I typically don\'t have lunch 0 0%
Other 1 2.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 03:48 PM   #31  
Just me!

Wink I survived the weekend!

Happy Birthday Heartmom

Can't chat long just wanted to tell everyone about my weekend. I think I did much better on the SB WOE. I didn't mess up but once. I am so proud! I have survived without a single potato. That is truly my downfall.

Madison is crawling everywhere! I mean everywhere. It took her all but one day to realize 'Oh I can crawl' Now she is like the energizer bunny -- Keep going and going and going . . . I really think that she might have a small case of ADD. Mainly because I think that I do! Seriously! I can't be still, I'm always on the go, I get bored easily and had trouble in school for the same reason (b/c of having to be still and be bored!) I don't mind being label that. I don't take anything, I think I don't have a extreme case or anything. I guess there are levels. Not really sure. My parents thought I was an extremly active child. They still do!

Sorry can't chat longer. Be at the chat room tomorrow at 9:15am
Old 04-22-2002, 04:11 PM   #32  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Checkin In

Hi All

I'm just checking in. Haven't been really keeping up with the boards. I'm in a funky mood and don't really spend too much time at the computer these days. I fell off my exercise wagon and still haven't gotten back up and I also fell off the SB wagon BIG time. Ate 1 kilo (2.2 lbs) of oatmeal cookies in 2 days, amongst other really bad stuff. Then continued to eat poorly. Felt crappy for it too

I did get to spend most of my time out in the garden last week. It was around 85-90F and gorgeous. Had to have the A/C on for 2 days. This morning we woke up to SNOW So much for gardening this week. DS is sick and I feel like I'm getting something too.

Anyway, I resolved to make today a new start. So far I've stayed OP--even made my own hot lemon drink with agave instead of sugar. Just need to get in more water (I've got some with me now). I've told DH to keep pestering me to do my exercises. I'm hoping to lose a few pounds quickly cause I've been hovering around 165 for quite some time, even with lack of exercise and poor eating. Usually I balloon right up.

I've hardly been on in the past several weeks, but think of you all often.

Happy Birthday to all the birthday girls! Have a wonderful day

Belated Birthday wishes to those I've missed. Hope you all had great days!

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Old 04-22-2002, 04:15 PM   #33  

Hello everyone!

Hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was OK – Had a ballgame Sat. morning and it really stunk! We should have won it, but lost by 1 run. It was one of those “buy the umpire some new glasses so he can see the ball and read the rulebook” games!! Oh well, nothing you can do except make a fool of yourself and thankfully, I was able to bite my lip. My heart was really pumping though, kinda like a good cardio workout!!

Sunday it was church and shopping and bed. We have a new Kohl’s and its GREAT! I could do some serious damage in that place (pretty much already did)! I had a headache that lasted most of the day and drifted off into a nap about 6:30pm and the next thing I knew my DH woke me up to tell me to go to bed – it was 10:15!! I do feel better today, so maybe the extra sleep is what I needed.

Deb – I would be glad to come up with a name, if you will tell me what WDW stands for??? I think the drugs from the surgery fried too many brain cells!! Glad to see you are still doing well. I didn’t do too bad while I was recovering. I’m several lbs up, but < 10, from my low before x-mas, so I decided that I’m not gonna post any numbers until I’m back there. I’m working really hard on the water and exercise and I think I’ll be back down in a couple of weeks.

Sef – I just love your “hiedieho” – it puts a big smile on my face!

Toni – Yes, I do love my mom very much. She is part of my everyday life (we live 2 houses away) and is one of my very best friends. We do, however, have 2 very different personalities. She speaks her mind no matter what or who doesn’t like it and I try to keep the peace and remain neutral, calm and quiet. I’m sure we’ll get through it somehow. I might try that letter idea the next time my pot is boiling over. I seem to have reached a peak the other day and I’m more calm about it all now. Thanks for listening…..

J Red – It stinks to hold those feelings in, doesn’t it!! Sometimes I wish I could really tell someone off good, but I know that my lip will start to turn upside down and the tears follow directly after that…. It kinda takes away from your credibility when you start to cry in the middle of a confrontation, so I avoid it at all costs!!! I guess that’s why I had a stomach ulcer when I was only 12 years old. I have learned to let go a little bit (enough to keep my sanity and health in check), but I still hold back A LOT!! My preacher has a saying about those times when you want to explode, he says “go outside and shake a tree”!!

I better run – cya all later!
tv
Old 04-22-2002, 04:26 PM   #34  

Happy Birthday, Heartmom!!

