An equal combination of two or more of the above 5 12.50%
I typically don\'t have lunch 0 0%
Other 1 2.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 10:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good golly, we like to talk. Didn't get to read the boards all weekend. I was 4 pages behind and it has taken me 2 hours to read them. Made some notes, but the further I read my posts were outdated. Then I go involved in reading and would forget to make notes. Sorry. Try to do better this week. In fact posting this before I read todays posts.

Yellowrose, How ttall are you? I was wondering because you're starting weight is where I am now and my goal is 145 and you are at 141 with a goal of 131. I was thinking maybe my goal was too high.

Red1, enjoy yur visist with your parents. It wil be nice for you to have them close.

Bob, Hope you had a great bd. Nice gift from your office.

Jred, Hope your voice is back. Try to rest it, talking only makes it worse.

Thunderwoman. COngrats on having a new baby, and a girl. I love girls. I have 2. My youngest is Ashley too. How many other children do you have?

Pooch, How was your horsebak ride? Are you sore?

Countrymom, Sorry to hear about your great aunt.

Monet, I'm so jealous. (I think) Our wedding plans haven't gotten off the ground yet. Going to visit a florist this Friday. I may be sorry I wished for excitement. I guess you all are really getting down to the heart of the planning. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Fruit, Boy am I jealous, I think the biggest thing I miss is my daqueries (sp?) and margariettas. I can wait though (it's getting harder). Next time, have one for me (strawberry)

Mel, Congrats, 4 days OP. It gets easier. Hang in there.

Have a good day all. Be back later.

Jackie

Fillise, Watch those steroids. You will want to eat everything that isn't nailed down. Hope your rash is better.

Gracious, SOunds lie you run a mini farm with all those animals.

Sheann. You must be scared to death about your son. Hope you get some answers from the Dr Tuesday.

Bob, what a haul you made shopping. Sounds like you got some big bargains.

Den, maybe you should "psot" your pep talk to Fruit. It could help us all.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:55 AM   #17  
karen3000

Happy birthday, Heartmom! I hope you have a special day with lots of friends and family treating you like a queen!

Karen

Old 04-22-2002, 11:00 AM   #18  

Default Oh Its Monday......

Well, I got up to run to the school for a teacher conference to find out she forgot she had a teachers faculty meeting - so that was time wasted - oh well.....then there is boss made a big mistake and of course, I get paid as well as associate attorney to be the fall guys....so there is some stress involved with today and high emotions....and I am not going eat my way through it!!! Instead I am going to peacefully do my work, slow my pace down to not stress further, and at lunch I am going to shop instead of eat the stress away - hahaha - and tonight will walk whatever stress is left off. Then tomorrow will be a whole new sunshiny day and hopefully the cool weather has climbed a little farther South????

Deb - Good morning!!! Raspberries, yummy!!!!! I had my ½ grapefruit for breakfast.... I will check on that Carbolite - I was telling a friend and she said that she wants some too - as I have put her on Sbers as well - hahaha - she went to the doctor who asked what she was doing to lose the 7 lbs she recently loss and was very happy with her choice of SB WOE! I am just going to have to find the time to take you up on your offer! I miss South Florida! You also have my favorite store down there! Sephora.... I don’t know what mall it is in though - prob Aventura (isnt that the nice one in N. Miami)? I am working hard on getting fit for that double happy dance when I hit below the next zero mark! I will make sure to post my recipe when I get home

Heartmom - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Semmens - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Gracious - Glad the cooties went away... Weather: It is supposed to be in the low 90's here and I want that cooler air to come this way - I would rather it still be in high 70s and low 80s - Spring time weather that I love so much in Florida.

Toni - Sounds like you are having a good morning!

Mel - That is such an incredible opportunity for your son about the International Camp! How fantastic!!! I know the worry of the International events and happenings, I flew overseas to England in November when things were still so new and fresh. It was a
wonderful experience with no mishaps.....and I am doing it again.

Fillise - That is incredible that you had to cook Spaghetti for that many people - wow! Sounds delicious. Thank Goodness your parents were okay!!! How terrifying!!!

Sef - Good Morning!!!

Trish - Congrats on the Pound and the exercising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob - Thanks for the laugh!!!!

