Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many times have you gone on a diet and actually met your intended goal weight?
1 Time 11 28.95%
2 Times 10 26.32%
3 Times 1 2.63%
4 Times 0 0%
5 Times 0 0%
More than 5 Times 2 5.26%
Been on many diets, but NEVER made it to goal! 9 23.68%
This is my first diet ever! 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 02:33 PM   #151  
Goddess

Angry Update

Miss Belle is now home and resting comfortably. She is glaring at me though--I think something is going to get shredded when she feels better.

My visit with the Smasher was OK. The technician was good so the discomfort was minimal. Results in next week, but since this was a routine test, I'm not expecting anything out of the ordinary.

Susan
Old 03-01-2002, 03:36 PM   #152  
super mom

Afternoon Everyone

I didn't have a chance to post this morning and not much more time now. Its one of those days.

OMG - (Deb - skip this) - has anyone else tried the SF Peacan Delights by Russell Stover? I found a bag of idividual wrapped one - figure if they were wrapped that way I wouldn't eat them all. I have seen them lots of times but have been able to walk away. Well the Girl Scout cookies were delivered (have not had any) the other day and I needed a slurge. Yummy

Fillise - glad to hear both you and Miss Belle are recovering. When we first moved to Guam our dog had to be quarentined for 4 months. the place was horrible but it was the only one on the island so we were stuck. Sadie, our dag, was so mad at us - we thought she would never like us again - time heals. Hopefully she won't shed something too valuable. BTW - loved the Boobie Smasher 3000 nickname - nevewr heard that one before.

Trishaloo - we had our Blue & Gold bamquet last weeken and it lasted about 3 1/2 hours - long but really nice. I missed the first 1/2 of Survivor becuase I was at a Boy Scout meeting with my other son. What we do for our kids

Debelli - great job on your run - you are an inspiration to us all!!!
Maybe someday we can all work up to a marathon. I'll stick with my Gazelle for now - at least I don't get winded walking from the parking lot into a store anymore

Quilter - thanks for the praises - yes it feels incredible and hard to believe. I keep expecting to wake up one morning and have it all back like a terrible dream. Yikes!!

Survivor Fans - I was glad to see Peter go - he was just too strange - kinda creepy weird. There are a few woman that I will be glad to see go too. And the black guy (can't remember his name) - can you believe the comment he made about keeping men becuase the're strong and getting rid of the woman - oh please.

Gotta run - places to go and people to see
TTFN
Denise
Old 03-01-2002, 05:03 PM   #153  

Question Yet Another Question

Okay I finished the book, and I have to say I was disappointed in how vague the authors were about portions; I assume that it was on purpose? I also noticed that only hidden in the FAQ in the back did the "3 grams or less" policy even appear.

So I would LOVE not to have to count grams; is there anyone here who does it that way successfully? I had enough of weighing my food and counting my almonds in 4 months of the Zone. I would be happier to omit brown rice, grains etc entirely if it meant not figuring out every single bite of food I take.

Feedback?

Laura

Last edited by semmens; 03-01-2002 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:07 PM   #154  

Default Prayers answered!

Thank you all for the prayers, kind thoughts and well wishes for Dixie today. She is resting comfortably in her chair "big red" (chair and 1/2 plus ottoman), has eaten, drank and pooped. They had to pull a back molar that was lost to decay but otherwise it was ok. They also trimmed her toe nails trimmed (Thanks for the tip BOB) and they removed to large skin tags from her belly which left really ugly marks on her. I think they must have cauterized them (sp?). DH and I are both thankful that she is well and that it's over. Now I have some products to help her keep her teeth clean and gums healthy. Also got some things to help keep Kitty's clean too.

Let me say that if you have a pet with clean, healthy teeth, please start brushing them regularly! Your pet will thank you!

Tried to register for the marathon this a.m. but the forms weren't there yet. Will try again later.

Planning to run in a 5-k (3.1 miles) tomorrow but the forecast is NASTY. Cold (43*) and rainy. Think I will pass on that idea! DEB and SOL - sound like Disney marathon revisited?

