Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Which of the major holidays listed below do you like to celebrate the most?
New Years 0 0%
Valentine's Day 1 3.45%
St. Patricks Day 1 3.45%
Easter 1 3.45%
Mother's Day 0 0%
4th of July 0 0%
Halloween 1 3.45%
Thanksgiving 5 17.24%
Xmas and/or Hanukah 20 68.97%
Other (April Fools, Labor Day, etc) 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 01:05 PM   #31  

Zanne- Happy Thanksgiving to you to!!
Old 10-15-2002, 01:13 PM   #32  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

Will try to get up to speed. And we know my speed is not very fast!...........Unless I am driving!

DEB: Really appreciated your call. It was so nice to chat with you. WE should get your DS with my GD, she is going to college for films. She took a special class offered by the local PBS where they did, filming, editing, voiceovers etc. and made a PSA that was aired for the SPCA. She is one girl that reads the creditas of a movie!

BOB: I'm a little behind. Apparently your Mom is doing better. Lucky you found a place so close to home. What is the rehab for? Nursing homes should not smell, at least if they are a good place. White sweets? I've had purple in HI but have not seen them here.

Meant to tell you all about TJs. It is the greatest store. I found pasta made out of brown rice flour. No other ingredients listed. The best cocktail sauce with only 1g sugar, cheaper prices on Kashi, PJ and SF jelly. Their frozen veggies are just like fresh, we had precooked frozen shrimp that was great as well as frozen sweet potato fries. Chocolate covered cranberries and coffee beans. A multi grain bread that was great as well as WW pitas. Cheeses, nuts, sunflower kernels. I was amazed at the prices, much cheaper than here. DD was also impressed by the prices. The only thing we didn't care for was their rice pudding (DD ate it not me) as it was too loose (soupy).

SERENE: I hope your son is doing better. He was lucky, so many motorcycle accidents cause head trauma. Prayers for his recovery.

A silly thought........when I flew to Houston the first time I could hardly hook the seat belt. When I flew on this trip, same airline, I have about 5" of belt left over!

FILLISE: I had several headaches while on my trip. Unusual as I seem to have outgrown my migraines and seldom get headaches of any kind. When I stopped and analyzed they coincided with my cheats. Just used to all that sugar and white stuff anymore. You'd think that reaction would keep us on track but doesn't seem to work that was, at least for me. Also missed my real coffee, most of my friends drink decaf. I got headaches from that too, but drank pepsi, diet of course, and that helped. Thanx for welcome.

MOMMA: Aren't surprise parties fun? Congrats on the 5 0! I didn't say BIG 5 0, cause age doesn't bother me so why make it sound like it's bad?

ROSALIE: Hoped you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

DEBYJ: You'll find I am very wordy!

LDBLOND: I am trying to catch up, missed what condition do you have? Whatever, I hope treatment is helping.

RED1: Thanx for welcome back. Maybe someday we will meet. I so enjoyed meeting Melf and Fruit. Beer Butt Chicken, isn't that made with a can of beer up the chicken's butt? Is that legal?

GRACIOUS: I have found that our lack of knowledge about others is always amusing. Especially our misconceptions! Nice to be educated by each other.

JACKK: I had a short IM chat with Quilter when I got back, so she's out there. She was at work when we talked very briefly as I got kicked off.

MONET: One thing I enjoyed on my trip was the brisk weather. Altho I will admit the first morning in Milford I woke up with an ice cube for a nose (I sleep with the window open)! I did miss the vivid colors as their weather has been unusually warm. Leaves were just beginning to change when I left. Seems like in the south I notice the coolness more, probably because of the dampness here. In PA it's a dry cold for the most part.

Well have to get busy and write some thank you notes. I also have a couple of letters to answer.

Will try to check in later!

Sef
Old 10-15-2002, 04:18 PM   #33  

Hey everyone!!

