Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many times have you gone on a diet and actually met your intended goal weight?
1 Time 11 28.95%
2 Times 10 26.32%
3 Times 1 2.63%
4 Times 0 0%
5 Times 0 0%
More than 5 Times 2 5.26%
Been on many diets, but NEVER made it to goal! 9 23.68%
This is my first diet ever! 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 05:04 PM   #91  

Default Carrots

Semmens - If you would like to read the article on carrots, copied from Rick Mendosa's site, check out our FOOD INFORMATION BOARD at the following link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2365

Marie.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:23 PM   #92  

Question Possible Side Effect?

I'm just full of questions today!

Thanks to meleris and Rosalie for their help with my carrot question. I have another; I have noticed since I started this WOE (2/18) that my fondness for a glass of wine at night has abruptly declined.

When I first started SB, I was recovering from strep throat and attributed it to *that*, as well as the nasty taste the Zithromax was leaving in my mouth 24/7. But I'm well over it, and I still could care *less*.

Having been on the Zone (with lower amounts of carb than I'm eating now) for almost 4 months right before I found SB, I'm trying to figure out why the switch; my tiny, precisely measured 4 ounces of wine with a string cheese was my evening snack almost every night.

I knew that alcohol and sugar cravings are connected, but I didn't realize it would be this drastic. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Laura
Old 02-27-2002, 05:50 PM   #93  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERYBUDDY!!!!

9 a.m.?????? That means no good HOTEL sleep! Hope the GAS BAG doesn't errupt during the night!! And I must have my STARBUCKS
BEFORE we go ANYWHERE!!!!
BUT.... BOB Will be her usual chipper self....

MONET...so glad that FROG took the lead in asking you where in HOTLANTA you're from.. I'm the nosy one and usually johnny on the spot in asking. Do you live off of I-85? I go that way on my way to Greenville...

DANGIT...Skeeter is staring at me...got to go feed him his supper...

I'll be back

BOB
Old 02-27-2002, 07:24 PM   #94  

Thumbs down WIW evening post

Hello friends!

WIW Report: No change from last week, not even an ounce up or down! But my body fat percentage is slightly lower according to my scale I'll take the plateau this week because I was fluctuating upward coming into it. Last night I was at 149.something, this a.m. at 146.2! Just goes to show to those that like to weigh daily that it can change a lot overnight with out explanation!

Nothing much else to report. Not cursed out by any 3 y.o. today. Did see a 4 y.o. with some of the most disordered speech I've seen in at least a year.

Got really cold an windy here today. Burrrr.

DH has gone to take puppy and kitty for a walk. Miss Kitty follows them on their evening walk, kinda tagging along behind them darting in and out of the yards and shrubs or climbing a tree to watch from a different vantage point! That is one crazy =^..^=

I have had an AMAZING change in the Dookie Howser department! Since starting body-for-life and eating more protien I am very ... er, um... "productive" shall we say, in the loo! Hey! more room on the outside! BFL discrourages you from weighing during the challenge (Deb this is NOT for you!) weekly, but I don't get concerned about it because I can see changes and feel better.

Chat was fun. Great to talk to those of you that could make it!

For those of you getting snow I want some! WAH!!

Anyone gonna watch the Grammy's! BOB?

DEB - Sorry you couldn't get in on chat. Suzanne did post us a message that you were having probs. Missed you!

KIMMY - We're similar in ht, form, and age and pant size! I'm 35, 5'6", small bones (have boney wrists and ankles).

MEL - You will love the "Queens!" Fillise has read this too. Describe if you want what is up with your calves. Wish my arms were as defined as my lower legs!

MONET - Hope you will talk your DH into freeing you for one more weekend of fun! The beach trip is 10/10-10/13 (Thurs-Sun). There are several sbers in your area; Fillise, Nascar, and I travel through there several times a year. We should all try to have lunch or a gathering of some type when we can. Love the family night idea!

ROSALIE - Nothing new to report on GM. Thanks for asking! I may have reported the diagnosis that my parents passed on to me incorrectly. They told me it was "sundowner's dementia" but they may have gotten it wrong or the doc may have simplified it for them in that way. My mom is home now and will be able to keep GM stimulated and hopefully more aware and awake!