Have to tell you briefly about the home visit I had yesterday. Went to a child's home to test him, something I don't have to do very often, Thank the Lord! Anyway, the place was MORE than a pig sty and the kids (3 and 4 years) were filthy too. The yard was filled with trash and the living room where I tested was cluttered pretty badly, but it looked like someone had made some sort of an attempt to straighten it. The worst of it was the smell. I am sooo sensative to odors and get migraines from them easily. So here I sit, in the floor and notice that I smell oil or kerosene heat which wasn't all that bad alone, but there was also several dirty ashtrays (another big migraine trigger for me), and something else I couldn't quite put my finger on. After about 15 minutes I realized it was the 20 or so pairs of sour, dirty shoes piled up under the two tables on either side of me and the carpet! OMG, the carpet smelled like one big skunky beer. I was completely nausious by the time I left there. And to boot, I smelled like I had been to a frat keg party! Then I had to rush back to the office and see another child, and I could smell that horrible odor! I appreciate people who do home health and home care of any kind! That is NOT for me!

POOCH - I used to eat a lot of that SF chocolate, including those pecan treats you mentioned. But they really upset my stomach, give me the "Mexican quick step!" I used to be able eat more than two or so before they bothered me, but at Valantine's I ate one small one and it bothered me. Then DEB turned me onto Lindt 70% cocoa and Valrhona and I would really rather have that than the SF stuff.

FILLISE - Glad to hear that Belle is fine too. I wonder what the first thing she shreds will be? Glad the date was worth a second! Did you see my post about your job and double dipping? If you want to look for it was on Sat or Sun last week.

SOL, DEB & MEL - Unless they have changed the rules.... When they stage you for the start of the WDW races you may line up in a corrall higher (meaning not as fast) than your number but not lower (meaning faster) than your number. Therefore if Mel is 1000 and we are 9000, she can still start with us if she wants. Hope that helps.

MEL - Forensic anthro huh? I took notes for a student with a disability when I was a grad student. The class was FA! I learned more about crime scenes and identification than I ever thought possible! It was great! One of the highlights of the year. However, I passed on the field trip to the forensics lab at UT-Chattanooga!

FRUIT - Hope you can come to the beach. It is guaranteed to be a great time!

QUILTER - Sorry you have been sick. Was just about to post an APB for you!

KIMMY - The registration for the 1/2 marathon is offiially open today. The race is in Jan '03, but registration for the 1/2 fills up rather quickly and will close in about May!

GRACIOUS - I like Splenda and have found it to be a terrific substitute for sugar and other sweeteners. I bake cheesecakes with it and they turn out great. I guess it is all a matter of "taste," if you'll excuse the pun.

Well, I am going to get ready for my lower body workout since I didn't get to go this a.m. I'm waiting for DH to get home so that he can see about Miss Puppy while I'm gone. Don't want our little patient to be alone.

Will check back again later!

Peace,
FROG
Old 03-01-2002, 05:15 PM   #155  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Here are a few more good recipe sites....ENJOY

http://www.gatewayno.com/cuisine/desserts.html
http://www.homeschoolzone.com/m2m/row.htm
http://nedraa.tripod.com/nedraskitchen/
http://www.cbt.net/dedwards/index.htm

BOB
Old 03-01-2002, 05:42 PM   #156  

Talking

[SIZE=large]Registered for the 1/2 marathon for Frog and Mr. Frog![/SIZE]
Old 03-01-2002, 06:13 PM   #157  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Finally home and have a chance to get in a post. I actually had a post nicely typed and almost finished last night when we had a lovely power surge and I lost the whole darn thing, was too pissed off to try it again, but now that I have time, I will try my best to get everyone addressed

I really didn't feel like jogging today, it looked rainy, so I thought I'd wait a while to see if it would rain, but it got sunny, so decided that I had no good excuses and went. The wind was gusting pretty darned hard that I felt someone was pushing me back as I tried to run against it. I was going to shorten it, but ended up doing the whole 4.5 miles, though it sure took me a lot longer than usual!

Eating is great today-as well as water intake! Can't complain. Hoping the scale will be going down like it usually does in the next few days.

Still don't know what to wear tomorrow Nothing like the last minute with me!

Finally gave in and went to get a hair cut. Figured after 5 months I was sorta due for a new do! I'll let those who met me in January or before be the judges-just hope it looks decent when we meet up next week!

I heard from LDBLOND and she wanted me to convey that she hopes to be back with us full force when things at home settle down with her, and the kids. She just wanted to let us all know she was thinking aboout us.

