Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Which of the major holidays listed below do you like to celebrate the most?
New Years 0 0%
Valentine's Day 1 3.45%
St. Patricks Day 1 3.45%
Easter 1 3.45%
Mother's Day 0 0%
4th of July 0 0%
Halloween 1 3.45%
Thanksgiving 5 17.24%
Xmas and/or Hanukah 20 68.97%
Other (April Fools, Labor Day, etc) 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 11:57 AM   #61  

Good morning everyone. Tried my sprouted wheat hamburger buns and they were good. I felt like I was really getting a treat. But now back to watching the bread I eat.

Serene- Hope your son continues to recoup.. And great for you staying the same when you feel bloated. That means next week will be a really good loss.. So look forward to that..Yep I'm convinced cutting back on the bread helps..

Bob-Glad you got your phone fixed. We just had to have the phone co. out here to. Must happen when the weather turns LOL. I'm with you on cutting down on the size on the plate, it seems to grow bigger and bigger, I'm watching mine to. I think the three things has to be. Cut back on carbs. watch the size on the plate, and drink drink drink that water..

Beth- Okay for a hamburger. Plus you can take the buns with you if you're going some place where you might have a hamburger out and switch the bun. I'm really pleased I finally got some.

CountryMom- Hooray on walking again. I did a great big walk yesterday and am going again today. But we've had some really cool weather and I've got to wait till it warms a bit outside. Keep up the good work. Enjoy your self at your Moms!!

The Quilter- Well there you are. Missed your good newsy posts. Hope it settles down soon and you can get back to posting.. Stay out of that stress if you can..

Monet- So sorry you're not feeling good. Sure sounds like you need to crawl up in bed and let your body start healing itself. THis will all pass and then to detox with you and back to the treadmill...Hurry up and get back on your feet.

Tranquil- Hope you're feeling better soon... I'll be thinking of you as you go to the doctor. It sure is neat you have a friend to keep you fed!! LOL now thats a true friend.... I'm just sure next week will be allot better Weighing in... So look forward to it...

Jack-K- Well we've got a whole week spread out in front of us to do with as we please. Sounds like you're off to a great start. And you did so well passing on those brownies! And cutting back on the starches. Bet you have a good weigh in next week. Know what you mean about that cold weather. We have it here and brr.....

Well I'm off to go do my walking. Have a great day.....

213/163.5/130
Old 10-17-2002, 12:11 PM   #62  
"I'm working on it!"

Talking Checking In

Well, WIW was ok, 167. Today I was up to 168 but it's midcycle and I bloat up, I can feel it!

Well, I'm doing the happy dance today The size 12 jeans I bought the other day didn't feel quite right, so I returned them and bought the size (drumroll here) 10!!!!!!! Actually I think the 10's are made bigger than the 12's but they fit in the hips and waist nicer. And hey, I'll take the psych with the numbers!!!!! Mind you, I did buy some dress pants and they were a 14 so go figure!

I've come to realize that my night-time snacking is more of a habit than because I'm hungry, so I've been making a BIG cup of green tea and having that at night.

BOB--WOW! You've done great with the weight loss! It sounds like you've got a plan and are looking at this journey realistically and that will help you tremendously. Keep up the good work!

TRANQUIL--Hope the eye is better.

SERENE--Glad DS is doing better. Hope the gyno can help you.

DEBELLI--My theory is to have a cheat once in a while, so I don't go all nuts with a big binge on bad food. Actually, what you had didn't sound too bad and you didn't eat a whole serving of tiramisu. Thanks for the articles.

A big HI to everyone. Sorry I didn't address more of you. I'm trying to get here more often to keep me going with this WOE. Gotta go get lunch for the munchkin.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:33 PM   #63  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Oye, am I pooped today! Not sure what's gotten over me I woke up this morning feeling drained but just the same, got dressed as I always do to take the kids to school which is in my exercise clothes. Came home and just hopped back in bed and fell back asleep until 10am. Even after waking up I still felt, and still feel tired. What kind of crap is this??? Even last night, ELI wanted me to stay up later and I just flat out told him "no" and went to sleep a little after 10pm, right after AMAZING RACE was over. Doesn't help much that I've not only not started the day out right but I ate way off plan already and it's only early afternoon! The day is still young! Must be some funk my body is going through that it's not telling my mind about.

