Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 03-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #91  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

We are looking at another day of sunshine and mild temps . . . things are supposed to change tonight and we are going to get a few days of rain and other mixed up nasty stuff. My guess is the rain will outweight the nasty (snow and ice pellets) and by the beginning of April most of this white stuff will be gone.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #92  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hellooooooo

Where is everybody? It's so quiet without ya'll. My hubby found some cinnamon basil so I planted that today. It is one of my very favorites. Yesterday we helped my daughter start her very own little garden. It is her first and she is very excited.

I hope you are all doing well.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #93  

Sorry Crystle I've been tired today and just haven't felt like posting. I got some herbs Friday. Sweet basil, chives and parsley. Also some lettuce to plant. I may have gotten them to early. We've had possible snow predicted last Sat. night. Looks like someone dumped a dog off here. Or its traveled from somewhere. I couldn't help but feed it. It looked so pitiful. I know I shouldn't have. We sure don't need another dog.

Meowee- Hope you've had a good day. And your weather was good.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:31 AM   #94  
Onward and Downward

Oh Phooey . . . looks like northeastern Nova Scotia has decided to revise the old March weather saying to -- "in like a lion; out like the whole pride" -- it is decidedly wet, wild, and WHITE out there this morning. This is getting very tiresome.

Oh well, everything is not bad in my little world this March -- blood sugar levels are hanging in there at good numbers as is the weight loss. Looks like I'll be able to move my ticker a whole 5 pounds downward tomorrow. Of course, I will wait until tomorrow just in case some good kind of miracle occurs today.

Crystle . . . I so envy you the ability to plant anything right about now.

Toni . . . congrats on the newest addition to the canine family.

Have a great day everybody . . . wherever you are and whatever you are doing . . .

Last edited by meowee; 03-31-2009 at 07:33 AM. Reason: still suffering from finger dribbling ;)
Old 03-31-2009, 02:04 PM   #95  

So, I'm sitting here feeling sick to my stomach from the brownies I just ate and figured it's about time to get my big butt back in gear. Eden is 10 weeks old now and I have NO EXCUSE!
Anyway, it's a little tough around here. I've been battling migranes and the allergy list has grown for the family. It's looking like I may have to start PT for my back again, but I am going to try to get back to the YMCA for water aerobics first. That always helped a lot for strengthening my back so I'm hoping to give that a month first. I'm going to the chiropractor once a week at least and having some massage therapy as well.
I'm still hovering on weight. I was 202 this morning but at least I can still wear the 14s. I've been walking a very little bit, several times a week. Like no more than 1.5 miles at a time.
Tomorrow is payday and I'm headed to the farmer's market to stock up. It's so intimidating. We can't have wheat, dairy, corn, tomotoes, peanuts and only trace amounts of soy. I feel like there is NOTHING to eat!! And 4 kids under 6 years old is seriously testing my limit of what I can handle. Especially with Lucas, otherwise known as Evil Kinevil-Houdini Boy. Ughh..
So I'm going to make a grocery list and try to plan meals in advance. I've never been good at that but we'll see.

Ellen- I'm sorry I missed your birthday. Hope it was great!

Tech- (((hug))) You are such a great mom for fighting so hard to get what your daughter needs.

meowee- Sounds like you're doing great ((applause))

Crystle- I'm so jealous of your garden. It sounds fantastic!

Toni- Poor puppy I'm getting ready to start some gardening this weekend, too.
Talitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #96  
Onward and Downward

Glad to see you back, Chickie, but sorry to hear things are tough going right now . . . BTW, a friend of mine who has celiac disease and so cannot have wheat, swears by the rice pastas have you tried those?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

I thought I posted yesterday, but guess I didn't.

Nothing going on in my corner of the world. We had to make a liquor store run last night as a "sin tax" starts today on alcohol and cigarettes. You should have seen all the liquor stores on TV, they were packed. I don't think this is going to be helpful as it will only force Kentuckians to go across the river to Indiana to purchase their "sins".

We have a new BB coach today. The highest paid coach at that. Let's hope he's worth the money they paid him. Kentucky fans are tough.

Toni, looks like you will have anothr dog. Once you feed them, it is hard to get rid of them.

Talitha, I can't imagine trying to find food your whole family can eat with all the allergies. I can't find food now w/o allergies.

Cryslte, what do you use cinnamon basil in? I have never heard of it. I am sure your DD will lover her garden. You are starting her out right.

