Brunette 15 53.57%
Redhead 5 17.86%
Black haired 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 02:33 PM   #121  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Afternoon Everyone

Took me a few tries to finally get on the board. Whatever this worm and viruses are they seem to only kick in at certain times. I have to figure out how to get rid of them now! I sent the info to Michael as his DM is computer stupid!

Went to some garage sales this week. I picked up a scanner for the computer, brand new, still sealed in the box, along with a lamp I'll eventully stick in the family room (need a table to put it on), it's a short lamp, only about 12-14" high, blue oblong cobalt blue glass, black base, sorta heavy for being such a small lamp. I need to get a halogen bulb for it, hoping that's why it doesn't work. Paid $15 for both items together, didn't think it was too bad. Didn't really find anything else worthwhile out there today

Today is the 7th day that I've been so good with my eating and, you won't believe it, but I've had a little over 3 liters of water already-almost unheard of for me. Just seemed to be thirsty today. Wish I could down it like that daily instead of once in a blue moon. I do think it's helping me get rid of some of those pounds I had packed on.

I'm pooped, once again, I didn't sleep well last night. Going to go take a much needed nap, I feel myself getting really sleepy. Hope you don't all mind me just doing this "me" post at this time. I'll try to get back on later and get a few individual replies in. Right now, I'm just crossing my fingers this post will go through-I'm having a tough time with this computer!!!!

{{HUGS}} to you all

Debbie
194/127/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 10-26-2002, 03:22 PM   #122  

Just stopping in to say I haven't fallen off the end of the earth. I have been so busy at work that by the time I get home I don't want to do anything. I have a few moment while my Granddaughter is taking a nap to post. The posts are so much that I'll never get through them. Went to a Christmas Bazaar today. bought some mauve poinsetta's in terracotta pots. $5.00 each. What a bargain. I bought 4. They will look grand for the holidays. My daughter is there selling scrapbook things. She is a catalog consultant for Scrap In A Snap. She was doing pretty good. My son was selling his pottery.

Deb- Wanted to go garage sell yesterday but didn't feel good. My DD and DIL went though and they got some good things. I might be coming to St Peatersburg in March. How far away is that from you? I know it is on the west coast but???? Let me know. Hope you get some good rest today.

Heartmom - Glad to see you back and that Boogie is doing good. God always come through!!

Sabrina - Hang in there. Don't beat yourself up so bad. I did just that this week. I said you can eat you're having a stressful time. So I ate and ate things that I should not have. Then I felt soooo bad. Just don't be so hard on yourself. Take it one meal at a time. You can make it.

LKF - Glad to see you back. I was gone for awhile my self. Not on vacation though. I just didn't get on the computer.

Well I better get going. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Later,
Cyndi
Old 10-26-2002, 04:15 PM   #123  

MONET- I hope we hear back from you soon saying that all is well.

HEARTMOM- Wonderful news about Boogie!

MUSICTEACH- How did you like Jonah VeggieTales style? I took my kids when it first opened and they really liked it.

DEBELLI- I think the water is a major issue. You said you drank over 3 litres...I always drink at least 4 litres a day!! I believe it keeps things moving along and that it is one big reason I keep losing well. Keep drinking girl!
Old 10-26-2002, 07:22 PM   #124  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

WHERE IS EVERYONE??????

I've been asleep since before half time of the CATS game, and cant find out who won!

15 minutes till BEAT BAMA!!!! time!!!

MISSY....SORRY!!!!!

SUSAN>>>>>CONGRATS!!!!!!

GOTTA RUN.....

GO VOLS!!!!

BOB
Old 10-26-2002, 08:33 PM   #125  

Not much going on today. I had some more time to read through the posts.

Jack-K My hubby and I tried the SF Margaritas. Not to bad. We didn't put the lime in and decided that they need that. Do you ever put triple sec in them. I am not sure if that has sugar or not.

I'll check back later.
Cyndi
Old 10-26-2002, 08:42 PM   #126  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey everyone!

Just popping in to say hello! Hope all of you are having a good weekend!

