Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What are you most comfortable in wearing out in public?
Stretchy Pants (workout wear type) 2 5.71%
Jeans 18 51.43%
Casual Pants 5 14.29%
Dress Pants 2 5.71%
Skirts 2 5.71%
Dresses 0 0%
Shorts 2 5.71%
Other 1 2.86%
If it was an option, I'd go out NAKED!!!! 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 05:47 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Miata- sounds good to me!

BOB- okay, fill me in about the sandals because I must be clueless...
Old 03-15-2003, 06:00 PM   #167  

Lightbulb

Okay, I'm going to be brave and post a pic of me at my heaviest-270 pounds. Actually, the pics are from Joseph's 1st Bday party(April of 2001)- and when I got them developed and looked at them in May 2001, I knew I had to do something. I didn't even recognize myself anymore. So it's been a long road and I still have a long journey, but it's worth it. So can you tell any difference?
Old 03-15-2003, 06:04 PM   #168  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

WHOA NELLIE.....IT WILL BE SOL AGAINST JACKIE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

GO CATS!!!!!
Old 03-16-2003, 02:34 AM   #169  

Heartmom!!! I agree. I can't believe that was you in the picture...You are so much trimmer now and sooo beautiful!! Keep that picture so you can share it everywhere you go...I have a few big pictures of me too. Will try to get some tog to show you nice sb eaters.

Got my water in, and I ate well. DH did not eat dinner by himself, (i was at work) so he is dragging me to the diner for eats..I will have coffee..Nothing more. Need to get in more vegies but for me I am doing excellent.

Well going to play on the puter more so bye for now..

Miata
Old 03-16-2003, 10:12 AM   #170  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

Thought I'd try to get in a post before ELI gets home. Kids are both out not only for the evening, but the entire night. Not thrilled about MICHAEL being out in the Everglades, esp. when I'm hearing thunder outside now.

Went to a few garage sales today, only got in a few before I had to take MICHAEL for his last film class. Not much of anything out there to speak of-sorta a dud day.

Spoke to YELLOWROSE & SOLSHINE who've been MIA and both said they'd get on the board soon. Got a quick chat in with JACKK as well, left messages to say hello to many of you. For those of you who I didn't get to talk to, hope to soon and for those of you who are new, if you ever want to chat, just e-mail me your telephone number - I have free nights and weekends!

COUNTRY, isn't it amazing how caffeine can take such a hold on people. I know if my Mom doesn't have her coffee in the morning she gets major headaches. ELI says people who are caffeine addicted, if they don't get their coffee, they are NASTY! Sugar and caffine are definitely addictive and should be classified as drugs!!!!!

FILLISE, oops, just read your post, no wonder you weren't home, you were tied up in Montgomery (kinky, aren't you!) Ahhh, don't worry about the bloody nose, it was probably just some fluke. Brisket, nothing exciting. I rubbed a little oil on the top, shoved some cloves are garlic in some slits, put some salt, pepper and garlice powder on it and then seared the top. Turned it over after putting some spices on the bottom (fat side) and then barely covered the top with water, threw in some Lipton Onion Soup Mix, minus most of the soup, just enough to flavor it (due to junk in it), kept most of the dried onions though, 2 stalks of celery and an onion sliced in rings. Simmered it for about 3 1/2 hours and viola, it was done. Even my Mom said it was delish when she tried it today!! There just may be hope for me!!!!

JACKK, thanks for the chat today! So you went and bought yourself a new over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder! Good for you. I need a new one, not another size, but a new one. I get the same style, even when I was heavy, of course, just a different size. I like ones with 4 hooks but now have to settle for 3, the wider the better, holds the side fat in better I think.

BOB, never rained yesterday but I think it was saving up for today because it's absolutely STORMING now! Not happy with MICHAEL being out there biking in this, hope the adults know enough to round the kids up, knowing them, they'd think it was fun White sandals, who would dare

QUILTER, all that yard work qualifies to be posted on the exercise board if you haven't done so yet! 72oz is great, keep up the good work! Enjoy your time with your niece!