Meowee, I feel for you with that nasty weather. I am sooo ready for warm weather and we are a lot closer than you guys. Soon, jusst rememer that.

Tech, how is your DD doing, better I hope.

Guess I am out of here. Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 205/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello

Hi, newbie here. Off to go set up a weight ticker.
ThunderThighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #99  

Default Good afternoon.

Howdy ya'll. Boy what a neat surprise to see all the posts. I just love hearing how you all are doing.

The goslings and baby chicks are starting to get some of their feathers. They look cute and pitamous at the same time.

Welcome ThunderThighs...I hope you enjoy your stay here. There are some awesome ladies with lots of good advice.

Solly...I use the cinnamon basil in just about any tomato dish. I also grow it for the smell. After a good rain is smells so good on the front porch.

Talitha...so good to see you. I'm sorry that you have to deal with all the allergies. That has to make it hard. Do they believe that some of these allergies will be outgrown? I feel for you with a house full of little ones. I know they are a blessing but I also remember what it was like when mine were little. These days will pass before you know it and you will have a treasure trove of precious memories.

Toni...aww a tender heart makes for a new pet. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Meowee...I hope you get some nice weather soon, minus the snow. ((hugzz))

Ellen...how are you?

Tech...praying for you and Shelly.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 04-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #100  
Onward and Downward

Glad you found us Thunder . . . but I do have a tiny bit of bad newsw . . . afraid you hve to be a member for at least 20 days and have at least 20 posts before you can have signature and ticker access. Just do lots of posting and the time will just whiz on by.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #101  

What a pretty day we're having. I went to town to mail a package for my son in Iraq and enjoyed getting out. I hear it may rain tomorrow. So I'm enjoying today. Think tomorrow I'll make a pot of 15 bean soup. But today I've got chicken and think I might roll them in some whole wheat panko crumbs and cook in a tiny bit of olive oil and have it with salad. My body is craving some healthy food.

Talitha- I can't imagine how awful it would be to have to cook in such a restricked way. Each day must be hard to figure something out. I sure admire you...

Solly-Yea I wonder if liquor went up here too. I'll have to see when I go to buy wine in a couple of weeks. But I did see at the store today for three cartons of cigarettes it was 146.33. I was shocked. And so happy I no longer smoke. I couldn't even imagine spending almost 50. a carton.

Thunder- I'm glad you've joined us. Tell us something about you. I'm married and my children are all grown. I've been around since 2000. This is a great place to be. And a wonderful group of ladies.

Crystle- glad your birds are doing so good. I've never tried cinnamon basil but have seen it for sale. I need to plant my lettuce.

Well guess I'd better get in the cupboard and hunt the panko crumbs. Have a good evening.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #102  

Default Toni

That bean soup sounds tummy. I wished you lived closer. My guys won't eat bean soup and I won't bother for just me.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 04-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #103  

Good morning! Yes, I have been MIA. Life has been crazy and I am SO ready for a break!

This past weekend, we rented a huge truck and went down to south Georgia to clean out Tom's deceased uncle's house. We brought back tons of furniture, and other items. I plan to have an estate sale for the things we don't want. Since my daughter and her husband are supposed to be moving out, they need furniture. They will take some of it, and I am going to take the dining room suit. In the meantime, the two car garage is stuffed to the rafters, and there is furniture in den, piled up and pushed to the wall. The TV is about inaccessible. We were all totally exhausted when we got back on Sunday night, but had to unload the truck and return it. I totally vegged out Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday, I tried to catch up some, wrote out menus for the week, and did a bit of shopping. Today, my daughter was supposed to come over with the baby but she called me early to tell me she got no sleep last night, so she is not coming.

Diet wise, I am doing well. My new doctor wants his patients to follow a particular diet that is basically a 1200 calorie a day diet. I am finding it challenging, but when I stick to it well, I see a good improvement with my blood sugar levels, so I feel more motivated. I follow good SB form with it..no whites, avoiding corn and potatoes, eating all whole grain, etc. The first two weeks I was going to this new doctor I lost 6.5 pounds. I am not really excited about it yet, since he also started me on a diuretic.

It is overcast and looks rainy again today. I am thankful that it is washing the pollen out of the air, but it would be nice to see some sunshine. I can't believe it is April already! In another few weeks, the pool will be open and I can start swimming!

