Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What are you most comfortable in wearing out in public?
Stretchy Pants (workout wear type) 2 5.71%
Jeans 18 51.43%
Casual Pants 5 14.29%
Dress Pants 2 5.71%
Skirts 2 5.71%
Dresses 0 0%
Shorts 2 5.71%
Other 1 2.86%
If it was an option, I'd go out NAKED!!!! 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 08:53 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Thursday morning,

Hope everyone is ready to face the day. It is raining here, but going to be 60. So you can't have everything. It is supposed to be nice for the weekend.

Nothing going on with me. Just an usual day. Hope to sneak some time in to work on invitations, just got SIL's mother's list.

GBMM, Congrats on that 1 lb. Hey its a stick of butter. Take anything you can get.

Tranquil, Only 2 more pounds to go and you will be on your way to all time new lows. You can do it. Just keep that in mind this weekend and you will be fine. Have fun in Orlando.

Kim, thanks for the sweet words. Heck you have been inspiring me to stay legal as wellas you are doing. Have fun at the spelling bee. Didyou study the dictionary last night? Hope you win.

Monet, You did great on your fiber and water today. Hope you got a good night's sleep and feel better today. Don't worry about those 2 lbs. they could be hormonal or last night's dinner. I'm sure they will be gone in no time. We'll let you slide on the TM yesterday buy you have to promise to do it today. DD doesn't have time to et excited. SHe works so late and the kids wear her out and then school all weekend. There's hardly time. I think once the showers start, she will get more into it. Beads are coming along, only 2 more colors to go.

Heartmom, 70 lbs is awesome. You are doing so great. I would guess around 155 would be a good wt. Deb probably has a site for you.

Country, That yogurt sounds yummy. You are kicking butt on the treadmill. Keep up the good work.

Serene, Hope you are feeling better and your spirits are picking up. Time heals all wounds.

Deb, Prayers for your dad. Hope everything goes ok. I know you ar enot going to eat a gallon of ice cream for candy. You are learning the right things and that is the most important thing. Those pounds will come off.

Have a great day everyone.

Jackie

257/159/145
10-10-01
Old 03-13-2003, 09:07 AM   #107  

Good morning everyone. Still on a sightseeing frenzy with son from Ohio but will take a minute to read the board while they sleep. I am finding myself eating small "cheats" everyday but at least I have been mostly under control--just because I have company that is not reason to gain weight, right? I've been working hard to get all my water and exercise in. I haven't had time to figure out fiber yet.

Blonde--don't you love nice surprises? Wtg on the loss

Deb-I just read your long post tht you wrote after your WI. I'm sure you will lose by June 10-your body is just being stubborn for some reason. I'd be interested in hearing how you are doing with the 1200 cal goal. It doesn't sound like much food. But I know as I get older I'm supposed to need less food--why do I still enjoy it as much as ever though? One of life's many cruel jokes? I really admire you getting out there and walking even when you don't feel like it. Sending prayers for your dad. My dad is sick right now and they don't know what is wrong with him. I hate being so far away from him at this time.

Fillise-5 pounds is a great loss! I hope you enjoy all the teens this summer. I love being around teens, but that many?? Wow!

Miata-I bet you will be glad to get your car back! You must have figured it was gone forever.

Welcome Cjengo. I think your breakfast and lunch look fine for those 2 meals. I'll read on and see what dinner was.

Crystle-You have lost a ton of weight. You must feel great. Do you flavor your yogurt with frozen juice concentrate? Sounds delish.

Laurie--How is your son feeling? I like your ways to raise self-esteem--right up my alley with the manicure.

Chris-You must be so thrilled with your weight loss!

Wendy good luck with the mini goal. It sounds like Miles was blessed to have you in his life. It must have been hard for the end to some so quickly though. Thanks for sharing your story.

Dawn-Congrats on your huge loss. Thanks for the info on the corn syrup too.

Jackie-I KNOW you work harder than I do with all your lifting. Did your loss help motivate you -- I am just so excited for you that you got into the 150s.

Hey flour lady-I mean Monet. Is this the almond granola that is on the recipe site that you are making? My mouth is watering while reading about it. And I think I just gained a few pounds reading about the warm bread--sounds heavenly. Is your dh doing SB? You are doing great with our challenges.

Tranquil have fun at Universal. What a nice thing to do with your son.

GBMM-don't you love this WOE???> That's great that you saw a loss.