Hey gals, keep this in mind for the OCT. NC GET TOGETHER-we are planning on doing a clothing exchange when we are all there, so keep in mind that as you wittle down in size anything you'd like to bring to trade/give away-put in a box for the event!!!! We can all pretend we are at a big FILENES BASEMENT SALE!!!!!

GRACIOUS, I love using WW Pitas and making a bean burrito-great for quesadiallas as well. WOW, taking care of a newborn, you are a saint!! As for agave, my personal opinion is that it's wonderful. I really only use it in baking, which I've curtailed recently due to over indulging on what I was making. For me, when I've used Splenda in large amounts I have an immediate gain the next day. I think me and the maltodextrin doesn't mix well. So, for me, agave is better (and easier to bake with). Don't worry about not losing for a week, I've had weeks where I've been 100% OP and gained. Just be patient, and I promise, as usual, your patience will pay off

FROG, glad to hear furry child is home and going well. That house sounded so gross-hope you don't catch any thing contagious from sitting in there!!! Where you able to open that link and see the FROGS???

BOB, when's BB coming back on???

KAREN, I'm the guiltiest in the bunch when it comes to weighing and living by the scale, just can't help it. I think after next weeks WIW I'll put it away for the week. Just waiting to see that drop I've been anticipating!!!

FRUIT, date night? Hmmm, I need one of those dates. Ahhh, to be young again! LOL!!

THUNDER, glad to hear you are progressing along so well with your pregnancy! Tell DH to hide the cookies that you are trying to have a SB BABY!!!! Hey, at least what you are craving is SB LEGAL!! I posted a recipe on the recipe board for an apple cake-can't vouch on how it would taste though, have never made it, got it out of one of my books and adjusted it to be SB LEGAL. Let me know if you end up making it and what you think.

POOCH, I get crazy at certain times of the month and go into eating frenzies. You just have to get to know your body and understand you'll have days like this. It's okay to eat more, as long as it's food OP. Usually by the next day, it's gone-once in a while it will last 2 days. Sometimes if you up your protein or eat some nuts like almonds or Brazil nuts, that too helps. LOL! I read your post, of course. Have seen those SF candies, but never tried one. As long as it's a once in a blue moon thing, you'll be okay. When I found these CRANBERRY SCONES at Whole Foods I bought one and that was it for a whole week. THEN, I decided to buy a few at a time, place was an hour away, so I froze them to eat one every few days. Well, to make a long story short, I was buying about 6-8 of them, and ended up some days eating 3 of them. Finally, I e-mailed them to get some nutritional info-almost DIED when I was the caloric intake of over 300 calories for 1, plus the fat grams-I could believe eating 3 of these would put me over in such a big way-so I stopped buying them-couldn't control myself. So, just be careful-I say this from experience

FILLISE, probably I could find something to wear, but as I said above, it's last minute now, plus the fact that I hate to shop for clothes. I know I have a couple things in the closet, but have to take a moment and try them on, most likely they're going to be too big, but what the heck, it's only for a few hours, as long as it doesn't look like a potato sack on me! How's Ms Belle doing tonight???? Glad the boobie smashing was a smashing success.

BETH, no need to add in the spices. Also, remember, it's good to keep track, but it doesn't have to be 100% accurate, just do your best. You know, I have gone through 2 birthdays already since I started SB and I never once missed birthday cake. Plus, knowing that if you truly wanted some you could bake an SB LEGAL one, or like you said, a cheesecake makes it so much easier. I've been to so many parties, weddings and Bar Mitzvahs where cake is served and I really have never felt like I was missing out by NOT eating it. Since starting SB I came to realize that food doesn't make the party, people do No, I don't think it's crazy to buy a smaller pair of jeans-it's nice to have something to focus on as a reward. You did FABULOUS on your intake-you should be proud!!! For fiber I like Fiber one (14gr an ounce) or something like raspberries (14 grams for 7oz), beans are good too!

MEL, WOO HOO! 4 days in a row-you are rocking girl! Guess you didn't want to come down to FL and get thrown into the Detox Dungeon! Hey, did you take a pic before with a newspaper in a bikini?

BUSDEB, CONGRATS TO DS!!!!

SHEANN, CONGRATS! Wow, another 1.5lbs, you'll be back to that low in no time.