Just a quick post. It is DMS time for me. ( I don't use the acronym TOM for it, cause that is my hubby's name, and I hate to associate something so wonderful i.e. him, with something I hate, i.e. THAT...so I call it PMS, for pre, TMS for transitional, and DMS for during...hope no one minds my quirkiness)

I made a terrible discovery. Russell Stover's makes SF toffee bars. And are they GOOD! I am going to have to be really careful, cause Heath bars used to be my favorite, and these are remarkably like them!

The weather turned cold here too. It is so much better than the hot temps yesterday, but my poor body is trying to figure it out, and my joints are aching from the changes. (Lupus)

I feel buried in stuff I have to do. The invitations are probably ready to mail, so I am going to have to get stamps, seal the envelopes and stamp them. I am trying to decide what color dress to get for the wedding. The girls are wearing a very deep rose plum color, and the guys are all in black tuxes. It is a early June, morning wedding. Anyone got any opinions they would like to share? The groom's mom asked me on Saturday, and I could not tell her since I have no idea. She said we couldn't wear the same color, and tho I did not agree with her, I did not say so.

Gotta go and pick my daughter up from play practice!

I'll be back!
Old 04-22-2002, 04:28 PM   #35  
Child of God

Default ADHD....

I have a lot of experience with that. My oldest has it and has it bad! I knew it from very early on. It runs in the family, so I just knew. I have ADHD tendencies, as does my dad, but if I have it, it is not as bad. I had problems concentrating all my life, but as I grew older, was able to control myself...like in college...even now, like in church. Lucky for me, out pastor is very good and funny...unlike so many of my teachers!
Good luck! Actually, my younger two are very active as well, but not quite like my oldest.....

My son has his friend staying here for a few days while his mom and dad look for a new home in Detroit.... My DS 10 is so very close with this boy and his family. It really is going to be so hard for him. Detroit is about 4+ hours from here. His dad is a coach and after several years of coaching the Bengals, he up and quit....now he is with the Lions. We have less than 2 months and they will be gone. It makes me tear up just to think about it! My son is so sensitive and loving...it breaks my heart.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:45 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

BOOGIE'S NAME- It was just one of those things- my hubby was holding him and called him boogie, and it stuck. Even his bday cake said Boogie instead of Joseph. Thank you all for the bday wishes. Unfortunately, Boogie is still sick and now has diarreha(sp?). I am worried about him- just hope it is a virus. If he's not getting better by tomorrow then I will take him to the doctor. So I have just been hanging around the house today. BTW- what does OP stand for? Also, Kraft makes a good salad dressing,Ceaser Ranch, it has only 1 carb and no sugars per serving.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:46 PM   #37  

Default KIMMYTHEKID

KIMMY- It says you are still online and I hope you see this. That book we were talking about "Mom I feel fat" by the author Sharon Hersh....there is a radio program by FamilyLife on now with her. It is online at www.oneplace.com so you can listen to it there. They do it daily and all this week it is about eating disorders.
Perhaps you might want to check it out. Thought I would let you know since you showed an interest.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:59 PM   #38  
Child of God

Gracious...
What do I hit after I go to the site?
Old 04-22-2002, 05:20 PM   #39  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Afternoon All

Thought I better get in a post before things got away from me as Monday always is a busy posting day.

Feeling very barfy since I ate some spagti with sauce as my early lunch. Tired too, can't keep from yawning. Would love if something would back up on me and down the porcelain Goddess, I know I'd feel better once that took place. Don't mind getting sick if it means that darn scale will go down tomorrow!

Got nothing much done today. MOM came over and we farted around, played a game of SCRABBLE and put a painting Michael bought this past weekend into a frame.

NANCE, you have me pegged 100% when it comes to cooking for the most part, but hey, I have made SOME of those recipes that I've posted-and if I've made them in posted them, you can be assured I found them to be good-can't say that would hold true for the rest of my family's thinking though.

VES, you really need to get some of those butter bells made, I swear you'll be able to sell them and make a ton of money. Do a art show with some of those and I guarantee a sell out!!! I bet if I saw a pic of your teapot I'd know why you won that award-your stuff is good-why don't you think it's good enough to win??? Sounds like you had a busy weekend in the yard. I myself pressure washed the front porch-ELI was surprised! Definitely not as strenous as what you did, but good enough for me

JACKK, can you imagine all of us in one room!!! We'd probably be louder than a hens roost! Basically I told FRUIT what she already knows, what everyone knows-that they can do this if it's truly in their minds and hearts, not to do this half-assed and what do you want more, (in her case) the Daquiri/White Russian, or weight loss? Really, that's about it! Okay, just read your 2nd post today-what's with this funk you're in-girl, snap out of it!!!!!