Well, i'm trying to do better but i have a nasty head cold so all i want is soup. Not much of an appetite so that's a good thing!1

on the beer butt chicken--i do mine on the grill. You know those injector things you can get at the store?? I saved mine from a turkey i did and now i inject the chickens with whatever and let them marinate for a while. Then i set them on the beer and whalla!! This time around i used moore's marinade and "dreamland" sauce from Dreamlands. Yummy!!!

later taters!! debyj

Last edited by debyj; 10-15-2002 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-15-2002, 04:45 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to catch up before I head home.

Debyj, Keeping my fingers crossed for your job. What kind of job is it? Keep your triscuits handy for the mexican dip next time. Hope yu are back on track today. Hope your cold gets better.

Sef, Sounds like a wonderful vacation. Glad you got to visit with old friends. And a surprise party too! How neat. Hope yuo didn't come home to any damage from the hurricane. Glad to have you back ont he board. We missed you.

Idblond, We haven't heard from Heartmom. Sure wish we would. Hope your treatment helps this time. Yes this is a journey. One day at a time.

Red1, Please do take pics on your sewing. I would love to see it. I'm so jealous.

Gracious, There you are. I figured you were busy with Thanksgiving too. Sounds like you were busy all around. Glad to have you back. I'm sure that 1 lb will be gone soon. Yes, we are all 3 around the same. Toni & I keep waiting for each other. Join on in here. We'll make that trip down together.

Zanne, Glad to hear from you too. Sounds like your Thanksgiving was a little hectic though. Sorry about your kitty. Hope your DS is better and you are over your migraine. Don't ya just hate those things? Those 3 lbs will be gone soon. Jump back in here and start again.

Monet, The ugly weather probably has something to do with your mood. Stay away from that sugar, it will get you every time. Wishes for sunshine tomorrow Enjoy your nap.

Toni, Sorry you didn't sleep well. I always get up at least 2 times to potty. Hate that. Don't know about the metal monster tomorrow. I have been feeling fat all week. It is getting slower and slower. Good luck.

Mercy, You have the rest of your life to clean house. Enjoy those special times with DH.

Sef, The seat belt thing, not a silly idea at all, just a great feeling. You go girl. Sounds like you got bucnhes of bargains at TJs.

Hope to see you at chat. Good luck on WIW.

Jackie
Old 10-15-2002, 07:39 PM   #35  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

JACKK: Although reports back east cited Slidell and St. Tammany many times (I thought it was being wiped off the face of the earth!) I called the kids and all was well. Melf's town was mentioned frequently too and apparently the reports were more accurate about that area. Thanx for asking. I guess only those who have been there can understand the seat belt thing. It could be anything that hits your fancy and enables you to say "GEE, look at that!"

TONI: I do have a wonderful DD. Many of my friends were aware of my woe as she had alerted them to it! I wish she would lose some weight though. Maybe I may have given her incentive. She bought several pieces of clothing and made a joke that if she died (no joke) on trip I could have her clothes. I quietly told her they were too big for me. No comment. We all have to do it when we are ready, no hints will make us.

Shirley

Last edited by sef; 10-15-2002 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:42 PM   #36  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Default Howdy

Hiya everyone!!

Well I'd love to say I'm doing great... but I can't. Well... I'm alive and kicking and that's great, but you know what I mean Today I ate Pop-Tarts, corn chips, a granola bar.... GRRRRRRRRR What is my DEAL??????? ( I don't feel so bad... called mom and she ate a bag of candy... LOL)

DEB - YES, that is my MOM! She's great. Funny thing is, I hadn't talked to her in a week or so and she got worried, so she started reading the SB board to see if I'd posted lately and there she saw my post to YOU saying how we didn't read each other's posts!!!! ROFL She emailed me and said "oh what a RED face I have!!" It was funny! I don't mind her reading, I tell her everything anyway. I just don't read her stuff, so she can feel free to say whatever she wants without feeling self conscious But you're right, she's proud and not afraid to show it. She'll tell anyone who'll listen how beautiful/talented/smart her daughter is I do the same with my kiddos too... That's my Mom

Well... I'm gonna try and get into chat tonite. Am dying my roots (not even 30 and covering the GRAY!!!) tonight, so will depend on the hair progress.