SEF, BOB mentioned she was getting a FRESH FOODS in her area as well. I've heard of FRESH FIELDS but never FRESH FOODS. Is it a HFS???

ROSALIE, ANOTHER POUND!!! My goodness, you are really making me do happy dances down here!!! CONGRATS!!!

SOL, how did things pan out with VES today??? Details, I want details!!! You have to keep us posted on the weather coming up next weekend as well-with the crazy ups and downs with the temperatures we've had, I haven't a clue what to bring up as far as clothes go (okay, really, it's whether I should bring a jacket or not, who am I fooling). Haven't signed up for the WDW Marathon, awaiting to hear something before I do

QUILTER, sorry you're feeling so cruddy. I hope Paul is taking good care of you, tell him he better or I'll throw HIM in the detox dungeon!!

MONET, cake baking, story writing-you are a woman of many talents!!!

KIMMY, I'm not impressed with any of the cast of Survivor just yet-no one really stood out that I said I though XXX should win. It is beautiful there though, better than the other places they've been before.

TRISH, tell DS good luck!! Hmmm, now I'm going to have to try that cake recipe now that you said it was good! Good for you on staying OP at that dinner at such a fancy shmancy restaurant. I've gone to a few dinners at places that have the most exciting desserts and usually, if you want, you can ask for fruit instead-if not, I just ask them to box whatever it is up in the back and bring it home for others.

VES, LOL it's DOOKIE HOUSER. Not sure if you knew there was a show quite a few years back here in the states called DOOGIE HOWSER, MD, about a genious kid that was a Dr. as a teenager, so one day when I got "backed up" I said I was a DOOKIE HOUSER and it seemed to stick. Though, doobie does sound good too. Hope you and SOL have fun tonight-can't wait to hear the details!!!

SEMMENS, may people are successful on SB without doing portion control, whereas some people need it, or like doing it. I would say to try your best doing without and if you see you aren't losing as you think you should be, journal, at least for a few days, just to get an idea of what you are eating and the quantities, it def. helps, esp. if you are having trouble. Okay, the reason the book is a bit vague and confusing at times is because MICHAEL MONTIGNAC was the first to write a book about this WOE first. The men who wrote SB took his information and made the SB BOOK before Montignac came out with his US versions, EAT YOURSELF SLIM. If you can get a copy at the library, it will help you understand more. The Sweetalk Board that the SB site has, many people ask the same questions over and over again about things that aren't easy to understand and their questions are NEVER answered by the Dr.'s-why, because they don't know! They never did their own research that I know of for this book. To give you an idea, they say to do 30% fat/40% carbs/30% protein, so if you don't have to journal, how the heck are you suppose to know if you are in that range?? They put down that apricots have a GI of 7, taking that info from elsewhere, which was WRONG-it's 57! They have never put this information correction on their boards. Umm, they put chocolate is okay as long as it's high cocoa content-so people see this and think from day 1 it's okay to eat chocolate-NOT! The whole idea is to get the sugar out, not eat chocolate from day one-no where does it say anything about this, nor do they say how much is okay. That's why it's so important to ask questions and learn from experience. So, with that, don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have!!!

Okay, tis all for now, going to go call Eli and see when his butts do home. I pray he takes something for his cough tonight-he's been hacking up a storm at night and sleeping through it whereas I can't and he's keeping me up-I NEED SOME SOUND SLEEP TONIGHT!!!

Have a great weekend!

Debbie
194/122/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 03-01-2002, 07:10 PM   #158  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

IT's WONDERFUL OVER HERE ON THE WEST COAST OF FLA!!!! THE BREEZES ARE BLOWING, IT'S CLOUDY....IT'S GONNA RAIN....ALL WEEKEND!!!! Windows are open and I'M LOVING IT!!!
I've only got ONE MISSION this weekend...Got to go to BURDINES and get ANOTHER pressure cooker, a 4 qt calphalon pot, long fry skillet, interplaque tooth brush, and let's see....I think that's all.
PLUS...everything is on sale and I still get additional 30% plus another 10% BOB will be a HAPPY CAMPER!!!

SUSAN...sounds like you need two pots of soup...one of DEBBIE'S cure all CHICKEN for you, and TUNA for MS BELLE

GOOD LUCK to all you registration junkies I'll be there with my pom poms

I've just figured out why I can't get to everyone...our days of postings are getting to be over two pages every day...Please know that I'm not ignoring anyone...