BOB, sorry, I think you're jumping the gun with this whole SENIOR CITIZEN thing. Until you get great discounts for being old you can't be a true senior citizen. Get off that bandwagon and don't get back on until you're in your 60's! ELI sure as heck isn't ready to be considered a S.C. come July and I'm sure as heck not ready to say I have a S.C.!!!!

TRANQUIL, hope whatever happened at work doesn't stress you out all that much-sounds like you are ready to handle it anyhow! Many Dr.'s don't have a clue about "diets" and think since one has a name such as SB they think it's a fad diet. If they REALLY knew about this WOE as so many other Dr.'s do, he'd be singing a different song. Many of the gals on this board were suggested to do SB by their Dr.'s. Even my Uncle who's a very well-known internist suggests this WOE to many of his patients. So, don't let his poo-pooing deter you, unless there's a medical reason you can't do SB, keep on truckin! SEPHORA, there's one near me in THE FALLS, closer than Aventura, which is def. a nice mall! You do know SEPHORA is also on line, don't you??

QUIV, CONGRATS on being down yet another pound, WTG!!! A dream I didn't like you, that's more like a nightmare if I didn't like you. There's very few people I don't like, and trust me, if I don't like someone they know it, I don't pretend, it's not me. I highly doubt that would ever be the case with you-I like you even before I've met you!!

KIMMY, stupid question, but don't kids get Baptized when they are little?? Sounds like you definitely don't have a shy one on your hands!

MUSIC, sorry to hear that you had another one of these spells. Can you put your finger on anything that would cause you to have this happen again? I hope it's nothing-def. let us know what the Dr. says when you go.

SEMMENS, I only have that egg beater trouble when it sits on the stuff for too long, but if I throw them in the sink in some soaking water, don't have that trouble.

SHMILY, sounds like you had a great SB weekend, congrats! With being OP 100% and running after Madison, that scale should show a loss soon!!!

ZANNE, glad to see your post. Sorry to hear you fell off the wagon, but I see you are climbing back on-hold on tight this time!!!!!

TV, I believe I went to KOHL'S, in Atlanta, liked the store, found a few items to spend some money on there. LOL! WDW is WALT DISNEY WORLD. The marathon in in January and there's a few SB GALS going to run/walk it and I thought a good name on our T-shirts would be great-something catchy that says what we're about. I know that brain of your works wonders!

MONET, don't indulge in those RS TOFFEE's too much, I do believe they may have a dookie effect if eaten too much! I can't touch them because, even with the dookie effect possibility, the possibility, or should I say, more than certain likelyhood of me eating just one is NIL!
Hmmm, dress colors-thought first of a champagne, then though seafoam green, or a hunter green, dark green color of some type. I think the later would bring out your eyes and I think would be a stunning color with your hair-I don't think that would clash with their dresses. Why couldn't you wear a similar color as the MOTG? As long as it's not exact I can't see why you couldn't wear green and she couldn't wear another tone of it.

HEART, thanks for Boogie's name explanation. I have a nephew named SEAN that I call SHLO. He was born in the UK and when I first saw him in person I just said he looked like a SHLOMO and SHLO just stuck, and that's my nickname for him. I hope he feels better-I'd definitely take him to the Dr. if you don't see improvement soon. OP-stands for on plan.

Okay, I'm hitting the couch, I really feel icky!!! Will try to check in later.

Toodles

Debbie
194/124/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 04-22-2002, 05:29 PM   #40  

Vesna- I'm 5'6 and 154lbs. My goal weight is also 145 but I'm not settling on that until I get there! 140 would be great however I don't know how difficult it would be to maintain once I got there. I'd like to be a little thinner for Florida but after that, I'll take the losing a bit slower..so that it's less a diet and more a way of life.

Funny that your doctor doesn't seem to believe in it. When I bring up my "new" discoveries to doctors, they seem to brush it off too. Maybe it's an ego thing..who knows!?!

I'm going to be in the St. Pete area for an entire week! I'm excited but I'm also apprehensive about the whole thing since it's visiting in-laws, among other people I don't necessarily want to see on MY VACATION!! I'm such a self-absorbed New Yorker. I apologize in advanced.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:40 PM   #41  

Talking hello hello hello!!