Kim-How was the spelling bee? Did it get competitive? I can now run 30 minutes but I do it outside. I have been working up slowly since January. I started out running 1 minute, walking 2. It is fun to see the progress.

Have a great Thursday everyone. I will check back later on this evening.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:30 AM   #108  
Hanging in There

Angry

Thank you all for caring about Goldie, my lab mix. At this point I'm not sure what it is, but I'm taking her in next month for x-rays and maybe a blood test. She was diagnosed with lymphoma back in November, and has been on oral meds since then. She looks and is doing OK, but the vet did feel that mass last Saturday. Poor golden dog! She's so sweet--I'll post a picture of here as soon as I can. Seems like only yesterday when I adopted her--an uncertain 2-1/2 year old, and here she is a VERY self-assured 11 year old. I've talked it over it with my husband, and as always, her welfare is #1. We'll see what the x-rays say and go from there. For the time being, she'll continue getting her spoonful of peanut butter nightly--makes the meds go down easier.
LOL about the hiking boots. I don't know how much they weigh, but I know they're a lot more durable and supportive--not to mention waterproof--than sneakers.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:56 AM   #109  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Morning All

Got in a slow walk this morning. Really didn't feel like going but knew I just had to go. Took me an hour and 3 minutes to do my 4.5 miles but the main thing is that I went, not the time.

The scale is put back. I thought it had been yesterday but when I woke up this morning there it was, calling my name. Wish I had changed my name, got on it and saw a 2lb gain since yesterday Now, I KNOW there's no way in **** that I gained 2lbs, esp. since yesterday! I know this is hormones because I know what I'm doing right and that I'm doing nothing wrong, so I'm definitely NOT stressing. The scale is put away until probably the WIW of the 26th.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

6.7oz Aisan pear
6.7oz spinach-cooked
ww chicken pot pie
.8oz pb flour
1 c nf lactaid milk
1 Boca Berger
1sl sf bread
3 sf sour tarts (tiny things)
1/2oz relish
5oz blackberries
1 ag cookie
21grams (less than an ounce) ww bread crumbs
.3oz parmesan cheese
7.8oz pork chop
1oz pure cranberry juice
1 indv. sf jello

That was 1205 calories (little lower than my intended 1400) 37 grams of fat (which is exactly on the money!) 115 grams of carbs ( alittle low, 38% of my total instead of my usual 45%), 104 grams of protein (a bit higher than my intended 27.5%, at 35%) 32.5 grams of fiber and 79% of RDA of calcium. I had about 2.5 fruits and a 3 starchy carbs. Anyone have any input?

Going to do my volunteer work at the ministry today. I hear they got in a truckload of foods last week so I'm sure I'll be stocking the shelves today. Hope they have some stuff I want, like my chick peas! Breads come today so we'll get a loaf or two and whatever else tickles the fancy.

TRANQUIL, have a wonderful time over in O-Town this weekend. Wish I could come up and meet you! I'm telling you, when I do make it up to Jax, you'll have to take me to all these wonderful places, the foods sounds great. Glad to scale cooperated with you this week Keep up the great work!!!

QUILTER, sounds like you have not only a busy day, but a fun day as well. Too bad Al Gore isn't around to spell potatoe!!!! LOL!! Sorry to have scared you there for a second, I knew that was going to happen, but not intended

MONET, good job with the fiber yesterday!!! I was only 1 gram above you.

HEART, sounds like you had some nice pampering last night, even if it was at your own hands. Next time you'll have to have someone pamper you!!! I think it's hard for us to really "see" ourselves after a loss, it takes time to get use to seeing the "new you". I still see someone who's heavy, but not as heavy as I was. I don't think I'll ever see myself as being slim, esp. with all the hanging flab on this body! Are you sure you have a large frame? I thought I had and I'm almost a small frame, but still a medium as the standard goes. For your height 150 sounds good and is in range with what the charts recommend.

COUNTRY, the yogurts sound yummy! I puree fruit and put them in an ice cube tray so when I want some fruit yogurt I just pop one of those babies in with a little sweetener (after it thaws of course) and go to town! DELISH! What's rumble cube?

SERENE, I don't think any of us is happy to see the scale go up, esp. when we know we're on track and know it should be going down, but I'm not going to let that get to me, not this time. I'll get back down to my comfort zone again. I'm actually comfortable where I am, believe it or not, but knowing I was weighing less, I want to get back down there again. Things are a bit tighter than I'd like at this point but overall, I feel great!

