Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #76  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

TENNESSEE WON!!!!

By only 1 point, but that's all it takes to WIN!!! We're steps closer to the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP in HOTLANTA!!!!

Of course, WE HAVE TO BEAT KENTUCKY next Saturday, and I've had an uneasy feeling about that game all season! NO ONE can predict that game!!

Toni, I bought everything except odds and ends last week. We fix turkey thighs, and they are in the freezer ready to go. We'll make our dressing that morning and pop it in the oven after the turkey is done. I bought Mrs Schubert yeast rolls (frozen, but just like homemade), cranberry sauce, asparagus, kale, taters, gravy and pumpkin pie.
WHEW!! Looks like I'll be busy cooking!!

BOB
Old 11-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #77  

Hi BOB! I am glad the VOLs won, since it makes you so happy. Georgia sure looks like a different team then they were at the beginning of the season!

I could be mean and root for the CATS.

Last edited by Ellen; 11-17-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 152.5/152.5/120

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all, sorry haven't posted B4 now since last post, but between 2 teenage girls and my husband trying to get on sometimes is impossible. Anyway, Thanks to all the warm welcomes. Just to let you know also, I don't post much, but when I do get on computer I do read everyones posts since last time I get on, but I will be lurking. If I have any questions I will be sure to ask. Thanks, ladyfirefighter1
Old 11-18-2007, 09:52 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 152.5/152.5/120

Height: 5' 0"

Also another thing that concerns me is starting this woe with the holidays coming up. Trying to get thru eating legal. Thanks ladyfirefighter1
Old 11-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #80  

Morning! I slept in a bit, but then I went to bed really late!

LADYFIREFIGHTER: This is really an easy program to follow during the holidays! Turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans...are all fine! You can make your own cranberry sauce easily with splenda instead of sugar. In the recipe section, there are recipes for all kinds of pies using whole wheat crust and splenda or agave. I have never felt deprived when following Sugarbusters because there are so many choices! Do you need help with specific traditional foods? Let us know. You will probably get a lot of ideas to help.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #81  

Howdy everyone. Its a quiet beautiful day here in the Ozarks. The air is so clean and fresh outside. I love going out on the deck and just looking out over the woods. I just remembered I was going to make my cranberry sauce but forgot so maybe I can get to it tomorrow. I did put my turkey breast in the fridge so it can slowly thaw this week. Tomorrow I'll go get the rest of my stuff for my dinner.

Ladyfirefighter- Hello good to see you posting. I look forward to cooking at Thanksgiving its so easy to stay Sugar Buster friendly. I'm making my stuffing with whole wheat bread. And I'll bake my sweet potato and my cranberry sauce will be made with splenda. I make mashed potatoes for my DH but I just don't eat any.

Bob- Your dinner sounds yummy. I may make some rolls in the bread maker. I'd forgot about those. Guess I'd better put yeast on my list.

Monet- I slept late today too. Its made me kind of lazy. I'm glad I have leftover beans cause thats what I'm cooking for dinner.

Off I go. Have a happy evening.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies

I have had a hard time getting into the website today. I had toget an epidural this morning. I have been up since 2:30 with my back, mostly the pain going down my leg. We couldn't decide to do the epidural in my neck or back. So I go back Tuesday and get another one for my neck. My MRI showed the discs were worse on the left, another one on the right and one in my next along with spinal synosis (narrowing of the cyclinder that holds the spinal cord). Just wonderful news. I was so down this morning. Tired of everything in the world being wrong with me. Of all people, I don't even believe in being sick. Other than all these major problems I haven't missed 5 days of work is 35 years. I know there are much worse things and I should count my blessings, but it gets to you after awhile.

Enough doom and gloom.

We did get up 90% of our Christmas decorating. Most of the outside is finished also. Now we have to put up all my Dickens villages. I have about 15 of them (my boss gives us one each year) and I put them high up over my family room on a ledge. My DD has to squeeze up there and set them up. It is so pretty, I should leave them up all year.

Toni, sounds like you have it all together for turkey day. All I have to bring is a bottle of wine. That's my kind of dish!

Bob, congrats on your win. You are right, next week could go either way. I don't know what will happen. TN needs the game to be bowl eligible so they will be playing hard. I'm leaning your way.

Ladyfirefighter, SB is the easiest to follow on Thanksgiving. Turkey, beans etc are all legal. Plan ahead. Make a sf dessert for yourself. Check out the cheesecake recipe on here. Make a sf pumpkin pie w/o the shell. All kinds of things if you jus plan ahead. Good luck

Monet, hope you are up and at it by now.

Guess I will go home and take a walk. I can't go to the gym tonight. Pork chops for dinner. Have a great evening.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #83  
Addicted to potato salad!

Solly: :hugs: What a bummer. Nothing is worse than chronic pain. What is the long-term plan on 'fixing' you?

Toni: I got all my Turkey fixins yesterday and have my frozen-solid turkey thawing out in the fridge. There was a stock boy putting the turkeys in the case and just tossing them in there and they sounded like bowling balls!!

Monet: Did you sleep in again this morning?

Lady: I find SB tough during the holidays. I am very traditional when it comes to Thanksgiving and like the same ole stuffing and the mashed potatoes and the gravy. I figure if I'm very good leading up to the day, I'll splurge on the mashed potatoes. Heck, in the illegal food world, there are FAR worse attrocities than mashed potatoes!! As far as I'm concerned. All things are okay in moderation. But...for me, when it comes to mashed potatoes and moderation are two words that should never be in the same sentence. Which is why I have to lose weight.

Anyhow...I've had parent teacher conferences all day. Both kids are doing stunningly well. Kyle is going to be a leader in an independent reading group and Shelley was .10 off from High Honor Roll. She was quite mad.

