookie and a little corn.

KIm-You have lost 2 bags of flour plus more. That is great! You and Monet have been wearing the treadmill out--and it is showing.

Filllise-I loved your post to Monet--you are a very wise woman. 7.5 pounds is awesome!! I bet you feel a lot thinner. This is so fun to have all these losses to congratulate. I wish someone could keep track of the total.

Country-You are doing so great too. Do you think it is the treadmill or your eating? Whatever you are shrinking YEAH!

Teensy-WTG on the huge loss and breaking your stall. I am so happy for you. YOu'll be sticking with us now, right?

Blonde, Heart, Beth, Susanne, myself -- Hang tough and we will lose next week.

I had fun chatting last night. Deb I hope you feel better.
I'm off to the airport to pick of son #2. I'll check in later
Old 03-19-2003, 04:35 PM   #72  
Goddess

Thumbs down Wed afternoon

Thought I'd make a quick stop in to say hello. I really really want to take a nap.

Both yesterday and today about this time I've gotten stomach cramps and the "runs." TOM is due today or tomorrow so it is either that OR after two weeks of strick observance my body is cleansing itself. I'm actually surprised that I showed a loss today with TOM so close, I'm sure I'll start to puff up soon--but I am drinking my water.

Deb--I'll try to stay off the scale--but I'll be in Tampa next Wed. so I might have to take a step on Monday AM before we leave.

I've been trying to clean my oven--I've lived in this house 8 1/2 years and I've NEVER cleaned the oven. I got my steam shark out and it blasted all the caked on stuff off pretty quickly. I'm going to run to the store to get some overn cleaner in a little while.

I probably won't get on tomorrow since I have to leave early for B-ham. Will try to catch-up tomorrow night or Fri am.

Susan
300/266/150
Old 03-19-2003, 04:44 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Gang,

Gotta run. Have bunco tonight and I have to get dinner and workout before leaving.

it has been crazy here today. I need a drink

ChrisB, Yes holding the same is good sometimes too. That means a true weight. Get you some weights and get those arms in shape for those short sleeves. It really does work. Just do some body dips off the end of a straight chair. That is the best (and hardest).

Sef, WTG on avoiding those GS cookies. I have about 6 boxes in the pantry and I have not had one yet. Think I will stick them in the freezer now that DD is dieting so they don't tempt her.Cheerios and jelly on cottage cheese???

Fillise, for you 2.5 lbs is great and 7.5 from Ash Wed is awesome. Isn't Lent great. Thanks for the sweet words. I know I couldn't have done this w/o all of you on this board.

Teensy: Yeah on your 4 lbs. Awesome. That will getyou motivated. Good going.

Beth, WTG on jumping right on in here with the challenges. We are also doing exercises 3 times a week. Happy Birthday to your son. Stay away from the cake. You can do it.

Country, You just refuse to wait for me don't you? Congrats on the 2 lbs. It's all that TM time you are doing. Girl yhou are going to need a new motor if you keep it up.

Heartmon, It will come, just hang in there. It pays to stay OP and you are doing great. I bet you see the 190's next week.

Monet, you are always fixing dinner for someone. Girl you are too good.

LDblond, Food planning is the only way. That way you can be prepared for anything. I only plan daily (I do give dinner the rest of the week some thought) but then I know where to put my carbs and what I can have. Give it a try. Maybe journaling will help too, 11.5 pounds is a lot if that is all you have to lose. You just have to decied what you want most, the muffin from SB or to lose 11.5 lbs. Make that a concious choice. You can do it.

Lin, I ususally would have some type of snack after dinner. But I really don't miss them now. I think al lthat extra water helped and I did increase my weights. Most of all, I have been 100% OP and that makes a difference. Enjoy the visit with your son.

Have a great night.

Jackie
257/155/145
10-10-01
Old 03-19-2003, 05:25 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

JACK-K-- Congrats on 100 pounds- that's awesome! What an accomplishment. Now- we wanna see some pics,girl!

Okay, I got my exercise tape in for the day. I hate that I get sooo redfaced. It takes along time for my face to return to it's natural shade- but I've always been this way(even when thin). Drinking my water- and I'm having a hard time telling myself to stay away from the scale- that's the hardest challenge- I've got such a bad habit of weighing myself daily.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:29 PM   #75  

Thumbs down

Wednesday Afternoon---

Well I got my walk in. And I felt like it was my best time ever....but my watch stopped so I don't know what my time was. Maybe I just felt like it was the best because I was so happy with my weigh in this morning. LOL. The sun is shining today and it is absolutely gorgeous out. Went and cleaned up a few of my flower beds. Plants are starting to peak their little heads up. Crocus have been blooming for the last week. It is nice to see real flowers again, and not just my little flower sitters that I have lining my desk. Even though they are cute.

Jackie--WOOHOO--That is super! Indeed that is a reason to celebrate. Wow 102 pounds lost. That is truly an inspiration for the rest of us. And only 10 more to go. YOU GO GIRL!

Heartmom--Jackie's right, 70 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. That is AWESOME!! Keep drinking that water....it will help flush that weight away.

Monet-- My heart is breaking for you right now. I know better than anyone how frustrating it is to know that you are doing everything you are supposed to, and then not seeing any results. Maybe you could try weighing on some other scales, and see what they say. Just don't give up....you have come so far. Fillise is right about all that you have gained in health benefits. Please don't lose heart. And if I can help you in anyway please don't hesitate to ask.

Chrisb--I am with you, if we don't see a loss, I definitely want to hold steady. I also think our bodies need that every once in awhile just to catch up. (But not for 6 months!!) LOL.

Fillise--Way to go--2.5 gone for good!!

Deb-- Hope you are not coming down with anything. There sure seems to be alot of virus's going around now. Glad to say that since I started on my path to better health, I haven't had any allergies, or sinus infections, or had any colds in almost 2 years. Yeah, this WOL is soooo good. Feel better soon!

Beth--Good job getting the water down. I think that is a very important part. Spring is on its way....maybe that will help to get you motivated again. Happy Birthday to DS.

Country--Congrats on the loss. Sure feels good, doesn't it??

Idblond--Hang in there, and don't beat yourself up to bad. We are all human, and we all stumble. Pick yourself up....we are here when you need us.

Linworthlady--I am in for the long haul!! You Bet Cha!!
Closed Thread