Oh, and the weirdest thing happened. This new doctor totally chewed me out for walking 30 minutes a day! To cure insulin resistance, he told me you have to start at 10, no matter how long you have been walking, and slowly build. So, I am now walking only 10 minutes a day. Next week, I go up to 15 minutes for two weeks, then up to 20. I was a bit shocked, but I know this guy is an expert in metabolic problems, so I am doing what he told me to do. Amazingly, my blood sugars dropped dramatically as soon as I cut back!

TECH: How heartbreaking for you and Shelley! I think you follow the doctor's orders and tell the principal to talk to the doctor. I believe it is illegal though, for the doctor to give any info to the principal with out your signed consent. Here they have a homebound program for ill kids who can't attend school. They do their work at home, and a traveling teacher comes and checks in with them once a week. I have known several kids who were put on it for various reasons. That would be good for Shelley. Then she could keep up with her work, but have the opportunity to heal with out stress.

MEOWEE: I hope you are able to realize spring soon... What I don't understand is why you don't move south so you can enjoy warmer weather? May I suggest Atlanta?

TONI: Did the dog stick around? This is sure crazy weather this year if you are getting snow in April! As I suggested to Meowee, move south!

COUNTRY: Did you post pictures of those goslings? They sound adorable! You are WAY ahead of us on the garden. I have not even ordered my seeds yet. I get them from Johnny's though, and they usually get here in less than a week. I have a bunch left over from last year too. Tom needs to get his Mantis out and till the garden. We have been SO busy though...

SOLLY: Sin tax huh? That never works. You are right, everyone is going to drive to Indiana, or Tennessee. Where ever it is cheaper. I am a big fan of the Fair Tax. I wish we would see some REAL change in DC. Speaking of which, Fillise does a political blog that I read some. It is hilarious. I wish we could get her back on here.

THUNDER: I am guessing that is you with your kids in the avatar? Cute! We are glad to have you join us.

TALITHA: What can I say? You have your hands full for sure. I guess you need to keep it simple...plain meats, plain veggies and rice. Sounds like stir fries would be a good option. Can you use wheat free soy sauce? They sell it at the market. Water aerobics! I can't wait to open the pool! Call me sometime.

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #104  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Good to see you ELLEN and very glad to hear that things are going well with the new doctor. Sounds very promising. You are right, of course, the diuretic had a bit to do with that big loss in a week; but rest assured that things will continue to go downward at a bit more conservative rate.

Yes this has definitely been one of those Winters that makes me wonder why on earth I live in this stupid northern country -- probably the fact that I was born here. Most of our winters are not that bad here in Nova Scotia which is one of the reasons I didn't return to Ontario when I retired.

Anyway . . . another damp and dull day today . . . but no snow and the temp is going to go up to almost 50F.

Have a great day, everybody and I really hope that most of you are having SPRING. See you later . . .
Old 04-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #105  

I was looking at the Candida Diet info and it really explains a LOT of my symptoms and issues. I did an online lifestyle test that said any score over 85 is bad. I had over 300.... yuck.
Anyway, for now I'm just doing what I can. I had blackened salmon and roasted zuccini last night. I skipped the sweet potatos I did for the kids and was really proud of myself. Until Travis handed me the last of the Dove Dark Chocolates during LOST. Somehow they all disappeared and I had a sweet taste in my mouth and a sick feeling in my stomach.. (((slaps forehead))) Why can't I break this sugar addiction? I just don't feel up to it. No wonder I have yeast overgrowth issues!

So, I'm off to a better start today. I had left over zuccini and some mushrooms sauteed and then scrambled into 3 egg whites. It was yummy.

I'm cleaning out closets today and hoping that we can start working on the house. We need to get some stuff done so that we can get it reappraised for a building loan. Kinda nervous about that. Last year it appraised for 200 and I'm guessing that it dropped at least 10% since then. We need about $50k to do the build on and I don't know if we'll be able to get an equity line for that much. We only owe $130 so we should at least be able to make a start. All I know is that 6 people and a big dog in 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom is not working well anymore. I'm starting to lose my mind.

Ellen- I'm all for the Fair Tax, too. It's brilliant. I have to restrict soy, but can have a little Tamari every now and then.

Toni- mmmm... bean soup.

Crystal- you make me smile

Thunder- Welcome to the jungle!!! LOL

Last edited by Talitha; 04-02-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: 1
Talitha is offline   Reply With Quote