SURVIVOR...well...PETER was TOO WIERD and I won't miss him..the BODY QUEEN has to go soon...I didn't see her doing anything to help...just prancing around in her bathing suit. The black dude I didn't care for either..We'll just have to wait and see...

NO START DATE ON BIG BROTHER, but THE AMAZING RACE IS MARCH 15!!!

Three movies for this weekend...CHOCOLAT...(haven't seen it yet)..15MINUTES..and BEYOND SUSPICION will let everyone know what I think...

FROGGIE so glad that DIXIE did well. I know she will like her nails too...I bet I have the same stuff for SKEETER'S mouth...is it a blue gel? He loves that too...

Well....I've got to go for now...

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 03-01-2002 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:50 PM   #159  
sef

Default IT'S RAINING! IT'S RAINING!!!!

Hiedie Ho All!!!

I could tell it was going to be bad weather for the last couple of days (Idon't need to watch weqther report, I am my own forecaster!). The old bones were right! Today I can hardly move!!! Oh well! The sun'll come out Sunday or Monday!!!

I was all snug under my giant heating pad (my afghan) when GD called, missed bus so would I pick her and friend up. So of course Grandma couldn't say no. Was glad to get under the afghan again. It's not that it's cold in house just that my aches feel better when I warm up. It's probably all in my head and makes no difference whether I use it or not. I think it's sort of like eating comfort food, you think it makes you feel better so it does. At least cuddling under an afghan doesn't give me guilt feelings and weight gain!!!!

Being such a miserable day, called for soup, so I made a pot of beef soup from the leftover pot roast and broth made when it cooked. There was onion in it already, just added some grated carrots that we had for salads (that I didn't it because I thought they were a
) and some barley, little salt and pepper. Really good. Made family some Pillsbury biscuits to go with it.

QUILTER - Tell Paul that old lady has legal pita chips in that bag and is dipping them in legal salsa, all a legal reward for doing the exercises!!!

DEB - Fresh Foods is an ordinary grocery store. I was interestd when I visited folks so don't know what kind of HFs they carry. I think I read there is a Whole Food Store going up somewhere in N.O. so they could eventually come across the lake. N.O. is not a place I would go for groceries!!!!

Guess that's it for now! Glad everyone's pets are doing okay. Hope all the blahs for the sickies go away! Mine too!!

Take care, Shirley
Old 03-02-2002, 12:07 AM   #160  

Default Good Evening!

Well, I succumbed to the siren call of the chocolate mousse filling for the cake I was making. I licked off the spoon and the beaters. It was delicious! That was the first sugar I have had since 1/21. I hope it makes me sick!

Does anyone have any words of wisdom on how to break a stall? Should I cut back on starches, and up my water and exercise? Or should I just keep on as I have been doing, and quit being impatient? It has been two weeks since I lost anything... I am not close to goal and have plenty to lose...

BOB!! I just noticed you are from Sarasota! (Can you tell I am having trouble getting used to this board? ) About two years ago, my hubby and I took a week away from the kids and traveled down the west coast of Florida. We spent four nights in Sarasota and loved it! We were right by the Ringling Museum and the school of art. I loved the beaches and the whole area was just so nice! We had great weather too. And we ate every night at Capt Bryan's seafood restaurant. They had fabulous fried oysters. We also stayed in Fort Myers right on the beach and drove down to Naples for a day. Our goal is to move somewhere between Sarasota and Naples when the youngest graduates from High School.
Old 03-02-2002, 12:15 AM   #161  

Default How's everyone doing???

It has been pretty crazy around here. Went to Lancaster, about 90 miles away, last night after work to visit my grandfather. The Dr. give him 2 -4 weeks to live. His kidney is shutting down and he is refusing dyalysis. He will be 87 on Sunday. What a way to spend your birthday. He is in a lot of pain and I pray that God will take him soon. I don't like to see him suffer nor my mother as she takes care of him.

For those of you who have the rain, I'd love to have some. Send it my way. It is so dry here, and I know I live in the desert, but a little rain would be nice. the wind blew last night and I just knew this morning I wake up and my patio furniture would be in the neighbors yard.