Whew hello everyone! I am resigned to trying to read and keep motivated. I simply can not respond to everyones posts I am still hanging in there! Not losing any weight but that is my fault. I have GOT to get moving, I have never in my life had such a mental block about exercising before. Someone come give me a swift kick in the arse LOL. I am here, reading and getting motivation from you all Love,Liz
Old 04-22-2002, 05:55 PM   #42  

Sunday's Notes:
The weather is fabulous and I have the windows open. Now, the problem with the windows open is the dust factor. I will need to close them soon because the trees are leafing out and that will mean green dust. (actually, pollen) Not a pretty sight on the white sofa or on the tables.

I was on my way to plant this morning but I had to clean the pine needles off that I put on last year to keep out the weeds and then I needed to fork the garden to loosen the soil. After that, I was exhausted and my husband rescued me and did the smoothing out. I am glad that it is a little garden, 20'X 10' at the widest point. It is an ameba shape and I do a free form design with the plants. I plant vegetables, flowers and herbs. It looks beautiful. I will put the lettuce and the spinach seed in this evening and wait until after the last frost to put in more. I know you who are experts at gardening, must be laughing at me about this time. I think that it must have been good exercise because my legs and arms are already sore…neck, too.

Deb: The applesauce was put up in Oct. 2001 and I think that it should keep at least a year. Maybe the people in the know about canning can tell us. I hope you find that cookbook. Yes, I did go to the coop and I thank you for leaving me some agave….I bought all the jars. They also had kept the ones from the Feelin Great HFS so, I now have a total of 24 jars. Life is good!

Toni: I did post the recipe for the Cornish Game Hen. If you have any question, let me know.

Tranquil: Many congrats!

Monday's Notes:
Monet: I didn't move, just on a nice vacation. Now, I am the one confused….did you skip your thyroid pill on purpose? That Russell Stover is a devil. I recently discovered that they make SF mint and SF Almond Clusters. I have only been able to find them in Terrell, Texas (This is very close to Jred…don't do it JRed) at their outlet. I gave all I had to a friend to save myself.

Jack-K: I am 5' 2" so that would account for the lower weight goal. How tall are you?

Monet: Zanne: Welcome back onboard.

Lizery: Come get back onboard!

Hope we all have a great week!
Old 04-22-2002, 07:09 PM   #43  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey girls!

I haven't read any posts yet - I hope to catch up tonight! But, just wanted to pop in and tell y'all that this morning the scale was right under 251 - it was like 250.75! I have a doctors scale so I can look at each little notch! So, I think breaking the 250 is possible this week! Keep your fingers crossed!!!

My day was ok - school is school! But, after work today I had to go to the college here to the speech pathology department for my first evaluation! They offer free speech therapy to people so that the students can work on real people before they graduate! So, I hopped on that wagon!! They were actually very happy to have me - they told me that I'm the CLASSIC over zealous teacher that has developed a polyp and a nodule from teaching and talking all day. So, they were very happy to have me cause I'm a "voice" patient with the hoarseness. They don't get many voice patients - mostly articulation problems like stuttering and not pronouncing sounds correctly, etc. They want to expose me to many of the students since not many voice patients go through. It was funny - all of these little kids were in there for speech and then there was me! HAHA! Oh well - I need it - so I'm going!

I'm cooking supper and then heading out for my walk. So, I'll be on later to read the 3 pages of posts!!

Missy aka Snotty Bubblebiscuit
284/250.75(I'm taking it)haha/170
Old 04-22-2002, 07:30 PM   #44  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Just passing through...OH...MY...GAWD....did the measuring up and sizing up thingy today and my body fat is 50% BOB has really got to buckle down and get to work....I can smell that money....

DEBBIE..do you think I should stick to that equation that you worked up for me or should I lower it????

Ok...gotta get the trash out....new bags in the cans...get propped up and recline....my shows start at 8pm

Sorry I couldn't get to everyone tonight...SUSAN I'm so glad your parents were spared from hurt...they were just flat out lucky!

everyone else....BOB loves you all...

oh..oh...this can't be good....BOB being good and loving????? Must be an OLD FART thing...
Old 04-22-2002, 07:34 PM   #45  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Pssssssssst...MISSY ...talking to Debbie whether it be in person or on the phone is not always a good thing.....GET AWAY FROM THAT SCALE!!!! ONCE A WEEK IS PLENTY!!!!

BOB
Closed Thread