Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #31  

Howdy ho. Its good and cool today. The men are outside banging and clanging. I need to start lunch for DH so will make this quick.

Monet- Thanks for the info on the udon noodles. I had went to Amazon and they said some of them were whole wheat so I'm glad I didn't order and get something I wouldn't have used. I guess I'll have to use ww spraggetti or something else. Hope everything turns out beautiful from your kiln.

Tech- What a great idea about the coupons. I hope it brings people in. You're doing good with the walking.

Solly- Got my book You Staying Young yesterday and are starting to read it.

Bob- Wow thats taking forever to get your internet back on. I laughed at Kate being on the phone. I would be the same way.

Well I'm off for awhile while everyone has a busy day.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon ladies,

It has been busy, busy here today. Went to the gym last night and only did 30 minutes of upper body weights. After dinner, we took the dog for a 15 minutes walk. Tonight is our off night. I am anxiously awiating the Country Music Award show. I plan to iron while watching.

Monet, DWTS = Dancing With The Stars. I am hooked on it. Hope the kiln turned out ok. That has to be frustrasting when something is damaged and all the work you put into it.

Toni, It is cold here. Just keep that weather there would ya? I wore gloves and earmuffs last night on our walk. I always feel sorry for ocnstruction workers inthe cold weather. I could never do that.

Tech, what a great idea about the coupons. You have so many good ideas to promote your business. I am sure it will just take some time. You need to get some type of write-up in the local paper. That always brings a crowd.

Bob, we miss you too. Sneak in when you can.

Got to go into a meeting. Have a great evening
Old 11-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #33  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solly View Post

Tech, what a great idea about the coupons. You have so many good ideas to promote your business. I am sure it will just take some time. You need to get some type of write-up in the local paper. That always brings a crowd.
Actually, I did get a write up in the paper...the lady that does the neighborhood update, who usually writes about her friends and family that she knows and when they've gone to Florida or returned from Florida, but sometimes she doesn't something news-worthy and last week she had a paragraph about my shop. It was really nice...she ended it with..."We all wish her much success!"

Just a quick hello for now...will be back soon...

Last edited by techwife; 11-07-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #34  

Just finished up dinner. I had a lean cuisine and some extra broccoli. Then I ate a banana for dessert- the potassium helps my restless leg problems.

The kiln fired off this afternoon and I started working on inventorying the already finished stuff I have. I have tons more to do! I am packing stuff as I write it down, and I have one box full and enough stuff for two more! That is without all the stuff in the garagio I have not even brought up yet. Lots to do! And I can't wait to see this latest kiln load!

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 11-08-2007, 06:59 AM   #35  

No walking the dog today. So mad. Kyle got up at 6:15 to go pee and decided he wasn't tired anymore. Anyone that's woken a bear up out of hybernation will know what it would be like for me to wake up DH to sit with Kyle while I take a walk and will understand why I'm doing WATP this morning instead. DARN. I was on a roll, too. Its these little set-backs that make me just give up all together because if I can't make a routine out of it, I won't do it. I LOVE taking Junior for a walk down by the river....I hate WATP. But, if I can't take the dog for a walk consistently, I will probably not do it anymore and will just accept that I am fat and learn to live with it.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #36  

Morning!

TECH: You need to move beyond the all or nothing here. One morrning of Kyle waking up early should not ruin your walks forever. Couldn't you tell him you were going for a walk and he needed to quietly read in his room until you got back? And NOT to wake his father up. He is smart enough and old enough to spend a bit of time alone, out of trouble, while you take care of yourself. Tomorrow, Junior will be so happy to go walk again...

Last edited by Ellen; 11-08-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:53 PM   #37  

Monet: I know...I'm just having a low day today. NO customers all day. I just feel like I'm being laughed at by the other hairdressers in town for daring to pursue a dream of mine and, to boot, I have no time to exercise like I want to because I have to sit there, getting secretary spread instead of vericose veins and bunnions from standing too long, hour after hour after hour, knowing I have mounds of laundry to do and a scummy bathtub to clean.

have to go make dinner. Turkey chili tonight. I'm freezing to my inner core. After chili might be a hot bath.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #38  

Howdy ho. Things have been busy here. Jerry is working on the kitchen floor. We're getting a new back door too. I took my friend to WAl Mart yesterday to get her medicine. Her car is in the shop. We stopped and had lunch and I finally got up my nerve and asked for the food I wanted instead of falling off the plan. So I had a grilled chicken breast on rye bread with mustard, lettuce and tomato. And a side salad. It was so good and I felt good after eating it. Last night I had a oven roasted chicken breast salad from subway with a ton of veggies on it. So that was my day for eating out.

Tech- Come on gal. Don't get discouraged you can do it. And I'm sure your business will pick up. Its still so new. Your walking has been great and I'm sure your dog loves it. Wish I lived near you. I'd love to walk by the river.

Monet- Guess your busy busy. Don't overdo.

Deer season starts here Sat. our little town just nearly everything shuts down. Even the school will be closed a few days. My DH's job has only a skelton crew. Isn't that silly.

Better run. Happy Day.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies

Just a quickie. It is nuts here. My desk is sky high. No plans for the weekend. May finally go get our glasses. It has been 2months since we got new prescriptions.

Tech, Even though you like routine (as I do), mixing up your exercise is good for your muscles and your will lose wt faster. Your muscles get used to the same thing then they don't release the fat.