SEF, are you suffering from CRS syndrome? Or hallucinating, thinking you've psoted when you haven't? Here's what comforts better than food and better than a man, a good hour long massage!!!!! Wish you were feeling better. With all you do, you sure don't deserve to be in pain.

SUNDAY MORNING

Had to turn off the computer last night it got so bad. There was a crack of lightening/thunder that made me literally jump out of my chair! It was hairy out there! Found out later, after stressing about MICHAEL being in the wilderness they didn't even get a drop of rain!

ELI and I went to his daughter's competition, she's in a color guard troop, didn't get home til 11pm. Ended up eating really late last night. Ate WAY too many carbs yesterday, really excessive, but all OP. Not sure what got in to me, seems to be better this morning.

Got in my walk this morning. Did my 4.5 miles in 53:13, not too bad. Hotter than **** out there though. This gives me another week that I've done 5 days of exercise!!!!! I could of stayed in bed, next to a warm body, but I figured, nahh, the warm body will probably be there when I get home - and it is!

MONET, I am doing the same things...eating the same, exercising the same. I am even drinking more water, and getting in more exercise, but I am not making any progress. You took the words right out of my mouth! I've been measuring my waist, don't measure anything else, and it just stays the same. What I will tell you is, for some unknown reason, if I measure with the tape to the side it's less than in the front. Try it and tell me if you have a difference. Maybe it's just "wishful shrinking" but it seems to make a difference to me! Do you eat too much salt? Maybe your body is just retaining fluid, there's no way you could be losing while eating right and not lose inches, it sure has to be coming off from somewhere!

LDBLOND, hope you are doing better

AGAPE, glad to hear you are continuing to do well. When is your next Dr. visit? Hope he'll be pleasantly surprised with your results. Thanks for the good wishes for my DD, I truly appreciate them! Glad to hear you're getting MM book, let me know what you think about it after reading it.

TEENSY, is it possible that maybe you are retaining some fluid from salt? I see bacon, Canadian bacon, roast beef, cheese, mayo, more bacon, more mayo and more cheese, all which I believe has quite a bit of salt, not to mention fat. What bacon do you use? How about the mayo? Cheese? Possibly you can find lower fat versions that will be OP and help you lower the fats. Do be a bit careful not to overdue it with Splenda, that makes me gain big time, it has maltodextrin in it. Small amounts won't hurt, but do be aware of your intake. You're doing better, but as you mentioned, you need to get that fat down. Your protein was right on target, congrats on that. Just have to get the carbs up there now. How about adding in a SB LEGAL MILKSHAKE? I take a cup of milk and put about 1.5-2 packets of Stevia, 8 ice cubes, a tsp. of carob powder and a 1/2 tsp of coffee extract and wiz that in the blender. Very filling and satisfying. Carrots are okay in moderation. If your goal weight is 155, and you a somewhat active, you'd be taking in almost 1900 calories to maintain that weight. At your current weight of 189, if you wanted to stay that weight, you'd eat approx. 2300 calories, it's only 400 calories difference. At 1800 calories you're reducing your intake approx 500 calories, that's a lot. It takes a 3500 calorie reducting to lose 1lb of fat. Not considering any other factors like hormones, TOM, etc. it would take you approx. a week to lose a pound. Exercising and burning more calories will help the process. If you are eating 1400 calories, that's a reduction by almost 1000 calories and your body's metabolism is going to slow down. Again, this is just my recommendation from having been doing this 3 years and seeing other peoples experiences. You have to do what you find comfortable and reasonable for you. Not every day are you going to eat 1800 calories, some days more, some days less. The idea is to get in the nutrients your body needs. What you are taking in is what I take in at 129lbs adn 5' 1 1/2" tall. Remember, this is a learning process and you're learning

MIATA, you sound like you are doing great! Keep up the great work! OMG, mushrooms? Can they be harvested? Okay, the guy who stole the car, you MUST get that story in some paper where they write about STUPID PEOPLE. What an idiot to leave his info in there, serves him right!!!!