BOB - Love the pic at the end of your post!

Gotta go and let DH use comp for his online course. Hope to catch up with you tomorrow. Survivor night! Oh! BTW - Please remember to keep a good thought and say a prayer that Dixie will come through her dental cleaning appointment just fine and with winterfresh breath! Thanks in advance!

Peace,
FROG
Old 02-27-2002, 07:45 PM   #95  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey Everyone

Wasn't able to find time to post this morning. Woke up and wasn't feeling all together, can't put my finger on it, but felt a bit odd. I ptu on my walking gear figuring if I was dressed to go out I'd go, but I ended up stripping and climbing back in bed for a little bit. So, needless to say, I didn't get in my walk, oh well!

I went to STARBUCKS today to meet up with the elderly couple that goes to Eli's store every day. They were having a meeting at another store and MINNIE & MORRIS were invited to come, but they had no idea why. Eli nominated them for a BRAVO AWARD which is an award given to SB Partners (employees) for recognition for outstanding performance/work-they've never given it to a customer, but they truly deserved getting one. Minnie and Morris were the very first customers of his SB and they are there every day (unless out of town). Morris made a HUGE SB STORE out of woodedn coffee stirrers. This is a man with Parkinsons and has no eyesight in one eye (cataracts). It was truly a labor of love and was on display for everyone to see at the 5th Anniversary Party they had last week. I'm so happy they approved the award for him and he was so taken back with it. I took pictures, so one day will post them.

WIW wasn't good for me, but I'm not fretting. I'm up 2lbs from just yesterday and I know it's not from anything I ate (unless it's delayed reaction from that mega-Carbolite I had). Usually after TOM I have 2 weeks that I go up and down and then have a dive down, so I've learned not to get weirded out during this time when the scale goes up. As long as I'm in between my cushion, I'm not stressing about it.

Thank you all for coming to the chat room-sorry I was late-not for lack of trying, that's for sure!! Have no idea why I can't get in there, me of all people!

FROG, thanks for the input about the tootsies. I don't feel ANYTHING that would make the middle toe bleed, and why now? It's the top of the toe I guess, right by the end of my toe nail-like I said, it's so nothing, you can't even see it. Yes, I totally agree with you, it's one thing to get to know people on the board but once you actually get to meet that person, you see and can appreciate more the posts they write. When I read your posts, I hear your voice in my head-that little twang talks to me Glad to hear FIL is doing better!

FRUIT, glad you were able to get in the chat room last night-was an trying experience for us both! CONGRATS on the loss so far-I'm pulling for you, always have, always will! I'm counting on your to make the OCT. GET TOGETHER-you'll be kicking yourself if you miss it!!!

POOCH, CONGRATS! WOW, another 3lbs-that's awesome! LOL! I don't know if you want to move down here right yet-suppose to get in the upper 30's tonight and then just a few days before it warms right back up again-you can come in the summer, that's when you can actually melt off the pounds between the sauna type heat and the 100% humidity!

GRACIOUS, I always try to give credit where credit is due!! You are right, the more you know the better you'll do-knowledge is power! If your dressing has sugar listed in the ingredients but shows 0 grams per serving, then it's less than a 1/2 gram of sugar and they don't have to list it. If you like that one, then go ahead and enjoy it. For me, I love salads as well, but I have never been one to throw it on my salad, yet, I dip my fork in the dressing and then pierce the salad-have you ever done it like this?? When Eli makes FATTOUSH he does mix up the salad, but it doesn't take much olive oil to get a good taste. I'll see what I can come up with as far as a dressing, if I don't get back with you on it, don't be afraid to remind me-I have a great abilitity to forget! Hmmm, hot cereals, I'm sure I've seen recipes for others. I do have a great ALMOND GRANOLA recipe on the board-it's truly delicious! I guess you could eat it warm.

RED1, glad to hear those 2lbs are goners today!!! CONGRATS!