Nance - Quiche sounds yummy!!! We have a wonderful scrapbook store here and they have meetings and seminar type things every month. A friend introduced me to it, and that was it....

Ves - Whoa, that is some job you took on in the back yard! Hahahaha, I have such a bug phobia I have a hard time enough going out there to water the plants, hahaha Power to ya! Keep us posted about the pupper thing, and the pottery was gorgeous!

Jack-K - Good Morning!

Okay I have read and finished my notes for the morning....now time to be productive and to stop sulking - hahahaha.....

Sabrina
Old 04-22-2002, 11:12 AM   #19  

Hi everyone! All last week it was gorgeous and then I got rain all weekend. Bummer!! My friend and I had a fun BBQ and I have to admit I had a few too many beers, but we got silly and had a good time. I still managed to lose another pound since last wednesday. It seems like I'm on a roll and I'm afraid at some point it's going to end. Ever since I started eating a few more calories I noticed that I started losing more. Upping the exercise really seems to help too. Fran is back in town and we're both ready to hit this week SB style. I only have a month until Florida, when I have to wear a swimsuit... I am excited about the swimsuit I bought however. Went to Filene's basement and found a brown, strapless Donna Karan suit. It looks very 50's in that it has gathered fabric and two seams down the front. Maybe one day I'll be confident enough to post a picture of myself wearing it

Deb- Glad to see you back. I've been so busy as well. Had a dream I met you and that you didn't like me at all. Funny huh? I had a lot of strange dreams last night. Must be the weather

Toni-Same deal here! It was hot on friday and last night the heat was on. Although there is something really appealing about spring. Maybe it's the element of surprise.

Fillise- yeah but can you cook for one without having leftovers? Now THAT's a challenge!!

Trish- you are much better off buying a kid a used car. All my friends got into accidents in high school b/c they were so nervous driving their new cars. I had a clunker and wasn't nervous about dents or nicks b/c my car was so darn ugly anyway! Turns out I was the only one who didn't get into any car accident! If, at some point, you want to get a new car, you should proabably still get a car that was used for 6 months to a year. SO much cheaper and still in like new condition.

BOB-

Nance- you are a goddess...how do you find time to make all those goodies? It's a nightmare for me just to figure out what's for dinner!

Vesnoid- Impressed with your ability to handle that axe! How tall are you by the way? We seem to have similar weight/goal weight.

Tranquil-Looks like someone has a case of the "mund"-days!! Cheer up there is always tomorrow. This coming from someone who commute is more stressful than the workday itself! The subway at rush hour is something I wouldn't wish upon anyone. I'm getting stressed just thinking about it.

Happy birthday Heartmom and semmens!!

Old 04-22-2002, 11:15 AM   #20  
Child of God

Default Another Monday...more rain

Good morning all! After we had such a nice stretch of good weather, it has been down hill for several days now. It just does not want to stop raining.
Thanks to all who answered about "OP"...I do feel like a dork now...I remember when I did not know what LOL ment and when I found out, everyone was LOL at me!
My daughter did great yesterday at her baptism! she even said a few words! She almost did not. So I told her to write it out and that I would say it for her...but to pray first. she did and when she came out of her room, she had a paper with some words on it and said...I did it, but I am going to say it! I was so happy. It takes courage for a 8 y/o to speak in public....heck, it takes courage for me to!

My parents and grandma came for the babptis and they had not seem me in a while. My step-dad said I needed to stop losing weight and my grandma said...Have you lost weight?...So I guess I will take those as compliments....?????

CAMP...
I have only let my oldest go to camp with our church. BUT, my daughter wants to go so bad. I will probably let her go next year. My 10 y/o has no desire. I see what you mean about having a break! I probably would let my daughter go if I had planned a head...she is very mature.

Fruit....
I am so sad to hear about your troubles getting pregnant! I really could not imagine having troubles. I really do feel so bad for you and your hubby! I am so blessed, but getting pregnant so easy, I guess makes me appriciate it less?!?
Actually, my aunt could not have kids and I did offer to have one for her when I was about 25. They thought about it and then they divorced... I could start my own business...get myself out of debt. I really have easy pegnancies, but very bad indegestion...very bad. Plus I have a bad leg and it acts up when I am pregos...but my births are easy and I do not gain much, nor do I keep it on. 6 pregnancies is plenty for me. I do hope and pray for you that God will bless your family with a child! I pray that you will have the strength and courage to not giving up hope!