Everyone keep those fingers crossed for me! I'm trying to get my butt in gear, the transmission just keeps slipping!

See Y'all
Old 10-15-2002, 09:58 PM   #37  

Hi all

I went to chat at 8:45 I guess I was to late No one was there. Oh well have a great evening all!!
Old 10-16-2002, 08:29 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Happy WIW,

Well the only thing I'm happy about today is that it is payday. The scale is still up the 1 lb. TOM is due Monday, don't know if that is it or not. Stomach still feels so bloated. At this rate I'm not going to make my 6 lbs by our cruise. Oh well, this is for life. It will come off one day.

Sef, We are in the same boat with our DD losing wt. My oldest (the one getting married) needs to drop at least 60 pounds. She gave SB a try but didn't like it. But I think you have to be ready to do it yourself. Now she is working out with wts and walking everyday, but as we all know you got to lose the fat too. Now my other DD has taken my lead and is doing well with this WOE. We just have to hope and pray they finally take our lead.

Beth, Try saying "I can't have that" when you see things like pop-tarts (no way am I cheating with pop-tarts - cheese puffs maybe) LOL. Then find something you can have to replace it. You have to decide what you want the most, size 12's or pop-tarts? Sounds so easy doesn't it. I'm pulling for you. I know you can do this. Get going strong before the holidays hit us and really tempt us.

Mercy, Sorry no one was at chat. I had every intention, but the couch felt to good and I was snuggled up with DH and a blanket.

I sure hope most of you are losers today. Good luck

Jackie
257/166/145
10-10-01
Old 10-16-2002, 08:46 AM   #39  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Default Morning

I've started off the morning right... shredded wheat and agave
I just have to keep it going all day long!

JACKIE - if only it were that easy!!! (There are occasions I'd rather have the pop tarts than be a size 12!) The holidays don't really tempt me. I have never been one to go for the pies cakes and candy. I'm a bread girl. I'm more likely to cheat with mashed potatoes than I am with chocolate. I don't really go for sweets. Of course in my family the traditional Christmas dinner is Italian food, so I'll have to bring my own made with WW pasta, unless I can get them to buy the 100% durum semolina. LOL!

Thanks for the support y'all... it means a lot that you all are sticking with me and trying to get me back on track!! I went to MIL's the other day... still no gain on the scale. I wish that sucker would go up 10 pounds, maybe that would scare me straight!! But like I said, I'm one of those who only gained when I was preggers, and never any other time. I just don't gain easily... but I don't lose it easily either!!

I'm hoping today will continue the same way it has started!!! I'll probably check back later. Maybe having to post my cheats the minute I cheat will make me think twice!!! As long as you all don't get tired of hearing from me a million times a day! LOLOLOL

Have a wonderful Wednesday Y'all... I'm heading to the Chiropractor and to put in a job application for the same type of job I do now (which I LOVE) but it's at the other law enforcement agency in town and it pays $4.50 more an hour, plus the hours are way better! Cross those fingers for me!

Bye
Old 10-16-2002, 08:50 AM   #40  

The traffic light wasn't working on the corner of Broadway and 72nd Street, so the blonde stood with a large crowd of people waiting to cross. A cop was directing traffic.

Finally, the cop blew his whistle, motioned to the crowd, and shouted, "Okay, pedestrians!" The swelling throng surged across Broadway -- all except the blonde, who stayed on the corner.

When the walkers were safely on the other side of the street, the cop moved the cross-traffic through the intersection. Half a minute later, he stopped the cars on Broadway and sent the 72nd Street traffic into motion.

Again, he got around to the blonde's corner, where by this time she had again been joined by a crowd of people. Tweeeeeeeet! "Okay, pedestrians!"

The crowd crossed the street, but again the blonde stayed put. She looked at her watch and tapped her foot as if she was in a hurry to get somewhere, but never budged from the sidewalk.

The cop ran the traffic through seven more cycles, each time blowing his whistle and then yelling "Okay, pedestrians!" The blonde never moved.