FILLISE, a date? You said a date?? Okay, I'm waiting for all the details!!! Surprised Outback didn't have salmon-what did they do, run out??? I'm sure when you'll be losing some pounds once you get rid of that DOOKIE HOUSER effect-seems not only are you ready to have something move, but hopefully something else will as well, and soon! LOL!

KIMMY, my e-mail is on the BIO BOARD, but here it is just the same: [email protected] I base the info on your current weight moreso than the goal weight. With you being so close to a goal weight, remember, it's going to take some time, and patience on your part to see results. You won't see the results like say, FRUIT who has more to lose. My suggestion is to do 1400 calories a day. What's going to make a difference for you is EXERCISE. At your current weight you would take in approx. 1645 calories to stay that weight, doing 1400 calories will give you a deficit of 245 calories-takes 3500 calories to lose a pound (not calculating things like water retention, TOM, hormones, etc), so I would speculate that every 3 weeks or so, you could probably lose a pound. REMEMBER, I am in no way an expert, this is just my perception and way of thinking. Hope this helps. If you need a breakdown of fats/carbs/protein, just let me know via e-mail.

MEL, glad to hear the scale stayed down for you today-wish I could say the same! Sorry I missed you at chat-you had gone before I could get in there-bummer. Thanks for the offer for the refridgerated stuff from TJ's it's sounding tempting to take you up on the offer-I'll think about it and let you know. I just hate asking people to go out of their way for me-getting that Jewish guilt feeling!

VES, don't worry about that pound, at least it's not 2 like me!

ZANNE, glad to hear you are back down to your low-CONGRATS! I can't tell you about freezing hummus, but I wouldn't do it. Just make half a can of chick peas instead of a whole one-that's what I do sometimes. It's always going to be better fresh.

MONET, that's so nice that you take a day that the whole family gets together. In my house it's rare that we all eat together. It's no wonder I hate cooking. DS (15yr) is a vegetarian, DD eats meat and chicken-no one is ever hungry at the same time, Eli comes home at all hours and my cooking sucks, so no one even wants my cooking in the first place-no wonder we don't have a family dinner night like you do! Please don't worry about the stall when you don't lose for a week or two, as long as you are doing it all right, it's going to come off. Sometimes it just takes the body a little time to adjust to a weight loss. Sometimes, TOM, hormones, water retention and the full moon can wreck havoc on ones system as well. It's eaiser just to give in, but if one does, they will never win the fight-patience is one of the keys to being successful on SB-I've learned this the past 2 years. Hmmm, I have a old school friend who lives in Peachtree City-is that close to you? She's a realtor up that way. I haven't seen her in years. LOL! I've never heard of an 8th grade reunion-it's always been high school reunions. Here's hoping you can make it to the OCT. GET TOGETHER, just tell DH it's a once in a lifetime event-give him enough time, tell him now so he can get use to the idea. It's suppose to be the 2nd weekend in Oct. starting with that Thursday. So, what did you get at HARRY'S? I love their quiche and breads there, but really love the weird fruits-heck I like the whole kit and kaboodle!!!

ROSALIE, I too have to take my van in to be serviced. There's so many things I need to have taken care of and I keep putting it off due to not having $$$ to do it all. I keep putting it off and the list just gets bigger. I haven't done anything to it but tires and oil changes and it has 60K+ miles on it. Have to do something before I come to Orlando and before we leave for NC next month. Curious question, do you have plans to stay OP during your vacation or are you just going to wing it? I know for a fact you'll be staying OP on Saturday as far as foods being OP, as for the amounts, I don't know if there will be hope for any of us!!! When I get to Orlando I will call and leave word at your hotel of our phone and room number.

SEF, I think I feel the same funk you are feeling! Hmmm, wonder what's going on with us! Hey, at least you lost that 1lb, I tended to find 2 today.

SEMMENS, carrots that are raw are okay, it's cooking them that makes the GI go up, BUT, you could probably get away with a little bit if you so desired. I think you have to eat quite a lot of carrots to have it effect you-but personally, I stay away from them. I was like you, when a salad came with little bits of carrots I'd pick it out, not anymore, it's not worth the trouble and I know that little bit won't hurt me.