Deb- My husband is not loosing weight and getting very dicouraged. I calculated his calorie intake and broke down the Carbs/Protiens/Fats. It seems like alot. He is 210 and I came up with 2020 cal per day, 202 Carbs/151.5 Prot/67.3 Fats. Is this correct? I think he isn't eating enough and his body is stalling.I am not exactly sure how to get the amount of protien in his daily intake that he needs. Any suggestions. He has salads with either a chicken breast or beef for lunch. And we have some kind of meat, salad and veggie for dinner. Not sure what he could eat for snacks that might boost the protien. Any suggestions.

Has anyone had problems using Splenda in place of sugar in a recipe and having the consistancy get wird on you. I found a recipe that uses frutose instead of the sugar. But if frutose isn't the best then I thought I would use Splenda. Well it didn't work. I was making fudge drops and what a mess I made.

I really want this WOE to work and I am trying to get the recipes down.

Ed is going to Colorado for trainig and I have to get the clothes done and packed. So got to go.

Have a great weekend
Cyndi
Old 03-02-2002, 07:52 AM   #162  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Saturday Morning.

Up a bit earlier than need be and thought I'd get in a post before I hit the shower and get ready to go to the B/M service this morning.

I decided to wear this purple dress I had in the closet, still with the tags on. It's a little big in spots, but will fit the bill. It's a size 10P, long to my ankles, 2 piece (sleeveless with jacket)-it will be sufficient. I'm just happy I didn't have to go buy anything special.

I did very well with not only my eating but my water as well yesterday. Been feeling barfy but havent' gotten sick, which I know is hormonal and usually a good sign as far as the scale goes. Got on this morning and I was 120.5, that's down from yesterday by 1.5lbs. Measured my waist and down a 1/4 of an inch, I think. Today will be easy as well, I'll have something before we go and not too much at the kiddush lunch (after service lunch), I'm sure it will be extravagant as far as a kiddush lunch goes and there will be some things I can eat, but I'm very good when it comes to staying OP at events like this. Tomorrow, I haven't a clue what's on the menu for the party, but again, not worried, nothing worth cheating on I'm sure!

BOB, hope you find all the goodies you're searching for! Keep some hunting material for Orlando so we can go in for the kill somewhere around there. Let us know your personal reviews on those movies!! I sa Amazing Race starts March 11th-are you sure of your date??

SEF, you sound like me with the blanket. When it's cold, I take my blanket and throw it in the dryer for a few minutes to get it nice and warm-the family thinks I'm nuts-they're all dying of the heat and I'm cold-once again, Eli says I'm all skin and bones and have no blood!

MONET, you are too funny-hoping the sugar would make you sick!! LOL!! Okay, I hope so too! I wouldn't worry about 2 weeks of stalling, I had a month stall. Are you journaling your food at all?? Are you sure you're eating enough. Could it be hormonal?? Is it a TRUE STALL, or have you been going up and down with the same pounds? Give yourelf an overview of what's going on and see what you can come up with, if there's something you've changed lately, added into your WOE, etc. I'm sure the scale will go down, you just may need to be patient and/or tweak a few things into place.

RED1, I'm sorry to hear about your GF and the pain he is in. I pray that he doesn't suffer, that's the worse thing, knowing you don't have much time and having those last days being in such pain. My thoughts are with you and the family. As for DH, you are right on the money and are correct in those numbers. If he's not eating enough, that's something that can be easily fixed. How about adding a couple hard boiled eggs, some nuts, beans-there's lots of great sources of protein out there. I personally can't answer the Splenda question, I've only made some yogurt pies using it in the past and both times, I ate too much and the maltodextrin in it caused me to go up on the scale. Look at this site, it may be helpful: http://busycooks.about.com/library/f...isugarsubs.htm

THUNDER, the pic didn't show up, try again and if you still have some trouble e-mail it to me and I'll be happy to help you out. Thanks for the chat last night, sorry I had to cut it short.

Well, that's it for me, at least for now! I'll check back with you all later today.

Have a wonderful Saturday!!

Debbie
194/120.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 03-02-2002, 09:17 AM   #163  

Default I'm Stoked!

I was thrilled to find the SGWW Pastry Flour finally. Rosalie, you were right, I got it at bulk barn and it costs so little! .09 cents for 100 grams...I thought that was great. I am looking forward to trying it out and making some things for my parents because they arrive today.

