Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: So, Halloween is over, how well did you do on your prediction?
I did exactly as I said, just one piece! 1 4.17%
I did exactly as I said, not one piece! 13 54.17%
I did exactly as I said, jus had a piece of SB Legal Chocolate! 0 0%
I did exactly what I said that night, there after, it's a different story! 0 0%
I failed, but not too bad! 5 20.83%
I failed, and miserably at that! 1 4.17%
You mean Halloween is over? I'm still celebrating! 1 4.17%
I plead the Fifth. I'm not saying anything to incriminate myself! 2 8.33%
Other 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 11:22 AM   #76  

Good morning everyone. Just did my walk on my treadmill. I'm so pleased I was able to up my time by 5 min. and am able to walk it with no problems... WIW has gone well I lost a pound today. Its going slow but if it keeps up then thats fine by me.

Zanne- What a girl.... Thats what teaches you will power.. Over coming those things that tempt us. Yea for you strong girl...Glad you're holding your own with the weight.

meliris- There you are.... Its about time you popped back on... Great to see you. So sorry you won't be able to run the 13 miles. Sounds like you're doing great with your body fat... Hope you post more like you used to.

sef- Yum, glad your turkey soup turned out good. Sure sounds good on a cold and dreary day. Boy your recipe for the spinach sounds great and I'm going to try it. I've gotten tired of just spinach and butter. I think I would like the sauteed onion too.

gracious-Way to go on getting that extra weight off. I'm glad your low carb is working.

Jack-K- Here we have a new week and since we're both heading for vacation lets do it. When do you leave? We need to make this time count...

music teach-Oh thats so sad about your friends house burning. I can't even imagine the loss of everything. Way to go on keeping that weight down. Wow can't wait till I get where you are...

cherylco- Way to go on the lb. You're doing wonderful. Keep up that good work...

Debilli- Yea for Eli getting a second day off. Hope you make the most of it and enjoy yourselfs. Yea for you staying the same at that time of month. Hope you hang in there with dinner out tonight.

Tranquil-Hope you do good on your weight in...

Time to go make breakfast.... Have a great day...

213/161/130
Old 11-06-2002, 11:23 AM   #77  

JACKIE....buy perfume that IS NOT MADE IN THE USA...they are the
bargains...like CHANEL...they have all the #'s for that company.
What do you usually wear?

BOB
Old 11-06-2002, 11:24 AM   #78  

JACKIE....CARDOW in ST THOMAS for gold.....GREAT STORE...be sure to look in the back in their "TREASURE CHEST" area.
OH A CORRECTION...it's AH REISS...instead of what I told you last night.
BOB
Old 11-06-2002, 11:30 AM   #79  

Morning! WIW was ok...I am up a pound, but still down 11 from the illness. If I can keep it 10 down and not gain more than two back, that will be awesome. I know why I was up one today. While out to the doctor's yesterday, I did eat a sweet potato pie at McDonalds, after my double cheeseburger. I am determined now that my throat is almost all better, to stop the indiscretions. No more excuses! To that end, I had two eggs and oatmeal for breakfast. I am trying to stay upstairs here, and avoid the kitchen and all its temptations. I keep telling myself that those attractive no nos will burn my throat. So far, I have been gullible enough to believe myself.

Woke up to quite a surprise...Georgia has its first Republican governor in over 100 years!

GRACIOUS: How do you do it? Every year I try to get my Christmas shopping done early. The problem is, I keep seeing or thinking of just one more person, or thing I need to get and I end up spending twice as much! This year, due to the mono, I think I will be doing a lot of shopping online. Oh, and by the way, having a chef come and cook for you is nice, but my son in law is very messy...so the drawback is that he leaves the kitchen in a HUGE mess! sigh.

JACK: You are going on a cruise? Where to? I have been kind of out of it, and as I was reading, I picked up on this and wondered how I missed it! I would love to go on a cruise! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

DEB: I better be up to par by January! If not, I am going to be one VERY depressed SBer. Too bad I did not think of this earlier...my hubby is a runner. He would have loved to run in the race. And my daughter was on the cross country team...she would have loved to run it as well. Maybe next year....

