Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 04:32 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default Sugar Busters VS Low Carb (such as ATKINS)

I'm sorry if this is not the place to ask questions, but I got confused reading the posts, couldn't decide if I was supposed to just jump in or not.

Anyway I've been following a LC WOE since May and have done very well with it. I have lost about 40 pounds. The last few weeks I have been having a really hard time staying OP. I was thinking about switching to something more like SB. (I have a great program for the puter that used the GI as the basis)

I am just wondering what all of you think the advantages of a low GI diet is as opposed to a traditional Low carb diet where you do not eat any breads at all.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:33 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hi Age!

Sorry it took a little time to reply to your post.

I personally can't comment all that much between SB and low carbing. I haven't done both, though I have on a few occasions tried to limit my starchy carbs and that I find hard enough.

There are quite a few of our board members who did Atkins or other LC diets that switched over to SB. If you would like to address your question to them all you need to do is go to the SB WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD and paste it on the newest board (they are all dated, we just started a new board this morning, 10/21). There, you will most definitely get a good response from those who've been there, done that.

Oh and the Texas Roses of the board will surely be happy to see another gal from their Lone Star State

Debbie
Closed Thread