Finally, after the cop yelled "Okay, pedestrians!" for the eighth time, the blonde shouted across traffic, "Yo! Officer! Isn't it about time you let the Catholics cross?"

ENJOYBOB
Old 10-16-2002, 08:54 AM   #41  

ATTENTION!!!! ATTENTION!!!! DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION????? BOB HAS AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!!!!!

5.4 LBS!!!!! GONE....VANISHED.....

THAT MAKES 11.2 lbs in the last TWO WEEKS!!!!

BOB
Old 10-16-2002, 09:23 AM   #42  

HI all!!

I am posting a maintain his week. TOM just ended so I expected it.

Jack-k- I'm sure the pound will be gone in no time. It's probably TOM

Beth- I'm sure you can get back on track just take it one day at a time.

BOB- Congratulations on the 5.4 lbs you are doing great.

Just a quick post to sat congrats to all the losers and the maintainers.

Have a great day everybody!!
Old 10-16-2002, 09:56 AM   #43  

ARE NORTHERNERS "BLUE NECKS?"

By now, you have heard all the Redneck jokes. Now here are some takes on how Southern folks look at their Northern cousins.

YOU JUST MIGHT BE A BLUE NECK IF:

1. You think barbecue is a verb meaning, "to cook outside."

2. You think Heinz Ketchup is REALLY spicy!

3. You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce" correctly.

4. For breakfast, you would prefer potato au gratin to grits.

5. You don't know what a Moon Pie is.

6. You've never had an RC Cola.

7. You have never, ever eaten okra, fried OR boiled.

8. You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.

9. You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen are on road trips.

10. You have no idea what a polecat is.

11. You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a poodle.

12. You don't have bangs.

13. You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six Flags.

14. More than two generations of your family have been kicked out of the same prep school in Connecticut.

15. You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show.

16. Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of them are women.

17. You don't think Ted Kennedy has an accent.

18. You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-n-knife show.

19. You think more money should go to important scientific research at your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach.

20. You don't have at least one can of WD-40 somewhere around the house. (Not to mention duct tape!)

21. The last time you smiled was when you prevented someone from getting on an onramp to the highway.

22. You don't have any caps in your closet that advertise feed stores.

23. The farthest south you've ever been is the perfume counter at Neiman Marcus.

24. You call binoculars opera glasses.

25. You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of road and stopping.

26. You would never wear pink or an applique sweatshirt.

27. You don't know what applique is.

28. You don't know anyone with at least two first names (i.e. Joe Bob,Faye Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe Dan, Mary Alice)

29. You don't have doilies, and you certainly don't know how to make one.

30. You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you.

31. You can do your laundry without quarters.

32. None of your fur coats are homemade
Old 10-16-2002, 10:24 AM   #44  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone

Just got in from my walk/jog, though lots more than a walk than jog. I got a late start today, it was raining earlier this morning. I did get caught up in a few sprinkles here and there, they felt good and were welcome, but I could of done without the gusts of wind. We are getting some rains from this tropical system Marco. They had said earlier in the week that we were going to have cooler weather here today, now, they say tomorrow, as it sure as heck didn't get any cooler today! You never can count on anything the weather people say when it comes to getting cooler air in Miami-but I'm hoping they'll be right tomorrow, it would be nice to be able to jog when it's 70 degrees (yes, that's cooler for us!).

Well, I have a statement and a coffesion! First, I am NOT weighing in today for WIW! No way, no how am I getting on the scale!! Which leads me in to my confession....