I am ready for TOM to stop!!! I do not like it! I feel like eating everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 11:16 AM   #21  

Hi everybody. Hope everybody had a good weekend. Didn't have much time to check out the board over the weekend, but did get a lot of work done around the house. MIL and SIL and her DH came yesterday after church and met us for lunch. Went to El Chico for some wonderful TexMex. I didn't have any chips and sauce, but really chowed down on the chicken fajita salad. YUM! Their visit was last a last minute decision, so I spent Sat nite doing some last minute cleaning and vacuuming.

After my cleaning spree, I had a very scary thing happen. I was not feeling well and started to the bathroom and got very faint. I ended up passed out on the LR floor. Dennis described to my MIL (who is a nurse) what I did and she seems convinced that I had a seizure. If you recall, I passed out a couple of months ago, but everything checked out OK. I'm going to the dr. tomorrow afternoon. So, prayers would be appreciated.

SHEANN: Your son has been in my prayers, but after my episode he has really been on my mind. I hope the dr. can tell you something tomorrow.

HEARTMOM: Happy Birthday to you! I'm interested in the background of Boogie's nickname too. It conjures up all sorts of images.

GRACIOUS: Glad to hear both you and DD are better. It has been very warm here too, but it's perfect weather to me. 60's at nite and mid 80's during the day. About camp, hmmm….I'm not sure what I'd do. Sarah is 8 and is going to church camp for the first time this summer. Of course, I'm going as a sponsor. I didn't want to send her to camp the first time without me. This is the same church camp I went to as a kid and always loved it. My sister, though, never was that crazy about it. I agree with the others that have said that it has a lot to do with personality.

FILLISE: I don't think I could deal with that much spaghetti. Our youth group has several fund raisers throughout the year. One is an auction. Businesses and individuals around town donate items and services. They always make 2 - 3 thousand $$. The other big fund raiser is selling rose bushes. They make megabucks from that one too. Their big trip each summer is to work at Camp Barnabas, a camp for kids of all sorts of disabilities. Last summer they worked with deaf and blind children. Our kids love it.

TRISH: Sorry to hear about your son's car.

JRED: How's it going over your way? Hope your voice is better. I've kind of been in the same boat. It's hard to teach music when you're croaking. That's when you pull out the trusty composer videos. I love the weather channel too, but right now we are cableless. We get two whole channels with an antenna, so there's not much TV watching at our house.

VESNA: Took a look at your pots. They're really nice. I've thought about posting some crochet work, afghans and such, but didn't know how that all works.

Guess I'll get back to my class now.

168/149.5/140
Old 04-22-2002, 11:35 AM   #22  

I'm not doing anythibg special this week for my bday; just enjoying the last few days of being 41 I guess

Re: Egg Beaters; I used to use them fairly often ( now I just use whites I separate on my own--my dogs adore me too!). My problem was that even if I tried to rinse my silverware and utensils quickly, that stuff just STICKS! It would NOT come off in my dishwasher; I always had to scub anything that came near it. Even after I bought new, really nice flatware. So I gave up.

Laura
Old 04-22-2002, 11:35 AM   #23  
Clay Girl

Default Strange Endo talk and such

Hello!

I was reading the new posts, especially the ones when your doctors are happy with your WOE - check this out. My ENDOCRINOLOGIST did not think much of the Sugar Busters. He even gave me a raised eyebrow! And this is the guy, who treats people with diabetes! I must say that after that incident, his approval raiting hit the bottom.

QUIVONDRA - I am about 5'10". Right now I am 5 lb above my so-called ideal weight (according to my Endocrinologist, who doesn't beleive in SB). I am hoping to get to 145, but if it takes me until September, I don't really mind. Just being 155 again is a breath of fresh air! Where are you going to be in Florida? Anywhere close to Orlando? I would like to meet you, but beware - I can be quite unhinged if provoked!

