Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What are you most comfortable in wearing out in public?
Stretchy Pants (workout wear type) 2 5.71%
Jeans 18 51.43%
Casual Pants 5 14.29%
Dress Pants 2 5.71%
Skirts 2 5.71%
Dresses 0 0%
Shorts 2 5.71%
Other 1 2.86%
If it was an option, I'd go out NAKED!!!! 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 08:38 PM   #151  

Default Friday Night

Hi Everybody!

Well, it's Friday night and I'm waiting for Paul to get home. He's working on a freelance computer job and wants to get enough done so that he doesn't have to work on it over the weekend. So I'm trying to get caught up. I think I'll work backward so that I don't miss anything good.

My eating was MUCH better today. Thank god for that! I also raked and bagged out in the front yard and picked up sticks and lifted that barge and toted that bail. Well, almost. So I figure that was an extra workout. I didn't get my water in yesterday, but did really well with it M-W and then again today. I'm getting in a little over 72 oz. How's that?

FILLISE---So glad to hear the plumber came through. I hope that he kept his pants higher than the equator and that you didn't get "a show" when he bent over. We've got a plumber who is adorable and knows where his waitline truly is. Hey, I want to know more about that pedometer. Sounds great!!! BTW, I did pass up the sweet desserts that were down on the end of the same table with the fruit and cheese. So I did feel good about that. Hey, I thought that was cute about Miss Belle watching some stranger kitties outside. Do you think that's like her television?

MONET---I hate to hear that you are getting discouraged. I know this probably sounds trite, but just hang in there. I do know one thing and that is that you have already lost a bunch of weight. So when you are feeling down and "stalled," you never mention all those other pounds that are history for you. So, girlfriend, hang on and focus on what you have already done. Perhaps you might need to take a few weeks away from the scale and focus on something else. And when that dr. puts you on that scale, just avert your eyes from the numbers. Hey, I just read your great report from a couple of days ago where you got MWSmith to help you on that TM and then pruned your roses. AWESOME!!!! I hope you feel better really soon so you don't have to forego the TM because you don't feel up to it. Get that doctor by the ear and make him get you all back to 100%. HUGS!!!!!

JACKK---Yes, the fruit and cheese aren't illegal, but I do think that I went over my calorie total for that day. And that bugs me. I guess I'm trying to burn more than I'm putting in. Glad to hear you treated yourself to a new bra. That's always fun. I get mine at Victoria Secret and just love how they feel. They are expensive, but worth it when they don't drive you crazy by 3 p.m. BTW, I can't be on a team since our organization hosts it. We have access to the word lists, so that would not be good at all. But I hear that a lot of the teams are doing some serious studying for this event. Funny, huh? But we really do give great prizes for the top three teams.

DEB---The team that won the Spelling Bee was from a place called Ohio National Financial Services. I'm glad they won because they've been long-time supporters of ours. Here's the word that they spelled correctly to win: metanoia. Don't ask me what it means, cause I've never heard of it. Frankly, I hadn't heard of HALF the words. It was really a tough competition.

TEENSY---I'll keep your sweet hubby in my prayers. I hope all goes well. Be sure to keep us posted.

DAWN---Sounds like you and your hubby feel the same way we do about our fur child. Ours is spoiled rotten. We adopted her back in '93, and can't imagine our home without her. She's getting a bit stiff and she also has some problems with one of her back legs. I could cry when it goes sliding out from under her, but I try not to. She hates when "mommy" cries. Good luck with Goldie. I hope she's better soon.

COUNTRY---That's so funny that we both get through those long TM sessions by striking deals with ourselves. "just two more minutes" I've said it to myself many, many times. This morning I even got my telephone buddy to to go 40 minutes this morning. How cool is that? I was so proud of her. After she hung up I did one jog of about 100 steps. Tomorrow I will time how long it takes me to jog 100 steps and then I can go with increasing that time.