Yesterday we went up to Broward, late, but we went. ELI'S daughter Denise went up with us. We had promised her back in August for her bday to take her up there to Carrabas. She works for Outback and they are owned by the same company and she had heard how good it was, and of course, I had heard many of you mention how good it is. So we went for an early dinner since she had to be at work at 7pm and I too had the meeting at 7pm. Well, first off, I have to say, I did not regret eating all that I did, not one little bit! I can't remember the last time I ate such a wonderful meal and really and truly enjoyed the food. Oh yes, I cheated, big time, and I have to say, if you are going to cheat, do it on something worthwhile! I don't regret it one little bit, despite me feeling like the Good Year Blimp took residence in my pants with me yesterday! We ordered the calimari which was the best I had ever tasted, tender and tasty and the marinara sauce was to die for. The salad was delicious, or actually, I should say the dressing, it was some parmesan dressing that was as thick as pudding. Then entree was eggplant parmisan. I didn't want the pasta so they put some extra grilled eggplant on the plate. Their eggplant, I swear, it melted in your mouth, like buttah! It's not fried, nor breaded-it was just phenominal. Then, the pease de resistance...we shared a piece of their tiramisu. Well, let me tell you about me and tiramisu...there use to be a place near me called Italianni's who had the BEST tiramisu (in my opinion) anywhere. Remember, I had a pizzeria and I'd go to all the trade shows and restaurant shows and would consistently try tiramisus and not a single one ever came close. Even when we had the last SB GET TOGETHER in Orlando, where there still is an Italianni's, their tiramisu wasn't the same as what we had here. Anyhow, I skeptically tried Carrabas tiramisu - to die for! They make it there and damn was it delish! I think I ate more than ELI and DENISE and the worst part of it all was, I wanted more! Of course, I didn't confess this until after we left the parking lot. I honestly can't remember feeling so good about eating such a meal in so long and again, even though I know without stepping on the scale that it's up, I don't regret eating all of this at all. Now, if it had been a bag of MnM's, the story would be different!

Sorry I didn't make it to chat last night. We were suppose to get out of the meeting early, didn't happen. Tonight I have the kids OPEN HOUSE at their school, so will be busy there. Have a few errands to run before I get the kids from school today. Actually, have to get Lauren at normal time then go back an hour later and get Michael because he has to stay for rehersal for tomorrow, then go back 2 hours later for the open house. I swear, sometimes I feel I should just make a bed over at the school!

TONI, what could be wrong with the SGWW bread that you had been eating? That's wonderful that you've been able to part with your bigger clothes and that you'll be out shopping for new duds soon. Who said we couldn't have SD PRETZELS? Not I! I have a box in the house, the ones from FRESH MARKET are the best, no junk in them! They're legal, but remember, just 1 (if you have that brand, not sure of others).

FILLISE, I too can feel physical differences when I eat a lot of sugar, esp. when my skin begins to itch! I really hope you southern bells can make it down for the Jan. get together - if you all carpool, and with room sharing and it being so cheap, it will be a cheap vacation, and I'm sure you could be well deserving of one by then.

RED1, sounds like you had fun at the film festival. I'm looking forward to June when the film festival for the Children's Museum and the class Michael is taking comes around. Who knows, maybe someone famous will show for it-one never knows. Did you see any films that you thought were good? Sorry I missed you too, but don't worry, when you least expect it, your telephone just may ring...

BOB, CONGRATS OLD GAL!! Geez, when you decide to do something and take the bull by the gonads, you sure give it your all! That's a wonderful loss you had this week and the 2 weeks combined. Darn, don't I wish I could do that in 2 weeks time, my problems would be solved, at least the one I'm having with the scale. You keep up the great work, we're all so proud of you! Glad to hear DM is doing well as well. Thanks for the FF today-we are gung ho, a little early, but welcomed nonetheless!

BIGK, glad to hear your bday was not only a surprise, but a success and OMG, that Carabbas! As you probably read above, I love that place!!!!!! I can't wait to go back again - hmmm, maybe at the next SB GET TOGETHER instead of Outback....

MONET, sounds like you had a great weekend. Of course, the one weekend I do call I miss you. Don't worry, I'll try again, just can't pinpoint when, it's the luck of the draw with me.