CHRIS, glad to hear you found some good bread! Even happier to hear how good you are feeling! Good going for not giving in to MickeyD's!!! Keep up the great work!

HEART, LOVED seeing those pictures! Girl, you've come a long way. Honestly, you don't look like you even weigh near 200lbs. You really are beautiful and my goodness, when you hit goal people are going to be really looking at you for all the right reasons. Funny, how just saying that made me think how I use to be stared at for being so overweight and now, if I'm eating something in public and people look at me, I still think they are looking at me the same way, like, why is she eating that! Hmmm Oh, graphic, that's for sure! I guess it's part of being honest, I just tell it like it is As for the beer, ick! Never liked the taste of it, don't like liquor all together. Does this beer still get you drunk?

YEAH! I'm all caught up!!! YIPEEE!!!!!

Well, ELI is off today, but he's still asleep. He had to open the store for 3 days in a row and then worked long days so he's trying to make up for lost sleep. We'll probably head up to Broward today - I'm starving.

Will check in when we get home later today!

Have a great Sunday y'all!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 03-16-2003, 10:22 AM   #171  

Here's a Sunday Morning Quickie!!!

My niece arrived last night and we've been having a good visit. She's such a wonderful young woman. I am so proud of her. She's finishing up her junior year of college and will be a nurse when she is finished with school. She's a good person.

I don't have time to talk to all of you, but just caught a couple of things.

HEART---I hope you are patting yourself on the back a lot these days, because you look mahhhhvelous, darling!!! Wow, what a difference from your before pictures. That has to be such a great incentive for you. Keep it up. You're an inspiration. With all that you've got going on in your life, you still were able to lose weight! You are AWESOME!!!!!

DEB---Thanks for that reminder to put that yard work on the exercise board. I'll wager I bent over at least 100 times yesterday while scooping up those leaves and putting them into the bags. What a waistline workout! My back is pretty sore this morning, but I don't mind. The weather has been so perfect that it was a joy to be outside. Our yard is really cleaned up now and that feels great!

Okay, that's it from here. I think we're going out to take Miss M for a walk in the neighborhood. She loves all those wonderful new smells!

Hope you all have a beautiful day. Catch you later.
Kim
Old 03-16-2003, 10:47 AM   #172  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING!

The movies were GOOD...Didn't think about turning off any of them!

NEVER GOT RAIN!!!!

Off to take the movies back and then I"ll check in later...

BOB
Old 03-16-2003, 03:51 PM   #173  

Good Sunday Afternoon all- Cloudy and windy here. Been raining for the last 3 or 4 days. But I guess since we didn't get hardly any snow this winter, we need the moisture. Will probably be another very dry summer. Sure hope not.

Deb--thanks for the ideas. I guess I am still doing alot of PP stuff. I really have to calm myself down when I see the carb count on Fitday. I know that I am eating way to much fat for SB, but old habits are hard to break. I have been trying to use more Pam, and cut out alot of my cheese. The broccoli salad has very little shredded cheddar, but it all adds up. The milk shake sounds good. Where do I find the carob powder? I have stevia extract, but not the packets. (I make a liquid out of it---is it better to use than splenda?) Here is my menu for yesterday.....and it contains way too much fat also, but only because of the PP mistake again. I used heavy whipping cream to make my dessert chiffon to take over to Uncle and Aunts. Of the breakfast meats, I thought Canadian Bacon had the least amount of fat, so I bought a sack at Costco.

Total: 1580
Fat: 93 841 56%
Sat: 50 453 30%
Poly: 2 16 1%
Mono: 10 90 6%
Carbs: 109 284 19%
Fiber: 37 0 0%
Protein: 92 370 25%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

B--7 oz strawberries--4 slices Canadian Bacon, 1/2 c Fiber One, 1/4 c 1% milk, 2 mugs Decafe.