SERENE---I haven't even had time to properly respond to your post about Myles'. I am so very sorry that you had to make that difficult decision. I know that you miss him terribly. But I also know that he was well aware of who loved him and who was his mommy and how great you made his life as opposed to how it was when he was racing. Thank goodness he went quickly for his sake. We don't like seeing our babies suffer. You take care. I hugged Maddie really hard after I read that and gave her a couple of extra treats and said a prayer of thanks that she's still with me.

BOB---How's Kate feeling? Any news??? Glad to hear you got your AC fixed. I can't even imagine needing AC yet. I just managed to get my car washed and vacuumed today. Of course, I paid the nice men down at the car wash place to do it.

Is ROSALIE on vacation? Where is MELF??? Where is YELLOWROSE??? Where is TONI????? Where is GRACIOUS??? Where is SOLSHINE???? Where is GATORGAL???? I'm taking attendance and you girls have unexcused absences.

Okay, I think I got to everybody. You all have a GREAT Saturday. We're going to work in the yard all day tomorrow. Then one of my nieces is coming to spend the night on her way back to school. Guess I'd better get those sheets clean and her room dusted.

Catch you later. Remember: NO GUILT WEEKENDS ALL AROUND!!!!!

Kim
Old 03-14-2003, 09:54 PM   #152  
sef

HiedieHo All!

If you had asked me, I would have sworn I posted this week! I have been so busy. I figure if I'm busy I have less time to feel. But feeling always returns!

Last night was HFH board meeting. We're having a Collegiate Challenge this month. Suddenly I'm in charge of organizing and notifying everyone that there will be a Potluck Supper for them in two weeks. I told them I could not lug tables and chairs! I made up an invitation this morning. Will get it in the mail.

I wish I could say I have been good, but I can't! I get tired and I ache all the time and feel like I need comforting I guess. What comforts more than food? Maybe a man! Forget I said that!

I will try to be more diligent about posting.

Take care all, Shirley
Old 03-14-2003, 10:11 PM   #153  

Tonight was rather discouraging. Tom told me I could order a bathing suit from this company that makes tan through suits. I have wanted one since he got his first one three or four years ago. I have been thinking of getting it as a reward for losing enough to FIT into one. So I pulled out the tape measure, and measured. I don't understand how I can lose weight, but not inches! I was the same, or even several inches larger than I was six months ago when I measured. I was pretty depressed about that. I was hoping I could order a bathing suit, and not have to get the biggest one they made, which doesn't give you any choice in color or style. Now I am thinking I should not get one yet, since I don't think it would fit right even if I got the largest size they make. I just don't understand. Last month, I lost ten pounds. This month, I lost about seven, then it keeps creeping back up. I am doing the same things...eating the same, exercising the same. I am even drinking more water, and getting in more exercise, but I am not making any progress. Some times, the struggle seems to overwhelm me, and this is one of those times. I wanted to chop the tape measure into little pieces, scream and cry. Nothing is going to change the fact that for some reason, my body fights weight loss with everything its got.

Well, thanks for letting me vent.

I got in 108 oz of water so far today. Fiber was 22.9 grams.

Night!

Last edited by Ellen; 03-14-2003 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:17 PM   #154  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MONET.....I'll loan you my THONG!!!! You can't even see IT for ME ....keep your chin up girlfriend...one morning you're gonna get up and wonder where you went!

JACKIE.....OH...MY...GAWD!!!! WE CAN'T GET THE CATS TONIGHT!!!!! THE STUPID HOCKEY GAME IS ON!!!!! ...HOCKEY IN FLA.......HMPF!!!!!

Climbing up in the four poster.....

BOB
Old 03-14-2003, 11:29 PM   #155  

Friday brings gastrointestinal troubles and a whole day of eating saltines and bread, just to try and settle things down. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be over and I'll be feeling better and back to normal eating.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:49 PM   #156  

Angry

Hi Ladies,
Sorry I've been away this long. I have been super busy. I have missed you something fierce! I am doing good and am still OP. I feel I will have a shocker when I visit the doctor, when it is weigh- in time.