BOB: What a horrible LSU game HUH? That totally sucked! I wish our QB wouldn't have gotten hurt 2 weeks ago! This guy did horrible today. I know that he is "fresh meat" and he needs to get adjusted - it's just very discouraging! Right now BAMA is winning - y'all better get it together!!

ZANNE: I've been told that I have a mild case of PCOS. This WOE works great for me when I can stay on it! I really suck at staying on a plan! I haven't had to take any meds though.

DEB: What kind of interview did you go on? Fill me in. I take it that you are against the boob job huh?

JACK-K: Can't wait to try those Margs. I love my drinks you know!

Oh well, I'll talk to y'all tomorrow!

Missy
284/254/170
Old 10-26-2002, 09:32 PM   #127  

We're back from the show. The Veggie Tales movie was good. The kids really liked it. My sister gave Sarah the soundtrack for her bday so we've all learned the songs and they sang along during the show. Went to El Chico's after and I didn't eat any chips. Yea me! Had the fajita chicken salad. Yummy. No popcorn at the movie either.

JEANIE: Glad to hear from you. Hope school and school are going well.

GRACIOUS: The kids loved Jonah. They love all things Veggie Tales.

I'm off to get sleepy kids to bed then sleepy mom to bed. Check in tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:56 PM   #128  
Little Engine That Could

BOB--The UK cats lost to the UGA poodles, LSU lost to AU, and Ewe Tea lost to the Crimson Tide. Just bringing you up to date on all the scores.
My condolences to Fruit and Jack-K, congratulations to Fillise and DebyJ's husband. The Gators didn't lose today because they did not play! Next week they probably will lose to the poodles.

Been doing OK with the food, but right now I have done something to my back and if I move the wrong way it feels like a knife is sticking into me. Ouch! We want to plant some wild flowers tomorrow in the butterfly garden, and I'm hoping that I'm able to bend over to get them in the ground.

Welcome back, heart mom.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:00 PM   #129  

Old 10-26-2002, 11:09 PM   #130  

GOOD EVENING ALL!!

Just briefed thru the posts real quickly.

Monet...hope the trip to the hospital will make you all better.

Heartmom...so glad to hear that Boogie is home & you are both doning ok.

Debelli...you really know how to shop girl!! Hey, dh says I can go to Orlando in January! If I fly in, will it be a problem to hitch a ride to get around while we're there???

Gracious...WTG on the lose. Doesn't it feel great to almost be at goal???

BOB, Missy & Susan...thought of all of you this evening when I saw LSU & BAMA was playing. Sorry to hear of the turn out Missy , Susan. Bob you don't miss many of these games, huh? Hey, looking forward to finally meeting you in Jan!

Red1, You sound pretty busy. You enjoyed your time with GD?? When is the new baby due??

jRed... Glad to hear your internet is back up & running. I'll bet you ARE busy with school & school. Glad to hear you're keeping up.

music teach... been thinking about bringing the gs to see Jonah Veggie Tales too. Youngest will be 3 next Sat. I think they would all love it. Maybe Tues evening. It's family night at the movies & we can buy one get one free that night.

Well, it's past my bed time.
Old 10-27-2002, 12:17 AM   #131  

MELF....I'm so glad you're going to be able to come to the race!
We're going to have to make our reservations pretty soon in order to get the hotel where Deb and I usually stay. It's very nice, and usually $45 per night and that includes a breakfast buffet like you've never seen before! We couldn't believe it when we saw it...I actually say Debbie drooling!

MONET...So glad you're finally getting some medical attention in a facility...of course, sometimes you're better off at home, but in your case, I'm afraid they are going to jerk out those tonsils!
Feel better soon, and do what they tell you to do!!!

I'm off to bed..my little nap has me wide awake again, but I'm hoping that I can get some sleep tonight.

JACKIE...sorry about the CATS!!
Looks like the DAWGS are going to the big game..

SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE!!!

BOB
Old 10-27-2002, 09:04 AM   #132  

Good Sunday Morning Everyone

Just got in from doing the 4.5 miles which was VERY slow. Once again I didn't sleep well last night (ELI'S already complaining about my tossing and turning), but along with the time change (which I hate) it was so hot out there and the sun was beating on me. That one hour really makes a big difference down her in FL. It took me almost 58 minutes to go, but at least I went.