ROSALIE, hope you had a good Thanksgiving with your family. You know, no matter when, the door is always open for you and anyone else on the board to come and visit. I know it would be hard for you to stay on in Orlando after the family is gone, but to be sooo close and then only a week away from everyone getting together, well, I know if there was any way you could, you would stay. I just have to say that I am happy to have already had the chance to meet you and I'd love for the other gals who haven't to have the opportunity

JACKK, I'm sure you'll find the perfect MOTB dress, when you least expect it. I still think Penney's has a great selection, well, at least the ones down here do. I'm only going to 2 of Michael's classes tonight, his art and his biology, the rest will be Lauren's classes, though she wants me to go to her classes that are the same time as Michael's 2 that I'm going to - can't make everyone happy!

DEBY, beer butt chicken? Sounds like a dish a guy came up with! Okay, RED1 sorta gave an idea about it, but what the heck do you do with the beer? Shove the entire can up it's butt? Hmmm, my DM makes brisket in beer gravy. Is this SB LEGAL????

SEF, was interesting to read all of your travel events and happenings. You sure did get around and seems you had a good time and many had a good time seeing you! Of course, I'm SURE the highlight of your trip was those 3 visits to TJ'S Okay, what the heck is Scrapple? Sounds nasty to me. It's okay to be broke, as long as you are happy!!!!!! Hey, maybe if you save up some $$$ you AND GD can come visit one day, I'm sure Michael would love to talk to her!! She probably likes indy films, like he does.

BETH, THAT is funny with your DM and this board! Did she mention that she read my post and what I said about her? Sounds like you two have an awesome relationship and your kids are lucky that you do as it will be the same with them! My DM and I have a great relationship as well and my kids do too with both my parents. Even at the age of 16 and almost 15, my kids still like sleeping over at Gradma and Grampa's house. Nowadays, that's rare, at an age like this. Glad to see you are starting the day off good. The confidence you have going in to this job interview should be the same confidence you have with this WOE. You can do it and you know you can! Good luck on the job interview, let us know how it goes!

LDBLOND, glad to see your post. I haven't a clue about HEART, sure do wish that someone had more info or a way to find out how BOOGIE'S doing! Anything at all from NANCE? Hope now that the treatments are done you'll feel better.

GRACIOUS, hope you all had a good Thanksgiving as well. Girl, I'm right with you about not regreting eating some good food. I'm sure we'll both get this temporary enjoyment weight off of us soon!

ZANNE, hope your Thanksgiving was good too, well, despite DS, migranes and the cat. Guess it put a damper in the weekend. Thought, it's good to see all our Canuks back on the board after feasting day! Like you, I have to work on the water. I don't think I even had 1 glass yesterday!

MERCY, so, what movies did you and DH watch on your day off, anything good, worth recommending???

Whew, I do believe I'm caught up for now. Have to go and get in the kitchen and put some chicken I bought for Lauren away in my Food Saver bags (vaccum pack) before it goes bad.

Will try to check in later!

Good luck to everyone else today for WIW!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal. 6/10/01
Old 10-16-2002, 11:15 AM   #45  

Good morning everyone... Well today I can finally do the happy dance!!! I lost 2.5 lbs. this week. I really think it helped to cut back on the bread. But tonight I'm going to try my first hamburger buns. Legal ones that I got at the HFS last week. That will be my celebration dinner for losing weight..

Mercy-Sounds like you had a night day with DH. What a treat..

Sef-Oh my gosh your store sounds wonderful. Frozen sweet potato fries, yummy...

debyj-Hope you get over your cold soon... Love the sound of that chicken.

Jack-K- So this week isn't so great. You know next week you'll get that bloat you've been feeling all week off! And so you know you'll do better when TOM is done...

Beth-Okay to the detox dungeon you go. You can do it gal, take one day at a time. Sometimes even an hour at a time. It will come.

Bob- Oh Bob doing the happy dance for you.... Yea for you.. Wow thats great...

Debilli- Now thats a meal out! Thats how it should be if you're going to treat yourself...But what the heck is tiramisu... Remember I live in the sticks...LOL. Great about the pretzels.. Thank you.

Well time to go get dressed and start doing something..... Have a great day..

213/163.5/130
Closed Thread