Ok...time for a nap.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:19 PM   #80  

Hi all

Just wanted to check in I am down 3lbs and I'm glad. I have been OP. I really miss not being able to get to the boards more often.

Last week was really busy for me both of my DS were sick with a virus and out of school for 3 days. Thank God I made it through that. They are all better now and back to school. There is no way I can catch up with the post . I just wanted to stick my head in and say hello.

Jack-k _Is it possible you could post your rice pudding recipe for me. I hope you enjoy your cruise. My husband and I went on a cruise 5 years ago. I guess It's time for another one. We had a great time.

Deb- I'm gald you're back down You are doing a wonderful job.

Tranquil _ I hope your son is better soon.

Monet- glad you are on the road to recovery.

Serene- Hello I hope all is well with you.

A big hello to all the other wonderful SUGARBUSTERS.

Hoping to get back soon.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:23 PM   #81  

I forgot to say congrats to all the losers and maintainers. Have a great day everybody.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:38 PM   #82  

Christmas Shopping- Thanks for all the kudos regarding the Christmas Shopping but I must confess that although it is a feat of sorts, it is out of necessity. Hubby being a Pastor and therefore not independently wealthy...he gets paid only once a month at the 1st of the month. I had to plan to get a few things every first of the month the last few months so I wouldn't get stuck without presents and without money to buy them! MONET- I try not to get stuck in that rut anymore. I used to keep getting things here and there and adding to the list but it is just not financially feasible for me now. Instead, I buy for our 3 kids, both sets of parents and my sister. I don't have a huge list like a lot of people so that helps.

MONET- Something else....you mentioned a sweet potato pie from McDonalds...do they really have such a thing?! What on earth is it? Sweet potato filled pastry? I cannot imagine. Now if this is true then it is one big difference between the USA McD's and the CANADIAN McD's!

MERCY- Down 3 lbs is wonderful!!

TONI- Slow and steady wins the race...congrats on the 1 lb.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:44 PM   #83  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

Slept lousy last night! Couldn't get to sleep! Today I feel like I've been rode hard and put away wet! May be as the day progresses I'll get more energy.

ZANNE: That's one thing I miss living in the south, the four seasons. I used to love the snow, enjoyed the shoveling and snow-blowing. As I got older and couldn't do what I used to be able to do, I could do without the work part but still loved the snow! And here I am living where it's hot all year long except for a day or two.

GRACIOUS: I have some presents bought but am not done. I usually shop all year long.

MUSIC: Sad about your friends disaster, but a joy to hear about the support they are getting. People have to care for each other.

DEB: Our weather changes hourly. Right now it is beautiful and sunny and cool. Enjot the time with ELI, WOW two days in a row!

TRANQUIL: I MUST try the apples! I'm sitting here drooling!

TONI: We all have our favorites, I prefer the spinach, egg, bacon mixture. Love spinch and butter. Heck, I just love spinach!

Congrats to all you losers! Have choir tonight. Will try to check in later,

Shirley
Old 11-06-2002, 12:44 PM   #84  

I'm with Cheryl, it's bad to have TOM on Halloween. Although the dental work I had on Monday seems to have slowed my feroucios appetite for candy down...thank goodness! Still, I weighed in at 166 today, so that was up .5 from last week.

I'm back to taking in food slowly and softly, but the most teriffic news is that I get my two front teeth next week on my birthday...reconstruction has taken almost 2 years (long story), I can't wait to have permanent teeth!!

Dr appts last week have only lead to more tests to be scheduled, the dr did confirm RSD in upper and lower right extremities. Ah well, my left side works and so does my brain, I have my family and my life and therefore I'm blessed, (plus I get my 2 missing teeth next week)

Monet, hope you are feeling better.

Hope you all have a great day!

171/166/165 (1st goal)
Old 11-06-2002, 02:00 PM   #85  

Default Hi from Arkansas!