MONET, OMG, you too? Geez, what's with the scale today? It's not TWO'S DAY, though it seems it is for us! What's this crap? WHOA, I wonder why the price of the agave is so cheap. Do you know if it's the old or new bottle?

LIN, I'm sure those small cheats are being walked off by your sightseeing adventures. Best to try and take some legal snacks with you in knowing you are going out for the day, better for you and sure will save some money, as well as heartache should the scale have it's own agenda! I didn't intend to do 1200 calories yesterday, it just happened to be as such. It's really not all that much difference if you think about it, from 1400 to 1200. Thanks for the good wishes about my DD, and same to yours!

DAWN, would love to see a pic of GOLDIE. Have DH take it so you can be in it too. We love to see our board members, always nice to put a name and a face together.

Well, I've caught up! Great! I'M GOING TO GO POST SOME RECIPES ON THE RECIPE BOARD!!!

Will check in later!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 03-13-2003, 09:58 AM   #110  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning.

The kids are eating their bowls of cereal so I thought I would sneak on real quick. I can't believe I drank 100 oz of water yesterday. I think it was the extra sweating..I was soooo thirsty after walking last night.

Linwothlady....No, I used a little fresh juice in mom's yogurt. I don't eat it so we just kinda fell into making it. She was eating the store bought stuff and I felt like it was too high in sugar for her. She likes the homemade flavors much better. We used two fresh strawberries per serving. And in the banana strawberry one we added half a small banana.

Deb...praying for your dad.

Monet...thanks for the tip on cheese. This crew eats it almost as fast as get the wrappr off..but I know one day when they are all grown it might have a chance to sit in the fridge. Hang in there..sorry the scales were so mean. I have those mornings. I get up look in the mirrow sideways and think....man I know I've lost some weight today..NOT..very hard emotionally.

Jack-k...so are we gonna get to see a picture of you one day?

DawnStorm...I love hiking boots, but there is no way I would get on the scales with them...LOL Praying for your dog.

Thank you Wendy. ((hugzz))

Well they are threating to kill each other...mom to the rescue. I'll sneak back on later and say howdy.

Love,
Crystle

235/156/140-135
Old 03-13-2003, 10:07 AM   #111  

Default Rumble Cube

Deb...it's a game at www.msn.com it's a lot like tetris but different. You can place the cubes anywhere there is a blank space not just at the top. When you place them in certain spots it causes an earthquake.

Love,
Crystle
Old 03-13-2003, 10:19 AM   #112  

Here is a little more information about me. I am 27, married with a 5 and 2 year old. My husband works nights so I am home alone with the monsters and so I do not like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking. I live on salads since I have everything cut up and ready to. I can just throw everything together and I am ready. In addition to what I had yesterday:

S - orange

D - salad, peas and I shared a ribeye steak with my son

I did my 3 mile walk away pounds tape around 7 last night. I did get hungry again at 8:30 so I had a string cheese. I am trying to eat slower so maybe I can actually eat more at my meal. As it is now I usually can not finish what is on my plate. I am also trying not to drink anything with my meal. I got myself a very small glass of water to drink with my dinner and only took little drinks.

So far today:

B - 2 eggs scrambled, 1 piece whole wheat toast with some butter, apple with sugar free peanut butter.

for lunch I have a salad with lettuce and low fat cheese and a can of tuna mixed with 1 tablespoon mayo and 2 tablespoons salsa and some triscuits.

I posted on sweettalk yesterday and got some answers that I did not eat enough and then some said I had too much. I wish I had a clear answer.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:28 AM   #113  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Thursday Morning!

[COLOR=teal]
Good Morning all!

Belle is watching a couple of stray kittens out on the terrace, so she might actually let me get a good post in!

Good day yesterday--so at day 8. I have the makings for a huge salad for lunch today--will put some tuna on it as my protein.

Miata--That's great that they found your car! I hope you have it back home soon!

Tom--You are welcome! Have you checked out Deb's reading library? I think you can access it on the main SugarBuster's page.

CJ--Welcome! I thought your b-fast and lunch menus looked fine. Hang in there. Stalls are not uncommon as your body needs some time to adjust. You will begin losing again soon.