Debbie~~~ I am very sorry to hear about your father. I will lift him up in prayer, it changes things, you know. And the nose bleed sounded awful. My daughter used to get them and they stopped as suddenly as they started. Never had one though.

Monet~~~ I can say, I know how you feel. You must hold on and you will reap the fruit of your seeds. I think you should stay away from the scales, too. Do you do weight training? And do you take supplements?

Well it is getting a little late here and I have to get going kinda early in the morning .

Everybody , have a great weekend. Hopefully, I will be able to check in tomorrow evening.

Goodnite,
LJunel (slim and healthy)
Old 03-14-2003, 11:56 PM   #157  

P.S. Debbie forgot to tell you I finally got Montignac's book, "Eat Yourself Slim". It shipped all the way from Canada. I have begun to read it along with 4 other books. Whewwww!!! Talk to you later.
LJunel
Old 03-15-2003, 12:57 AM   #158  

It's very late, so I thought I would just post my menu for the day, as Deb mentioned. Still trying to get more calories in. Trying for around 1800 for weight loss. Let me know what you think.

B--7oz strawberries--30g bacon, 1/2 c ff plain yoghurt flavored with 2g SF cider mix, 1/2 c Fiber One mixed into yoghurt.

L--Orange--1 Roast Beef Sandwich Wrap (1 ww tortilla, 3oz roast beef, 1/2oz lettuce, .8oz tomato, 1oz cheddar, 2 tsp mustard)with 4 oz homemade coleslaw (cabbage, red pepper, mayo, vinegar, splenda, and celery seed)

Snack--4 rounds of canadian bacon with 1 oz cheddar jack cheese

Dinner--4.5oz grilled chicken breast, Dinner salad (2 c greens, .9 oz mushroom, 1.6oz grape tomatoes, with red wine vinegar) 3oz coleslaw, 2 oz homemade broccoli salad (broccoli, bacon, shredded cheddar, mayo, vinegar, splenda.) SF Jell-o.

According to fitday;

Calories Eaten Today

source grams cals %total
Total: 1399
Fat: 79 709 52%
Sat: 22 197 15%
Poly: 20 177 13%
Mono: 18 161 12%
Carbs: 97 234 17%
Fiber: 38 0 0%
Protein: 103 413 30%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Deb--This is alot of food for me, my veggies choices don't seem to help on increasing calories. Need some suggestions. My fat is up too much today....yesterday was better, but my carbs are way down. Fiber was the best ever!! What do I add? Do you really think 1800 calories is what I need? I am between 5'5'' and 5' 6''. I currently weigh 189 and my goal is 155.

Will post tomorows menu tomorrow night. We are invited over to my Uncles for Corned Beef and Cabbage tomorrow. Auntie Sue makes the best......I thought I read somewhere on this site, that a few carrots were okay once in awhile. That they weren't quite as high on the GI as once thought. What do you think. I can go without very easily.

Good Night my friends....sleep tight!!
Old 03-15-2003, 03:02 AM   #159  

Hi everybody, just wanted to check in with you and tell you I am doing great. I am drinking my water everyday, and tomorrow it will be 5 days for curves. I messed Wed . I am size "L" work pants and they are not making me sick (you know, they fit in the legs/butt but the stomach is so tight that evertime you move, it hurts your sides where the elastic rubbing. ) No..these feel normal, and good. Eating hasn't been totally totally perfect, but compared to last week, I am doing excellent.

As far as the car goes..you wil laugh..It has mushrooms growing in it..everywhere. the seats, the floor, the back...everywhere..the guy who stole it took it to Seattle, but he also did something stupid..when the car broke down (prob fuel pump/filter) he locked it and left some personal items in it..like his name. pictures of himself and his girlfriends, and undevelped film..Maybe the police will find him and we can get the money back from the tools he stole..May get the car running and get it back to Ukiah. Someone told me if we took it to a detailer they could get the mold/mushroooooms out of the seats..

