Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many times did you find yourself eating things off plan during the last week?
None 5 14.71%
1 6 17.65%
2-3 7 20.59%
4-5 4 11.76%
6-9 1 2.94%
10 or more 1 2.94%
Haven\'t a clue, but it was a lot 6 17.65%
Just starting SB 3 8.82%
Other 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 05:30 PM   #121  
Mel

Default Friday

It's hot here too, but not as bad as you westerners have it. It just feels so sticky.
I JUST BOUGHT SIZE 4 JEANS AT THE GAP AND THEY ARE NOT EVEN A BIT TIGHT!!! WHOO HOO! Maybe next month I can start swiping dd's size 2- LOL- I think I've hit the bone size limit.

Nance- My spider veins went away when I got near my target weight, and started to do so much exercise. Unfortunately, the skin and stretch marks didn't, so I have what looks like a sear-sucker birthday suit. Just lovely! Oh why didn't I do this when I was 30???

Chris- I don't eat bread, but when I did, I used the 100% rye or pumpernickel that looks like brown or black styrofoam with odd German names. Also, 100% stone ground whole wheat pitas ( Acme or Fresh Fields) and Lavash stone ground ww flatbread (Fresh Fields)- kinda like a thin, big tortilla, great for wrapping up whatever. I hear sourdough breads are legal, but if I have any, I eat the whole loaf. So- no bread. It's not the healthiest of starchy carbs, anyway. Oh yeah- pepperidge farm started making a legal 100% stone ground whole wheat.

No tatoos here either, but I do have an extensive scar collection. Does that count?

Monet- so glad you got an outfit! Don't envy you shopping with dd. I love mine dearly, but she makes me crazy with pickiness when we shop. Especially since she looks fantastic in everything she puts on, so I don't get it! As far as I can tell, she tries on 8 "different" things that look the same to me, then decides the ninth, which looks the same to me, is perfect and the others weren't. Another reason I hope she elopes when the time comes!

Gotta go start the billionth dinner of chicken breasts.

mel
Old 05-31-2002, 06:12 PM   #122  

Just a quick note here. I really wish I had time to address everyone individually. Thanks so much for all your comments! I did skim the posts, and tried to be caught up with what is going on.

My daughter and I went to the mall again today and found shoes at the first place we looked. I had to hunt, but eventually found my wide brimmed white hat, a scarf that is almost the same color as my suit to tie onto it, a white shell to wear so I can open the jacket if I get hot, and a pair of white gloves. I decided to be hoity toity and wear gloves! It will give my less formal suit a more formal look. Had lunch with my son, who works at the mall, and then dropped my daughter off to get her dressed hemmed for the wedding.

I made cheese straws this morning, and made arrangements for relatives coming in to the airport. I still have a ton to do, but at least I will be dressed nicely for the wedding!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-31-2002, 10:33 PM   #123  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HEY DEB~~~~~

What's up with all these recipe boards from the past hanging on the top of the index page????

BOB
Old 05-31-2002, 11:53 PM   #124  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!

Just hanging out!

YELLOW: I hope you feel better, you've had a long siege. A whole store for needlework. I'd be in hog heaven!!! Haven't doe needlepoint in ages.
MEL: Bet I can match your scars any day! With six operations and numerous scars from all sorts of dumb things. Even have a scar from the German Shepherd we had. I helped the country vet neuter him in the back of the van. Until the vet could knock him out, he wasn't a happy dog. You know how men are about the family jewels and vasectomies! I'm at the age where I have a crinkly birthday suit too!! Who needs tattoos? If I had gotten a cupid when I was younger he's have a limp arrow by now!

Did I mention that Melf brought me goodies fresh from their garden? Also a Louisiana fridge magnet and a LA key ring with banjo and guitars on it and a CD of her brothers Cajun music group "Jesse Lege' & the Southern Ramblers". Just cause I gave them lunch!!!!! And enjoyed their company!!

