Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Support April 16 - 30

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 04-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #2  

Morning everyone! I over slept and missed water aerobics. I should have gotten up with Tom but he was being nice and letting me sleep instead of getting up and fixing him espresso. In another week or two, we will have our pool open and I can just go so water aerobics right here. Can't wait! It sure has been cold the last few days though. Doesn't feel very encouraging.

I have a kiln load of glazed stuff cooling...can't wait to get it open!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/176/130

Height: 5'1"

Morning! I was glad to see the new board hyperlink, thought I might lose track! For me just seeing the weight drop on all the tickers is encouraging! We just had 3 nights of freezing weather here and I got all the exercise I needed wrapping/unwrapping and toting pots inside and out! Whew! Glad that is over for the year. I think I am going to lock my scale in the trunk of the car...I tend to weigh several times in a day and it drives me nuts and I do it anyway! So far 8 lbs gone and maintaining! Exercise will not be a problem for today b/c my 4 yr old (almost 4) GD is coming for the night. Hope you all have a good day! ~~Peggy
Old 04-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/250/155

Height: 5' 9"

Morning All,

Way to go Peggy - 8 lbs thats awesome!
Been there, done that with the scale. It's hard not to, but I find I really enjoy the big surprise on Monday weigh in if I stay off them all week.

Gym - Hope you're feeling better soon. My throat is still really sore and scratchy but the gargling with salt water really does help to sooth it. Thanks for the tip Solly.

Ellen - must be heaven to have a pool. I'd probably look like a prune, love being in the water. Feels so good on the aches and pains. :-)

Welcome to the new ladies, this is a great group.

Sunshine here in BC, hope the sun is shining where ever you are.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Just a quick check-in. Well, 2008 just hasn't been a good year and we're only a quarter in. We buried my great grandmother Saturday and my other grandmother(her daughter) is terminal with cancer. Then last Monday, I totalled my Outlander. But no injuries. Then Monday, Boogie woke up white as a ghost..even his gums. His heartrate was 100 bpm. He didn't have a fever which would have explained it, so off to the ER we go..guess what it was? Not his heart..his blood sugar! It was 50. So after drinking a cup of OJ, he pinked right up and was fine. Scared us though. He has his cardiology checkup next Wednesday. Oh, and can you believe he will be 8 years old this coming Monday? Doesn't seem like it. Work is calling me..check back later on.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #6  

Hi Laurie,
Sorry to hear about all your sorrows. They do seem to come all at once. Question for you: I see you have lost alot of weight. AWESOME!!!!
Did you have any trouble with loose skin or did you have exercises or creams or what-have-you to help your skin stay toned. With 80 lbs to lose I really worry about the hanging skin.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone. I love a new board. I overslept this morning so missed my trip out with my friend today. I was so mad at myself but my alarm didn't go off. This evening a lady is coming over to help me clean. I'll be so glad and the house is such a mess. It sure feels funny getting up and knowing Steve's not here and I've got the whole day ahead without anyone. Weird..... Hope he gets home this week end. Eating was okay yesterday.

Welcome to the new people. I'm sorry I didn't say so earlier.... Hope you love it here.

Ellen- It looks like we started our day out right.... LOL Sorry you missed the pool today.

Peggy- Wow 8 lbs. is soooooo good. Congrads....

155- Got our sun out here too..... Have a happy day...

heartmom- Oh my gosh you've had a rough time of it. I'm so sorry for your Grandmother. And sorry you lost your Great Grandma. You're so lucky you didn't get hurt in the wreck. Were you alone? Good thoughts for Boogie. What a scare.....

Off I go. Got to have more coffee....
Old 04-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #8  

Hi again!
Goodness Heartmom you have really had a bad week, it has to get better from here. I feel for your loss. And it was good to hear your ok after the wreck. The BS episode had to be hard to handle, so glad it turned out well.
~~Peggy
Old 04-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #9  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everyone--I have a few min my car is gettin gits oil changed so I walked home.

Went to the dr today, and all I have is an asthma flair up. granted it was really sever, hence the cough for 5 days. They changed my asthma MEds and so far so good. The coughing had decreased a lot, the hurt is just about gone and breathing has become so much easier. YAY..I hope I can resume the gym tomorrow. According to the dr scale I was 172-So another pound loss. I am going to wait until Friday to make it offical but I am hoping it was correct.

Peggy-Congrats on the 8 pounds, and thanks for the get well wishes!!

Toni-I am sorry you over slept..That stinks but your body must have really needed the extra rest. Just make another date.

Monet-Geesh sleeping in must have been on the adjenda today. I wish it would just get warm and stay warm.

155-Geesh I hope you feel better as well. Probally not the best but last month when I has a sore throat I used sugar free cough drops in menthol. They tasted funny but for me they worked great. Might be worth a try. Is it just a sore throat or a cold as well?

laurie-Nice to hear from you. I am so sorry so much rotten stuff has happened. I too feel as though everything happens all at once. I can only get better from here. *HUGS* Hope your day is at least going ok. Glad your son recovered. I agree time does fly. I have been nanning for the same family & years today. it flew.

Toni-How goes it!!! Enjoy the time alone. Read a book or something you wouln't normally do. Yay for cleaning help--But I wouln't want someone toughing my stuff so Id be a pain in the neck as they were cleaning. Enjoy the help.