Went to the OPEN HOUSE last night at the kids school. Went to 2 of Michael's classes and the rest were Laurens. Only got to speak to one teacher, which was Michaels. It's really not a day to do anything but introduce yourself to the teacher but his art teacher got a hold of me and told me what a wonderfully talented child I have and how much she loves him - I told her she didn't have to live with him though! He really loves her and her class though and I was glad she feels the same about him. He's at a technology school with her today speaking about his videos he's done. Wish I had been able to go and see the reaction to the videos being shown-even his teacher said other teachers said they were dying of laughter. One video his teacher saw, which I just about died when I found out that he showed her was one we made when we were in NC in April which is the one FROG is in-oye! It's a must see! I wish we had a way to load these on the computer so others could see them!

Tonight is the benefit that Michael is in with his friend Jimena, so that starts at 7:30pm, so another busy evening.

Oh, geez, I almost forgot! I spoke about putting in a resume for a PT job I saw in the paper on Sunday, well, what a shock to get a phone call yesterday to schedule a interview on Tuesday morning! I'm asking for all good thoughts: from you guys, I surely will need them. I haven't been on a job interview since, ummmm, hmmmm, I think it's about 18 years maybe? I've been self employed for years and then out of the job market years as well, so this is really like a new experience for me, esp. since so much has changed and how fierce the job markets are these days. It's for a PT Territory Assistant for 20-25 hours. It involves hiring, training and supervising merchandisers assistanting with resets and developing retailer relationships in the local retail stores. I can't even begin to tell you how I've wanted a job exactly like this! I almost want to go to the interview and tell the lady that she shouldn't look any further!

Okay, back down Debbie, back down! Tomorrow, the kids are out of school, I think it's a teacher's work day. Not sure what we'll do, maybe a movie. Saturday I have to take Michael to his film class. ELI is off on Saturday instead of Sunday, so not sure what the rest of the day will entail. Sunday is my Niece Ainsley's 5th bday so my sister is having cake and ice cream at her house late afternoon. My parent's are leaving NC to come home (finally) tomorrow, so they'll be there, along with my Grandparents and my Great Aunt, all who I haven't seen since early July.

Well, I don't have time right now to reply to any individual posts, so I hope you all forgive me. I'll try to catch up with my replys in the next day or so. I hate when I can't get to everyone but I figured a partial post was better than none.

Tomorrow I should be back on track - it's suppose to be cooler tomorrow morning and I'm hoping to get out and run and take advantage of the "cooler" weather that's usually a rare occurance down in these parts. Hope to hit the bed early tonight since ELI is closing the store and hope to wake up feeling refreshed!!!

{{{HUGS}}} to you all

Debbie
Old 10-17-2002, 01:11 PM   #64  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Arrow :::Takes Deep Breath:::

OK... I was sitting here thinking about Pop Tarts, and went to the kitchen, got out a pack, opened it... took out the pop tarts.

Then I thought... wth am I doing? I put them in a ziploc bag for the kids and got myself a SF popsicle.

I RESISTED!!!! WTG ME.... Still OP today
Old 10-17-2002, 02:01 PM   #65  

I hate these new ads on this board. They make me freeze constantly. This is like the 20th time of trying. Sheesh. I think I am going to have to stop coming here because it is so frustrating to me.

However, I wanted to say that today is my 1 year anniversary of lowcarbing/SB and I met my mini goal of making my signature true! I am 164 today and now 10 lbs from my final goal.

MONET- I was trying to find your email and couldn't sheesh, it has been frustrating today for me with this machine! I am at lcc though.

In any case, unless my computer gets revived miraculously I think you won't be seeing much of me.

I will try and check in when it lets me but when absent you will know why....those creepy floating ads!
Old 10-17-2002, 04:28 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just checking in again

My day has gone from bad to worse. Again, "MEN". Think I will make DH take me out for dinner.

Toni, We must be having the same weather. We're going to be having a fire sooner than ususal. I hope that's not a sign of a bad winter. Have a great day.

Zanne, Congrats on the size 10's. I actually got on some 10's myself today. I almost took them back a few weeks ago b/c I thought they were too tight. Today they are fine. It is a good feeling. Crazy how we let those numbers psych us out. Keep up the good work.

Gracious, Please don't stop coming to the board. We would miss you terribly. We need your inspiration and motivation. Congrats on your 1 yr anniversary. Only 10 more to go. That is wonderful. You are truly an inspiration. You have done so great. You should be so proud of yourself.

Have a great evening everyone.