I have arachnaphobia. I can stand bugs, snakes, toads, frogs, etc. But a spider gives the willies!!!! Of course, everytime we use the pool we have to scoop out a couple and I am getting pretty good about it. This afternoon, I went out and turned on the vacuum and was going to skim (lovebugs are dying happy in our pool). As I was skimming, I do it in the water rather than stand on the edge, I saw a huge beetle on one of those foam spahetti things. No sweat, beetles are fine. As I grabbed the foam to hold it as i knocked the beetle off, this HUGE HUGE thing comes running at me! It was like the hand running across the floor in the Addams Family. I da-n near fainted. I was out of there like a shot, even fat people can move fast when they are scared sh-tless!! BY then the wind had blown the foam to the end of the pool. I was soooo brave, I walked around the back of the chairs we have out there. I mean, what if that sucker decided to hop off and hit the pavement?!? That was the end of the pool for today. I was actually sick to my stomach. The thing was still there an hour or so later when DS came home. He thought it was funny, but did go out like my knight in shining armor, put the skimmer on the 10' pole and knocked it into pool and scooped him away. You couldn't have PAID me to use the 10" pole!!! I know it's stupid but just can't help it!!! I'll take a cockroach anytime!!! Oh well, that's life!!!

Take care. sef
Old 06-01-2002, 01:32 AM   #125  

Angry 3rd day of WOE

Just a quick note to let everyone know I stayed OP for my 3rd day. I figure if I make myself post at the end of each day whether I've been good or not, I'll have extra incentive to avoid any and all illegal foods.

Had some trouble in the late afternoon. I got caught out with the family longer than I had anticipated. We were picking out carpet and appliances for the new house and it took forever. Anyway, I started getting hungry and light-headed. I kept telling my husband I needed to stop at a convenience store for a small bag of peanuts, but he kept pushing to get everything done first. I almost went OP on the way home, but stuck it out and made it to some peanuts. I guess I should start carring a snack with me.

Tried Almond Chicken and Garlic Brown Rice with Onions (a SB recipe) for dinner tonight. Hmmmmm...Good.

Thanks for all the encouragement.
Old 06-01-2002, 08:52 AM   #126  

Default Good Saturday Morning

Well = I am getting ready to take the car in, friend will pick me up, and then we will wait to hear from Melf and Wendy and I will drive down to St Augustine....

Sef - thank you - I had a feeling you might not be on and see my note - but that it ok... Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Wish I could have had all that delicious food!!!

Well good news on the weight - I am now 254 - I lost all the water - I was up and down all night long for potty breaks. So I have gone from 272 on 4/1 = to 254 on June 1!!!! Not quite hit my goal = but now will start a new goal....what is so fantastic is TOM is only 3 days away and I am still very light! I might even have lost more!!! Crossing fingers, toes and arms and legs!!!

I have walked a lot and last night was so funny because the dog was pooping out before Gram and I - when I clocked the walk - we had finished 2.5 miles!!! and we could have kept going! So, I am going to carry a portable collapsable water bowl with me for Fluff to drink from so she does not slow us down like last night....

Well better iron my linen shirt so it can wrinkle!

Sabrina - on Cloud 9!!!
Old 06-01-2002, 09:45 AM   #127  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Talking WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

THE T-BALL CARDINALS REMAIN UNDEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My son's final season game was last night, against a team we were playing for the second time due to a scheduling fluke. They spent the whole season talking about how we got all the good calls (COMPLETELY untrue, we gave them several calls and had NONE in our favor!) and that it was just a fluke that we beat them, so they were all talking big about the rematch.

We beat em 23-18. Nuff Said!

The coach had little Tshirts made for all the kids that says 2002 TBall Champions, and has all their names on it, they're adorable and he was soooooo sweet to do that! We're FIRED UP and ready to take the tournament!!!!