Anyhow...off to find something for dinner.

kris
Old 11-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #84  

No Bake Pumpkin Pie[/u]

1 small package butterscotch instant sf pudding
1 Cup skim milk

Mix the above for 1 minute, then add:

1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pumpkin

Stir well then add:

1/2 container of lf cool whip ( 8 oz size )

Stir well again and pour in low fat pie crust. Top with remaining cool whip. Refrigerate 3 hours.

Can also be used as pudding without the pie crust
Old 11-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #85  

Darn my whole post is gone. Something is really going screwy with this site. It took me about an hour to get on after I posted my recipe and then it didn't submit my post I had. Oh well I'll try once again. Went grocery shopping and out to lunch with Priscilla today. I forgot skim milk so will have to run out again tomorrow. I also got my flu shot. Glad thats over with. Guess I'll clean tomorrow and cook Wednesday or rather get my fruit salad and dessert done. Oh yea my cranberry sauce too.

Tech- The mashed taters are a hard one to pass up. Maybe Steve will eat them all. LOL Is your shop closed on Friday?

Solly- I'm so sorry you're in pain. I hope the shots help but its awful to have to live with that. Your Dickens village sounds wonderful. I think I might be under construction this year.

Bob- I looked every where for the casserole book but guess you'd know in this little town none. They did have the Taste of Home mags. WAAAAA

This recipe is the one I'm going to use for Steve and I this year for our dessert. I think it will be better for us than pie. Can't wait to see if I can make a good healthy meal. Okay off I go to finish up my green tea. Don't want to lose this post.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:31 PM   #86  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

Did even leave work until 5:45 p.m. I was supposed to go at 4:30...so it begins....my old arse is dragging, so this will be a complete drive through!

MONET...I bet I find myself yelling for THE CATS Saturday. I've pulled for them all year, and this is the only game I NEVER PULL FOR THEM....

JACKIE...Sorry you're puny..I know how that feels...I'm supposed to have a facet injection on 12/28. I've started having the pins and needles down my left arm, and the nerve is drawing on my right arm when I hold it a cert way...Mine is all cervical...{{{{{{FEEL BETTER SWEETIE}}}}}}

TONI...I'll look for the book and then send it to you...I so want you to have it.

KRIS...HOW'S CUTS???? Everything still running good? How did the appointment go with the German Lady?

Kiddo's, I'm off to fix a bite to eat and then up in the bed I'm going!

BOB
Old 11-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #87  

Thank you Bob!!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:06 PM   #88  

Hello everyone! I did not sleep in today. I went to water aerobics, came home, changed ate breakfast, grabbed Kaeleb and went to Costco and Publix. We had a blast together. I kept him up until almost 2, which is unheard of around here! He is usually grumpy and rubbing his eyes at noon! He LOVED getting samples at Costco. The little bugger is such a pig! I have never seen a kid more interested in eating! He 'pretend' eats with his toys too! Maybe he will be a chef?!? They are going to have to watch his weight, that is for sure!

I got a huge standing rib roast to fix on Thursday. It is like 12 pounds...and will be totally yummy! No turkey here! Thank God! (I hate it! I hate it!)

Once I got home, and was chilling, I heard Laura get home from work, and she was talking to someone, and it was not Justin. I was curious and came down to see who was here, and lo and behold, it was James! Home from Chicago and Baltimore and off all week! Fun!

Tom is unfortunately fighting a cold, so he skipped his meeting tonight and came home and crawled in bed. He is still sleeping.

I did not work in the garagio today. I need to get some stuff done though. I got another order from a friend today for four mugs. I need to make 19 now for Christmas orders! I have a few done, but I need to get cracking! Then I need to throw plates for my presents to family, and etc. etc.! Lots to do, but not much motivation right now.

SOLLY: I am sorry you are in pain, and having trouble with your back. I hope and pray the epidurals help. I understand the frustrations of feeling like health issues are dragging you down. I feel that way too. I have been terribly depressed, and very discouraged, and I don't even have as much to pull me down as you do. Hang in there. It will get better!

I will check in tomorrow morning! I am off to play nurse to my sicko!
Old 11-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #89  

Howdy ho..... I've got so much to do but haven't even started yet. I want to clean my kitchen and do laundry also run to the store for skim milk. So tomorrow will be cooking day. Thanksgiving will then be a piece of cake. LOL. Our weather will be turning horrible cold.

Monet- I had forgot you hated turkey. What a wonderful dinner you'll have with a standing rib roast. Yum. I'm so happy James is home. Hope Tom is feeling better.

Bob- I hope you got some good rest last night. You sounded sooooo tired.

Solly- How are you feeling today?

Well off and running.... Will check in later.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Girls

Toni, I had a hard time getting on here today also. I am so proud of you fixing such a legal dinner. You will be the winner. Is it just you and Steve?

Tech, the plan is just epidurals for now. I hate pain meds and won't take them unless it is horrible. I have a high tolerance for pain. Surgery would be the last choice. Have a Happy Thanksgiving in case you are not on here tomorrow. Will you hear from your son at all?

Monet, Touring Costco with Kaeleb sounds like so much fun. I am so jealous. I don't think my DD will ever be ready for kids. With my health, I am so afraid I will not be able to be an active grandma. I am so glad James is home already. Enjoy your family.

Bob, some of mine is cervical too, we just haven't starated teratment on that yet. You and kate have a wonderful meal and day. Maybe you should pull for the Vols. You know your luck.

Feeling better today. The epidural has helped. I actually got to sleep all night. Going to finish the staircase tonight and some other finishing touches. Tried to organize all my SB & WW recipes last night. Now I have my regular recipes to finish. They were a mess.

I will not be able to get on her etomorrow until after 2:30. We have 2 bids tomorrow and a short staff. This ought to be fun.

Have a great evening.
Closed Thread