ELI is off til about 3pm today so I'm having to get a move on but as I cool down he's taking his shower and then I'll get in myself. Wanted to get in a few replies before I have to go...

GRACIOUS, in regards to MM book and it being confusing. I thought the same when I read it the first time, so I went back and re-read it right away and it became clearer. I think maybe it has something to do with it being translated into English from French, but it definitely provides more info than the SB book.

MONET, I hope you are feeling better, it sounds like you are going through ****. Would you believe that I called you Saturday morning to see how you were feeling? Your phone just rang and rang-no answering machine? Please let us know what's going on with you.

LKF, I never did follow the carb in the morning rule. There's so many "experts" saying so many different things about starchy carbs. Just yesterday I was reading that you should have a carb in the morning and a carb in the evening, but not at lunch because it will make you sleepy in the afternoon and when you do eat a starchy carb to have it with protein. I think what GRACIOUS said was good, that you can try different ways as each of our metabolisms are so different what works for one may not for another, just like diets

HEART, we are all so glad to have you back and to hear the BOOGIE is doing well and getting better daily. We were all so waiting to hear some good news from you. You were asked about daily! Keep us informed on his progress, as well as yours. It's great that you were able to lose during all this stress even though the eating wasn't up to par, you must of been doing something right!

MELF, WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I am so glad to finally have the chance to meet you. We will work out all the necessary plans to get you at the airport and of course, you can hail a ride with any of us (I have a van). WOO HOO!!!!! I'm hoping we can get some more people interested. I am going to post info tomorrow about it.

RED1, St. Pete is quite a ways from me, but not from BOB I believe. Maybe she can shed a little more light about where she is from there. What are you going there for? Want to take a side trip to Miami-you are more than welcome to come and stay with us!

Okay, I'm being summoned to get in the shower, so I gotta run. I'll check in later this evening if the computer is free. Of course, I'll have the new board up and running for the morning, though I may try to do it later tonight. If I have trouble in the morning from this virus and/or worms I have I'll be going nuts and it's not the way to start a Monday morning, that's for sure!

Have a wonderful day!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
194/127/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 10-27-2002, 03:50 PM   #133  

OMG! I can't believe my eyes No one has been on the board since this morning?????? What's going on???
Old 10-27-2002, 05:22 PM   #134  

It sure is a rainey day here. Think we're about to float away & mildew or rot from all the rain. I went to Lafayette a while ago & almost flooded my car from high water on the road. Hoping to see the end of this rain Wednesday I think.

BOB...$45/night & buffet breakfast to boot? Sounds great to me!

Debelli...I've been checking on fight costs & looks like I may be able to get a round trip ticket for less than $200. Think that sounds pretty good. If SEF or Missy could come, I'd drive but won't risk driving that far alone. It's like 13-14 hrs one way.

Gee the board IS slow today. Where is everyone? Unusual not to see more posts than this.

Well, got to go to choir practice. Later
Old 10-27-2002, 07:36 PM   #135  

Just a quick note. I am home again. They kept me on IV fluids and gave me antibiodics and steriods. It helped a lot. The biggest help tho, was finding out what was going on. The strep is a secondary infection, the primary infection is mono. The doctor laid down the law. I am supposed to spend six weeks vegging out. Nothing strenuous..no exercise, no contact sports(does he mean 'you know'?) nothing. Then he tells me to eat good! He gave me a million prescriptions to take. I am considering asking the pharmacist to move in for a few weeks...haha!

Time for me to get back in bed. Unfortunately, the doctor was in my room when my husband called, and he answered the phone- and indentified himself as the butler!- then proceeded to explain to my husband about the six weeks of complete rest. So everytime I get out of bed, I get the husband looking daggers at me. He even brought me a bell to ring...sheesh...six weeks of this is going to drive me totally insane. (ok, ok-for me, total insanity is only a short walk...)

Off to bed! Too bad my DSL doesn't work on my computer upstairs! hehe!
Closed Thread