Jackie.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:42 PM   #67  

Default Hello All

The doctor said it was a virus in the eye...something wierd. Oh well, it will take about 3 weeks to totally clear up and then I go for a recheck. Yuch!

Meanwhile, I am having Survivor night with Serene.

JackK - Hope your evening is better than your day has been

Gracious - Happy SB Anniversary and WAY TO GO!!!!

Beth - Glad you resisted those Poptarts! They are bad for you and they taste like chemicals!

Deb- I cannot imagine you not getting that position - you are definitely perfect for that job! So all good thoughts are headed your way! Go BREAK a leg! You go get 'em!!!!

Zanne - WTG on the smaller jeans!!!!! You must be on
Toni - Thank you....meanwhile, those buns sound yummy, where did you get them?

Monet - I hope you get to feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quilter - HELLO!!!

Country - HI!!!! I love this weather too!!!!

Well to everyone else - hello!!! I have to go eat now!!!

Sabrina

Last edited by Tranquil; 10-17-2002 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:04 PM   #68  

Hi everyone

I've been sitting here for almost an hour doing a post and suddenly it is GONE. I'm so darn mad. 90% of the time I save as I go but of course tonite I didn't save anything. And I would love to know which keys I inadvertantly hit to make it disappear. I was just reading Gracious's remarks about her computer freezing with all the pop-ups and thinking "I haven't had any pop-ups lately" and whoosh, suddenly it was gone. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway thinking of you all.

Will try again later.

Marie.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:13 AM   #69  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Well, I went to the Pampered Chef's party. I bought the BBQ fork and brush, also the handy dandy opener for bottles, caps and jars. A couple of ladies there said they had it and it works great, so my hands not being as strong as they used to I'm getting it. We have the BBQ tongs and they are good. Thought I'd save the others for Christmas present for DS. I guess it's like giving a mop for a present! Thanx for those that offered suggestions. Of course there were refreshments, but I just had some briccoli and coffee, how's that for a combo?

Bought a new phone today. Mine died and a new battery for it was the same as a new phone. How do they do that?

SERENE: Glad son is home. Hope CT gives reassurance on the spleen.

TRANQUIL: So sorry about your eye. I hope you are not too uncomfortable. To me anything to do with the eyes is scary. At least they can treat it, hopefully three weeks will go quicklt. Prayers going your way.

BOB: Hope I really needed a new phone and not just some embarrassing thing. Pretty sure, it was dead and would not take a charge.

BETH: Love those buns, they are good just by themselves. It may be the thought that counts, but it won't flush you out! See you can resist. Love the SF Fudgesicles. In MD I found creamsicles, yum.

COUNTRY: CAn't get Scrapple here either not even the horrible canned kind. Like you say, good thing too!

QUILT: Hope life gets back to normal too. I used to feel the same way for Pike County Days. I lived and breathed that four day event for weeks ahead of time and lived there during. Afterwars I would just collapse. But there was the saisfaxtion of a job well done, which you will have too, making it all worthwhile.

MONET: I hoped you stared down those bags of candy! Hope you're feeling better.

DEB: Good luck with the interview.I wouldn't worry about your cheatin' dinner. It's not a regular event. I cheated big time at my surprise party and did it without a moment's conscience, well maybe a moment!

No one had any thoughts about the brown rice flour? Had some pasta tonight, it is really very good!

Time to end this and read awhile.

See y'all tomorrow on the Board.

sef
Old 10-18-2002, 01:30 AM   #70  

Default Hi

Sef - I had a comment about the brown rice flour pasta in the post that disappeared. So I'll try again. I would think that the ww durum semolina pasta would be the better choice as it is less refined than the rice flour. I checked brown rice pasta on the GI list that I have and it gives it a gi of 92. There was a note at the bottom of the page stating that the testing was done on pasta made with low-amylose rice flour. This is the rice that has a higher gi than high amylose rice. (Basmati is an example of a high amylose rice, and that has a moderate gi.). If the pasta was made with a high amylose rice flour it may have a lower gi, although I would still think that the regular wheat pasta would have a lower gi. JMHO.

Nite.

Marie.
Old 10-18-2002, 10:13 AM   #71  

Morning everyone!!

wtg BOB!! Man, i need to get my arse in gear and lose some weight!!

I'm holding at a steady 196 right now which is good cause i was above 200 for 3 years~!!

I"m sorry i can't post individually yet. I don't have time, but i do read each and every one of the posts and am thinking of you all!!

I had 3 interviews with the hospital where i want to go and am now waiting for the CALL!! They said it could take a month for me to hear anything!!

