Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 11-28-2007, 04:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default Rosedale diet & SugarBusters similiar?

hey ya'll--

I started reading "The Rosedale Diet" while I was waiting for my copy of SugarBusters to come into my library branch. From a superficial glance, they seem somewhat similar in avoiding sugars... Rosedale also wants people to avoid carbs (specifically what kind of carbs, I need to read further) ... I'm only in the beginning chapters of Rosedale, but it looks interesting!

Anyone knows if SugarBusters & Rosedale are similar or different diet plans?
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #2  

I read Rosedale a few years back. He claims his diet will improve Leptin sensitivity and he also pushes fats. He claims fats will 'stoke the furnace' of fat burning. Yeah. I tried his diet for a while. I went back to Sugarbusters. He is MUCH more restrictive on what you can and can't have than Sugarbusters.

Just my opinion, though. Let us know what you think when you finish it.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote