Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 04-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA. I have been busy at work and work has been horrible. I didn't even want to come to work today. Everyone is cranky, nasty and thinks you are incompetent. We don't have much work and we are bidding everything. Which keeps me very busy. I am so glad it is Friday. No big plans for the weekend. Just getting my hair cut and colored tomorrow DH is playing golf so that works out well.

Meowee, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. Have a safe trip. We will miss you.

Ellen, You are one busy lady. You will get it all done with time to spare. You are too hard on yourself.

Toni, how did your soup turn out with the ground turkey? Can you tell? It didn't rain here Easter, but it was very cool.

Candoit, glad you are back and doing so well. Just be careful working out.

Lisa, good for you getting in your groove. I find when I am not busy, all I think about is eating. I like busy days, plus the day goes faster. Wish I could leave early, like right now.

Crystle, hope you are doing great.

It is supposed to be warm here today, so I plan to take a walk on my lunch hour. Hope I don't get mugged or murdered. Not a great neighborhood.

Made it to the gym 5 days this week. Hope it makes up for my eating. :sad:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Talk to you Monday.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #167  

Meowee- I'm so sorry about your cousin.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #168  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

Howdy ya'll. I'm still here. We are just on vacation this week so no computer time to speak of. Today it is yucky and raining so it has slowed us down. Eating has been pitiful but I'm enjoying every minute and already planning on getting right back on track.

Meowee...I am so sorry for your loss.

Sue...so good to see you. Hang in there. The weight will start coming off again.

Solly...sorry they are being toots at work. I hope the mood around there picks up.

Ellen...how did the cheese come out this time?

Toni...I'm gonna have to try that taco soup some time. Every time I read about it it makes my mouth water.

Lisa...hang in there. Have you tried a high sugar fruit to give you that jolt versus refined sugar? I find when I need a boost grapes or pineapple give me a lift.

Tech...praying for you and Shelly.

Talitha...how was your trip to the Y?

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #169  

Happy Monday all. My week end went fine. We grilled steaks yesterday and had them with baked sweet potatoes, salad and veggie. It was starting to rain so we had to hurry. We're supposed to have a beautiful week with the temps. getting up to the 80's. I love it and will get out and enjoy it. Hope everyone is fine.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #170  

Default Good afternoon

The boys and I just finished lunch. It was yummy! My friend made a medley of fresh veggies the other day...summer squash, butternut squash, fresh asparagus, onion, celery, tomato and jalapeņos. We mixed that with brown rice, fresh pork roast and rolled it in corn tortillas. I'm stuffed. I tried to eat two but I got full first. The sun is shining and it is just too beautiful outside. I should be out there replanting green beans but it is still muddy from the weekend so I'm going to put it off a couple of days.

((Everybody)))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 04-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday, if that is possible.

Weekend was so-so. Saturday was beautiful. We spent most of it outdoors. Yesterday it rained all day and I do mean all day. Still raining off and on today and calling for more tomorrow. Cool, but by Wed it will warm up to the 80's. Just hope it holds out for Derby week the following week.

Toni, thanks for sending warm weather, can you send it faster?

Crystle, just vacation from school work etc,or did you go somewhere? Gla you enjoyed yourself no matter.

Tech, wondering how Shelley is doing?

Crazy busy, probably won't be on tomorrow unless its late. have a great one
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #172  

Oh boy what a beautiful week we're having here. The weather has been great. I should get off here and do something useful but I'm a slob today. Trying to get my water in today. I'm just not drinking enough. Thought tonight I'd make a nice salad with some grilled chicken on top. DH will love it. And maybe start us on the road to healthier eating.

Solly-Sending you some lovely weather. Hope you are having a good week. You must be mighty busy.

Crystle- Your food always sounds so good. Have some squash and fresh asparagus to cook too. Wish I had that vegetable medley.

Well maybe I'll do something now. Have a good day.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #173  

Default Howdy

Good afternoon ya'll. Vacation caught up with me big time. Every bad food choice has showed up as pounds and I don't mean one or two..my fault. But I'm trying really hard to get back on track. There is a huge pot of beans cooking on the stove right now...cranberry beans, black beans, navy beans, garbanzo beans and lentils. Hopefully it will taste a bit like 16 bean soup.

It is totally beautiful outside. Yesterday I planted the last of the spring garden. At least I think so. I even picked a few radishes. They were so tasty.