TRISH, glad to see you back on the board and back on track! I'm sure after TOM disappears you'll have a loss-it takes me about 2 weeks to see a real change in the scale after TOM, like mid-cycle, so be patient and you'll see the results. Congrats on finding the agave-I do know that brew places carry it, usually in larger amounts though-what size did they sell you it in??

SHEANN, glad to see you are working your way back down-you're not far from your low. Just think how good it's going to feel to get below 275-it's a big milestone!

BOB, gas back hmmmm? You better watch your P's & Q's before I make SURE to have a plan of attack! Wonder where we will find a Starbucks early in the morning? Actually, they DO have a coffee maker in the bedroom and you COULD bring your French Press with you-will that work?? I know there's a SB in the mall near the hotel, but what time they open is a whole other story, being they are in a mall.

Okay, I'm outta here. I have a ton of phone calls to make. I get a call last night at the last minute they need parents to proctor oral exams for the next few days-I hate asking people at the last second, but I actually got someone last night to do this mornings proctoring, tomorrow is covered, need someone Friday and have to work on next week-it sucks!

Please remember, [b]TOMORROW IS RECIPE DAY,[/n] so if you have any good SB LEGAL RECIPES you'd like to share with the board, please, try to post them tomorrow.

Toodles!

Debbie
194/123.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 02-27-2002, 07:59 PM   #96  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey girls!

I hope everyone had a great day. Mine was terrible. I just have absolutely no patience left when it comes to my students. It is time for school to end! I'm losing it! But, the good thing is that I didn't run for a snickers when I got aggrivated! Which is what I normally do!

I wish I had the time and energy to respond to everyone tonight - when I read this board, I think of a million things I can say to each one of you! I just can't sit here that long! HAHA! So, to all of you losers - great job! There were only a couple that gained - one or 2 - IT'S FLUID!! Just think - it will be gone tomorrow!

Ok - I promise to write more tomorrow - love you ladies!

Missy
284/273.5/170
Old 02-27-2002, 07:59 PM   #97  

Evening all. No change in the weight department today. But hey, at least it wasn't up. The sniffle ward is better today, altho last night I had a horrible coughing fit. I had to give in and have some of the "homemade" cough medicine. As nasty as it was, it really helped.

FROG: Refresh my memory. What is it that you do that affords you the pleasure of being cursed at by small children? I've had that happen in the classroom once. I took the kid to the office and called his mama. She came down, took him into the principal's office and let him have it. No problems with that kid after that.

SHEANN: 12" of snow! WOW! Sounds like you got your exercise shoveling the stuff. It's beautiful, but give me sun and warm weather any day.

TRISHALOO: Welcome back. Glad to hear you're back on the wagon. I know what you mean about those cold temps. It was 19 here this morning! I don't enjoy cold weather.

SEF: Hope you're out of your funk.

ROSALIE: Hope dd's son is feeling better.

Congrats to all the losers. I know I've missed some, but it's time to get the kiddies to bed. Have to take James to the eye dr tomorrow morning. He barely passed his vision screening at school. His K teacher thinks there may be perception problems and we know he's color blind. Anyway, I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:04 PM   #98  
Child of God

Frog...
Glad to see I have someone in the same boat. I started at about 150 and am about 136-7. I know the last few pounds will be the hardest. I would love to fit into all of my clothes, which are a size 8. After my 5th baby, I was actually in a 6, but after I stopped breast feeding, I went to an 8, which is fine by me. He is 2 now, and the dreams of wearing a 6 are long gone.

Deb...
Thanks, and I will e-mail you. I know all too well that loss at this stage is slow. I am not a patient person...lol, but I will be.

I am so darn happy....SURVIVOR!!!!!
My favorite night is Thursday!!! Only difference this time around is no popcorn Oh well...

