Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 03-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default "come On Spring , Please"

A new month is a great thing . . . but actually seeing some signs of SPRING would be even better.

Don't know whether it's just this year or the fact that I'm getting older, but boy this Winter is really dragging. Actually so far the day is not all that 'lion-like' -- just a few flurries on top of the overnight freeze-up of all of yesterday's rain.

Definitely hope I get my weight-loss efforts back on track in March . . . I seem to have spent January and February in 'maintenance mode'. Could be worse, of course, but it could be a lot better, too.

Here;s to a great month for all of us, gang . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

We had a bit of tease last week with beautiful weather, now we are expecting a snow storm. I just want to get out and plant some flowers and get my yard back in shape.
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #3  
~Alana

S/C/G: 213.3/179.2/145

Height: 5'4"

I can't wait for spring.. To go bike riding again!!! so excited! =]
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #4  

Snow is melting here. I've spent a lazy Sunday and loved it. I can't wait for spring here either.....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #5  
Addicted to potato salad!

I don't know the exact temperature, but I just took a bag of trash out and my nostril hairs froze, if that tells ya anything....
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #6  
Onward and Downward

Guess our lion arrived after all -- things are definitely looking all white and fresh out there -- a little too white and fresh for my tastes.

At least I had a good OP eating day yesterday so that got the month off to a decent start. Hopefully I can string another one onto it today. I'm getting awfully sick of this "maintenance" rountine I seem to have been practicing so far this year.

Other than that -- nothing exciting for me -- guess I'll knit some socks.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

I'm more than ready for Spring, have been for 2 months now. We missed all the snow, got a blizzard of flurries but that was it. I was greatful.

Weekend eating was horrible. My weeks are perfect, but I totally blow it on the weekend. I have to find a way to get through the weekends OP. We love to eat out and I go wild.

Meowee, Happy belated birthday.

Toni, glad you kept that snow there and didn't send it to me.

Crystle, rabbit stew? Glad I missed that meal. I used to fry the rabbit my Dh hunted but not now.

Tech, you crack me up.

to everyone else.

Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #8  

Well sitting here having a cup of tea before I get busy on dinner. I'm making pork fried rice. Hope it comes out good. I love it when it turns out right. Need to get busy on housework stuff tomorrow. And also packing a box for my son in Iraq.

Tech- Now Tech that is cold.

Meowee-Wishing you luck on staying on SB.

Solly- I tried hard to sent you this snow but it was a no go. There's a big sheet of ice hanging from our roof. Hope it doesn't slide off and chop our cat up.

Okay off to cook.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:30 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening

Howdy ya'll. Boy was it a long day. Plenty of spring things to keep me busy, plus I made the laundry soap before we totally ran out. Eating has been decent, not excellent but I'll get there. At least that is what I tell myself. It was cool today but the rest of the week looks pretty warm so walking should start back soon.

Solly...the rabbit gumbo is very good. It also has shrimp and sausage. When you find the tricks for making it through the weekend please share them. We have a bible study on Sat. night and there is always such wonderful food.

Toni...What kind of tea do you like? I love this green tea with lemon grass by Good Earth.

Tech...I'm laughing so hard thinking of frozen nose hairs....that is just way TOO cold.

Meowee...wtg with good eating to start the new month.

Ellen...how is that precious grand baby of yours?

Kalicat and JadeMarlen...hello, I don't believe we've meet before, nice to meet you.

((Everybody)) Time to start winding down for the day. I hope and pray each of ya'll has a FANTASTIC day tomorrow.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:02 AM   #10  

Hello, everyone! I just have a minute before I hop in bed to say hello. The weekend was really busy. I had company for dinner Friday night, company Saturday, and then Sunday my daughter and her husband came over with the baby. I spent the day holding the baby, or cooking! It snowed a lot here. It is very cold tonight and there is some snow left, but most of it has melted.

Eating is so so.

I ordered some cheese making supplies and I am all gung ho to make some other cheeses. I tried a marscapone, but I messed it up. I know what I did wrong, so will try again. The ruined batch actually tastes like ricotta, so I don't think it will go to waste.

Good night! I will try and check in tomorrow.

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #11  

Hi ladies,

It is as cold here today as it was yesterday. Brr. I am so tired of this. It is supposed to be 70 on Saturday so that will be nice except I will be stuck inside cleaningmy DD's house all day.

Got up and went to the gym this morning and did 30 minutes of cardio. I have to go back tonight for my trainer so I should get anothe 20 minutes of cardio in. Tomorrow will be hard to get up after being there twice in one day.

Eating was good yesterday. Stayed at my calorie level. I snacked a lot, but they were ok snacks and nothing bad.

Toni, glad you held onto that snow. Now send me some warm weather.

Ellen, I can't beleive how much snow you all got. Good thing it is melting. You all probably don't know what to do with it down there.

Crystle, you are just Little house on the Prairie. Making your own soap, growing your food, eating rabbits. I love that period of time, but don't think I would have survived.

Off to get started here. Have a great OP day.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #12  

Good afternoon. Having my last cup of coffee before I make breakfast/lunch here. Then I guess I'd better start the laundry. Tonight is leftover soup so I don't have to worry about dinner. I always try to have an easy dinner on Biggest Loser night. Steve gets home for his dinner at 7 right when they start. So if I have an easy dinner I can watch my program. I've had a battle with cookies. I should have never have bought them.

Crystle- I just love hearing what you're making. I love green tea with lemon also. Some times I will drink constant comment tea for a change.

Ellen- wow you're busy busy. Can't wait to hear how the cheese turns out.

Solly- Good going gal on the exercise. Man its so great you have a trainer. Can you tell a difference yet in how its working. There must be some good changes.

Well better cook before we starve here. LOL
Old 03-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yeah... COME ON SPRING !!!

Ellen

Sorry didn't mean to interupt..... COME ON SPRING !!!

Last edited by Leenie; 03-03-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #14  
Onward and Downward

You are never an interruption Leenie, come and visit any time.

Oh Ellen, Sorry to hear that you got a bunch of snow. Well not really, we do like to be able to share our Canadian bounty. We had nothing but flood levels of rain today. It is due to freeze up overnight and the poor little Province will turn into one big skating rink.

Happy to say, the eating is still doing OK . . . hope to keep it up.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #15  

Good morning, just finished my pb toast and coffee for breakfast. i think it is one of my favorite breakfasts (other than bisquits & gravy, pancakes). I guess I should say favorite OP breakfast.

Did not go to the gym this morning. I woke at 3:00 to go to the bathroom and my leg and toe were killingme. The dog was lying on the blankets and I could not get warm or back to sleep. I moved him and before I knew it, he was right back between us hogging up the room. So I was too tired, plus I went there twice yesterday and I think my body had enough. It may be nice enought to take a walk tonight I hope.

Toni, What a twist last night in the BL. I bet Mike did not lose enought to put them over. I kept thinking they would make it as it was getting close to 10:00 and I knew there was not enough time to vote someone off, then they flash up to be continued. That was so sweet of Mike to give Audrey his groceries. I think this year all of the people are nice and they get along so well. Unlike past years. I couldn't stand it last year with all that fighting and turmoil. I think it is a good motivating show. Now if I just follow the examples they set.

Meowee, be careful if you go out today with all that ice. We are supposed to hit 70 tomorrow. Yeah, Spring is close!

To everyone else Have a great day.