Monet, good luck at the craft fair. I think it is this weekend. I know you will do well.

Toni, sounds like the men are moving right along. You did so great on your day out, you should be so proud. Now just to make it through the weekend. The day I had is driving me to drink.

Got to run. Have ag reaet weekend.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #40  
Bustin' Buddy

HEY HEY HEY!!!

I'm still alive and so are my kids! I must be a decent mother at least - they are still living!!! HA! Well, I haven't been here since October 12th - does that tell you how busy I am these days? CRAZY! I'm back at work - went back on October 29th. I'm tired...that's all I can say..Tired! 2 kids makes such a difference - especially when one of them is QUEEN TERRIBLE 2! OMG! She's driving me to want medication! Anyway...just wanted to say hi and post recent pics of the kids. Wish I could say that I've been eating good but those holiday oreos have been getting the best of me! Well, let me know what y'all think of the kids....

TONI: Are you serious? They shut down the schools for the opening of hunting season? WOW what die hards!!! HA!

Love you ladies!!
Missy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc01196.jpg (31.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01167.jpg (25.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01168.jpg (31.2 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by fruitloupe; 11-09-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #41  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HEY EVERY BUDDY!!!

I've rigged up my computer so I can at least surf around. The VERIZON people will be here on Tuesday to hook up the high-speed...I had forgotten how slow dial up is, but at least I'm on here~!

I've missed y'all so much! A person just doesn't realize how much they depend on something until they don't have it for a while! This experience has been TERRIBLE....I sure hope this VERIZON/DIRECT TV is worth what we've been through. Almost 3 weeks without a phone, no internet...but at least we had TV...

GOTTA GO FOR NOW....MY GUYS ARE PLAYING ON TV!!!

I'll be back a little later!

BOB
Old 11-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #42  

Howdy all. Went grocery shopping today. Ugh. Glad its over and put away. Since we only go every two weeks I got most the stuff for Thanksgiving. I'm still not all that sure on my menu. I am going to try and make a sugar free pumpkin pie on a ww crust. It will be my first time making it this year. We got an early Christmas gift today. It was a coupon for a back door porch or small deck to be built by our contractor. It comes from our son his wife and family. I was so excited I cried. We've just had concrete blocks going out the door.

Missy- How wonderful to see you. Your kids are adorable. Please try to come back more. We've all missed you so much.

Bob- Howdy ho!!!!! Not to long now. I just have dial up. I hope someday they get high speed out here in our boonies. I've missed you....

Solly- Hope you get your glasses. I need new ones after the first of the year. But now I've got to get Christmas shopping done.

Well guess I'd better get... Have a good evening.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #43  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I know this sounds stupid on my part, but we now know that we've made a mistake in changing out cable provider. As I told you, the Verizon Fios isn't available in our neighborhood and won't be for a while. As replacement until it does, they gave us DIRECT TV and DSL (computer). It has now taken almost a month to get everything hooked up. Today, I went online and paid my Direct TV bill. I wanted to upgrade to the next package and was told it will cost me $99 to change receivers! I DON'T THINK SO!!

I called COMCAST and spoke with a very helpful person. I can't change until next week because of something they do changing the phone back and forth. That's ok though...I don't want the possibility of not having a phone to happen again. SO.......he's going to call me next Saturday and we'll set everything up.

I found SHRIMP CAKES at the store today. Bought them, popped them in the oven for 15 minutes and OH MY GAWD WERE THEY EVER GOOD! Full of WHOLE SHRIMP and I do mean full of. I'll be buying thoses again!

TONI...CONGRATS on that SURPRISE!! It will completely change your back yard. Y'all will love it...

I'm off to watch movies. I'm watching HOME OF THE BRAVE right now and it's really good.

I've also got:

IN THE LAND OF WOMEN
TALK TO ME
SAFE HARBOUR

Talk to y'all tomorrow!

BOB
Old 11-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #44  

Hi everyone! The craft fair went ok. I did not sell as much as I had hoped to, but I made more than I paid for the space, so at least I did not lose money. I can always list on Etsy all the things that are left!

I am so tired! Tonight, we went to a new restaurant we had not tried before. It was authentic Mexican. Oh, my! The food was fabulous. I got a Cream of Poblano pepper soup, and a grilled chicken salad. Tom got their Mexican style fajitas with refried black beans. I tasted some of his and it was good! Very fresh and tasty! I am going to try and duplicate the soup since I have a TON of Poblanos from my garden!

I am pretty tired, so I will sign off and get some sleep! Night!

FRUIT: Good to see you! The kids are adorable!

Old 11-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #45  

Happy Sunday to you all. It rained here this morning and we're just having a lazy day in front of the tv. Wish I had some of Bob's movies. I made egg sandwiches for breakfast. Only ate part of mine tho. This evening we barbecue steaks. Think mine is to big so I'll cut it in half and have part of it tomorrow. Wonder how all the deer hunters are doing. We pasted the processing place on our way to grocery shop and there were lots of hunters there dropping off there deer.

Monet- Wish the fair would have gone better. Anyone would be proud to have one of your pieces. The soup sounds so good. Yum I love poblano peppers.

Bob- Those shrimp cakes sound good. I hope you have a good day watching movies. Thats the pits about your internet. Wow 99. bucks!!!

Well off to finish my lazy day.
Closed Thread