Crystle--Hey-WTG on getting back to your low!!!!! The lobster was delish--and totally legal. I treat myself like that from time to time because it is almost impossible to feel deprived when you are eating lobster!

Heart--Yes, treat yourself! I'm fond of manicures--it feels like such pampering and, depending on what you get done, shouldn't be more than 20 bucks (inlcuding tip). If you really want to feel pampered, get a pedicure. 70 lbs is great!!!! WTG!

Chrisb--No those BF's are pure poision! Stay away!!!!! You can invest in a small stash of SB legal chocolate for emergency purposes (I like Shiffenbarger's nibby bars). Remember we do not have to totally deprive ourselves on this WOE. I just wouldn;t make the bars a habit.

Wendy--WooooHooo on the new low! You go girl! You break the 200 barrior in no time!

Monet--When I get to Atlanta--the first place we go is to Harry's! Is the state farmer's market still in Atlanta?

Dawn--congrats on the loss. I would think that hiking boots would be good for several lbs! I'm sorry your puppy is sick. It is good that you will put the welfare of your pet first!

Teensy--It is fun to read how everyone is coming around to our way of thinking and eating! When I started this WOE people thought I was nuts when I said it was sugar, not fat I was worried about!

Jackie--Yes, we know what to do--now we just have to keep doing it!

GBMM--Good for you getting the walk in!

Sabrina--Have fun at WDW! You and I are about in the same place, shall we slide down the scale together?

Kim--Thanks for the pep talk! I hate that you know what I'm going through, but it is nice to hear that we can survive it! I hope you enjoy the fish.

Deb--I hope you get good news about your Dad. I have never ordered clothers before--especially slacks, but Lands End gives you the measurements and they let you return anything--and they hem the lacks for you, so why not? If I don't like them or they don't fit I can send them back.

Linworth--can you pack some legal munchies that might help prevent those small cheats?

I hope everyone has a good day today!

Susan
300/268.5/150
Old 03-13-2003, 02:10 PM   #114  

The day is almost over...wow...

I did my treadmill, Jack-K and Quilter!! I thought of Country as I was doing it, and thought, if she can get in 65 minutes, I can sure as heck do 30! I listened to my Michael W. Smith CD and when 20 minutes came and went I was feeling pretty good about it all! I ran a good bit too, to get the ole heart rate up. I am still feeling a bit shakey from it. I followed up the TM time with about 45 minutes in the yard, pruning roses. I only got six done, but they are the harder ones to do, as they are much bigger. I only have about 42 more to go! At this rate, I will be done by June! Hopefully, the smaller ones will be easier. I felt really hot and tired when I finally stopped. Dietpower says I burned off another 300 calories doing it...wow!

DEB: The agave bottle is the new one, I think. It is a taller squeeze bottle, and has a pink and yellow label. The shelf was full, so I hope they keep it in. At least now, I know what I am looking for. They have had the shelf tag up in the past, but I did not know what it looked like.

FILLISE: The state farmers market is still here, down south of the airport. I have not been there in years! I don't think you save enough $$ to make the trip worth while, unless you buy a lot. They are talking about having a farmer's market in a neighboring town for local people to sell their produce at. I hope it pans out, and the prices are good. My SIL is working on a garden in our backyard for us to share. Between him, and my hubby- the farm boy- we should have a good yield.

CJENGO: I like your idea of having everything ready to throw together a salad! Sometimes I make tabbouleh, or bulghur bean salad, and keep it in the fridge so I can grab it quick. I always love salad, but sometimes, it just seems like so much work! (I am terribly lazy!)

DAWN: I can't walk in hiking boots! I had a pair, and they were ok when we were in the mountains, but my foot feels so trapped in them! My husband is rather weird about shoes. He hates them, and swears it is better to go barefoot! He even jogs barefoot! He tries to encourage everyone in the family to do as he does!

LIN: Its understandable when you are on the go to slip up some, but you will probably be happier if you can plan some way not to. If I am going to be out a long time, I grab a protein bar to carry to help, or some beef jerky. I get the Nitro Tech bars, and they are pretty good, and filling. I like the S'more flavor. How much longer will your son be visiting? The granola recipe is not the one on the board...I did not know there was one on here! This one is one I found on Soar, and adapted. I can post it if you want me to.

JACK: I did the treadmill, and even got out and pruned...

opps...gotta go fast...be back to finish later!
Old 03-13-2003, 04:14 PM   #115  

Default Monet....

