Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: I'M BACK!!!!! SO, DID YOU MISS ME???
MISS YOU? WHO THE HECK ARE YOU??? 2 6.25%
MISS YOU? DID YOU GO SOMEWHERE??? 2 6.25%
MISS YOU??? I JUST SAW YOU A FEW DAYS AGO!!! 3 9.38%
MISS YOU? LET'S JUST SAY, THE CAT WAS AWAY, THE MICE DID PLAY!!! 9 28.13%
MISS YOU? OF COURSE I MISSED YOU!!! 16 50.00%
MISS YOU? NO!!! 0 0%
OTHER! 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 10:33 AM   #46  

And a great BIG HOWDY everyone! Here it is Tues. and tomorrow I have my scope test for Gerd. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 so today I'll be thinking about that all day. They're supposed to sedate me. Hope they have a BIG pill for that. Then Thurs. I have a dentist appointment. Could this be a scarier week for a chicken?!!! But I plan to jump on those scales before I go in the morning!!! I'm sure it would help if I had a weight loss..... Its dreary looking here today and rained somemore last night. But its 50 degrees and if the sun peaks out it will be beautiful....

Deb- Wish I would get out early like you instead of waiting till later. I could do my treadmill but am enjoying walking outside right now... Maybe as it warms up. Lucky you getting to go out to lunch...

Pooch- Oh I feel bad for your daughter to. What a hard thing for a teenager. And yes they have enough of the self-esteem issues. You know its so great though Pooch you're setting a good example for her on how to eat. Maybe little by little she'll get going on it. You sound like a great Mom. Wish we had some of those pretzels around here. As always I'm gripping about lack of products in a small town...

Trishaloo- Wow you are superwoman!!!! It makes me tired just reading about all the things you did. I can't wait to tell my heart doctor what I'm doing to lose weight. Hope when I go there it shows up big time. The shells I used I'm sorry to say I threw away the package. And they are kind of like a tortilla but thinner so its kind of a combo.

Jack-K- Sounds like you're up and adam this morning...

Gracious-Glad you're feeling a bit better. Careful and don't overdo. I'm the same way about my grandkids instead of kids now. I get so emotional trying to watch any program they're in.

Fillise-Your article is really good. Who doesn't want to lose weight and have healthy glowing skin to go with it! I do...

Sheann- I hope your Mother is doing better. And oh my gosh about your son. I just can't believe the HMO's. I hope his family doctor can give him some more answers Monday. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. You're doing doing great to maintain your weight through all this...

Tranquil-Yep that cake is a poison cake for sure. And tomorrow is weigh in and spring is here and in a couple of hours the shower will be over and the cake forgotten!!! Have I thought of enough reasons??? LOL... I'm getting to love ww spragetti but for some reason don't like the ww noodles. Strange person I am. Your spraggetti makes me want to cook some....

gottobeme-Hang in there girl friend, just take each hour as it comes and deal with it. Its wonderful to have so many good thoughts and feelings here. You CAN DO IT!!!

GAtorgal- Have a wonderful time in Cuba. Can't wait to hear how it goes. I think thats so exciting. Maybe you need a little journal to keep with you so you can write down your memories. Does that sound stupid? Its just so neat going to Cuba!!!

Fruit-LOL!!!! You just kill me....

Country-Oh my that sounds so good and easy. I'm getting shrimp when I go shopping. And you could have it over brown rice!!!! Thank you..

Bob- Howdy I love your colorful posts!!!

Yellowrose- Welcome back!!!!

Did I get to the end??? I hope I didn't leave any one out... Have a really great Tues.

213/199/130 Where the heck is that crustless spinach dish?

Last edited by Toni48; 04-09-2002 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:16 AM   #47  

Default Good Morning!

I am trying hard to get organized. I even made a nice list of things to do! I sure hope it helps! All I really want to do is go back to bed and nap! Once I finish up here, I need to go scrub the walls with the TSP I bought yesterday. I was not ready to buy paint yesterday, but will go today. I decided on a nice rich shade of blue, and a corresponding yellow for the kitchen. I hope I can get it done in the next week or two!

I am a little afraid of the getting on the scale, but I am anxious to know if the two pounds are still there, or gone. I have to go to the doctor on Friday for a recheck, and I was hoping to have made some progress by then. I guess weighing today is not going to make any difference tho! I just wish I could understand why losing is so hard for me.

Hope everyone has a great day!