Well got to get to bed, got to get up to do my Curves..

see ya

Kathy/Miata
Old 03-15-2003, 10:03 AM   #160  

good saturday morning!

I'm excited I finally found some good sgww bread. Vermont brand.

I am down to 146, this is very strange, I know it is a freak occurance and the scale will even out soon...but I do feel a lot better than I did 2 weeks ago. I am starting to turn down food. This moring DH got breakfast at McD's for him and the kids. I usually the the big breakfast which is eggs, bacon biscuit and hash browns. Sometimes its hard to throw the biscuit and hb away, sometimes I eat it. This moring I just felt too good to have that greasy temptation, so I sit here eating some cottage cheese with grapes and a peice of ww bread with pb. I'm feeling great!!

Monet, keep your chin up!!
Old 03-15-2003, 12:10 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Well, yesterday I was down to 200 and today the scale says 201- I've eaten wayyy too many starchy carbs in the past 2 days and my eyes are puffy so hopefully I can flush it out with alot of water. Did you guys know that there is a new low carbohydrate BEER?! It's Michelob Ultra- has 2 carbs and less than 1 gram fat for a 12 oz. bottle. Well, I went overboard Friday night and drank 6 of them!! I got sooo sick. I never want to drink again!!! I'm going to post a pic of me, Boogie, and Ashley at her party(was on Feb 7). The pic isn't that great of none of us- everyone looks kinda washed out. I'll be glad when I see a pic of myself without the double chin. But it's better than it used to be.

BOB and FILLESE- They were brown sandals not WHITE,lol.

Monet- I know where you are coming from- I have periods like that often. Just keep at it and it will start paying off. Sometimes, it seems like I will never lose, and then a few weeks go by and I lose several pounds- guess I do it in spurts.

Deb- I occasionaly get nose bleeds- your post cracked me up- you can be so graphic,lol. Sorry to hear about your Dad having cancer. Please keep us updated on how he's doing.
Old 03-15-2003, 03:16 PM   #162  

Hi...again, just wanted to tell you I got my Curves in today..5 for sure. Am planning on somekind of loss on Tuesday when I wI...Will get my water in, boy is that hard. I can't believe some of you guys drink over 100 oz..I think I would throw up and float awaaaay...I am very happy with my 64. Sometimes though becasue of the combination of water bottle I use, I have gone up to 70 something...Today I am down, but I have 12 hours to got my water in.

HeartMom..You look absolutely wonderful..And thanks for the tip on the beer..I don't drink that much but If I was to..it would be beer and it so sad that beer is one of worst with this woe..Thanks so much!!! And the part about never drinking again..I have hear that before!!! from me when I was younger!!!
If I ever get your direction..we would have a few of them beers, with a few tricuits ok???

Miata
Old 03-15-2003, 03:57 PM   #163  

Laurie,

I thought a MISSISSIPPI gal would know the difference!!!

BOB
Old 03-15-2003, 04:03 PM   #164  

SORRY SUSAN but TUBBY'S THE MAN!!!!

BOB
Old 03-15-2003, 05:34 PM   #165  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon.

Talk about a lazy Sat. I have done nothing much except computer today...love it.

HeartMom...love the picture of you and your kids.

Miata...wtg on getting your curves in. I agree with floating away..LOL I'm up to 100 oz and I never thought I would get here..and I do float..especially at night.

ChrisB....super on the new low. I would love to be in the 140's again...one day.

Teensy...you menu sounds good to me...I'm coming over to your house. What time is dinner..lol

Howdy agape...good to see you again.

((Monet)) I am so sorry you are feeling so down right now. About the tape...they can fib just like the scales...if you don't measure in the exact same spot..or leave it as loose or as tight as last time. If the scales are going down the inches will follow. If you want a suit I would get one...you will be in it come summer.

((Sef)) food has always been a comfort for me too. Hope your feel better soon.

Kim....you are doing so well on the treadmill. I would talk on the phone but my family teases me cause they can tell I'm out of breath...hehe It's too neat you have a phone walking buddy.

Love,
Crystle
Closed Thread