You go girl! If I ran I think I would fall out. I am beet red when I get off that treadmill. I wonder if it will ever get easier. I love to watch T.V. or listen to music when I walk also. Sometimes I get silly and shimmy or do disco arms...or reach like on the walk video but not too much. *smile* It makes the kids laugh. I'd love to have so many roses. I had two bushes but the goat ate them so I give up till the goat is gone.

Love,
Crystle
Old 03-13-2003, 04:30 PM   #116  

Good afternoon ladies,

Getting ready to run home. DH is cutting fish for the fish fry so I am going to run some errands. May do some shopping too!

Lin, Prayers for your dad also. Hope they can figure out the problem. I bet you have seen everything there is to see in Charleston this week. Yes the more I lose the more mitivated I get.I thought I would be happy as a size 10, but now want the 8's. But I wouldn't be a size 8 if it weren't for the wt training. Its funny to way 159 pounds and be a size 8 or 10. I started doing the walking/running thing and never progressed past the first 2 minutes. Good for you getting up to 30 minutes.

Deb, my only opinion on your food was 3 carbs. I try never to eat more than 2. Just me. Spinach is your only veggie. I know you don't like them. Me neither, but i force myself to eat them. I can't get over how you have the time to measure everything so exact and write it all down with the calories and fat and carbs. Wow.

Country, one day soon, when I have a good hair day. I got a laugh out of the goat eating your roses.

Cjengo, IMHO I don't think you are eating too much. Deb can answer that better though. Your day looks good so far today. Why no water with meals? I wish I could eat salads as much as you do. They taste great out, but the homemade ones are not as good. Why is that? I tire of them quickly.

Fillise, Woo Hoo for you on 8 days OP. Keep up the good work. There's a lot of Lent left to go.

Monet, WTG on getting that TM in today. See what you can do when we pester you. Wow 48 rose bushes? They must be beautiful. I have 4. Please post the granola recipe. It sounds delish.

Have a great evening. See ya tomorrow.

Jackie
157/159/145
10-10-01
Old 03-13-2003, 04:34 PM   #117  

Default I'm Back!!

Sorry I ran off without finishing! The doorbell rang, and I remembered I had someone coming over, and I had to run and answer it!

Back to the replies:

JACK: I am glad you are making progress on the beads! How many colors are you putting on?

MEESH: How are you doing? That cereal sounds interesting! I got a few good ones at the farmers market yesterday. I am thinking though, that I am overdoing it with cereals. I do love them...but I am wondering if I would lose better if I didn't eat any of them. Are your hands all better from the pressure problem?

COUNTRY: I think it does get easier as you get more conditioned. If you can increase your speed a couple times until you are jogging at least, even if only for 30 seconds, it helps. I find when I train like that, I make progress pretty quickly. I noticed that once when I was someplace and had to run up the stairs to be on time. I was amazed at the fact I was barely out of breath, where a few weeks before, I would have been sucking in air like a vacuum cleaner!

Ok, I believe I am caught up! whew! Now its time for a nap or something!
Old 03-13-2003, 04:56 PM   #118  

Monet,

There are 5 different colored big beads with 2 different little beads on each side. It makes you have to think alot.

Jackie
Old 03-13-2003, 05:10 PM   #119  

JACK-K, haha! Bet you are not sipping on margaritas while you are doing them! Hope you post of picture of them. I would like to see what you have been talking about!
Old 03-13-2003, 06:53 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I had this big post I was writing earlier, when the electricity went out. It's been storming today. I love the warmer weather, but we're overdue for some sunshine. Anyway, I've eaten waayyy too many starchy carbs today, but at least I've been legal. The scale was at 201 this morning. Hopefully, I didn't blow it.

Monet- LOL- yes, I'm sporting my white feet in my sandals today with my toe rings.

Deb- Yes, I'm really large framed- got it from my Dad. I have big hands,feet, etc. When I was at my heaviest I would have people tell me "you're not fat, just big boned" What's up with that?! Like Hello, I know I'm fat when I have rolls and jello thighs,duh. But big is beautiful- fat ain't- definetly a difference. I can't explain the difference in the metal monster from day to day. With me it's usually fluid or if I ate something heavy. Your persistance will pay off- you know you're on plan and exercising. Maybe for now you should take your measurements weekly and go by that.

Guys, I gotta run.
Closed Thread