Snack-- 1 round of Canadian Bacon, 1 oz Cheddar Jack

L--6 grapes--5 oz Corned Beef, 4 oz cabbage, 2 oz carrots, 1/2 c Jello dessert. (SF Jell-o, heavy cream, cream cheese.)

D--Orange-- 1 c Chili Con Carne with Beans, 1/2 cup Jell-o dessert.

Water--144 oz.

I have a couple of more questions for you all. Am I driving you nuts yet? Sorry!

What do those of you who make your own WW breads, use in place of the sugar? My recipe for WW bread in my machine calls for both sugar and honey.

Is it better for me to use Pam instead of Olive Oil to cook with? And do you use Butter?

I know that winter squashes are considered a starch, but is spaghetti squash okay to eat along with zucchini, and summer squash.

What are some of your favorite vegetables other than the salad veggies? ie... romaine,green onions, cucumber, tomato, radishes.

What is Agave Nectar, and what do I use it for? Where do I find it?

I would like to make a beef stew, is it okay to flour my meat in WW flour? I will not eat the potatoes, but would it be okay to put them in for DH?

I really want to give the wol a fair shot, sorry if I sound completely incompetent.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:34 PM   #174  

Awww, guys- I'm blushing, really! Thanks for the compliments. Hubby has been showering me with compliments the past couple of days also. Last night we went over to hubby's Uncle's house to eat supper- well, guess what?! It was a fish fry. I mean everything was fried- potatoes, hushpuppies, fish, coleslaw and cake. I was sooo hungry that I helped myself to seconds on everything. I really don't care for fried food..I am paying for it dearly today,though. I'm all swollen and puffy. I'm back on track today and glad to be- I don't like feeling this way and it definetly wasn't worth it. Next time I'll ask what they are serving before I go and may have to bring my own plate. Anyway, everyone was asking how I've been losing weight and I told them it's SB, but it's a WOE for life, not a diet. No one believed I weigh 200 pounds, but I do(today even more,lol). It does feel good receiving all these compliments and feeling attractive again after several years of not.

TEENSY- I use Pam and olive oil- guess it depends on what your're cooking. WW flour is okay- go easy on it though. Don't see why you can't add the potatoes for hubby- just pick them out of your portion. I love summer squash. Veggies- love green beans, cabbage, squash, mushrooms, etc.. today I made some mushrooms in red cooking wine and 2 tbl butter made with tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. I cooked them on low for a good hour or more until they cooked down and were almost gravy like. Really yummy.
Old 03-16-2003, 08:50 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Sunday evening,

Just finished working out and though I would check in for a minute.

had a busy weekend, ballgames, running here and there, shopping, etc. Now back to the grind.

Deb, DD arrived in Ft l today. The cab driver told her the Days Inn on Broward Blvd was a pretty bad part of town. He took them there but said he didn't feel good about leaving them. So he alled another hotel Miramac, and got them in there. Thank goodness there are still some nice people int his world. She is pretty competent and can handle most things. She is still my baby and i worry about her. I was a wreck all afternoon,e ven though I knew they were in a safe place. Motherhood. I'll be glad when next Sunday gets here and she is home.

Went shopping today for something to wear to the rehearsal dinner and nieces wedding. Got 4 outfits. probably won't keep them all but was in a hurry to get home so I bought them all. It is such a good feeling to try things on that actually fit and look nice. One dress was an 8 and the rest were 10's. One 10 was way too big so I'm going to another store to see if they have it in an 8. Got a basic black dress. Everyone needs one of those. Now just hav to decide what to pick. Still havent piked between the 2 dresses I have for the wedding. Everytime I ask someone, half like the navy one and the other half likes the periwinkle one. I will have to decide soon so I can find shoes.

Mont, We cut our roses back in the fall. Almost to the ground. Cut off all the dead, etc. Put mulch around them and wait for spring. Do I need to do more now? I hate that you aren't seeing any progress. I know how discouraged you must be. I know you don't want to hear "hang in there" but that's all I can offer. Things will change for you I promise.