BETH: My 15 year old daughter got shingles last year. They said
it was stress related, and gave her an anti viral medicine. This
was a bit after her friend was killed, and her whole life had been
in an uproar. They can take a long time to heal, but perhaps a
doctor can help?! Hope everyone at your house is on the mend!
Including the kitty!

GOTTA: You ARE important! I am glad you are beginning to feel it! I hope that long walk in the rain is the turning point for you.
Stick around, ok?

TRANQUIL: I am a cake decorator for Publix, tho on deferred status right now. Yes, their cakes are delicious, but if I told you what was in that icing, you would KNOW it is poison! I hope you resist the cake!

SHEANN: Man, I hate HMOs! That is so stupid, and I know it drives you crazy for them to do that, when you need to know what is going on! My prayers are with you. You sure have a full plate! Hope your mom is doing better!

FILLISE: Thanks for the info on the WOE and skin! Now I don't
feel so bad not using all those creams on my skin. You don't
suppose that is why I look so old do you? Surely it wouldn't have
anything to do with my age?

PRAVDA: I will be praying for your friend, and her baby. That
is such a hard situation to be in! There is hope tho! I had
three miscarriages, and had three kids.

GRACIOUS: Glad you are on the mend! Debelli did not forget you, she was concerned because she had missed you! There were a few days there that you had not posted! I was amazed that she remembered there was a connection between the two of us! Very sharp! I bet her kids can't get away with anything!

JACK: So you think I ought to put the scale in the closet?
he he... my closet is a mess! I would lose it for sure!
That might not be a bad thing, actually! I am glad you liked my
ramblings.

TRISH: You ARE superwoman! I got tired just reading all you got done!

POOCH: I think you could do both with your daughter. Of course, a lot depends on what kind of relationship you have with her. My older daughter always has weight to lose, but has incredibly good self esteem in spite of that. I can't approach her until she is ready. Then she will listen to me, and do what I suggest, but if she does not see instant results, she stops. She did that with SB, but a few years ago, she tried low carb, and lost a lot! It took her a while to gain it back. My younger daughter does not need to lose anything, which is good. Approaching her with the idea that she could go on a diet would probably set off fireworks! She has a rather surprising temper! (I am SURE she does not get that from MY side of the familY!) If you could approach your daugther and ask her what SHE wants, and get her to talk, it might be the best approach. As a teen, one of the best things for her would be to get more active. It sure is hard for them to give up teenage favorites, like fries, and pizza. Maybe if she just started with eating healthier snacks, instead of junk, it would help. Those baby steps someone mentioned... Switching to water is a great step! Good for her! You probably know all this, but I hope it helps you in some way! I will be praying for you! Teens are so hard to deal with! You never know what they will do! I would much rather deal with two babies than one teen!

DEB: Its good to hear you are back to normal! That is the secret of success, getting right back to it when you fall off. It is no wonder you are such a great leader here! You are inspiring! Hope you have a great day!
Old 04-09-2002, 12:00 PM   #48  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Talking WELCOME BACK!!

WELCOME BACK, DEBBIE!!!! WE MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!

I have pictures ready to mail to you - I just need to get my boo-teee in gear!!!

FRUIT Glad you got the package - Actually, thank Meister, cause he's the one who addressed the envelope, stuffed it and mailed it. I just told him I was supposed to do it. Guess who the BETTER HALF is in our relationship!

I can't post much, but wanted to tell the cat the mice are glad she's back!!

I did walk 8 miles on Saturday. My ankle let me know about it on Sunday, though. I'll be glad when that darn thing heals up.

Also, confirmed reservations for whitewater rafting on the Ocoee in TN in July. We're going to go with my parents this year. I can't wait!

Gotta run! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Old 04-09-2002, 12:37 PM   #49  
"I'm working on it!"

Exclamation Hello!

I can't believe it's already Tuesday!

I'm just checking in so you won't think I've dropped off the face of the earth. I'm doing ok after falling off the wagon a couple of weeks ago. Mind you, I need to get back to exercising . I haven't done that in a couple of weeks Over the past week, I've really been going nuts with my cleaning (more than before)! I have NEVER seen my house so clean. And I can't believe how much stuff has been tossed in the trash or boxed up for give aways. I think all this mad cleaning is what's keeping me from the illegal nibbles. I've always got my hands busy so I'm not shoving bad stuff in my mouth The scale is still sticking "around" 165 so at least I'm not gaining. Maybe when I start exercising (I want it to be today, but I've said that before ) then I'll lose a few more pounds.