I hope ya'll are having a SUPER day.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 04-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #174  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

My sugar cravings are really getting more and more tame every week.
Wow, it's a relief.

I sometimes start talking to myself like cheesecake isn't really very
high GI food and that it wouldn't be so terrible to have a slice.
It wouldn't be terrible, but it wouldn't be helpful either! So far
I've managed to stay on plan 6 out of 7 days for the past week.
Yay!

Toni, Thanks for the reminder about drinking more water.
I had been letting that slip.

Solly, Sorry to hear about the environment at work. Bidding on everything
sounds like an exercise in creating bad moods.

Crystle, I can't wait to hear about your garden as the spring and
summer progress.
DeterminedLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:46 AM   #175  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

Yesterday I was badly off-plan. There was this big buffet and I'll spare you the greasy details. Today I'm back on plan, although probably a bit dehydrated and need to drink more. I hope you're all well. Take care.
DeterminedLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #176  

Hello! I have had a rather eventful week, and have not gotten the chance to get on here and post. The wedding came off well...with the exception of my unfortunate accident. I tripped over a neon yellow curb, and could not catch my balance before I hit the raised sidewalk. I landed on my knee, slammed into a sign post with a bag of plastic, metal and glass platters in one hand, and a footed crystal cake stand in the other. The cake stand flew out of my arm, and miraculously landed on a pile of pine straw in the bushes. The horrific crunching noise scared the crap out of Tom, but it was not bone as he thought, just a plastic platter in the bag. It was a cheap, easily replaced platter, and not my heirloom glass. I limped around the reception in great pain, and spent most of the week since in the recliner with my leg propped up. It is a beautiful arrangement of blues, purple and greens. It is still sore, but getting better.

The cake turned out nicely. The wedding was sweet. I am glad it is over, and will be cautious about getting into another one for a while.

My latest interest is Food Network. It was something to do while ensconced in the recliner. I rarely watch TV, so it has been kind of fun. My husband works for Dish, so we just got it installed and it is wonderful!

Eating has been so so. I made another batch of ricotta, and a batch of mozzarella that turned out wonderfully! We have almost eaten the whole thing! It tastes so fresh! I plan to make another batch and try a fresh mozzarella, basil and tomato salad.

MEOWEE: I am very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you....

I must limp off to the store, so I hope all is well with my 'buster friends...

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #177  

LISA: There is a recipe in the recipe section for a cheesecake make with agave, and no crust. You use light cream cheese, and it is not very sweet, but refreshing with fresh fruit on the top. It makes a nice occasional legal treat. If you can't find it, let me know and I will post it for you....
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #178  

Default Howdy

Good afternoon. Things have been pretty busy lately. I finished up the planting last week. Moved the new baby chicks outside. Yesterday we bought a pair of bunnies. They are too sweet. They can't breed for another three months. Boy bunny had other ideas so we had to seperate them already. Eating has been so so. Exercise is almost non-exsistant.

I hope each of ya'll is doing well. Ellen, I'm so sorry to hear about your tumble. I LOVE the food channel.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 04-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #179  

Good afternoon. The week end was great. We grilled both days and just had a side salad with our food. I've got some beautiful organic lettuce I found at Wal Mart. Tonight I'm making tostado's for dinner.

Lisa- Hop back on plan.... You can do it....

Ellen- So sorry about your fall. Hope your knee gets better soon. I love the food network channel. We got the Green channel for a month from Dish and I've been enjoying Emeril cook from Whole Foods market.

Crystal-Sounds like you're so busy.... Glad you got your garden planted. And those chickies out. We're having rain this week and its helping to make everything so green out.

I think its time for a nice cup of hot tea. Enjoy your afternoon....
Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #180  

Hey ladies. I had a national birth conference for ICAN last week so I was busting my butt sewing for the past 2 weeks. We did really well and I'm so excited about getting business up and running again!
I've maintained my weight and it looks like I've lost 2 more. I'm not claiming it until I see it a few days in a row, though. Did we decide we want to have a weekly weigh in? Sounded like Wed or Friday for most?
Anyway, just popping in for a cyperhug to you all. I'm off to water aerobics in a few minutes. Today is out 8th anniversary. I look around me at these precious kiddos and my amazing husband... giving him my forever was the best thing I've ever done. I'm beyond blessed.
Have a lovely day ladies!!
Talitha is offline   Reply With Quote