I actually have 2 sick kids right now. Thank God, litterally, they can make it to the bathroom! One minute they were hoping for a snow day, the next, I am picking them up from school. Actually when the nurse called me about my 3rd grader, I told her that my daughter always says she feels sick and I did not want to pick her up. My Whitney is a "cry wolfer"...wouldn't you know...she ended up throwing up after we hung up the phone. I sure looked like a bad mom.

Have a great night everyone!

Kimmy
Old 02-27-2002, 08:43 PM   #99  

Hi Guys!
I wasn't going to weigh today but the scale was calling me. Guess what - down 1 pound!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, believe it or not!!!
DH still suffering from Gout and last night in my sleep I guess his leg got a little to close to mine and yes, you guessed it - I kicked him! He screamed out in pain! The poor guy . I've told him to keep his feet/legs on his side of the bed for the last 15 years, now maybe he will. Looking forward to Survivor and ER tomorrow night. But I still wish Big Brother would come back. Congrats to all the losers here today!! Guess I better go check on old sore toe. Have a great night and remember Frog, don't make any promises you aren't willing to keep
Old 02-27-2002, 08:50 PM   #100  

Thumbs down weigh in wednesday!

after my "bad" weekend, i was very hesitant to get on the scale this am. at first i decided to leave it go for a week so as not to get myself more agitated, but ran naked into the kitchen(sorry about the possible visual) and lo and behold i am down 2 pounds!
i think because i was so sick saturday and sunday this was part of it but to me a loss is a loss no matter what! by the way the scale is in the kitchen to keep me aware! so i am down 28 BIG POUNDS since sept 19!

sorry i missed most of chat but my computer is acting up and it took forever to get in and then i was in the wrong chat room!

i am on call tonite so i hope i can watch the grammys without having to go to work, can NOT wait until SURVIVOR tomorrow nite, at least they will be somewhere tropical again. last time i predicted that cutie pie Ethan would win, will see how this one goes.

hope everyone has a good week!

chris
Old 02-27-2002, 11:48 PM   #101  

Hey gals,
I am still alive....we got back from Gatlinburg Monday in time to pick the kids up from school ....but I have not taken time to post. I see you all are busy little bees too. I will try to read and post some tomorrow.
My WIW was the same ...thank goodness.

I am posting a picture of me and DH in Gatlinburg.....we had so much fun.

I know TV will probably not see this before she goes into surgery....but I am sending prayers and warm wishes her way....maybe she can feel them.

Cya all later,
Debbie
Old 02-27-2002, 11:57 PM   #102  

I decided to post another picture of Me and my sexy DH!!! This is on the deck of our Chalet. You can see the mountains in the background. I hope you all don't mind me sharing. I have to do something with that 400 dollar camera I bought. LOL

Smiles,
Debbie
Old 02-28-2002, 12:04 AM   #103  

Ok I promise this is the last one I will post.........for now. This is the view from our Chalet....we sat on the deck in the cool of the morning and drank our coffee......I want to be back there now.....LOL

Smiles,
Debbie
Old 02-28-2002, 12:08 AM   #104  

I am making that last image bigger so you can see it better.

Debbie
Old 02-28-2002, 07:02 AM   #105  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Question Uhm...

Morning everyone... I still don't own a scale, so no WIW for me... haven't weighed for about 2 weeks I think! I don't feel like I'm getting any smaller though, and I think I might be stalled due to too many artificial sweetners. I've been drinking some of that clearly whatever flavored water, no caffiene and no sugar and no sodium, so I thought what the hay, but I think I just used it too much. As of today, I'm back to plain water ONLY.

DEB - I made the pumpkin muffin recipe yesterday, had one for a snack yesterday, also ate one for breakfast this morning. It's very filling... and doing me well in the bathroom department too - like you needed to know - Anyway... I can't figure out how the HE** to get this on fitday? I tried listing all the ingredients seperately, but sometimes that silly thing tells me (when I copy the label EXACTLY) that I must have the calories wrong... weird. Anyway, can you help me figure out some kind of content for those so I can journal them? It's really helping me figure out why I'm not losing faster, I had too much FAT in my diet!

Anyway,. time for work... I'll check back in later
Have a great day everyone!!!
Closed Thread