From skimming the board, looks like there was some kind of illegal SB virus spead to a lot of people thru the computer screen But it looks as tho everyone is back on track

THANKS to all who sent good wishes when I had a bad headache a couple of weeks ago and also to those who were concerned with my allergic reaction to the oat bran pretzels. I have eaten these pretzels since with NO reaction--so maybe it was in combination with something else I had been eating that gave me a reaction--but I'm being very careful--least little twinge and I stop eating!

I hope all those who are not well or have loved ones who are not well--that you'll all be feeling better real soon.

Off to mop the floors! Hope we all have a great SB day!
Old 04-09-2002, 12:46 PM   #50  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!!!

I just got through with my daily SB list fix. You guys are wonderful. My family thinks I'm nuts. My notebook is full of notes scribbled in blue for this board. Hopefully I can read them to post.

Tranquil Enjoy the baby shower. Remember cake=poison..LOL like I'm the first to remind you. Seriously maybe you could take a SB legal treat to help you with the urge and maybe someone else there might want some too instead of cake.

Toni Yes, brown rice would be good with the creole. My crew really only eats the white so I don't make the brown for just me. As for spagetti, have you tried the spagetti squash? That's what I use instead of WW cause I just can't like WW yet. The spagetti squash is good with a little olive oil fresh tomato and onion also....can you tell I love the stuff. Hope your test go well. I use to have acid reflux so bad before this woe. I went from antacids 7 days a week to maybe three times in the last year. Dentist are no fun. Praying your visit is quick and easy.

Pooch Sorry your daughter is stressing over your weight loss. My mom was always smaller than me growing up. I hope she learns to be happy with herself..when she does that she will come to you and ask for some help losing too. *smile* Hang in there ma...and congratulations on all your hard work.

Fruit You have me laughing so hard with (The beer lush). Glad you had a great weekend.

SolShine White water rafting sounds so fun..but scary. It would take an act of congress to get me out on the water without glass smooth water....a big boat and a life jacket. *smile* I can live the rapids through your wonderful stories when you get back.

Trish That would be so neat if we make it to Austin. I would love to meet you somewhere.

Gracious So glad you are feeling better. Take it easy so you won't get worn out before the kids perform tonight.

Fillise Thank you for the article. I think water helps alot also. Hope your toliet is holding out with all the rain. We are having sunshine this morning. A blessing after yesterday's storms.

Gator Have fun on your trip. Praying for your safety.

Gottabeme I like walking in the rain too. But it just isn't warm enough here right now. ((hugzz))

Hope I didn't leave anyone out. I'm almost remembering a little bit more about who is who...but I have a longgggg way to go still.

Have a super day! Stay encouraged and know that you are doing the best that you can do and nobody can ask more than that from themselves. ((hugzz))

Love,
Crystle

235/152/135
Old 04-09-2002, 01:21 PM   #51  

Default Yee Haw

I just found the Oat Bran pretzels. It might have been better if I hadn't found them cuz they sure are yummy.

Deb, does one serving as indicated on the package = 1 starchy carb?
Old 04-09-2002, 01:32 PM   #52  

Thank you Country! I've heard of the spraggetti squash but haven't tried it before. I will as soon as I can get some. I swear you all have the best ideas!!!! Thanks for the good wishes for tomorrow.

Ut oh Trishaloo!!! They sound good.....
Old 04-09-2002, 02:13 PM   #53  

I'm feeling really great even though it's TOM for me right now. Fran tells me my metabolism is higher during my TOM so I'm taking advantage and not eating any sweets and working out in full force!!!

I guess that's a tip right? Stay strict and healthy during your TOM to take advantage of your higher metabolic rate? Could be a myth though. You nurses may know better than I.

Sorry I can't reply to all of you individually right now. Some of you are going through some hard times and I just want you to know I'm thinking of you. Some of you are losing like crazy!!! I have a busy week but I am reading all the posts and I will be around more at the end of the week. Good luck everyone and maybe I'll hit the chat tonight!
Old 04-09-2002, 02:39 PM   #54  
Child of God

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!! It is gloomy here...but nice enough I guess.
Yesterday I had to take my ven in...I need breaks, tires and wheels alligned....plus a few odds and ins....to the total of about 1 grand My van is only 2 1/2 years old....So I spent several hours there yesterday waiting for them to find a rental that has enough seatbelts for me and my kids....oh what fun!

I have been doing well w/ exercising. I have been doing 3 miles on the bike and last night I did 95 sit-ups!!! I have been also doing my leg/hip/buns amchines and am eally seeing a difference...so is my hubby! I did the exercises during the Bachelor....what a funny show!

Tonight my hubby is taking me out to eat...all dressed up....I hope I make good choices!