I also picked up some of those Sorbees Low Carb, No Sugar hard candies to have around, a couple of their SF Chocolate bars. They are okay...not great like Ross, but I have no idea the fat content in Ross Bars and these ones listed the fat. I couldn't find the Lindt anywhere. I had gotten that in Halifax so I will have to pick some up again when I visit, I guess. I also found the Kashi Pilaf...their hot cereal. It was different! But I liked it. Very healthy tasting, to be sure.

I of course didn't find any agave, but will keep looking. Like I said, since I don't use much sweetener, Splenda will do me for now.

Today is measurement day for me, every Saturday. I haven't done it yet because I have been running around doing last minute clean up before the folks arrive. I hope I have good news!

Last night hubby and I went out to dinner and I had the most tasty New York Striploin....oh it was Fantastic!! Mediterranian veggies on the side and a big salad that I could not eat. I enjoyed that meal very much.

I better get moving. Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 03-02-2002, 09:25 AM   #164  
Bustin' Buddy

Happy Saturday!

Just caught up on posts since I was up before hubby! I'm having my morning coffee and relaxing with all of you! Not much planned for the day. There are a couple of movies I want to see on Pay per view and we'll probably work on our ceramic tile. Tonight we are heading to New Orleans because we have friends that are in a band and they have a manager/attorney guy flying in from Los Angeles to watch them play. If they get signed with this guy it could mean big things for them! We are very excited and are hoping for the best! So, we are giving our support and praying that things go well tonight! So, PLEASE say a little prayer for the band "Tom's House" tonight - and I'll keep you posted!

FILLISE: Still giggling at the thought of Miss Belle glaring at you and just planning out what she will ruin! Glad to hear everything went well!

POOCH: I so know about those pecan delights! They are fabulous! I ate some one day when I was OP and my DH found the wrappers and was about to say when I told him they were sugarfree! I could eat an entire box- and that's not good!

SEMMENS: I don't really weigh portions or anything like that. When I open the cabinet I look at the plates and I say - which plate/bowl do I really want - THEN I grab a smaller one! I've been eating out of smaller plates cause I don't put as much food - if I am really still hungry I'll have a little more. But, usually I'm not! Before I was just being a

FROG: Glad to hear Dixie did well. Don't you just hate the fact that people that live like that have been blessed with children?!? It totally pisses me off! That's when I question the big man upstairs. Here I am 5 miscarriages, no children at all, a 5 bedroom house (and it's clean!) and I can't have kids but yet these people have some and they are neglected! That's horrible! I see that so often as a teacher- makes me ill!

DEB: Love the idea of a clothes trade off - that's great! I think you will look FAB in your purple dress - purple happens to be my favorite color! Being that you'll be looking so HOT today in your dress - maybe you can have date night tonight too!! HAHA!

KIMMY & BOB: Y'all crack me up with the survivor stuff! I've never watched it but several of my friends are hooked. I don't like to watch things that I have to commit myself to every week - I would hate to miss and then have to find out the scoop from someone!

SEF: Are you going in October to NC? If you are and I talk my hubby into letting me go - maybe we can go together. I don't know about driving - I would have to miss too much school - but maybe flying in would be good. Did you happen to see the news last night? Did you see the teacher in Houma that got arrested for dealing drugs? Well, if you did - you saw my school on TV. She was on our faculty - isn't that horrible? What an embarrassment to our school - I just love how when a teacher gets arrested they splash it all over the media - UGH!

MONET: When I hit a stall - I protein load - lots of meat and beans - I'm sure DEB will not agree with this (sorry Deb) but that's what I do!

RED: I just want you to know that I'll have you and your family in my prayers through this tough time.

Well, I'm gonna go for now....see y'all later today!

Missy
284/272/170
Old 03-02-2002, 10:00 AM   #165  

GM all,
Just came in to say hello.....DS played another BB game last night and won. He plays again today at 11:45. This a different tournament....we are certainly getting our share of Basketball this week.
It is raining and cold here and is going to be that way all weekend. I haven't ridden in two weeks so I am having withdrawal pains.

I don't have time to respond to all but know that I am readin ur post and I am cheering for us all.

Smiles,
Debbie
Closed Thread