MUSIC TEACH - selling on ebay is really easy, and you should try to sell your work, if you do enough of it (or don't want to horde it for yourself). I have only just started doing it, but Debbie is addicted to ebay (or was!), and she can probably give really good tips on how to go about it. The important thing to remember is that you've got to keep optimistic, and look at every dollar as a dollar who normally wouldn't have earned. That goes especially for those items, who personally feel should sell higher. Well, let's face it. If it is the product of our love and sweat, it is tough to put a price on it.

KIMMIE - From your story about your aunt, I wasn't able to discern if you had that baby for her or not? What a selfless gesture!

TRANQUIL - That was funny about your parent-teacher conference. At my school, the parents come first and it is a very strict rule!! When I was a first year teacher I once attempted to skip a conference due to tutoring. Not a good idea! Haven't tried that one since. Parents definitely come first at my school, too much sometimes....

Vesna

Last edited by vesnoid; 04-22-2002 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:03 PM   #24  
Child of God

VES...
No, I did not. She never took me up on my offer. I think it was because they were having troubles. Thank you. I feel I had, and have, been so blessed that I wanted to share and to do do something of another that could not experience the joy of having kids. She never did have any kids.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:47 PM   #25  

Well because of Music Teacher, I am calling Chili's and asking them to make me a Chicken Fajita Salad - without the corn and chips and to keep the dressing on the side, but add guacamole! Ooooh La La!!!! Ole!!!!!!

Quiv - Thanks - You are right, stress is the traffic where you are, hahaha, I have a heart attack getting to the airport when I visit my parents up in your neck of the woods, always stuck in a jam!Donna Karan Bathing Suit sounds great! Cannot find anything so fun here in Jax...great thing about being in NYC area - SOHO is my favorite!!!! fantastic shopping, even in NJ for the no- taxes Congrats on your loss!!!

Kimmy - that is great that your daughter found the courage to speak out Once you get over that fear of speaking in public the easier it gets in the future

Music - Hope the doctor helps you with that passing out business!!!

Vesna - That is nice that your school’s policy is that way, though I am sure there are many parents who abuse it... But this has happened before, so it was not too much of a shock .... his teacher cares a lot about his progress, and I will leave it as the school's fault for not telling her she had a meeting

Monday is evening out and not such a terror as this a.m.

Sabrina
Old 04-22-2002, 01:03 PM   #26  

TRANQUIL: Glad I could inspire you!
Old 04-22-2002, 01:28 PM   #27  

Senior Citizens

Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every
conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary.

We know we take responsibility for all we have done
and do not blame others. BUT, upon reflection, we would like to point out that it was NOT the senior citizens who took:

The melody out of music,
The pride out of appearance,
The romance out of love,
The commitment out of marriage,
The responsibility out of parenthood,
The togetherness out of the family,
The learning out of education,
The service out of patriotism,
The Golden Rule from rulers,
The civility out of behavior,
The refinement out of language,
The dedication out of employment,
The prudence out of spending, or
The ambition out of achievement,

And we certainly are NOT the ones who eliminated patience and
tolerance from personal relationships and interactions with others!!

Does anyone under the age of 50 know the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner? Just look at the Seniors with tears in their eyes and pride in their hearts as they stand at attention with their hand over their hearts!

Remember.......Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the heck happened!

YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN!

I'm the life of the party...even if it lasts until 8 p.m.

I'm very good at opening childproof caps with a hammer.
I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I am
going.

I'm awake many hours before my body allows me to get up.
I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a thing you're
saying.
I'm very good at telling stories; over and over and over and
over...
I'm aware that other people's grandchildren are not as cute as
mine.
I'm so cared for -- long term care, eye care, private care,
dental care.
I'm not grouchy, I just don't like traffic, waiting, crowds, politicians.
I'm sure everything I can't find is in a secure place.
I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left leg.
I'm having trouble remembering simple words like...
I'm realizing that aging is not for wimps.
I'm sure they are making adults much younger these days, and when did they let kids become policemen.
I'm wondering, if you're only as old as you feel, how could I be alive at 150?
I'm a walking storeroom of facts.....I've just lost the key to the
storeroom door.
Yes, I'm a SENIOR CITIZEN and I think I am having the time of my life!