Gator....Prayers for you as you try to reach those who are lost! May God be with you every step and help guide you!

Sabrina.......Thanks! I do like my fireplace, though we have not used it And stay away from the cake! You can do it!!! Just think of yourself wearing the cake and WIW is tomorrow!!!!!

Sheann...I am so sorry to hear about your son!!! I will keep him and his family in my prayers! I pray that the doctors are able to find out what is going on w/ him! It really is sad that insurance companies are controlling OUR health!

Gracious....I am glad to hear you are feeling better! I hope you enjoy the musical tonight! They really are so lovely!!! Take a few photos and post them...if you want.

Jack-K......The chef that is at our church is actually there because of me. He was doing some handy man type work here and we started talking about churches. After about a month of him hearing about my church, my daughter came home from school. My DS (3) had been sick. So Whitney came in and asked if Christian was sick. I said yes. She got all sad. Now Steve was right there listening to this. So I asked why she was sad and she said she wanted to go to church. Steves jaw dropped...he said..Any church that would make a kid feel like that is worth a try. He has been there every Sunday since...1 year ago. So to make a short story long he knows me real well.

Pooch....I was a teen w/ a bad self perception (and an adult) it is so hard!!! My daughter is a little chuncky, but I am so affraid of hurting her and making her feel fat, I don't say anything. I hope you are able to find the words and the attitude needed to help her.

Gotta....YOU ARE IMPORTANT!!!!! Hang in there! This board is so wonderful!!!

Quiv.....I am a nurse and never heard that one before...but sounds good to me! GLad to hear you are taking advantage of the "situation"!!!

Have a good one ladies...and gent!

In Him,
Kimmy
Old 04-09-2002, 03:53 PM   #55  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!

I am trying very hard to be good. I have been struggling for months, without any solid results. I am not cheating, except obviously must be going overboard on the good things. Preacher Woman was talking to me too as you well know.

65 years old and I got so absorbed into a kids book. I have read books 2 & 3 in the HP series since we picked them up last week at the library!! Looking forward to #4!!

SAD - Have to do something about that! We will have you happy in no time. We want you to be glad you're you!

TRISH - You asked about meatballs. When I make my own, I usually fry them a little to seal in the juices and then thow them in the crockpot with sauce. I do it in morning and it cooks on low for supper. I do use frozen commercial ones too. You have to read the label. Can't think now what the brand I use is, but I get it at Sam's and ingredients are legal. There is some sweetner but it is within our limits or I wouldn't use it. I haven't watched Changing Places, but I do watch the show it's based on on BBC called Changing Rooms. Some of the decor they do is the pits, others pretty nice. Sometimes I feel sorry for the unhappy recipients, their reactions are priceless!

BETH - Hope all in the family, including Kitty, are feeling better. I linked you with the agave source. I had also given a Shrimp recipe with Rotel but don't know if I did it here or on Recipe Board.

PRAVDA - Prayers for your friend and her baby.

GRACIOUS - Glad you are feeling better, you have to build up your strength now. Strange to say this to an SBer, but eat girl!

MELF - What rain eh? We battened down the hatches, everything out of the yard that could fly away, you know the routine I'm sure. Took my son more than two hours to get from air base in Belle Chase, it was closed down and non-essentials sent home. Our pool is to the brim so that means we had 6" or more!

COUNTRY - When I make creole I have it over brown rice. My family likes the brown rice, but only as a straight side, so I make white for them.

SHEANN - Prayers for your son and hope they find out for sure if it's Myelin Sheath. I have been down the path of unsurety years ago. The worst is not knowing what's wrong, your imagination can run riot. I was in hospital two weeks while they did tests for all sort of exotic things. When the verdict came in it was a relief to be able to face the enemy and know what it was. Knowledghe can be strength.

DEB - My dear, you were certainly missed altho the mice had a grand time!?!? We are paying for that mischief now! I'm willing to be first in your "confessional"!!! Prayerw for your Dad.

GATOR - We will thnk of you while you are gone and pray for a safe trip. We expect a full report on your return.

FILLISE - I have always been vey lucky with my complexion. I thought it was all due to Noxzema and Jergen's Lotion. The other day my DIL remarked on it and I started to expound on my theory, she interrupted with the thought that I have never been a junk food eater (altho I go overboard on the good stuff!), and always have liked green salads, veggies etc. So maybe there is something to that article.

TONI - This woe definitely has an effect on stomach problems. My pancreatitus has improved 100%. The bout I had in the hospital is erosion of the stomach and esophagus from pain medications over hundreds of years!!! I also, as have others, have more energy. And the skin ain't bad either!

