Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 250/250/155

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome Bev,
I'm a newbie here myself but the folks here have been very helpful and very welcoming.

Sad but true corn is a no-no! One of my favorites also. :-(

I hope you enjoy sugar busters!
Once I got only the good foods in the house it sure made it easy to stay on track. I can open the fridge, freezer or any cupboard and know what I putting together for a meal is good for me. Sure beats counting calories or WW points.
My treat to myself is one piece of 80% dark chocolate and so far that's all I've needed as a sweet.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday and the sun shines on your Tuesday.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:15 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

It was 32 here this morning. We covered up all the flowers and azaleas. I think they are ok. We got in a 2 mile walk last night. I amstarting to think my back thing is maybe a kidney infection. I need to go check on the web for symptoms of one. It is a different hurt than my usual back ache. Who knows.

Toni, glad to see you posting. When you feel blah, what better place to come so we can perk you up. You should have gone with Steve. It would make for a nice trip. Hope you aren't too lonely this week. We will keep you company.

155, gargle with salt water, It really helps. Hope you feel better today.

Peggy, hang in there if there is no reason, it will go down. Could be hormones.

Monet, Congrats on the pound loss. I wish I could get a pound.

NuBev, This is a great group and will give you lots of support and friendship. Ask any questions you may have. Sorry about the corn. I miss it too. Plan ahead is my biggest advice and be prepared always. I used to always take my bread with me places. At least you would have a legal bread and you can put almost anything on it to make it totattly legal.

Going to get started here on my gold tournment stuff. I have let it slip. Looking for a place to rent in destin, florida if anyone knows of any places. Have a great day
Old 04-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 250/250/155

Height: 5' 9"

Morning All,

Thanks for the tip Solly, I tried it this morning and it does ease the feeling of raw sandpaper in your throat. Thank heavens Ricola cough drops have no sugar in them. They sooth about the best.

Solly, I see you've lost 70 lbs. that's awesome. I'm curious, I have a lot to lose and I've had it for a long time, is it true what I hear about hanging skin or can it snap back into place. Pleeeeeeeease tell me it can. :-)

I couldn't believe I was only down 1.5 pounds so I weigh again this morning. Yipeeeeeeee... I was down another 2. So 3.5 for last week. I might actually hit my goal.

Peggy, it will come. Sometimes your body just needs time to adjust to a new way of eating.

Congrats on your pound Ellen!

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by 155at50; 04-15-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 182/176/130

Height: 5'1"

Morning Fellow SB's,
Hope your all having a good Tuesday. We made it through the last two nights with freeze warnings and we have one more to go then we should be home free from any more freezing temps. So far everything is ok!
Did any of you have headaches when you first started SB's? It may not be related to SB at all but I have one doozy of a HA this morning and I never have HA's.
Eating is going well, I found several menu things on here and have enjoyed preparing them. Day before yesterday it was Avocado Asparagus wraps, last night it was Mushroom Cheese Fritrata. I am like NuBev, I WANT corn! or at least cornmeal to make cornbread! And legal way to something similar to cornbread? LOL ~Peggy
Old 04-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #110  

Being new to message boards this may sound stupid but I know this board is dated April 1 -15....does the board close now? Don't want to lose you guys! Thanks! Peggy
Old 04-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #111  

Good evening everyone. My first day home alone. I've enjoyed it and have been busy. Tomorrow I've got to go out with a friend so I'll be gone most of the day. I hate my poor dog Jackson has to go in the cage. But I dare not leave him in the house alone. He would destroy the place. I've got to put the clean sheets on the bed. Sorry this is so short...
Old 04-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #112  

Hi! I'm brand new to 3FC and wondered if I could join your Sugarbusters group?? I've read through your thread, and you all sound so great and sooooo supportive of each other! Is there a specific eating plan that you all are following? or, wait, is it called "Sugarbusters"? (I'm sure I sound totally stupid...) How does this work? How did all of you get those cute weight timeline things at the bottom of your post?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #113  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everyone--So I have to take time off from the gym the coughing is awful. I actually am going to try to see the doctor tomorrow. I think it's bronchitis (sp) The plus side my abs are getting a great work out from all the coughing. HA

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. Not sure when i'll have time to write anything much. If its not the damn cat its me. Thankfully I don't have kids yet--id really be introuble then. Ha

have a good night!

Bigtime-Welcome..Glad you found us!!! Id highly recomend reading the Sugarbusters book. There are a lot of details in that book that are very helpful beyond simply just not eating sugar.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #114  

Hello Bigtime, I am new here too but you will really like this board. The long time posters make you feel welcome and go out of their way to include you in things. Ditto on GymRat's advise about the book. I ordered mine from Amazon.com b/c I could not find one in any of the bookstores. My doctor suggested it to me. It is not a lot different from the way we had been eating for the past few years except for the white flour/rice/corn/sugar aspect. I have been on the diet for one week today. Be sure and look at the recipe board...I found tons that I can't wait to try! Oh, the weight tracker thing...my computer tells me I have to post 25 times before I can use that function. Hope this helps you and welcome!
GYM~~~Hope you get better soon!
~~~Peggy
Old 04-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #115  

Time for a new board!

Find it here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139956
Closed Thread