Solly-How goes it today? Hope all is well..

Ok Everyone else enjoy your day I must go change and get my car before my next class. TTFN!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

155- I do have some loose skin but not like the people you see on TV. I lost mine slowly so that helped. Lotions are a waste of money. Exercise is your best bet..and not trying to have any rapid losses. I'll never sport a bikini, but I look okay Ask yourself is it worth a little loose skin or would you rather be overweight and possibly unhealthy and not happy? I was complaining of my skin one day when a friend asked me that..I look at it differently now. I'll take some loose skin over being miserable with myself anyday. Usually the people you see on TV with their belly skin hanging to their knees lost their weight entirely too fast, not giving their body any adaptation time..and not much exercising.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #11  

Evening everyone. Eating has been pretty darn good today. B- 2 boiled eggs, pumpernickel toast and a little OJ. L - was a lean cusinene dinner and D- fish, brussel sprouts and a salad. I'm full and hope it stays with me. I tried a new girl to clean today and really like her. Of course I would shes my DIL's sister and a real sweetheart and such a good worker. So the house looks good. With heart trouble theres so much I can't do. Hope everyone has a good evening....
Old 04-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #12  

Morning all my SB friends! Having coffee to get me going this morning. As soon as I take Emily to Pre-K I am coming home and opening every window in the house and enjoy this beautiful day here! Going to 76 today! Eating is going well, last night I did BBQ ribs on the grill using some homemade BBQ sauce I found the instructions for on the board here. And I tried the cauliflower casserole and I have to admit it all tasted so good!
TONI~~~I envy you for having help with cleaning. I am getting to where all I do is clean and yet my house is never clean enough to suit me! I have thought of hiring help but I just can't make my mind up to actually do it!
Heartmom~~ I like your way of thinking! Your weight loss is amazing and I just hope I can do it myself!
GymRat~~ Hope you feel better on the new meds!
I have to be going. I hope you all have a great day!~~Peggy
Old 04-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #13  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

Hiya,

So I just came back from a 90 min walk that is a little over 5 miles and spans 2 towns. HAHA It is so much easier to walk outside than on a treadmill. This was me "taking it easy" I am not supposed to over strain my lungs until I completely stop wheezing, and although the gym can be modified, I opted to walk in the sun instead. It is at least 75 degrees outside. Im so happy for the nice weather to finally be here.

Heartmom-I agree with you on the loose skin. Id take skin over fat any day. time plays a big part of how the body "recovers' so to speak after weight loss. At first I though I wanted to lose quickly but as time is going along I am happy with the slower(er) progress for that reason. Glad your progress has made you happy as well.

Toni-Glad the cleaning person worked out well. Hope your food day is going as well as it did yesterday!!!

Peggy-Thanks, Yeah I think the new meds are fixing it. I feel 1000x better today. Thanks for asking! We are having a beautiful weather day here as well. Im so excited. Your dinner sounds yummy. I will have to look up that bbq sauce recipe, because my sister makes this really yummy dinner using bbq sauce. the first Ingredient is High fructose corn syrup. HA I always have to make my own dinner. If I had the better version im sure she would use it. Thanks so much for posinting that out!! Enjoy the rest of your awesome day.

Solly-Geesh girl, where are you?? You haven't even said hello in the new thread. Hopefully you are just enjoying the weather and having a great few days.

Ellen-Ha, I go back and forth with Ellen and Monet. I never do it on purpose. Not sure what youd prefer. Anyway's, hope your day is going well. Did you go to water aerobics today? Thats great that you have a pool. For me that would be like having a treadmill. An awesome though, but id never actually use it. hehe Hope all is well!

155-Enjoy your day!! How is your throat? Feeling any betteR?

Geesh where is everyone else?? The warm weather gets here and poof..Everyone disappear?? LOL

Hope everyone else is having a great day...

Oh For the first time in about 4 years the first "hot" day hasn't been dreaded. I got dressed and I put on shorts smaller than last year and the buttoned and zipped with xtra room. I am so happy I did something in Dec and didn't wait until April like usual to figure out "crap I need to lose weight before June" Its such an awesome feeling. Ok Im off to read before work!!
Old 04-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a fly by,

Been busy and it's almost time to go home. Should have time to get on in the morning.

Just a note to 155. It depends on how old you are and the elasticity in your skin. Heartmom is younger than me. I am 55. After losing 105 lbs my thighs hang low. I need a "lift" starting at my knees. I had a tummy tuck due to my breast cancer and reconstruction so no problem there. Just wish they could have taken more. Now when I gain wt, it appears in my boobs which is really my stomach!!!!!

To everyone: Have a great evening.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #15  

Evening Ladies,
Busy day didn't get a chance to sneak on at work.

Thanks for all the replies on the loose skin. I'm almost 50 and have no wrinkles so I'm hoping that's a good sign that my skin is still in good condition (unlike me) ;-0

Gym - I seem to have started out with a sore throat but now it's gone into my ears. Feels like I listening to people from under water. Woke up with a killer earache in the middle of the night. Glad you're on the mend. Like your new picture.

Finally have a night off from the 2nd job but I have work to do for the SPCA so gotta run. Hope everyone has a great evening and a sunny tommorow!
Closed Thread