Oldest DS plays his first tournament game today. I'm supposed to be at work 15 minutes after it's scheduled to end (I'm working 2nd shift today to fill in for someone who is off) but the girl working 1st shift agreed to just stay until I can get there after the game I'm soooooo glad!! It's a double elimination tourney, so they play till they lose twice. We're hoping they play more than 2 games, but it's not likely

Haven't been near a scale, but I'm mid cycle and I feel all puffy... not sure if I've hit my June 1st goal or not... but as soon as I can spare a minute and my MIL is home, I'm gonna go see If anything, I'm probably a pound or two over from fluid... my fingers have dents in them where my rings sit today, and usually they are flipping all around my fingers because they're too big. I guess I'm gonna go hit the H2O bottle to see if I can't help some of it get OFF ME!!

DEB - Yeah... what BOB said!! All those stickys are driving me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Anyway, I'm off to make something of my Saturday morning since I don't get the whole day off this week Laundry here I come

Have a WONDERFUL Saturday Y'all!!!
Old 06-01-2002, 10:20 AM   #128  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Good Morning!

Haven't had my coffee yet, so watch out for those typo's! Sister and brother are coming down from Orange County. Mom and I are taking off shortly and are going to meet them up in a small town in the mountains and away from the heat! Probably have lunch, window shop at the cute stores they have, wished we had their kind of climate, then come back to the pit to melt. Dan the Man is gone this weekend which always feels weird. Stayed up til 11:30pm last night, am usually in bed at 9:00-10:00pm. I was kind of in a muddle yesterday and couldn't seem to snap out of it, but feel better today.

Still at 236...I feel so bloated, but no reason to be...going to work on getting down the water. I want back to my 232.5 I was at dang nabit! I worked hard to get there and was only inches away from getting into the 220's.....

Well, I'm going to hop in the shower and then fluff-n-fold myself.
Have a great day everyone if I don't post later!
Old 06-01-2002, 10:40 AM   #129  

Default I'M BAAAACK

Just popping in to say hello. The last day with kids was yesterday. Teachers had to be back in today to pack up and clean up for the summer. I haven't had much time to look over this week's posts, so sorry, no individual replies. Hope I can keep up this summer and get back on the wagon. It keeps running over me.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:54 PM   #130  

Good afternoon everyone.... Finally getting to settle down and read the posts. My husband works all night on the week-end and when he gets home in the morning about 8 it takes him forever to wind down. He's finally tucked in all nice and quiet for his day of sleep... So that means I try to keep things pretty quiet in the house. I wish I would have gotten my treadmill time in before he went to sleep but will have to wait now till this evening. Can't believe I'm just going along OP. This is such a great feeling, when you're doing it right and can hang on to and be strong. They ought to bottle that up.... I sure hope this continues for a great while....Hope everyone is having a really nice week-end. We can hear the canoers on the river from our place. They'll be laughing and screaming as they make there way down river. And theres lots of them on the river this Sat.

Music Teach- Sounds like its time to start your summer. Glad you made through the year... I'm sure you'll get back OP after you get a bit of a rest....

Nancemeister- Which mountain town are you going to. Guess I told you we used to have a cabin at Lake Gregory. My DH spent allot of time in Big Bear.. I would love to go back and see places like that. I'm hopeing maybe this fall.. Yep fight for your rights, you deserve 232.5!!! Your body is a traitor... Its got to all fall back into place soon. Just don't get discourage gal.. You may be surprised this Wed.....

Beth- Congrads for you son.....Yep hit that water hard!!!! That bloat will come off by WIW.....

Tranquil- I'm so excited for you to see Melf and Wendy. I hope you have a great time... Wow your weight is great. You make me really feel the need to walk! You've done so well.... Keep up the good work. You're a true inspiration..

Homeschooling Mom- Congraduations on staying OP for 3 days... Way to go... Maybe just keep a little bag of peanuts in your purse or an apple when you go. I always try to remember to take a bottle of water with me... Oh where is the the Almond Chicken recipe at and the Garlic brown rice that sounds so good...

Sef- I'll bet your lunch was great and what a nice thing to get prizes to... You would hate it here in Missouri this is bug world here. My SIL won't even go outside here. Love your jokes, especially how to bathe a cat!

Bob I wondered myself, it takes me forever to find the support board...