My cold is all better, thanks for the thoughts and prayers!!

Well, it will be hard to be good this weekend again! I'm going to a weinee roast at my uncles and it will be a blast!! My babygirl niece is coming home with me to spend the night so i'm sure the evening will be sugar filled!! I love THIS TIME OF YEAR!! I could just roll around in caramel and apples and..........-OOPs, got off track there!

Everyone have a great weekend. THANK GOD UT IS OFF THIS WEEKEND!!--DEBYJ
Old 10-18-2002, 10:31 AM   #72  

Morning everyone- Is it Friday already? Better walk outside today as we're supposed to get rain tomorrow and then a big cold front. Well today I start being a little stricter on myself. I think I've been having a little to many snacks and so I want to cut back so I'll lose good this week again. And also don't want to mess up on the week-end..

Zanne- Congradulations on the weight loss..And most of all yee haa on the size 10 jeans. Woopie ki ah......... Now thats something to spur you on. Can't wait till I can go shopping and see what sizes I can get into....Makes me excited..

Debilli- I'll be saying a little prayer for your job interview!! I'm sure you'll do great.. After all you are the fearless leader and we've got complete faith in you... And I'm sure you'll shine.

Beth-Good for you and the poptarts!! Thats the way to build self control gal... Each time you do stuff like that it makes you a stronger person...

gracious- I'm so sad about your computer. I'm typing on our notebook right now as mine is down and we don't have the money to fix it yet. Maybe you need a new modem like me...Congradulations on your year and yee ha for just 10 lbs. to go till goal. You can do it..... Please keep coming to the board, we need you and would miss your posts so much..

Jack-K- We'll then you're going to get rain... LOL Where do you live? I'm in Missouri. Here comes the week-end gal, easy on the dinner!!! Don't let them "Men" get you down.. huh wonder if I can get mine to take me out for dinner??!!

Tranquil- Oh no not an eye virus.. Gee I've never heard of that either but I hope it clears up soon.. sounds painful. Watched survivor too. That Stephanie did it to herself and even on the Early Show she didn't rate any high marks with me. She still was making excuses why she acted so bad... I got my burger buns at the Health food store in the freezer section where they keep the bread. They had hot dog buns to but I couldn't see paying 3.00 for them..

Rosalie- So sorry about your post. That can drive me crazy. Miss your big post, I enjoy them so much. Wish the pop ups would go away.

Sef-Sounds like the pampered chef party was good. I wouldn't mind getting my brother the barbeque fork. I love my pizza stone I got from them and use it when ever I make pizza. I think I need a new phone to. I haven't had mine that long and it fades in and out. I'm going to try and take it back to radio shack.

Well guess I need to get busy and make breakfast and start doing somethings. Maybe get me a fast walk on the treadmill...Everyone have a good Friday and a nice week-end

213/163.5/130
Old 10-18-2002, 10:35 AM   #73  

Debj- I think we must have been posting the same time.. Try staying away from the breads for a week and that will jump start you.. And of course those caramel apples won't help at all. LOL...
Old 10-18-2002, 12:58 PM   #74  

Sad news, I had to buy a pair of size 12 jeans yesterday. Just couldn't stand squeezing into my 10s any longer and didn't fit in 10 jeans at the store, so it's not that I've shrunk them. Still maintaining the 167, just need to get it down.

Tranquil, Sorry you're not feeling well, hope you're better soon.

Monet, Halloween candy, I can't even have that stuff in my home! My DH and I decided not to buy it until almost the 31st and then he's going to hide it from me. Sorry you're not feeling well, hope you're better soon.

Bob, thanks for the tips, my little one just brought mommy a glass of water and as soon as I drink it down, I'll have him fill another.

Deb, Best of luck with the job interview.

On to the weekend. Thinking of all you.

Lara
Old 10-18-2002, 01:17 PM   #75  

Hi y'all. No I haven't disappered...yet. It's just been toooo busy lately. From the looks of things it seems like all of us have been busy too. Dennis is working full time now. That's great, but I've lost my cook, laundry person, house keeper, etc. He's great about helping around the house and when he was home all the time he did all of those things. Now he's working 12-14 hrs a day and it's up to me.

Food wise it hasn't been pretty. I've blown it every day and making concisous decisions that have set me back a few pounds. But it's a new day and so far so good. But I'm holding by a very thin thread.

Sorry I'm not responding individually. I'm just not up to it.
Closed Thread