Now if I could only remember who shared this with me, I could
thank them! Have I already sent this to you?

NOW, TAKE CARE & HAVE FUN!

BOB

the newest member of the SENIOR CLUB!!
Old 04-22-2002, 01:56 PM   #28  
Clay Girl

Default BOB

What is all this "senior" talk? In 10 years, maybe, but for now, you just go on and try to get a senior discount being a young and springy 50 year old!!!

V
Old 04-22-2002, 02:15 PM   #29  
Little Engine That Could

Fillise--when I was in college I was a summer counselor at a girl's camp at Montreat. I don't think the camp is there anymore, though. Small world.

You two birthday girls have a wonderful time celebrating the SB way!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 02:24 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey Gang,

I can't say HappyMonday. I'm in a funk today. Woke up dizzy (more so than ususal LOL) and now have a tremendous headache.
Did lower body exercises at lunch hoping I would create some endorphins to help my head, but the situps killed me. Oh well, there over with now. Thunder over Lou was nice. Went to the ballgame first and then hung around the park until 9:00 for Thunder. The theme this year was all patriotic. LeeAnn Rhimes actually floated down the river singing on a barge. Half an hour of brilliant fireworks then major traffic jams getting home. Went to U of K and brought back a lot of my DD "stuff" so they won't have so much in a couple of weeks. How can I child have soo much stuff in such a little space?

Feeling weepy today and yesterday. Must be mid cycle or menopause. DId you notice that word starts with the word "men" any coincidence? Don't really feel like eating. Now that I have cried the blues, I'll get on with life.

Happy Birthday Heartmom. Hope it is a good one!

Gracious, can't help on the summer camp thing. Never went and my kids never wend. Maybe she could go with a friend.

Toni, Brrr!!! It's cold here too. Guess you sent it my way. Supposted to be cool all week and really cold 36-39 at nite. What happened to SPring??? had to turn off my A/C too. Finally broek down and turned it on Sat. and turned it off Sat nite.

Fillise, Glad to hear your parents didn't get hurt. It could have been serious.

Mel, you have a good point on the MM. It is hard to stick to a diet. I know I have started and restarted all my life. I don't know what got a hold of me this time, but I sure hope it never lets go.

Sef, I agree with you. This board really helps keep you going. I couldn't read the posts all weekend and couldn't wait to get to work to read them. I really needed a boost today.

Trish, Way to walk off that pound. Keep up the good work. Weekends are bad for me too. I don't cheat, but just can't get my fruits and water in as much as I do during the week. I need a schedule I guess.

Deb, seems like you and Eli had a nice time together. I wanted to see that movie, maybe I will wait for the video. I am turn between you and Mel on the MM. I It is hard to stick to a diet. I know I have started and restarted all my life. I don't know what got a hold of me this time, but I sure hope it never lets go. But I will agree with you on one point. Since being on SB the longer I go, the easier it gets. I guess it gets easier after a certain point. Who knows.

Beth, Glad you like your job. But those hours. I could never get my sleep adjusted. You did great on taking your legal foods. Proud of you. That's the key, PLANNING. Keep up the good work.

Bob, I'm glad you're still 50 today too. Guess what the alternative would be, not 49. LOL

Nance, sounds like you had a busy weekend cooking and eating. You must like to cook. Wish I did. Let's see that new Do! Bet it is cute.

Vesnoid, You and Debbie will have to get together. Doing all that "men" work. You're giving us lazy women a bad name.

Tranquil. What an attitude!. What a great way to look at a bad situation. SHopping is much more fun than eating and you don't have to worry about gaining weight. WTG!

Quiv, Bathing suit sounds cute. You can do a lkot ina month. Just put your mind to it. You'll be turning all the heads onthe beach.

Kimmy, Congrats to your DD> You must be proud. Take all those backhanded compliments. You deserve any and all you can get.

Music Teach, Your accident sounds scary. I hope the Dr can tell you something. Your in my thoughts.

Semmens. Have a great birthday week.

Vesnoid. What a drA!! Did you give you any specific reasons he didn't like SB.

Have a great day everyone!

Jackie
257/196/145
10-10-01
Closed Thread