Fillise, I guess if we can't be astronauts, we can just stand on our heads!

Quilter, sounds like you got your yard in tip top shape. That was some good exercise. Your arms are probably sore today.

Sef, sorry to hear you are tired and achy. But food only comforts for a short time and then you have to deal with the consequences of it. Jump back on that wagon and back on te board. We are here to help you.

Bob, Well you missed a good one if you didn't get to see the cats. How about those gators gtting a 2 seed and UT not getting in. I thought they should have.

LDblond, Hope you are feeling better today.

Agape, hope you are having a great weekend.

Miata, good for you making it to curves 5 days. Congrats on the large pants. A new size feels good. How funy that car has mushrooms. How stupid of the thief.

Tennsybean, your menu looks good to me. Carrots are ok in moderation. I use both Pam and olive oil. Agave is like honey and mostly used to bake with. Squash and zuchinni are fine. Yes you can flour your meat with ww flour.

Chris, Congrats on sticking to a healthy bf. You will see results from it i'm sure. Much better than that greasy McD stuff.

Heartmon, Your pic is so pretty. I just love your pretty hair. The kids are cuties too. that beer still is made from malt and a no-no.

Country, everybody deserves a day to do what they love. Have fun surfing.

Deb, enjoyed our little chat. Thanks for calling. Who are you kidding, there isn't any fat on that body. Those that have seen you will testify to that. I have a questions about the pot pies. They had 2 kinds. One was a white box and showed a real dark pot pie. It had no sugar 3 fibers, The other one was in a green box and said whole wheat top crust. It had 2 or 3 sugars and only 2 fuber but also had potatoes in it. Which one is the right one and how many breads does it count as? Good job on getting 5 days of exercise in.

Need to go check on DH. probably asleep in front on the tv. Been cutting net to wrap the wine charms in. I finally finished them all yesterday. Now to wrap them all up. Whew!

Have a great night. See you all tomorrow.

Jackie
Old 03-16-2003, 11:12 PM   #176  

TEENSY: I make my own bread. I use agave in place of the sugar. You can use a bit of sugar to proof the yeast. If you can find the agave that would be better, or use fructose, or even a bit of concentrated apple juice. Go ahead and make your stew with the taters, just don't cook them to death, and pick them out. That is what I do. I am not the fastest loser, but I don't think it has anything to do with any stew I have made! As for veggies, I love salad stuff, but I like green beans, broccoli and spinach, and brussel sprouts. I love eating raw cauliflower, carrots and celery with a bit of ranch dressing. Agave by the way, is made from the agave plant, is the consistency of honey. It is 100% fructose, though. (honey is 50% glucose, and 50% fructose, so it is not legal) It is hard to find agave, but check with health food stores. Some have it. You can also order it on the web at a few places. Golden Tropical is on place. Splenda is ok, but if you like stevia, it is probably better. I don't use either, but some granulated pure fructose, and agave. I use olive oil, and rarely use cooking spray. I also use some butter, but I always buy the organic to avoid the chemicals and hormones. The price keeps me from overeating it! Hope that helps.

JACK: Thanks for the encouraging words. I wish I could believe that everything will be ok. It has been like this for me for a long time. It has taken me almost four years to lose 43 pounds. Some days, it seems like too much hassle, but I have not given up yet.

DEB: If I was going to hit a stall the size of a brick wall, I wish I could be like you,and hit it closer to goal. I wish there was some way to figure it out.... Hope you can get back to where you want to be...

QUILTER: I did my treadmill today...I wanted to wimp out at 20 minutes but I kept thinking about you and COUNTRY and stuck it out.

BOB: Glad you liked the movies! Your new avatar is cute!

Ok, I am ready to drop. I only got one rose pruned. I came in and prepared some of the canes from the rose I pruned to try and root them. Hopefully, I will get a couple rooted cuttings out of it. After church, we went to Waffle House with a group. I got a salad. It was not too bad. I am SO tired now! So sweet dreams everyone!
Closed Thread