Hey all, my but the board is busy busy!!
Didn't get to read, but scanned the board real quickly, as I am sitting at BIL's computer to check email hoping that i would have had an email from DDs. No luck so I decided to check in & say hello to everyone here.

WIW, sorry no scale available to check weight. Driving me crazy not to be able to weigh everyday like I do at home, but.... maybe it's a good thing :blush: Not doing too bad I guess, but choices are not always easy when you're away from home.

Debbie, I did see your post about the January get together in O town & can hardly wait. Will be putting in my schedule request as soon as we get back home so that I can hop on a plane early the Fri am. Will email you when I get home. Your offer to help locate a decent fare sounds good.

Well, got to go. Hope all are doing well.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:53 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Checking out early today, Have to go to the gyno . Such a lovely duty.

Congrats to all the losers today. All us others, Hang in there. We know it works, we just have to DO IT!

Music, Yeah on the 1/2 lb. So sorry to hear about your friend's house. Sounds like they will lots of support and friends to help out. My heart goes out to them.

Cherlyco. ETG on the 1 lb. You will be in the 190's before you know it and it will be a wonderful feeling.

Deb, I can't believe you get 2 days with Eli. You will do fine at Carrabas. You can do it. I think I'm all together for the trip. I will call you if we get back in time. Being with a group makes it difficult to make plans.

Tranquil, Yuk on TOM 2 times quickly. I'm off to the gyno today. Not my favortie thing to do. Give us a WIT, ifyou will.

Gator, boy you were to be next to the station. but not lucky to have a flat I guess. It's always something and some added expense.

Toni WTG on the pound and the extra time on the TM. Just don't overdo. We leave Sunday morning.

Monet, We are going to the Eastern Carribean, St Thomas, St. John, Bahamas, San Juan. This is our first and I am very excited. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you don't gain any more back either. That would be awesome.

Mercy, Sorry It's not me that has the rice pudding recipe. Maybe the owner will come forth and post it. I don't eat the stuff. Thanks for the well wishes. WTG on the 3lbs. taht is great

Gracious, You have a great handle on your shopping. If I did that my kids would change their minds by Christmas.

Sef, sorry you had such a bad nite. Hope tonite is better.

Idblond, I hate that you have all those problems with your health, but you sure have a great attitude and that is important. Maybe you should have got those 2 front teeth for Christmas instead of your bd.

Melf, Not having a scale can be a good thing. Just go by how you feel and how your clothes fit.

Have a great evening.

Jackie
Old 11-06-2002, 02:55 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Bob,
Thanks for all the shopping trips, I have them written down. Now I just need to take a lot of money.

Jackie
Old 11-06-2002, 03:17 PM   #88  

Hello fellow Sugarbusters- Does anyone have a sugar busters legal recipe for rice pudding? I would really appreciate it.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:03 PM   #89  
"I'm working on it!"

Default MERCY

Here you go! I'll post it on the recipe boards too. It seems a little involved, I'll keep looking for something simpler.

This is from: SugarBust for Life with the Brennans

BROWN RICE PUDDING

1/2 cup brown rice
4 cups whole milk
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon liquid artificial sweetener
1 tablespoon granulated Sweet'N'Low

Serves 6-8

In a heavy pot, combine milk, 2 tablespoons vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Slowly bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, being careful not to scorch the milk. Reduce the heat to low. Add the rice and cook at a low simmer for 2 hours, covered and stirring occasionally or until the rice is cooked thoroughly and creamy. Remove from the heat and refrigerate until completely cold.

Whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks with an electric mixer,a dding the Sweet'N'Low gradually. Add the remaining cinnamon, 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. Using a spatula, fold the cream into the chilled pudding. Spoon into pudding cups, and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:22 PM   #90  

Height: 5' 7"

Default WIW

Hello all! I am so behind on the board. Please forgive me. I will try to play catch up soon. Just a quick note to say I'm up a couple of pounds..ugh. My fault. It's all good. A couple of pounds is not the end of the world. They'll come off....and I aint my weight. That's what I'm telling myself.

Love,
Crystle
Closed Thread