Monet- You did great at the mall. I'll bet you're going to look wonderful, your outfit sounds beautiful. yum, I've never made cheese straws before...

Meliris- A size 4. Only in my dreams.... Oh my gosh I would run naked through our little town if I ever get to be that size. Well maybe just kidding.... You are tiny woman.... I have the scars to. From the back of my ear to my foot....

Yellowrose- Hope you get feeling stronger and stronger. Be careful about over doing it....

Jack-K- Hope you have a good week-end

Guess I'll stop now and go hunt for that Almond Chicken recipe.... By for now...

213/188/130
Old 06-01-2002, 03:26 PM   #131  
sef

TONI - Bugs are okay! It's the SPIDERS, whih are in a catagory al their own!!!
Old 06-01-2002, 06:20 PM   #132  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Just call me quickie this weekend!

Wanted to get on yesterday to post-wasn't able, Michael was on from the minute he got home from school til I went to bed. Was out most of the day today, came home, took a much-needed nap and right now, headed out the door to meet ELI for dinner with Minnie & Morris and their daughter and SIL-so have to run. Not sure if I will have time to post when I get home, doubt it though. Tomorrow the COFFEE MAN is off, so I'll be running around with him. If I don't post tonight, will try to do so tomorrow. If you don't see a post from me by tomorrow evening, watch out-there's going to be a MEGA POST come Monday! I can see it now, I'll be on here for hours and hours and hours....

Hope all is well with everyone-miss not being able to get on here and post, hate it more that I haven't been able to read everyone's goings on of the last couple days.

BTW, eating has been wonderful, water intake sucks, haven't been able to exercise due to the really bad weather we've been having, but hey, one out of 3 ain't so bad!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 06-01-2002, 11:54 PM   #133  

Chisb1022 - I posted a quick recipe for a cream cheese pudding earlier.

Use 2 cups FF milk, 8oz box FF cream cheese, whatever flavor SF FF Jello pudding you want, plus 1 oz of Torani syrup flavoring.

My latest concoction was a Caramel syrup, White Chocolate Cream Cheese. MMMMM!

It's easier if you mix the cream cheese with 1/2 cup milk 1st, add pudding mix, and then the rest of the milk.

Good news! Doing the Fitday.com, and increasing my protein, (and cutting out that blasted Lite Yoplait!) - I dropped to 127! Three whole pounds! I've been fluctuating from 129-131 for months! Yay! Now I have a little more incentive, it was dragging for a while.

Well, I better go. Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 06-02-2002, 02:42 AM   #134  

Smile 4th Day

Yes! Today was my 4th day OP.

My lack of energy is starting to worry me, though. Last night I slept 11 hours and then lazed around on the couch watching TV until 5pm. My husband asked me if I was coming down with something.

I want everyone here to know that they are an inspiration to me. I was seriously tempted to cheat. I had the munchies and knew that if I started eating I wouldn't stop until I'd binged on every illegal food I could get my hands on. Then I plopped my butt in front of this computer and read through several of the weekly support boards. All of your posts gave me the umph to stay OP. Thanks, guys.

That's it for now. It's 1:30 in the morning and I'm heading for bed.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:44 AM   #135  

Mel

Congratulations on the size 4!! I can feel your excitement!! I am finally fitting back into my 14's.
I will be so excited if I can get back in my 10's or even my 8's.
I have a box full of each size in the basement.
I am the opposite of you, I need to be able to eat a piece of bread, I'm not bread crazy and can have one piece. I used to do the zone and on that you can't have bread, I acutally got to a size 4 for a few months. Then shortly after that I got pregnant and it all went KABLAM!! Nick is 3 now and I feel like I am ready to really make this work. I felt good on the zone, BUT I couldnt keep up with the protien every meal and the carbs are extremely limited on that woe. SB feels like a wonderful balance!

MAMA
Hang in there girl! Have you checked this web site?

http://www.prettyimpressivestuff.com...ters/index.htm

It is really good!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!
Closed Thread