I have to go. I usually try to be off computer about this time as GD gets out of school and often calls for me to pick her up.

Take care all, will try to chat tonight!!!

Shirley
Old 04-09-2002, 04:25 PM   #56  

HELP- something is really screwed up with me! I have ENERGY! What the heck is that??????????? Hey I'm on 20 different heart meds. My day usually consists of doing little bits of stuff and big long nap... I can't believe. I've walked today. Did the usual laundry, dishes etc. Sat outside in my lawn swing. I can't believe I didn't even do that all last summer and just now walked down to the river. And I'm still upright!!!!! I don't feel bad. I haven't overdone it. I actually feel like a human.... You can't imagine what that is for me. What do you want to bet I'll even sleep good! I've never had a way of eating effect me like this!!! I LOVE SUGAR BUSTERS This is the darn "bestest" thing I ever have tried..... I think I'll go hug myself I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2002, 04:40 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon All,

Just wanted to get my posts in before I go home today.

Gracious,Glad to hear you are feeling better.Sometimes it just takes awhile. I don't think we let ourselves get the proper rest we need. Get well soon.

Toni, good luck on your test tomorrow. Hopefully if won't be too bad if you are sedated. I hat the dentist too.
Both in the same week. Yuk! Your'e right this is a great WOE. It really does give you energy.

Fillise, I'm with you on that menopause thing. Bring it on.

Pooch, Give yuor daughter a big hug from all of us and tell her we are routing for her. You can't maker her do it. SHe has to want to herself. I think your good example will eventually wear off on her.

Monet, You are wearing me out with all that painting and stripping wallpaper. Come on over to my place. My family room needs painting. Ceilings are about 15' tall.

Solshine, have a ball whitewater rafting. You are braver than me.

Fruit, When you and I reach our goal, I want to go partying with you!!

Gatorgal, Have a safe trip. Cuba, sounds very interesting.

Kimmy, Gosh only 2 1/2 years old and needs that much work? Of course as soon as the warranty is up, everything starts going bad. I hate car trouble. Good luck.

Sef. I love to read, but have never read the HP books. Maybe I should. They sound interesting and I always liked Nancy Drew> (Boy that dated me!)

Almost time to go home. Hope to be able to drop in for the chat tonite. Have a great and legal night all. Hope the scale is good to everyone tomorrow.

Jackie
257/203/145
10-10-01
Old 04-09-2002, 04:48 PM   #58  

Pooch - I agree with Fillise, just give her a hug, and tell her how beautiful she is. Focus on another attribute, her eyes, her hair, her curviness. My DS and I had such different body types (back in HS), she had a figure eight, and I was a stick (but a thin stick ), and I always wanted her curves. If you try to help (ie take over for 2 weeks), she'll just resent you. Wait until she comes to you for advice.

CountryMom - have you tried the brown, or basmati brown, or wild rice, they're lower GI than white rice. I loooove the smell of basmati rice! My DM swears by this. Cook your rice. Let it cool completely (stick in refrig overnight). Package in appropo serving size in ziplocks, and freeze. When you want rice, nuke the bag (1-3min?) in the microwave. I've heard that you shouldn't put plastic in the microwave, so if you want to avoid that, put the rice in a bowl, add a bit of water (for moisture) and nuke away... Too much nuking will make it dry so be careful.

Sheann - prayers to your son. Sometimes the HMO's make me so mad! Hopefully, the doc can push it through so you can get confirmation.

Gator - have a wonderful trip!

Trish - I don't do meatballs, but I do sausage-shaped/rolls of salisbury steak, which is similar. I always add oatmeal (ie 1/2 cup to 1# of meat mix), it helps it keep it moist, and an egg, which acts like glue. I also broil them in the toaster/broiler oven.

Gracious - hope you're getting better. Years ago, my DH came down with walking pneumonia, right after a cold, and he ended up passing out too. He hit his head on his car door as he went down - nice concussion there! Luckily, some honest soul found him, found his DF's phone number in his wallet, and called him. They ended up rehydrating him with 6 bags of fluid! So push those fluids! I think you should get your a bell so you can ring your DH when you need something, and be a couch potato until you get well. Honey, you should milk this for all its worth!

Well, I gotta go.
Old 04-09-2002, 05:03 PM   #59  

I want to try and make it to chat tonight. Is there a link somewhere? What do I next? Help!!!
Old 04-09-2002, 05:20 PM   #60  

me to..
Closed Thread